How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

Honestly, from the title, I thought OP was talking about repairs bills :D

Btw, the thread title itself show a first hint of the *possible* OP bad faith... using the quotes for the "new" flashpoint seems just a way to delegitimate the devs' announcements. The FPs in 2.3 will be new, not "new".

For the proof that it will be free there is none. But there was no prof that 2.2 was going to be free either. Devs just omit this particular statement only because they assume that it's a fact, it will be redundant to say it explicitely. After all, if it would be at charge, they would already told us (2.3 will be in august, and we are in the second half of june). After all, they wouldn't lose the opportunity to make money via pre-orders and stuff like that :D

If you mean that "we will be charged" means that we will have to buy ROTHC to play the FPs, well that probably is true, if the FPs are level 55.

:rak_03:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trend does actually favor that. Stop being deliberately provocative with the chicken little imitation.

Good luck, Andryah. Reason hasn't really played a part in OP's statements, though, so prepare to be called an apologist, or BW employee, or some other nonsense people seem to enjoy labeling you as.

The trend does actually favor that. Stop being deliberately provocative with the chicken little imitation. :)

See, I was with you last summer as we asked those to take a wait and see approach to If we would be charged for Makeb. I waited, I saw, I got charged.:( Just attempting to be a little more proactive this time around.

See, I was with you last summer as we asked those to take a wait and see approach to If we would be charged for Makeb. I waited, I saw, I got charged.:( Just attempting to be a little more proactive this time around.

How are you being proactive? You're asking a question that none of us has the answer to. We'll know when they tell us.

But the answer is "no."

How are you being proactive? You're asking a question that none of us has the answer to. We'll know when they tell us.

But the answer is "no."

So, This is not the place to ask questions to the developers?

What happens if the answer is "Yes".

Edited by Taorus

OP loves to ignore all posts with factual information showing him that a cost for new FPs is unlikely.

Actually...I think he's probably a lot more right than you think. Since F2P, what have we gotten for new "content" for free? I think it's 100% likely that they'll hold any new "content", such as FPs or Ops, for "DLC".

So sometime in August, After nearly a year and a half we may or may not get "new" Flashpoints. With the largest content update ever...Er Pardon, Mini Xpac/DLC we were charged $9.99. An since our "complimentary" Cartel Coins have taken on a mandatory roll. I am curious as to how much the "new" flashpoints will cost.

1. Will the cost be account wide or Server/Legacy?

2. Will it be it be a monthly unlock or a one time sale?

I would have mentioned the "new" pvp content, But October is a little far off?

you mean this obviously sarcastic post, doesn't come off as an attack to you?

Actually...I think he's probably a lot more right than you think. Since F2P, what have we gotten for new "content" for free? I think it's 100% likely that they'll hold any new "content", such as FPs or Ops, for "DLC".

HK-51, Section X, Hypergate

All were added with or after F2P.

Ontop of that, Devs have constantly said they won't put gameplay elements in the CM. I'm much more inclined to believe that than someone who has constantly complained about every aspect of the game and development.

Ontop of that, Devs have constantly said they won't put gameplay elements in the CM. I'm much more inclined to believe that than someone who has constantly complained about every aspect of the game and development.

So, I have complained about every aspect of the game and development? LoL

And the Gree Event continues to be a free recurring event.

So, I have complained about every aspect of the game and development? LoL

Yep! Ontop of that, you troll anyone who disagrees with you or has an opposing opinion.

Would you like me to go through your post history and highlight dozens of the obvious examples here?

So sometime in August, After nearly a year and a half we may or may not get "new" Flashpoints. With the largest content update ever...Er Pardon, Mini Xpac/DLC we were charged $9.99. An since our "complimentary" Cartel Coins have taken on a mandatory roll. I am curious as to how much the "new" flashpoints will cost.

1. Will the cost be account wide or Server/Legacy?

2. Will it be it be a monthly unlock or a one time sale?

I would have mentioned the "new" pvp content, But October is a little far off?

Let me see if I can break this down for you:

You put "new" in quotes, suggesting that they shouldn't have said new, because there's no way it could actually be new. That's an attack. You referred to the mini expac as a content update, then pretended to correct yourself, implying that it was not a mini expansion, and only a content patch that we were forced to pay for. That is another attack. You put "complimentary" in quotes for cartel coins implying that it is not complimentary. It's not but it is standard fare for MMO's so this was another attack implying that it somehow is unfair, and referred to them as mandatory, which (almost) completely untrue. And you used the last of your post to get one last dig about the PvP release date. Ya. It was clearly an attack.

Yep! Ontop of that, you troll anyone who disagrees with you or has an opposing opinion.

Would you like me to go through your post history and highlight dozens of the obvious examples here?

Um, Outside of being charged for Makeb. I have not complained about any of the development of the game.

And yet, We have Makeb.

You're SO RIGHT!

Section X, HK, Hypergate, Gree event = Free

Makeb = paid expansion

So, ONE piece of paid content = all future updates will cost $?

Have you ever played an MMO before?

100% illogical.

You're SO RIGHT!

Section X, HK, Hypergate, Gree event = Free

Makeb = paid expansion

So, ONE piece of paid content = all future updates will cost $?

Have you ever played an MMO before?

100% illogical.

Um, Once again Makeb was to be free content update.(Per James Ohlen) Then four months before release it became and Expansion and hence had a price tag.

Um, Once again Makeb was to be free content update.(Per James Ohlen) Then four months before release it became and Expansion and hence had a price tag.

And since it increased level cap, calling it an expansion wasn't all that farfetched. How many games increase level caps and provide new areas without It being an expansion?