Leveling to 50 - it's way too fast

Trimsic

No way, leave my leveling speed alone.

I play like 1 hour a day, i don't want to have to grind for fricken weeks to get a few levels.

I love how it doesn't feel like i have to have no life to get ahead and level in this game.

Same I've never manage to have enough time to make it far or max level in an MMO, I want this one to be the first - i hope they don't change anything..when it comes to that

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play like 1 hour a day, i don't want to have to grind for fricken weeks to get a few levels.

I love how it doesn't feel like i have to have no life to get ahead and level in this game.

Absolutely agreed. I only have 2 hours a night with work and life interfering, i love the leveling as it is. If others have 5+ hours a day to play, that can't be the norm.

Level pacing is fine. There's too many people out there with nothing better to do than play for 20+ hours a day... That's the damn problem.

This is one the less logical statement I've ever seen. Really: what the hell the fact that someone plays 20+ hours a day will make that player to be ahead of content ?????????

Being ahead of content is to start Tatooine at level 30 instead of at level 24. Fighting against mobs that are 6 levels below yours is so funny....

So much this ^

I only get to play a couple hours a day if at all, and I like being able to level up without grinding the whole time.

I don't know where I read it but, I did see for a fact that there are just as many stories (missions) at cap as there is getting there.

So far it's not a grind, play is smooth, and casual peeps will be catching all of the hardcore peeps sooner than later.

And no one is playing a panda!

I understand your complaint and I also feel that I've been leveling a bit more quickly than I'd like to. However, it's probably better for the game's population that the leveling is the way it is now. Because if you can't get a group for a heroic or flashpoint or can't/don't feel like doing certain quest, it won't put you too far behind. The game doesn't force you to do absolutely everything and I'm sure there are a lot of people who appreciate that.

too fast? gb2/wow/STO and get to max level in a week.

Meh, I think WoW has a very nice leveling pace from my experience, especially after the last expansion. Back in 2007, it felt too slow.

I think TOR nailed a nice pace as well, as I always feel at least slightly rewarded, and not stuck in the mud.

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

The queues were an innovative way to combat this problem. So what you need to do is join a full server.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30.

Wait, what? You're not 50 yet? Then the leveling isn't too fast.

im amazed how ppl whine when someone compares swtor to current wow saying it has over 8 years .

But its comfortable for them they compare to wow in 2011 .

wow has fast leveling now .

But back then it took A LOT , people were hitting max lvl's in mass after 1 2 months slowest even 3 .

The record absolute fastest leveling but without using exploits everything calculated like path's and so on , without stoping at all or go afk for 1 minute , never going off the path and so on was 7 days of played . A hunters , but without the mininal distraction was the fastest mathematical way .... 7 days . everyone else took normally 1 2 3 months .

So swtor compared to vanila wow HAST aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lot by a huge margin faster lvling ......

I am concerned not as much about the leveling speed (although it does seem quick)

But more concerned about end game content and end game PvP. If there isnt enough content at lvl 50 than the game is in great jeopardy, other games who started out pretty good and didnt have the right amount of end game content and pvp content ended up losing huge numbers of players by the 2nd month of game play. Age of Conan comes to mind.

I've been playing 7-12 hours a day pretty much since last Tuesday. I have a level 10 Sith Warriors and a level 28 Sith Assassin

I do't die often. I work on crew skills, I run space missions, I warzone a little. I don't spend large amounts of time standing around looking for a group for flashpoints. As an assassin I also find myself skipping lots of mobs. I don't think leveling is too fast.

Also note there was a PvP bug the first few days that was granting exp when it shouldn't have, thats a big reason why you saw people level 50 after a few days, also most normal people don't play to the extent that those who are level 50 had to have played, even WITH the bug

Nothing wrong with the speed of leveling on its own; it's the speed of leveling against the speed of the story. Other games don't worry about this too much, but with swtor's focus on individual story, it's a concern. I don't want to abandon quest lines, because I'm invested in the story. I was planning on leaving Balmorra (already having leveled passed its content, and a level or two over the recommended start-level for Nar Shadaa), but when I get to the space port, the governor asks me to go do another quest line, which was really cool, but put me well over the needed level for Nar Shadaa. This isn't a horrible thing, it's just a bit odd. For the record, I've done, maybe 6 warzones, and each of my daily space missions since I got in a week ago.

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

The reasons for being always ahead of content in this game are:

- Quests are rewarding too much XP

- War zones are rewarding too much XP

- Space combats are rewarding too much XP

As a consequence, you can see people that have already reached level 50...

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

=> Biowave, please open up your eyes, and react before it's too late.

Even now unless you played 20 hours a day since the middle of early access you would just be hitting 50. I find the leveling actually quite slow. Maybe it isnt for people who play 10+ hours a day but for somebody who logs 3-5 and isnt grinding the entire time I average about 2 levels a day, 3 if I am on a hardcore role. I doubt ill hit 50 by the end of January and still play hours everyday.

Who cares if they hit 50, they have no life and they are pushing their retinas to the max and will probably suffer eye dryness and secretarial spread...is there angels and heavenly light when you bum rush to 50??? I dont think so. The point of this game is to enjoy the content not rush to get it over with...just like when you have a gf and...well that would be innapropriate to say.

People also are using the spacebar to skip through the dialogue. This game is heavily based on the story, and people are skipping it, trying to powerlevel to 50. Those will be the ones who leave in a month and get rid of the server queues so the ones that took their time can play in peace :D

Correct me if im wrong but part of the point of SWTOR was that when you reach 50 you try another other the unique story arcs, the idea is they want you to try playing with a different perspective, different experiences etc.

Hence the legacy system, yeah

The leveling is fine. I've played a lot and I'm only level 21. Sure, I outleveled Taris and I'm skipping it (except for the story missions), but that's only because I did every quest on Coruscant / Flash Points / Space Combat / and PvP.

I am playing an Imp Agent and a Jedi Consular at the moment. Both stories are totally unique. The only planet that these classes have both been to so far is Nar Shadaa(all the others have been different). Even the content on that one planet is totally unique to both of them thus far. The flashpoints are unique to faction as well. So are the Heroic missions. This game isn't built for having a single class. You are meant to roll multiple characters. And it's a game. Play it til you are done with it and then play another. Edited by IasonEvan

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

The reasons for being always ahead of content in this game are:

- Quests are rewarding too much XP

- War zones are rewarding too much XP

- Space combats are rewarding too much XP

As a consequence, you can see people that have already reached level 50...

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

=> Biowave, please open up your eyes, and react before it's too late.

New flash! This is not an Asian grinder game. Story is the focus and leveling is fine. There will always be folks that rush to max level. XP is fine, devs have bigger fish to fry.

/thread

I am willing to bet that a lot of the 50's and other high levels right now are up there because they SKIP the cinematics and story. If you actually watch everyting (as I do) it takes much more time. (And, in my opinion, makes the game more enjoyable.)

New flash! This is not an Asian grinder game. Story is the focus and leveling is fine. There will always be folks that rush to max level. XP is fine, devs have bigger fish to fry.

/thread

No, its not and your point is completely irrelevant. Casuals who rush less are going to run into this issue way more than players who rush due to rested xp. You don't even need to do heroics, flashpoints, warzones, and space missions and you outlevel the content you are supposed to be doing. That is broken.

Nothing wrong with the speed of leveling on its own; it's the speed of leveling against the speed of the story. Other games don't worry about this too much, but with swtor's focus on individual story, it's a concern. I don't want to abandon quest lines, because I'm invested in the story. I was planning on leaving Balmorra (already having leveled passed its content, and a level or two over the recommended start-level for Nar Shadaa), but when I get to the space port, the governor asks me to go do another quest line, which was really cool, but put me well over the needed level for Nar Shadaa. This isn't a horrible thing, it's just a bit odd. For the record, I've done, maybe 6 warzones, and each of my daily space missions since I got in a week ago.

THIS. Why don't people get this? The game is much less fun if you are massively ahead of the content the story takes you through. I'd rather have to grind out a half a level or be forced to do warzones once a day than be outleveling whole planets.