How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

Proof?

Legal Burden of Proof lies and falls on you. ~

" ...the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges. "

You started with a question but the truth is you are biased and subscirbe to the school of thought that the new Flashpoint will cost money. So it's up to you to proove that it will.

Skimming this thread, there is no trend and you have no proof.

So in order to further prevent this thread from being taken off topic. I have to provide proof of a trend, But only under a predetermined set of guidelines? Ok.

Life Day Life Day was New Items added to the Cartel Market but with with a fancy name, nothing more, nor is it a flashpoint

Makeb Makeb was obviously a mini-digital expansion with more content than a Flashpoint...in addition to having a Flashpoint.

Cathar. The Cathar was a cosmetic race unlock (which I actually disagree with their descision to charge us for it), but saying Cathar is a proof of trend is like saying that the Frog-Dog outfit is also proof...it's just cosmetic.

All charged for.

Edited by Lionflash

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in order to further prevent this thread from being taken off topic. I have to provide proof of a trend, But only under a predetermined set of guidelines? Ok.

Life Day

Makeb

Cathar.

All charged for.

Life day -> cosmetic stuff

Makeb -> an expansion that every company in the world would charge for (discounted at 50% for subs)

Cathar -> cosmetic stuff

Nightmare mode for Asation -> free of charge.

Future FPs -> very likely to also be free of charge.

Life Day

Makeb

Cathar.

All charged for.

Life day and Cathar are Cosmetic. Not content...

Makeb was an expansion. It had way more than just flashpoints. New Ops, new Planet, New abilities, new levels.

I would say that is pretty damn worth $10 or $20.

As far as new content not tied to an expansion. There is NO trend. None. Zilch. Not there. Keep trolling...

Ok, So you have zero proof we won't be charged.

I see your game..

you're just doing round and round arguments because you have nothing left to add.

let me remind you..

YOU didn't ask "IF" there would be a charge for them , YOU asked how much...meaning you assume they will cost something and usually assumptions are based on some form of foundation based in fact...and YOU still fail to provide that foundation and only continue to try and circumvent by asking questions.

Ok I'll ask you this..

what flashpoints have we had to pay extra paid for as subscribers up until this point ..not counting Makeb which is a whole new planet ...

Just an FYI. EAware does not consider these things to be fluff.

Makeb is fluff?

The expansion is the one thing subs have paid for, and knew it was going to be charged for months in advance. Don't try to use that to support your rather weak argument.

The expansion is the one thing subs have paid for, and knew it was going to be charged for months in advance. Don't try to use that to support your rather weak argument.

So you confirm we were charged for Makeb.

Ok I'll ask you this..

what flashpoints have we had to pay extra paid for as subscribers up until this point ..not counting Makeb which is a whole new planet ...

I would say that subs had to pay for all the new lvl 55 FP's (er I mean rehashed not new) as well as an Op that they used to not have to pay for in TFB.

;)

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Just give up. OP loves to ignore all posts with factual information showing him that a cost for new FPs is unlikely.

Instead, he chooses to pick fights with anyone who feels differently, but doesn't provide the same information that has been posted numerous times in the thread.

Trend shows that we most likely WON'T pay for any content that:

1.) Isn't tied to an expansion

2.) Isn't just cosmetic

Not only that, but we have developers who have said this time and time again. CM = vanity. That is it.

Not only that, but we have developers who have said this time and time again. CM = vanity. That is it.

Just to play devil's advocate here ... and to be fair.... the Devs have went back on several things they have said/promised and chalked it up to either poor wording or miscommunication.

So I really take what they say with a grain of salt at this point.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Just give up. OP loves to ignore all posts with factual information showing him that a cost for new FPs is unlikely.

Instead, he chooses to pick fights with anyone who feels differently, but doesn't provide the same information that has been posted numerous times in the thread.

Trend shows that we most likely WON'T pay for any content that:

1.) Isn't tied to an expansion

2.) Isn't just cosmetic

So at first, Attempt to derail the thread, next attack or report to get thread shutdown. Lastly attempt to ignore it and hope it isn't true. Thank you, I am getting a better look at the playbook.

At what point did I appear heated that, I needed to chill out? So asking a calm reasonable question is now considered going loco? Truly a shame what public education has done to the masses.

Your assumptions and rudeness about my education reinforces my point. You are here to argue I suggested you read the developers posts to answer your question and calmed yourself. You are coming across angry and unreasonable in my worthless publicly educated opinion of course.

Your assumptions and rudeness about my education reinforces my point. You are here to argue I suggested you read the developers posts to answer your question and calmed yourself. You are coming across angry and unreasonable in my worthless publicly educated opinion of course.

And of course your assumptions that I was angered or crazy are what exactly?

So, Do you have a link?

Edited by Taorus

I suggested you read the developers posts to answer your question and calmed yourself.

Just to be fair as I mentioned above Dev post really can only be taken with a grain of salt at this point in time. They have went back on things they have promised / stated on several occasions over the last few months.

So, Do you have a link?

Here it is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

And here's a relevant quote:

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:•New Flashpoints

•New Daily Area

•New Recurring Event

•Significant graphical upgrades

[/Quote]

They never said 2.3 would be the biggest update ever, they said biggest update since 2.0 so the entire rant in the OP was based on misinformation. Absolutely no indication that it will cost a dime for subs.

First off, No where did I even remotely suggest you shut up.

But I take it the new tactic is, if the apologists do not like a thread is to derail it and take it off topic. :(

Oh for the love of the force why does everyone call people who support the game apologists or some kind of other term I really don't get it.

So at first, Attempt to derail the thread, next attack or report to get thread shutdown. Lastly attempt to ignore it and hope it isn't true. Thank you, I am getting a better look at the playbook.

Well, instead of ONLY responding to argument posts, why don't you go back and read my threads where I corrected your misinformation?

Or, where I show you that the trend favors MY position -- that they won't cost anything?

YOU are the one derailing the thread, by continually responding ONLY to people who attack you, or "derail."

FPs will cost nothing. Half of the things you claimed we got Pre-F2P we actually got WITH or AFTER F2P.

We've gotten plenty of free content since F2P. We've had ONE paid update -- and that was an expansion. That is it. There is no curve, no trend, and no evidence suggesting that we will ever pay for gameplay.

Here it is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

And here's a relevant quote:

They never said 2.3 would be the biggest update ever, they said biggest update since 2.0 so the entire rant in the OP was based on misinformation. Absolutely no indication that it will cost a dime for subs.

See Firstly Makeb was billed as largest content update every, Nowhere did I state 2.3 was. And nowhere in that link does it say we won't be charged.