Leveling to 50 - it's way too fast

Trimsic

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this recently and came up with what I'd do if I was in charge. :rak_03:

First of all, all of the quests in a zone will give only 80% of the XP to level past it. Players have to make up the difference from grinding mobs, space missions, or PvP. There is no XP bonus for resting until one character is max level. After that I might consider having a means to give XP boosts to alts (as a gold sink - and as a percentage of server wealth), but I'd make it optional so those who enjoy doing the story and quests at level still have the option.

OP, If Bioware reduced XP gain no one would bloody play this game!

When you're working you barely have that much time to play to level as it is, and the grind you have to do through all the quests is unbearable. You have to go through the SAME quests with the SAME planets through to 50! If they reduce XP gain, nobody is going to play this game!

Who would want to do the same things over and over and forced to do it even longer because the XP gain was reduced?

OP get a job.

The problem is more about end game. since reaching '50' does not mean its over. Its meant to be another beginning.

However in 1.2 with better ops, FP in HM, 4 warzones and recruit gear, there is quite a bit to do for a fresh lvl 50. Earning some money by doing dailies, and possibly getting the daily rewards, and then starting either FP for raids, or WZ for pvp.

Maybe even for them 1.2 is not enough end game.

I have been here pre 1.2, and so the ops/FP, and warzones are getting tiring with a lack of other content. For me its not the fact that lvl1-50 is decently quick, but other important factors like the world itself being immersive, there is a lot of crafting and exploring from crafting, huge populations on servers, a world that feels like an MMO with pazaak, swoop racing bringing people together from other than questing content, exploration, 3d Space, open world pvp, and actual player housing. If they had most of these in the game, then playing alts would be a lot better because even with 1-50 being quick it feels like too much playing on the 3rd character.

The swtor world does not feel like it offers enough rewards to demand such a commitment from me to lvl alts, or to go through huge grinds to get WH gear, or like in other MMOs if they had put it in this game with other items.

So while the quick grind is a nice balance to the game to make it better to have a nice pace, it quickly feels like it ends after one character playing through 1.2 content of ops or WZ and that is because of the world itself and other important content is lacking.

However, not everyone cares about these things, but I certainly do, and I am fairly certain a big problem is 1st, populations on servers, and 2ndly its the actual lack of content to create that MMO feel that makes people enjoy playing for hours - for example making ops gear into a long grind maybe could have been a good decision rather than having it too quick with the lack of content since once the content was finished the world was done with but also have other content to justify that long grind.

Edited by VegaPhone

After getting a couple of 50s, xp is too slow. Too much of the xp process comes from quests, which eat up too much time to load up dialogue, run to location, kill, run back, and run up dialogue again. Perhaps is the quests actually deviated for different professions it wouldnt be so bad, but as they are the same for all 8 ACs on a side, the replay value is awful and the amount of time they eat up is crazy. Please up the xp per mob/wz/space mission.