Leveling to 50 - it's way too fast

Trimsic

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 hours thus far and only lvl 25 ... I am over powered for the quests on Nar Shadda, but I am one that prefers to do every single last quest there is (gawds Taris took FOREVER). I'd rather be slightly overpowered on the quests than hit max level too quickly though. I'll be disappointed if I'm lvl 50 after a month ... though given how much a play, that's a distinct possibility.

No way, leave my leveling speed alone.

I play like 1 hour a day, i don't want to have to grind for fricken weeks to get a few levels.

I love how it doesn't feel like i have to have no life to get ahead and level in this game.

Exactly. I have school, and a job, a girlfriend, (etc.) I don't have 8 hours a day to put into this game. Just because you do nothing all day and rack up the experience doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer because you don't feel fulfilled. Thanks.

Unlike other games like Wow for instance the storyline in SWTOR is very strong for each class so by design Bioware is looking for players to make Alts to explore them. This leaves the game in a different position to the likes of WoW where you might make an alt but pretty much all the content is always going to be the same so you may as well only ever play the game though once, which extends the games life expectancy quite a lot

Also a game does not end just because you get to 50 although I do like the leveling prossess myself and in other games do like it to be a bit slower the big issue is will their be enough to do at level 50? Would it matter if you got to level 50 in a day if you could spend the next five years exploring the game (not that I would expect that level of content in a mmo launch) ?

No way, leave my leveling speed alone.

I play like 1 hour a day, i don't want to have to grind for fricken weeks to get a few levels.

I love how it doesn't feel like i have to have no life to get ahead and level in this game.

This.

Leveling was quick till 22-23 and how slowed down dramatically for me now that Im at 27. Do not slow down the leveling or give less XP for quests.

F that.

Just today I leveled from lvl 5 to lvl 11 on my agent, took around 5 hours. Did every quest, every heroic. The leveling is only going to slow down the more powerful I get.

If you do nothing but warzones, and space bar your way thru everything of course you're going to level fast.

I play 2-3 hours a day, and have since last Friday and I'm halfway through level 17...I think it's slow enough as is for the vast majority of the player base.

Same here. Two hours in the evening is a LOT for me to play. During that time I can't do nearly as much as the OP outlined.

*** Please don't tune the game for folks that play 10+ hours / day ***

Thanks in advance :D

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

The reasons for being always ahead of content in this game are:

- Quests are rewarding too much XP

- War zones are rewarding too much XP

- Space combats are rewarding too much XP

As a consequence, you can see people that have already reached level 50...

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

=> Biowave, please open up your eyes, and react before it's too late.

your problem is that you are not the normal player - most players don't do *everything* and the flow is more appropriate to the average player - YOU are the exception not the rule here so why should they cater to your play style ?

I can see the same issue as in the Beta version of the game: leveling to 50 is way too fast.

For instance, when I started Tatooine yesterday I was almost level 30. Tatooine is supposed to be done by players whose level is 24-28, and indeed the quests and the mobs on this planet are of that level.

My play style is rather very common: I explore the content of the game: all quests, 1 or 2 space combats per day, flash points done once, 1 or 2 war zones a day, etc... And I'm not bashing at all, as I hate that.

Now, imagine I'm a Bioware developer who spent 5 years on that project, and I can see people being level 50 in 3 days. When you know all the content that is available in this game between level 1 and 50, this is just an awful situation.

If I were a Bioware project leader, I would know two important things: 1) there are plenty of bugs left in this game, and 2) the content is not yet finished / polished. I agree that there are no show-stoppers, but there are still a lot of severe and medium issues that are painful for the general gameplay. It takes time to fix these long list of issues, and therefore having the possibility to reach the level 50 so quickly does not give the developers the opportunity to fix them all on time.

Therefore, as many games before SWTOR that failed for the exact same reasons, I'm starting to doubt about the future of this game.

TL;DR. Bioware, please ignore this chap. Leveling curve is perfectly fine where it is.

Give me a freaking break will you... casually playing this game you aren't going to hit level 50 in 1 week. Moreover, not everyone plays the same way you're playing so their progress may or may not be faster than yours. So please, just because you're moving through YOUR content faster than someone else, doesn't mean it's EASY, too MUCH of something or any other QQ complaint you may have.

The game is fine just the way it is and if you choose to blast through the content - that is YOUR choice.

I play 2-3 hours a day, and have since last Friday and I'm halfway through level 17...I think it's slow enough as is for the vast majority of the player base.

This exactly, I agree.

I am also half way through level 17, playing just a few hours a day like normal working adults with families do.

If kids are playing all day and night and having no life outside the game then I say let them suffer. They should have other hobbies and time for study as well.

The leveling times are WAY WAY too fast. I took 2 days off work, was a day 1 early access.. I'm lvl 40, no I don't skip scenes, no I don't use the pvp exploit. Level 40 in 2 days played time, havn't played on the weekend (was out of town). They need to slow down the leveling process drastically unless they already have the next several patches already voice acted and waiting implementaion.

Those of you who aren't 30-40 yet clearly don't know how to quest or are literally playing less than 2 hours a day and have no idea what the leveling pace is really like since you play so little.

The next day I have off I will be 50. I think people that are 50 are averaging about 3 days played time. .

The leveling times are WAY WAY too fast. I took 2 days off work, was a day 1 early access.. I'm lvl 40, no I don't skip scenes, no I don't use the pvp exploit. Level 40 in 2 days played time, havn't played on the weekend (was out of town). They need to slow down the leveling process drastically unless they already have the next several patches already voice acted and waiting implementaion.

Those of you who aren't 30-40 yet clearly don't know how to quest or are literally playing less than 2 hours a day and have no idea what the leveling pace is really like since you play so little.

The next day I have off I will be 50. I think people that are 50 are averaging about 3 days played time. .

Don't know how to quest? What? That is literally the dumbest statement I have ever read on this forum. You are, quite literally, asking that now that you have reached the lofty heights of the 40s, Bioware slow down everyone else's progression. Guess what? Bioware isn't that blind, they won't take your word for it, so stop trying.

The leveling curve is perfect where it is BW, ignore this guy.

This exactly, I agree.

I am also half way through level 17, playing just a few hours a day like normal working adults with families do.

If kids are playing all day and night and having no life outside the game then I say let them suffer. They should have other hobbies and time for study as well.

Those kids pay the same amount as you do. Their hobbies are video games. They play to have fun, relax, compete.. Just like evey other hobby there is. Just because you are not able to play as much as you seemingly would like to does not mean they should suffer because of it.

Yeah the leveling is crazy fast. It was the same in beta. It's sort of a joke. Rift x 100.

And for those that say you can try another toon, I'll pass.

I'm playing TOR for one class and for one class only.

Nothing in the quoted post is at all true, or based in reality. Stop trying to ruin other people's game please.

Don't know how to quest? What? That is literally the dumbest statement I have ever read on this forum. You are, quite literally, asking that now that you have reached the lofty heights of the 40s, Bioware slow down everyone else's progression. Guess what? Bioware isn't that blind, they won't take your word for it, so stop trying.

The leveling curve is perfect where it is BW, ignore this guy.

hahahahaha dont know how to quest?!?!?! hahahahahah holy crap that made me laugh

what is wrong with people?

Those kids pay the same amount as you do. Their hobbies are video games. They play to have fun, relax, compete.. Just like evey other hobby there is. Just because you are not able to play as much as you seemingly would like to does not mean they should suffer because of it.

They aren't suffering at all. YOU on the other hand are asking BW to make their game MORE grindy to satisfy 1% of the player base. Sorry, but not only is it s stupid idea, financially, but it will never, ever occur, based on financial motivation and based on historical precedent. NO MMO in existence has ever gotten HARDER to level. Ever.