How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

Your signature shines a bright light on your insistence flying in the face of Erics clear and unambiguous statement today in this thread, which I linked for you. No such clarity ever existed regarding Makeb.

But hey, it doesn't matter right... because you already quit. ;) So it's really just parting jabs by you at Bioware IMO.

We'll see, maybe it'll be something like:

3 / 4 bosses free!

4th boss costs 50cc to unlock!

Or maybe it'll be free...we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 / 4 bosses free!

Most of us Take Eric as his word. And in this case, his word is consistent with the trend for FP releases in this game post F2P. Besides... even the OP believes Eric.. and he was doing a world class Chicken Little performance earlier today.

You... you will be gone anyway so what does it matter to you? Just jonesing your PvB til your sub expires?

You... you will be gone anyway so what does it matter to you? Just jonesing your PvB til your sub expires?

Just explaining my discontent with the game.

Ok, so maybe this fp will be free for subs. Are you happy to wait another year for the next new fp, while you get recycled content in the hm version of this coming new fp?

Eric actually said "brand new flashpoints". I wouldn't put it past them to be like "oh we meant brand new hard mode" but it actually sounds like these are not recycled ones this time.

Sure, new flashpoints, okay. Maybe these will be free, but how much content are flashpoints and what level of difficulty will they be. Are they going to be on LI level where only good players can do it, or will it be something crap like BoI where anyone can do it.

Sure, new flashpoints, okay. Maybe these will be free, but how much content are flashpoints and what level of difficulty will they be. Are they going to be on LI level where only good players can do it, or will it be something crap like BoI where anyone can do it.

Whatever it is, my prediction is you will be unhappy. I doubt it will be at the level of tuning of LI, they had said before that it was very unpopular for that reason. Unless they actually put in a gear ilevel requirement for different tiers of FPs. Otherwise you'll have a group end up with a tank wearing 49 blues for it and everyone will bail.

No, you are choosing to spew BS and attack me because you are too blind to see the truth.

Anyone who never purchased a sub beyond the initial 30 days could fit into MANY categories.

1.) Never played game.

2.) Left because it wasn't what they thought it would be (KOTOR3)

3.) Left because the game was bad.

YOU, and the people YOU are defending, use it to mean they ALL fit into #3. Which is complete BS. If you'd like to continue lying and being a dick, fine.

I'm asking for reason. You're inflating numbers to prove this game is horrid. You are getting more jaded by the day, and it's time for the two of us to just stop interacting completely.

The great part about TUX is that he pays money to come here to the forums and hate on almost every aspect of the game. I was shocked to see him say something nice to the dev post, but he had to get his jabs in by asking.

Not only did he defend this troll post asking about "paying for FPs" (which anyone knows Bioware would never do to sub) but he then tries to bucket every single box sold into one category of "played it but the game was bad so I left". This game was sold to a ridiculous number of people who probably didn't even know what an MMO was but it was star wars and KOTOR3 so they tried it.

That's ridiculous to say the least. But hey, at least I'm not spending $15 a month on a game I hate. This game has flaws of course, but I definitely don't spend money just to dump on it int he forums. What kind of a person does that?

Edited by Arkerus

3 / 4 bosses free!

If you think the next FPs will have a cost for subscribers..I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I can confirm that you will not be paying an additional charge to get the new Flashpoints. They are a part of the content of Game Update 2.3, which as we have stated in the past, we will not charge for.

-eric

Prolly wont be charged till the next Expac , is normally how it works .

Why would they charge us ? till then .

NO game I have played to date has ever and I hope never charges a Suber for content for that expac till they give us a new one and to be honest I will pay 40$ for the next one , just to have this kind of contest ,I hope you all don't ever charge any suber for content in whatever expac we are in . if it ever comes to that, it's time for me to move on .

and I would have paid

for this one and was ready to pay it ..

If you think the next FPs will have a cost for subscribers..I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

If they do that , I'm gone . so yea anyone that thinks they will be charged CC or what ever is badly mistaken .

AND

they made a major mistake by telling us a while back it was gonna be free makeb and more levels , I knew then something wasn't right in the Ranks of the SW DEV .

I knew we would be charged for what they called then just a content update .. I was thinking to my self if they pull that off . no MAJOR game to date has done it , that would be so awesome , at the same time was wondering how can they and keep the game going .

Edited by tanktest

Makeb was a test. A test if they can sell content. With the new flashpoint we will see if they will continue this strategy.

It is a valid question to ask how much it will cost.

And if it will, we will see the same people defend the price, who are now denying that there will be any cost.

:)

Edited by discbox

Why are we still arguing about some imaginary price, when Eric said without the slightest option for doubt that the new flashpoints will not cost anything?

Not even Bioware/EA will revoke that statement and get on the most desastrous PR campain ever.

Why are we still arguing about some imaginary price, when Eric said without the slightest option for doubt that the new flashpoints will not cost anything?

You know what's funny about this whole thing?

The fact that, although we got the confirmation we won't have to pay extra for them (twice!), people are still debating the whole (non)issue.

And then, a few answers later, someone will say "Oh, I'd pay extra for more frequent new FPs".

And then someone will agree with that statement.

And then the whole issue will turn into a "why not?" discussion.

And EA will see that this is a controversial issue which, however, appeals to some people and think "indeed, why not?"

And a few months down the road we'll get a new flashpoint we'll have to pay extra for and people will wonder who gave EA/BW the stupid idea that we should pay for it.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. The exact same thing happened with Appearance Customization.