How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

So from erics response does that mean they will be lvl50 fps. Or will they scale from 50 to 55. I don't see how they could be considered content that there would be no charge for if you need to purchase the expansion to gain access to them

Some further clarification would be nice

DVLOTS

There really isn't any clarification necessary. It will be for level 55 players. There is no reason to make new content for the old level cap. If you don't get the expansion you don't get the new stuff. Are we to consider every update to endgame from here on out to be paid content because it's gated by the new level cap?

Did you consider 2.2 to be paid content as well?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the only content in 2.2 (for anybody I know or anyone in my guild) was was in cartel packs, yes I would consider that paid content.

That's interesting, because I gained access to NiM TFB, a new speeder, some new gear (both from said NiM), and the ability to craft 31s. Perhaps you should put in a bug report if you aren't able to access it.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Considering the only content in 2.2 (for anybody I know or anyone in my guild) was was in cartel packs, yes I would consider that paid content.

NiMs are content that you now have access to.

Whether or not you actually partake in said content, it is still content.

That's interesting, because I gained access to NiM TFB, a new speeder, some new gear (both from said NiM), and the ability to craft 31s. Perhaps you should put in a bug report if you aren't able to access it.

But you do see that only a fraction of this game's population has access to that right? You can imagine how a player who isn't in a raiding guild would view 2.2 as "the patch they added huttball uniforms and a cool assault cannon to the cartel market".

But you do see that only a fraction of this game's population has access to that right? You can imagine how a player who isn't in a raiding guild would view 2.2 as "the patch they added huttball uniforms and a cool assault cannon to the cartel market".

I don't raid, and I don't see it that way. I guess my imagination is greater than those players you are speaking for.

You may view the patch in whichever light you wish, but to say that there is no new content in 2.2 is demonstrably wrong.

You don't have to be in a guild to access it. We have Group Finder. Just because you don't parake doesn't mean that the content isn't there.

I think the rational individual would say the 2.2 patch was Huttball uniforms plus assault cannons, plus the one they added some stuff for "other" players.

I supposed if a player were 100% self-focused, they may see the world the way you suggest. But it seems odd that an individual with such an over-developed sense of self-centeredness could survive long enough to participate in an MMO, or would even choose to do so.

The morale here, of course, is that it is foolish to deny the existence of things simply because you are disinterested in them. Each of us is disinterested in many things. Personally I have absolutely no interest in PvP in this game, but I could never with a straight face deny that it exists or, if any new PvP content ever actually comes around, say that the patch it came in contained nothing.

I think the rational individual would say the 2.2 patch was Huttball uniforms plus assault cannons, plus the one they added some stuff for "other" players.

I supposed if a player were 100% self-focused, they may see the world the way you suggest. But it seems odd that an individual with such an over-developed sense of self-centeredness could survive long enough to participate in an MMO, or would even choose to do so.

The morale here, of course, is that it is foolish to deny the existence of things simply because you are disinterested in them. Each of us is disinterested in many things. Personally I have absolutely no interest in PvP in this game, but I could never with a straight face deny that it exists or, if any new PvP content ever actually comes around, say that the patch it came in contained nothing.

Again, not just me. I have 2 roommates and 4 other RL friends who play this game. I'm also in a guild. I can tell you with absolute certainty that 0% of the people I know who play this game have gotten a chance to try the nightmare modes introduced in 2.2.

Thanks for insulting me personally because we have differing views on videogames though! Perhaps you could take a "morale" from that?

Plural? Yup! And definitely not "nightmare" modes, they are brand new.

It's about time the development team listened to the community and didn't just re-use content.

Now if they can only do that for future operations. (If you're going to put out nightmare modes, have all 3 modes ready to go when the operations releases)

nah, he wasn't proven wrong because even he didn't really believe it.

His exaggerations and sarcasm were simply a means to an end.

Yah, he WAS proven wrong. Just accept it. His OP wasn't exaggerated or sarcastic (hint: go to dictionary.com if you don't comprehend what "sarcasm" is) and there was no end that his means would service. He was wrong. And now, so are you. I know it stings, but there you have it.

Again, not just me. I have 2 roommates and 4 other RL friends who play this game. I'm also in a guild. I can tell you with absolute certainty that 0% of the people I know who play this game have gotten a chance to try the nightmare modes introduced in 2.2.

Good thing y'all don't represent the entire playerbase or that patch WOULD have been a waste of time. As it is, I know people who run NiM OPs. I'm not one of them, but I sure do know plenty who do. What do you have to say to them? That the content they enjoy is worthless just because you aren't playing it? Get over yourself.

Thanks for insulting me personally because we have differing views on videogames though! Perhaps you could take a "morale" from that?

The poster to whom I was replying didn't say there was nothing in the update for him. He said there was nothing in the update. Or you, I guess.

Do you see the difference?

Edited by DarthTHC

That's all nice and dandy, and I'm happy that PVEers are getting another content update, they deserve it. However, you've already stated there will be a PVE update and a PVP update is coming as well.

But what about an RP/social Update? We are still waiting for long-promised essential RP/social tools like chat bubbles (which is a mechanic that is as important to many rolepayers and socializers as the group finder is to PVEers and the warzone queue mechanic is for PVPers), being able to sit in all chairs (we all know it's easily doable, just takes someone that devotes time to it, sits down and does it), and much more, you know! So which Game Update are essential RP/Social features like chat bubbles, sitting in chairs, etc. currently slated for?

Also, you've called the recent update "focused on guilds" (what a joke!) even though it had nothing really important that was promised for guilds in the guild summit well over a year ago, just a mechanic to reward big, "quantity over quality" guilds and kick the small "quality over quantity" guilds in the lower regions... Which game update is a proper guild update that will finally address most if not all issues and concerns guilds have had (just look at the log of the guild summit to see which ones those are) slated for?

Dude, it's getting to the point where you are spamming the forums. Yes we get it that you are really passionate about chat bubbles, and I think it's wonderful that you are championing the cause, but when you hijack every thread you post in to bring up the subject of chat bubbles then it really gets old.

I'm sure there were multiple posts like this regarding Makeb. Just wait to see, they should be free, but can they resist a money grab?

Yes. More easily, I'd venture, than the forum community can resist devolving into paranoid hysteria without even a trigger. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there were multiple posts like this regarding Makeb. Just wait to see, they should be free, but can they resist a money grab?

No, there weren't. None. That's the thing, there was never any actual dev response saying Makeb would be free other than an out of context interview where it was referred to as a content update. 2.3 is right around the corner with a release date, Makeb already had suggested price tag on it as far back as last May.

Edited by chuixupu

Your signature shines a bright light on your insistence flying in the face of Erics clear and unambiguous statement today in this thread, which I linked for you. No such clarity ever existed regarding Makeb.

But hey, it doesn't matter right... because you already quit. ;) So it's really just parting jabs by you at Bioware IMO.

Edited by Andryah