Bounty Contract Week

i think there are a few flaws with the way this was implemented.

First, it should not have been bounties for everyone. The mechanic involved in the quest ends up getting mobbed. It would have been better, imo, to have unique daily quests for each class type.....

1) jedi knight and consular - seeking out and destroying or turning dark side sith, issued by the jedi council.

2) troopers - combat or rescue missions, specific mission targets for the republic command.

3) smugglers - missions to smuggle artifacts, spice and other underworld goods from planet to planet and person to person, with occasional combat involved.

4) sith warrior/inquisitor - missions to kill or turn light side jedi, issued by the sith order.

5) bounty hunters - current system in place.

6) imperial agents - espionage, assassination and sabotage missions for imperial command.

Second, companions should have been a questgiver point for the system....this way you could actually get two missions, one from the system, the other from one of your companions daily. This would have allowed the cross class questing that is going on now with bounty hunting since you would be going on that mission with that specific companion, and also would have caused certain unused companions to get a bit of play.

The higher the affection, the higher quality the missions granted by your companions.

I hope to see improvements to the system in the future.

this! So much this!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are a few flaws with the way this was implemented.

First, it should not have been bounties for everyone. The mechanic involved in the quest ends up getting mobbed. It would have been better, IMO, to have unique daily quests for each class type.....

1) Jedi Knight and Consular - Seeking out and destroying OR TURNING dark side Sith, issued by the Jedi Council.

2) Troopers - Combat or rescue missions, specific mission targets for the Republic Command.

3) Smugglers - Missions to smuggle artifacts, spice and other underworld goods from planet to planet and person to person, with occasional combat involved.

4) Sith Warrior/Inquisitor - Missions to kill or turn light side Jedi, issued by the Sith Order.

5) Bounty Hunters - Current system in place.

6) Imperial Agents - Espionage, assassination and sabotage missions for Imperial Command.

This exactly what I been saying, but everyone is saying, "No, you have to make it fair." What's preventing BW from implementing Jedi missions issued by the Jedi Council on Tython to kill Sith or fallen Jedi, or Sith missions issued by the Dark Council on Korriban to kill Jedi or enlightened Sith? Troopers can be a mirror of Bounty hunters in the sense that they're Military Police or SpecOps hunting criminals. Smugglers can get theirs from the hutts or corrupt republic officials. Agents can go to a still functioning secret branch of the Ministry of Intelligence.

First, it should not have been bounties for everyone. The mechanic involved in the quest ends up getting mobbed. It would have been better, IMO, to have unique daily quests for each class type.....

1) Jedi Knight and Consular - Seeking out and destroying OR TURNING dark side Sith, issued by the Jedi Council.

2) Troopers - Combat or rescue missions, specific mission targets for the Republic Command.

3) Smugglers - Missions to smuggle artifacts, spice and other underworld goods from planet to planet and person to person, with occasional combat involved.

4) Sith Warrior/Inquisitor - Missions to kill or turn light side Jedi, issued by the Sith Order.

6) Imperial Agents - Espionage, assassination and sabotage missions for Imperial Command.

Second, COMPANIONS should have been a questgiver point for the system....this way you could actually get two missions, one from the system, the other from one of your companions daily. This would have allowed the cross class questing that is going on now with bounty hunting since you would be going on that mission with that specific companion, and also would have caused certain unused companions to get a bit of play.

The higher the affection, the higher quality the missions granted by your companions.

While this would be nice, you are completely ignoring how whiny certain MMO players are. Some would be bound to claim "Jedi have it easy, whaaaa, BioFail, whaaaa".

Not to mention, we enjoy fully voiced event now, and getting all original voice actors back would be hard or even impossible, because at least one of them died since then. And I would rather have uniform voiced over adventure than unique text-only adventures. I assume it might be possible to get someone with similar enough voice to replace the unavailable actors, but still, someone would recognize it and whine...

Bored, standing in one place for 10 minutes camping a Shady Character followed by an easy fight, interspersed by lots of traveling and load screens.

This is not a fun or involving event, please bring back the Plague, it has so many more possibilities. Also spawned the best FP....

I think it's a bad idea to have the event on hutta and ord mantel. Especially on Hutta the first thing new players will see is a huge bunch of randomly leveled guys standing in the cantina occassionally fighting mobs of seemingly random levels.

Is this really the first impression a new user should get?

Edited by Mubrak

This event is horrible. People can troll new players in the Cantina's by talking to shadey characters then getting attacked and dragging them over to low levels who get killed by an AOE. The Kingpin Bountys are bugged and broken. The Kingpin reward is less then a henchman reward. Getting the achievements is also buggy half the time. I expected better from Bioware. Edited by Darth-Malice

While this would be nice, you are completely ignoring how whiny certain MMO players are. Some would be bound to claim "Jedi have it easy, whaaaa, BioFail, whaaaa".

Not to mention, we enjoy fully voiced event now, and getting all original voice actors back would be hard or even impossible, because at least one of them died since then. And I would rather have uniform voiced over adventure than unique text-only adventures. I assume it might be possible to get someone with similar enough voice to replace the unavailable actors, but still, someone would recognize it and whine...

Who died? As for getting them back, they were able to get them all back for Rise of the Hutt Cartel and for this event, well I guess except the one who died... but really, any player that whines that a dead actor didn't return is an idiot, and players will whine no matter what Bioware does. Hell, people would whine if they found a way to resurrect the dead brought back the dead actors... because players don't need a good reason to ***** and moan. But again, what voice actor died?

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

I think it's a bad idea to have the event on hutta and ord mantel. Especially on Hutta the first thing new players will see is a huge bunch of randomly leveled guys standing in the cantina occassionally fighting mobs of seemingly random levels.

Is this really the first impression a new user should get?

I was wondering that last night. Some new alts were leveling but also a lot of obviously new players fighting their first mobs and figuring things out, while 55s are all over the place killing everything in sight and trollololoing. It was a rather awkward scene.

I suppose the starters might be included partially in response to the many gripes that there's nothing to go back to those planets for. Or to let new players see top levels in cool gear for inspiration's sake.

Only took a few minutes to tell I'm not going to be too interested in this, unless it expands later and gets more complexity. Looks like it should be entertaining as is for folks who like that sort of stuff though.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I had a lot of fun doing this event last night. I have had none of the problems that others have mentioned. I did this on all 4 of my 55s (and planned to do on 3 other lower level characters, but was too tired). I did 3 on Voss and one on Alderaan. 1 of the Voss ones being my JK, the rest done on Imp side. I had absolutely no trouble running to all the shady characters and investigating or serving drinks or shocking the **** out of them.

It sounds like everyone was clogging the starting planets for some reason yesterday. I don't see any reason for any toon over 45 to go to those planets for the missions. There's tons of underappreciated shady characters waiting on Voss. :-)

I plan to run on all 7 of my able toons tonight. (and maybe an 8th if i can get my consular from 12 to 15 really quick) Then do at least one or maybe two kingpins. Maybe I'll see more of these supposed glaring issues on the other planets.

Btw, I just noticed that we can see a Chiss Cyborg on Dromund Kaas during this event. And because I have never noticed any other non-human cyborg on any of my many characters, could this be a sign of cybernetics coming to other races as well?

Btw, I just noticed that we can see a Chiss Cyborg on Dromund Kaas during this event. And because I have never noticed any other non-human cyborg on any of my many characters, could this be a sign of cybernetics coming to other races as well?

I noticed this too and had the same thought. Personally I think BW missed an opportunity to remove Cyborg as a race and make it part of the character customizations/kiosk when they introduced the Cathar and kiosk. They could have made the existing cyborgs human but given them full cybernetics unlocks at the kiosk as compensation.

Either way, I think we'll see more NPC aliens with cybernetics in future content for sure.

So, yesterday on one of my alts who just hit 15 went to Hutta....those AoEs done by level 55 npcs wiped out a bunch of players instantly; guess I should have known better to send my low level alt to a low level planet.... :rolleyes: Edited by Eillack

I had no problem doing it last night on Hutta, took me like 5-10 minutes at like 9pm EST on an East Coast server. I focused on the ones outside the cantina.

All the qq over this event seems super overblown. I read all the qq on forums while at work and was like, man this was gonna suck, instead I enjoyed it. In the 3 hours I played when I got home I did 7 Henchman bounties and 1 Kingpin. I never had a huge problem finding the shady people (but I also used dulfy.net for guidance) and never had to wait around much. I also didn't have a single person kill my bounty when I didn't want to, a few times there was someone around but they did nothing. I was able to capture 7 of 8 alive, the 8th a bleed killed too quickly.

I think people just look for things to complain about.

I noticed this too and had the same thought. Personally I think BW missed an opportunity to remove Cyborg as a race and make it part of the character customizations/kiosk when they introduced the Cathar and kiosk. They could have made the existing cyborgs human but given them full cybernetics unlocks at the kiosk as compensation.

Either way, I think we'll see more NPC aliens with cybernetics in future content for sure.

Would have been cool, but I doubt they would 'take out' a race now. There would be too much rage from people who:

- lost their race

- grinded that race just for unlocks

- are made that they are decreasing number of races instead of increasing.

That being said cyborg as a race was one of the dumbest ideas they put in this game.

Would have been cool, but I doubt they would 'take out' a race now. There would be too much rage from people who:

- lost their race

- grinded that race just for unlocks

- are made that they are decreasing number of races instead of increasing.

That being said cyborg as a race was one of the dumbest ideas they put in this game.

I am sure that it would be possible to convert the Cyborg species unlock into a CM item "Cybernetics Unlock", that would open cybernetics for all races, available at Character Creation or at Appearance Kiosk. And people who would lost their race, again, I think it should not be "too" difficult to remake them into humans with proper cybernetics modification.

Cyborgs are already treated as Humans by the game (no "ewww, you are an alien" remarks).

As for "decreasing" number of races, it could be introduced when they bring out the new playable race, so it would be "1 for 1" swap, with new unlocks for all

This exactly what I been saying, but everyone is saying, "No, you have to make it fair." What's preventing BW from implementing Jedi missions issued by the Jedi Council on Tython to kill Sith or fallen Jedi, or Sith missions issued by the Dark Council on Korriban to kill Jedi or enlightened Sith? Troopers can be a mirror of Bounty hunters in the sense that they're Military Police or SpecOps hunting criminals. Smugglers can get theirs from the hutts or corrupt republic officials. Agents can go to a still functioning secret branch of the Ministry of Intelligence.

Well, I think it's more than fair....and focused based on class to boot.

I am ignoring possible complaints, like I usually do. I personally would have simply used existing voice assets (many creative ways this could be done, including using alien dialog) instead of creating all new assets for this feature.

Requiring brand new voice overs for content restricts the amount and frequency of content that can be provided IMO.

I am ignoring possible complaints, like I usually do. I personally would have simply used existing voice assets (many creative ways this could be done, including using alien dialog) instead of creating all new assets for this feature.

Requiring brand new voice overs for content restricts the amount and frequency of content that can be provided IMO.

I was in particular referencing the "companions as quest givers" idea. Making your companion suddenly switch to Huttese would feel really strange. Or having them just repeat "I need help" every day.

Also, there is a finite number of what missions can be done, so even this system would eventually become repetitive. Also, some companions are downright useless to some classes. For example, going as Assassin against a tough opponent without healer is downright suicidal.

I am not dismissing the idea, just saying that it might sound cool on paper, but in reality, it would hit some pretty big snags

I was in particular referencing the "companions as quest givers" idea. Making your companion suddenly switch to Huttese would feel really strange. Or having them just repeat "I need help" every day.

Also, there is a finite number of what missions can be done, so even this system would eventually become repetitive. Also, some companions are downright useless to some classes. For example, going as Assassin against a tough opponent without healer is downright suicidal.

I am not dismissing the idea, just saying that it might sound cool on paper, but in reality, it would hit some pretty big snags

No doubt, and I didn't mean to try and trivialize your point. I would say this, however....

As far as VO, that could pose some problems...but I bet they could find some ways to creatively use prior voice work, with perhaps a bit of extra voice work thrown in if warranted.

As to the mission problems with different companions, the missions could be designed to ones that could work well with that companion.

Just some thoughts.

David Anthony Pizzuto, voice of Tanno Vik.

Ah, ok well again I say if any player complains that they didn't bring back a dead guy to do a voice... they're idiots. So, a similar voice, or someone faking his voice could suffice, and again, if a player objected... Well, they will. Because as I said, players WILL find a reason to complain, and if there isn't a reason to complain, they will create one.

I am sure that it would be possible to convert the Cyborg species unlock into a CM item "Cybernetics Unlock", that would open cybernetics for all races, available at Character Creation or at Appearance Kiosk. And people who would lost their race, again, I think it should not be "too" difficult to remake them into humans with proper cybernetics modification.

Cyborgs are already treated as Humans by the game (no "ewww, you are an alien" remarks).

As for "decreasing" number of races, it could be introduced when they bring out the new playable race, so it would be "1 for 1" swap, with new unlocks for all

Well, the cyborgs also have a different social ability than humans. Although, that could be rectified by including the cyborg social as part of the package I guess. But still, it's one of those things that nothing you are saying here wasn't said by most of the beta players. Cyborgs as a species is one of those cases where Bioware did what the wanted, what they players thought be damned. Now, I've gotten used to them though... I have them unlocked so I can make a human or I can make a cyborg human. Plus, since ALL the human options are there for cyborgs (well, except for the new hair colors and such on the cartel market... so no cyborgs with white eyes or purple hair... realy wish they'd expand them to the cyborgs and hell expand the hair to the other species even, at least the ones that can have them, like Miraluka)

haters going to hate so yes im completely ignoring it. Also, it would be easy to work around voice actors. Can have mission terminals, use non-basic speaking companions, I personally wouldn't be bothered in anyway with having different actors for the same characters. I would even encourage it. I'd even would go so far as to suggest holding a contest where the winner gets to do a scene voicing their favorite companion (and I'd be the winner)

Second, COMPANIONS should have been a questgiver point for the system....this way you could actually get two missions, one from the system, the other from one of your companions daily. This would have allowed the cross class questing that is going on now with bounty hunting since you would be going on that mission with that specific companion, and also would have caused certain unused companions to get a bit of play.

I disagree. Jedi have acted to apprehend criminals before. As have troopers.Smugglers can be many things and as a gunslinger I like trying my hand at hunting down people. Remember the whole "Han shot first " thing? Originally it was a total homage to westerns because Greedo drew first. A classic look at the western "gunslinger" would be have gun will travel from the 50's/60's or the man with no name series with Eastwood in the late 60's/early 70's. Sith have been known to hunt anything and everything including their own apprentices pets.And depending on your choice at the end of the agent thing,the BH as it is might be a perfect way to go. Now if they wanted to add your suggestion as an ongoing daily,maybe,but even there it runs into the above listed issues.

So, yesterday on one of my alts who just hit 15 went to Hutta....those AoEs done by level 55 npcs wiped out a bunch of players instantly; guess I should have known better to send my low level alt to a low level planet.... :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the Gree Event ... "Read = dead", as "they" always say ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer