How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that you will not be paying an additional charge to get the new Flashpoints. They are a part of the content of Game Update 2.3, which as we have stated in the past, we will not charge for.

-eric

End of thread. It is a shame it arrived to 15+ pages though

I can confirm that you will not be paying an additional charge to get the new Flashpoints. They are a part of the content of Game Update 2.3, which as we have stated in the past, we will not charge for.

-eric

Thank you Eric. The response is appreciated.

They SHOULD be counted as subs because they WERE! Period! Why they actually left is anyone's guess and it's completely irrelevant.

Back to the OP - I expect anything sightly sizable (FPs, Ops) to be DLC now. The "free content" will continue to be crap.

Just because they're not subbing does not mean that they have left the game. Preferred, anyone? Yeah, Preferred players still play and pump money into the game. Subs are just a portion of the income and playerbase.

Ops and such will continue to be free, unless they are part of an expansion (3.0).

*EDIT* Just saw Eric's posts. Yep. Good stuff.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

-eric

End of argument.

OP proven wrong

:rolleyes:

Plural? Yup! And definitely not "nightmare" modes, they are brand new.

That's all nice and dandy, and I'm happy that PVEers are getting another content update, they deserve it. However, you've already stated there will be a PVE update and a PVP update is coming as well.

But what about an RP/social Update? We are still waiting for long-promised essential RP/social tools like chat bubbles (which is a mechanic that is as important to many rolepayers and socializers as the group finder is to PVEers and the warzone queue mechanic is for PVPers), being able to sit in all chairs (we all know it's easily doable, just takes someone that devotes time to it, sits down and does it), and much more, you know! So which Game Update are essential RP/Social features like chat bubbles, sitting in chairs, etc. currently slated for?

Also, you've called the recent update "focused on guilds" (what a joke!) even though it had nothing really important that was promised for guilds in the guild summit well over a year ago, just a mechanic to reward big, "quantity over quality" guilds and kick the small "quality over quantity" guilds in the lower regions... Which game update is a proper guild update that will finally address most if not all issues and concerns guilds have had (just look at the log of the guild summit to see which ones those are) slated for?

Edited by Glzmo

No real need for this now that an official response has been issued but, for the future:

So, What you are saying. That if today or tomorrow they announced that it cost 275CC to unlock (a flashpoint) its Ok?

I guarantee that if they did that there would be a HUGE uproar and they would "rethink" that decision. So, I do not think that will happen.

That's all nice and dandy. You've already stated there will be a PVE update and a PVP update is coming as well. But what about an RP/social Update? We are still waiting for long-promised essential RP/social tools like chat bubbles, being able to sit in chairs, and much more, you know! So which Game Update are essential RP/Social features like chat bubbles, sitting in chairs, etc. currently slated for?

...eventually? :(

Edited by CaptianFordo

Question: Will they come with Nightmare or Hard Mode versions as well or is it just Normal only?

if you means Flashpoints, so far there is no NiM version of any, so its really unlikely that it will happen, we can except Titans of Industry and The Imperial Warlord to have HMs.

From what I heard James said Eric was wrong, it's going to cost eleventy-bajillion ewok rep to get the new FPs. But, that's just what I heard. At least I think that's what I heard. Maybe I shouldn't have skipped my meds this morning...

So from erics response does that mean they will be lvl50 fps. Or will they scale from 50 to 55. I don't see how they could be considered content that there would be no charge for if you need to purchase the expansion to gain access to them

Some further clarification would be nice

DVLOTS

So from erics response does that mean they will be lvl50 fps. Or will they scale from 50 to 55. I don't see how they could be considered content that there would be no charge for if you need to purchase the expansion to gain access to them

Some further clarification would be nice

DVLOTS

Expansions always work this way in other MMOs with increased level caps. The new instances are at the new level cap, you can't do them without the expansion. Just like you can't do the current level 55 hard modes without Makeb.