The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

It took 9 players to complete the flashpoint, but never at any stage did anyone die or even come close to it. Aside from constantly finding replacements, it was a smooth run.

So if a PUG ends with a completely different set of players that it started with, is it the same PUG? It would be like Trigger's broom. In 20 years 17 new heads and 14 new handles. Same broom?

I wonder if that scenario has ever happened in SWTOR?

I had a semi amusing run of TfB GF after the 16m GF change ;

Was formed on fleet, I whisper the guy saying I can tank. Get in and the first question I see;

"Hitl you gonna be okay for this?", my Jugg's name beginning with Hito of course and I responded with the "it's GF right? So I will get bolstered up with 160something".

The run itself was... Mundane, had an Ops Leader that ether;

A. Did not know the Ops at all.

B. Ran it so long ago he legitimately forgot.

So I explained the mechanics post Writhing. Turns out at least two ppl were completely new to the Op.

The biggest kick I got though was in Kephess;

My cotank is from a half way decent PvE guild on my server, and is in 180s Token for the most part. So I expect a certain lvl from him, and he clearly knows I am capable (rocking a Corruptor Blade on my Jugg). On Keph he like completely derps, hard. He aggro a Keph, I leap in and by the backhand in my opening I am tanking. He taunts back, eats lightning and gets the "ignored" debuff... Never. Cleansed. It... At all. He kept taunting the boss when I got it and I told him in chat to cleanse in a circle but he did not. So I basically solo tanked Keph the entire time, thank god for intercede lol. I think I used that on CD to get around the Keph room.

On a side note;

A not so frustrating Semi-PuG. We were doing NiM TfB for title at first but Op 9 gave us to much trouble combined with a few mistakes on Guards, so title was off the table. But Keph... We had an amusing moment;

Two PT tanks running around outside for the burn phase, two Sin Dps alive still alongside a Merc healer. We lost the other Sin Dps to a circle, leaving the two tanks, myself as Sin Dps and the Merc healer. The raid leader was considering calling it a wipe as Keph has like 300k left on him but amusingly two of the Dps said "Natsu's got this". Sadly I did not have this and we wiped with Keph at 50k or so :(

But it was good for a laugh for sure

Just wanted to add what a pleasure playing in a semi-pug was last night - I wanted some social points and joined the only other guildmate online at the time. A sorc asked politely if he could join us to run through SM Athiss. And my mate and I (on voice com) says ok, why not.

It goes smooth as silk. Such a pleasure. I think it was this stranger's first time, but he bubbled and healed and CC'd and did DPs'd and did a great job - even when the balls of fire chased him all over on more than one occasion.

Feeling great, I swapped to do some solo PvP - and as a tank found an angel of mercy (merc healer) keeping me alive throughout. - scored loads of medals and Valor and finally topped 40. I had to say thanks after and got into a nice chat for 10 mins or so after the WZ.

So it ain't all idiots, ninjas and trash-talkers out there. - There are some friendly, decent, competent people too!

I too would like to announce that my 'weird' PUG last night was 'weird' because it went so darn well!

I queued up on my marauder for giggles while I was playing Hypercrate Lottery. (I won twice: got a dragon statue AND the queue popped before I finished sifting one crate!)

Other than my tank's odd (solely in my preference) pathing for pulls, it was a breezey Cademinu run. Which, frankly, if my GF pops (across faction and roles) is any indication; Cad is the only functioning instance at present. RNG may be RNG but at some point it becomes 'lever is stuck on one option.'

Edited by thewitchdoctor

Today was seriously nothing but bad pugs for me.

First was my Merc. Was doing Core Meltdown tactical. Everything seemed like it was going to go smoothly. Everyone seemed well geared, except myself only being 55 like a week on this character. We had a powertech, sorc, and a sniper. We get to the sandstorm boss no problem. Well, the boss didn't work so well. The powertech pulled aggro the first time and kept it. Well, first sandstorm he just stands in the center. I finally pull aggro off to lead him to the generator. Well, the PT follows and taunts back. The issue, was he wasn't close enough to the generator. So the smash does nothing basically. Unfortunately, we actually wiped. We give it a second go and things go better. I was stuck trying to hold aggro to actually drag the boss to the generators as the other(much better geared) people were unable to maintain aggro. Rest of the FP goes rather smoothly. Second boss took longer because the PT who had aggro never brought him to the spores after the first one wore off and getting knocked near the door

Second was on my Guardian. Queued up as a tank, got Athiss HM. Group is myself, scoundrel, vanguard, and a shadow. I guard the shadow as he is in full 180's/186 and will likely pull aggro regardless. The healer starts whining that she needs it more. So, I took the time to explain the mechanics(which I'm sick of typing now) She seems to understand so we move on. I ask if we're doing bonus. Both DPS don't mind, healer says nothing. So, I say we'll just do it normal as I want a quicker run. Well, as the instance progresses, I notice is constantly chain pulling everything. After the pulls after the first boss, I ask what she's doing. Now she says she wants the bonus. I politely told her that she could have spoken up when I asked and I would have gladly pulled the extras for the objectives. All she says is "okay" Well, she did it again. After that, I told her "your pulls, you tank" Next pull, I waited until she died to even join in. This was followed by some very unsavory comments which makes me grateful my filter was on.

Anyway, second boss was a wipeless disaster. The healer was more focused on dps'ing the boss than healing. Neither DPS were killing adds. And I simply couldn't kill them fast enough. Luckily, I had good timing on my DCD's and the healer used enough sporadic heals that we didn't wipe. In the tomb, the healer proceeds to attempt to stealth her way through the champions which myself and the shadow told her not to. Well, she does anyways which immediately aggros everything in the rooms. So, each room was at least 2 champions active at once. Sometimes 3. Once we even had 4 because of a patrol. Well, we kill the bonus boss with no issues. I waited to see who needed on the deco before deciding. Only the healer does, so I needed it out of spite. Well, I win it and she throws a tantrum. And because I feeling a bit vindictive, I used it right then. :rak_03:

Well, she finally says she's not healing me through the last boss. I even told her I didn't care. Last boss hits like a marshmallow anyway, aside from the DoT. Well, we get through the boss with no problems, save the vanguard lagging on the flames and dying. Deco drops again. I pass it up as I made my point earlier. This time, the shadow needs it and wins, uses it. He proceeds to whisper me, "Damn, that felt good being a bit vindictive" TL;DR I ended up with a new item for my GSH, a healer on my ignore, a couple new additions to my friends, and I'm no longer pugging tank unless I absolutely need a fast pop.

Afew issues in afew runs

HM czerka labs with my sorc healer (30k), theres sin tank (39k), jugg dps (31k) and sorc dps (28k). The 2 dps take a while zoning in, the tank gets bored so gets started, he puts guard on me, I don't complain as at this point I am the other other person in the instance.

The patrolling strong droid, no issues. The pull after, just me healing and the sin tank...I pull off the sin through his guard (not just the 4 of 5 enemies in the pull he never hit, but the 1 he was tunnel-visioning too). Now the fact that I managed to pull aggro off a tunnel-visioning sin in dark charge through a guard with only heals should have sent the warning lights flashing. However I decide its only the second pull and things can only get better.

The dps get in, but the guard stays on me as the healer. The tanks aggro holding stays at the standard shown in the first 2 pulls, it was the gear levels that got us through.

HM cad with my jugg tank (31k), op healer (26k) op dps (29k), jugg dps (36k). I zone in to find that someone has already started the first pull and see the healer running away from the fight at 5% hp. I jump in, steal all the aggro, finish the fight. Guard goes on the jugg dps.

The healer asks for guard, I tell him it will stay on the dps. The healer then proceeds to troll me by running ahead and trying to pull before me with OS on every fight. As such I am forced to leap into the fight with no planning as I am now on a timer (I have until the OS first tick to hit every enemy in the pull). I give up doing so at one pull to prove my point, the healer dies. The healer has a go at how aweful I am at tanking. The op dps suggests to the healer that pulling before the tank is not a good idea if your scared of aggro. I also notice the dps is rather low, I don't know why though

I fix the shortcut and I have always disliked the pull at the end of the shortcut so I type "los" in chat. I then sabre throw and move to break los. Both dps and the healer charge forward. The dps drop like sacks of spuds, the healer is now being shot and his hp is plummeting, I therefore get out of my los area and work on the aggro. At which point the healer stealths out and runs away, not healing me. The fight ends with me and both dps dead and the healer in stealth. As I return to medcentre I see the healer in chat "los?" followed by jugg dps "no idea". I explain the concept of los pulls to a group of 55's, then we carry on.

Get to the first boss I ask if people know tacts. Both ops say yes, jugg remains quiet. Get started, jugg gets droid after him and he clearly doesn't know it...he gets frozen. I then get the droid, get him trapped in the red lasers and the 3 of us get to work. The cell runs out, the op dps drags the droid to the second cell, we down it. The 3 of us then get to work on the boss. At this point the jugg's freeze runs out. What we have here is a jugg dps stood at range, an op healer healing (sort-of, he was rather bad at it) and an op dps stood in melee fighting the boss. The jugg dps decides he will get into melee quickly by:

1. Force charge the boss?
  2. Intercede the op dps?
  3. Intercede the tank?

Option number 3 please! He intercedes me, dropping my aggro and the healer starts getting shot, I taunt back. We finish the fight.

At this point I am annoyed. I ask people to please listen to the tanks instructions in pulls (los for example), not pull before the tank (especially when you are a healer) and don't use abilities that drop aggro on a tank (intercede, for example).

The healer says he doesn't want to put up with a moaning tank so drops group. we queue for replacement and get 1 before the op dps gets back from being afk, not too much hassle then. This new sorc healer (27k) is incredible. We fight our way to the wookie boss. On the way I see why the dps is so low. I see the jugg dps using crushing blow (great, hes a tank spec who has queued as dps then just switched to sii-cho). Well this means his dps output and therefore aggro will be pathetic, so I move guard to the op dps, just a shame it took me this long to see it.

Everything runs smoothly (the healer maintains everybody at 100% on wookie boss) until the bonus boss. I start the fight, the healer stands in that spot that stops him being dragged in. This means that whenever the boss does his aoe I can just intercede the healer to get out fast. The op dps also does his double roll thing to get out. Now its just the jugg dps left...4 options:

1. Walk out of the aoe
  2. Intercede the healer
  3. Intercede the op dps
  4. Intercede the tank

To him option number 4 seems best. This means I now have to taunt after every one of the boss aoe's as the jugg dps has just shattered my aggro. Its not much hassle taunting, however it is annoying that a jugg who is specced tank doesn't understand aggro at all. I therefore ask him again not to use intercede on the tank, does he pay any attention? NO.

Get to the final boss, I ask if everyone knows it, healer and op dps say yes, no answer from the jugg. I pull and get the boss to a safe corner. The op stands in melee but keeps his distance from me, the healer stands nice and far away and the jugg.....he stands on top of me. I move away due to the whole shackle thing. He follows me and continues to stand close to me for the entire fight. When it comes to moving around to the next safe area based upon rocket engines. I run to the safe spot, the healer force speeds there, the op dps double rolls there. The jugg dps stands still until the 3 of us are in the safe area, at which point....

1. Force charge the boss?
  2. Intercede the healer?
  3. Intercede the op dps?
  4. Intercede the tank (which he has now been told twice is not a good thing to do)?

Why break the habit of a lifetime? Option 4. Still he gets it wrong at some point and dies. Good *********** riddance, theres no aggro issues or needs for taunts after he dies.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Queue up on my Commando, get an insta-pop for HM Czerka Corporate Labs in progress. SO IT BEGINS.

I spec to Assault and put on my second-best DPS set for the lulz, since I see we have a decently-geared group. I'm sitting pretty at 35k HP, the Commando healer has 34k, the Vanguard tank has 38k, and the Sharpshooter Gunslinger has 35k. They're at the first boss. I figure the first DPS probably dropped due to disconnect or from standing in stupid and ragequitting, and that the group is fundamentally sound.

LOL NOPE. The tank is the kind of Vanguard tank who uses Full Auto rotationally. He's all right otherwise, holding aggro fairly well, but he clearly hasn't read any guides. Also, his health is dropping pretty fast. The healer's spamming a lot of green beams and using his casted heals, but he's not using Trauma Probe at all and only using Kolto Bomb occasionally. The 'Slinger and I aren't getting much by way of heals when the adds shoot us either. I end up off-healing pretty extensively during add-less Charged Plating phases.

Then the healer dies due to getting yanked into the water (he never used Hold The Line to try and prevent that), I toss some heals on the tank, rez the healer, and then pop my ammo regen cooldowns because this intensive off-healing as Assault has wrecked my ammo management. A few Charged Plating phases later the healer dies to the water AGAIN, I swap to Combat Support Cell, and go full-on healmode for the better part of a minute while the healer medcenters and runs back. Amazingly enough we kill the boss without any more deaths and without an enrage. I tell the healer to try and keep Trauma Probe on friendlies because it rocks my socks. He complies.

We get to the Security Chief and right off the bat the healer can't even keep up with the damage from the random grenades. With a lot of off-healing again we make it until the last phase and then the healer dies to stupid, I'm too slow getting out of a circle also, and it's pretty much GG with the boss still at 20%. I offer to swap to heals. The healer is only too happy for me to do that. He says he has field respec, so I tell him to swap to whatever DPS spec he likes best and make sure to swap cells. He stays in CSC, whatever.

Long story short, my set bonus and familiarity with the spec allow me to pretty much faceroll heal most of the fight...and then in the last phase things get interesting. Both DPS are slow getting out of circles and go from ~80% to 0 in one hit. Before I have an opportunity to toss a rez, both medcenter and are now locked out of the boss's room. Because I'm the only non-tank left, all the red circles of torture are directed at my feet, and to make matters worse there are adds on my buttcape and the tank doesn't seem to know how to AoE taunt.

So I'm running around in circles, spam-healing myself and the tank, rarely stopping to cast, and using Concussion Charge and the slow from Kolto Bomb to try and keep the adds off me. Eventually the tank and I manage to down the adds (he did use some AoEs to grab one or two as I ran past), we kill the boss, and we continue on.

No deaths on Rasmus, because he's pretty easy and the DPS knew not to let all the adds out at once in HM. I noticed the other Commando healing people with Concussion Charge, so he was clearly still heal-specced. No wonder DPS was so low! The 'Slinger was good though.

I mean, the healer admitted he was new to healing at 55, but I just don't understand how he got to where he was without knowing his class. Must be one of those 12x XP newbs...

Edited by venomlash

Two days ago In GF HM Czerka Core Meltdown, Assassin tank says in chat "I have Sorc-X (not their real name) as my focus target and only ever see them channeling Force Lightning (FL). We will never beat the rage timers with low DPS like that."

Now, Sorc-X is spec'd into Madness; I was on a sorc spec'd into Corruption but who respecs to Madness a lot. As people who have played a Madness Sorc know, you can do a very nice rotation with FL as the only channeled cast, because FL reliably procs Wrath, and 3 stacks of Wrath makes Crushing Darkness (CD) and Lightning Strike (LS) instant. So Sorc-X was doing a rotation of FL - CD - Affliction - Death Field - Creeping Terror - FL - LS, approximately, and parsing over 3000 DPS (she checked the last single-mob fight after the tank complained). But the instant abilities, that is, everything but FL, weren't going to show up on Sorc-X's castbar, and the tank was too ignorant to look at the dots on the target. The other DPS was a Merc, and while I am not an expert on Mercs, I don't think they put Death Marks on targets like Madness Sorcs do.

Sorc-X and I both tried to politely explain all this to the tank, who promptly quit the group. "Don't try and defend your friend," the tank whispers me. LOL.

Anyway, we put the arrogant idiot tank on our ignore lists, cleared trash, waited a minute or two more, thought about switching to one of our tank alts, got a new tank just about then, and cleared the rest of the FP fast and easy just as you might expect. The new tank did a great job.

LOL hilarious. We weren't even angry about it, just flabbergasted

My guild was running one of our weekly SM raids early this week and we were 1 healer short for a 16m group. We had already decided to use the GF for the extra 30 comms and figured we would let GF find a pug healer for us.

GF gave us a Jugg dps wearing full tank gear that only had 21k health with bolster. We laughed it off and continued anyways because the healers we did have were grossly over-geared for SM, as they were from the guild's HM progression team.

This Jugg was taunting like crazy, but we solved that problem quickly with a little communication. And by a little communication I mean we spammed chat a dozen times and then finally got a response when the Ops Leader used an Ops Announcement for the third time. After that, we didn't have any problems with the Jugg beyond his low gear level.

This poor Jugg died over and over all night long. He just did not know how to avoid the avoidable damage, even on trash pulls, and died inside very red or blue circle that appeared. We managed to finish every fight though without any problems, we just had to rez the poor Jugg after every boss fight and every other trash pull. There were some jokes made in Mumble, but we didn't feel any need to say anything discouraging or rude to the guy because he was obviously struggling with the mechanics. A few people even tried to help him when time permitted.

After the run was over and the Jugg earned his achievement, he asked in chat, "What now?" and a few people replied that we were finished and he could exit the instance. And just as I was exiting, I saw one of my guildies post a message in chat that read, "Try not to die too much on your way out."

Just had a DF 8SM "run" on my freshly-respecced operative healer ... at just about 25k HP in full 156 gear (with THORN relics), I'm the worst-geared person in the group. Everyone zones in, the group leader (sorc DPS) asks a few questions about whether 16m has fewer mobs or is easier. It's clear she's never done this before. We kill Nefra with only one awkward moment where the offtank (who is also new) tries go tank one of the self-destructing droids instead of sharing the cleave attack with his partner. Same offtank, a jugg, also seems to be hitting his defensive cooldowns on cooldown instead of when it makes sense Well, I don't have to heal him all that much, at least.

After a rather derpy moment on the puzzle we get to Draxus. Tactics are explained, though not very well and in broken English. We reiterate the importance of interrupting Corruptors and say where they'll spawn. Let's just say only one DPS even bothers going south on the first two attempts, forcing me (as a healer) to go there, stop healing the now-out-of-range raid, and interrupt the other corruptor. First time I don't get there in time, second time we manage to avert Mass Affliction in the south (two DPS firing and interrupting on the same corruptor while the healer is occupied with the other, lol) ... only to have it happen in the west. After the first wipe, the maintank leaves, one jugg puts on Karagga's helmet and his tank gear and respecs. We get a Vengeance jugg replacement, another first timer. Throughout the second and third run, he will be tunnel-visioning on the righthand-side Bulwark.

Before the first run, we reiterate where everyone goes. One Mass Affliction goes off (somewhere), but I barely even have to heal as my lovely co-healer's Kolto Shells seem to just soak everything up. DPS, however, is abysmal (maybe because the replacement jugg is still hammering on Bulwarks?) and we enrage at 38%. (As an aside, Enraged Missile Salvo or what's it called is a pretty cool attack.) The group falls apart, but not before the replacement maintank chews out the poor Sorc DPS who formed the group for not knowing the op. Granted, it's maybe not the best idea to make your own ops group if you're new, but ultimately who forms the group doesn't matter. In barely any op I've been have the tactics been explained by the actual group leader, because it simply doesn't matter. He also told her to run 16SM, which I advised her again because it'll keep her from actually improving and learning the mechanics compared to the much more intimate 8-man.

I feel abit nooby right now and I would like advice from people....

When was the update that buffed ops/scoundrels to be able to tank? I assume it was recently as its only been going on the past 2-3 weeks.

I also ought to say the buff hasn't gone far enough. All those ops/scoundrels who keep trying to tank are failing miserably.

Still its their repair bill.

I feel abit nooby right now and I would like advice from people....

When was the update that buffed ops/scoundrels to be able to tank? I assume it was recently as its only been going on the past 2-3 weeks.

I also ought to say the buff hasn't gone far enough. All those ops/scoundrels who keep trying to tank are failing miserably.

Still its their repair bill.

I actually don't know.

But I'd guess some of the holy two-bladed gods have tried an inferior class and had to find out that without the power of two sabers they aren't that godly anymore.

Ran a HM Athiss last night with two guildies in which we were the weird ones, on purpose. After a bit of a laugh in TS at Voz's (our tank) idea to tank a HM 55 in joke gear (he ended up with just over 16k health) we actually set out to do it, with our healer being a 30k Obroan Operative and me on my 31k deception sin. Queue gives us a 36k sniper as second dps. The run goes extremely smoothly other than the fact that Voz is having to pop at least one cooldown on almost every semi-heavy trash pull, but we only wipe one time when he disconnects halfway through the last boss thanks to SWTOR crashing.

Had a weird run of KDY on my newly created Juggernaut, Tank again, since the other one I moved to DPS. :rolleyes:

Still, we enter the FP and see the cutscene at start, no problem. Group is me, Jug Tank at lvl 24, another Jug tank at 19, and two Assassins in Dark Charge, one at 26 and the second one at 32. We proceed with the first area. After the first two pulls, one guy, the lvl 26 Assassin in Dark Charge, simply goes out. :confused:

He refuses to enter again, so we kick him and get a replacement, a Sniper with a twitchy trigger finger, lvl 26 aswell. :rolleyes:

From there on, it's a race between the two Tanks and hte Sniper to pull. The Assassin doesn't rest outside of battle, doesn't stealth and doesn't say anything. He dies about 20-25 times throughout the FP, poor him... :o

Still, it's not a big trouble, we Jug Tanks share aggro greatly, Taunting off each other if one of the two gets too low on health. We only die due to the Assassin chainpulling like a madman, 4-5 groups at once. And dying as soon as he gets hit... :eek:

At any rate, we carry on. I consider that an extreme training at such a low level, and I manage to keep aggro with no trouble 90% of the time, only losing it when the other Jug Tank taunts off me.

Final boss, the one who throws grenades. The others have no idea what to do, so I proceed ot explain. As I finish and ask if they understood, the Assassin pulls. We manage to survive, barely, with me DPSing the adds down while the boss is focusing me aswell. The other Jug Tank is kind enough to manage medstations for me, when he realized he can't keep aggro off me even tunnelvisioning hte boss.

Still, the Assassin dies at least 4-5 times there, thanks to the continous ignoring of grenades. This is where I notice he gets Duplicity procs, which means he's speeced in Deception, so middle tree, the one that relies on Stealth. :rolleyes:

We tryed to give him some pointers afterwards, like stealth before fight, use the right stance - also calling it with the proper name, Surging Charge - and rest before pulling, if you're not at full health. No response throughout the FP, nor at the end. To leave the FP, he leaves group and waits to be kicked out by the countdown. This is after we explain how to get out.

I shiver thinking how the game must appear hard to that guy. He died between 20 and 25 times throughout hte FP, as I said, and I bet repair bills are hell for him. Also, he doesn't use his spec, so 90% of the times his attack is the free one.

I don't know what to do, now. I didn't ignore the guy, hoping to see him play properly, one day... Hopefully. :D

But I definitely will if I see that playstyle again. I don't mind new players, but more than explaining and giving pointers, I can't do And that playstyle is bad for me too, if we're in a team. :o

Not technically a group finder story, but it was an interesting pug that happened quite a while back. I queued my sage healer for Mandalorian Raiders and it wasn't popping, so I asked in gen if anyone else was queuing. A DPS wanted to join up, so I left group finder and joined his group. We sat in GF for quite a bit longer, asking in gen every so often with no response. Finally get another DPS saying he'll do it but he can't queue because he's overleveled. I'm tired of waiting at this point and I want to try the flashpoint (I'd never done it before), so I said sure.

We zone in and after a brief chat decide that my Qyzen is the best geared tank comp we've got, so I pull him out. The flashpoint went pretty well for the most part. I turn off auto-taunts on my tank comps because I've had multiple times where I desperately needed something taunted and Qyzen/Khem/Kaliyo had just taunted something unnecessary two seconds ago and now it's on cd. :mad: Maybe that's a bad policy, I dunno, but I like having more control. Anyway, because of this, I kept having to pause my heals every so often to target and order Qyzen to taunt something before going back to whoever needed healing. A bit nerve-racking, but we did pretty well.

All until we hit the boarding party. I had never done this flashpoint before (and, if memory serves, neither had they), so we stopped and looked at the buffs on each boss. They told me to sic Qyzen on one (can't remember which, haven't run it again since this incident :p), so I made him pull and off we went.

Qyzen kept aggro on his boss, so we pretty much ignored that guy while the two DPS focused on the other three and I tried to keep everyone alive. The one guy that doesn't taunt kept jumping to me and interrupting my heals (which are almost all cast/channeled at this level). The DPS burn down one of the other bosses and no-taunt keeps leaping to me. Their health is dropping too low because all my heals keep getting interrupted, so I spam benevolence to keep them alive and promptly run out of Force. Queue wipe.

In chat after we respawn, I suggest they focus on one guy at a time (before you facepalm, keep in mind that I did not really know the mechanics). One DPS tells me that's what they're doing and I should just heal. He then asks me why I stopped healing toward the end of the fight. I explain that I ran out of Force, and then ask if they could please kill the big no-taunt guy first because he keeps interrupting my heals. After a bit more discussion, we decide to go for that approach.

On the second go-round it was rough (probably because I don't think you're supposed to kill one at a time for that fight...), but once they killed no-taunt I was able to keep us all alive and we finished the fight and went on to clear the rest of the flashpoint with few problems.

An interesting encounter because none of us really knew what we were doing, but we made it anyway. :rolleyes:

Though that does mark the first time that I've basically been told, "shut up and heal."

Not technically a group finder story, but it was an interesting pug that happened quite a while back. I queued my sage healer for Mandalorian Raiders and it wasn't popping, so I asked in gen if anyone else was queuing. A DPS wanted to join up, so I left group finder and joined his group. We sat in GF for quite a bit longer, asking in gen every so often with no response. Finally get another DPS saying he'll do it but he can't queue because he's overleveled. I'm tired of waiting at this point and I want to try the flashpoint (I'd never done it before), so I said sure.

We zone in and after a brief chat decide that my Qyzen is the best geared tank comp we've got, so I pull him out. The flashpoint went pretty well for the most part. I turn off auto-taunts on my tank comps because I've had multiple times where I desperately needed something taunted and Qyzen/Khem/Kaliyo had just taunted something unnecessary two seconds ago and now it's on cd. :mad: Maybe that's a bad policy, I dunno, but I like having more control. Anyway, because of this, I kept having to pause my heals every so often to target and order Qyzen to taunt something before going back to whoever needed healing. A bit nerve-racking, but we did pretty well.

All until we hit the boarding party. I had never done this flashpoint before (and, if memory serves, neither had they), so we stopped and looked at the buffs on each boss. They told me to sic Qyzen on one (can't remember which, haven't run it again since this incident :p), so I made him pull and off we went.

Qyzen kept aggro on his boss, so we pretty much ignored that guy while the two DPS focused on the other three and I tried to keep everyone alive. The one guy that doesn't taunt kept jumping to me and interrupting my heals (which are almost all cast/channeled at this level). The DPS burn down one of the other bosses and no-taunt keeps leaping to me. Their health is dropping too low because all my heals keep getting interrupted, so I spam benevolence to keep them alive and promptly run out of Force. Queue wipe.

In chat after we respawn, I suggest they focus on one guy at a time (before you facepalm, keep in mind that I did not really know the mechanics). One DPS tells me that's what they're doing and I should just heal. He then asks me why I stopped healing toward the end of the fight. I explain that I ran out of Force, and then ask if they could please kill the big no-taunt guy first because he keeps interrupting my heals. After a bit more discussion, we decide to go for that approach.

On the second go-round it was rough (probably because I don't think you're supposed to kill one at a time for that fight...), but once they killed no-taunt I was able to keep us all alive and we finished the fight and went on to clear the rest of the flashpoint with few problems.

An interesting encounter because none of us really knew what we were doing, but we made it anyway. :rolleyes:

Though that does mark the first time that I've basically been told, "shut up and heal."

Bravo... You understood how to run this fp all by yourselves... Really makes me wonders why the standard pug can't do that.

if only people actually tried to read tooltips, skill descriptions and buffs/debuffs, pugs would be a lot better

Are you crazy, bruh?? Reading?? Do you want the standard SWTOR 10 y/o player to burst out his two brain cells??? He already needs one to stay alive and the other one to smash 1. He can't spare anymore brain power.

Are you crazy, bruh?? Reading?? Do you want the standard SWTOR 10 y/o player to burst out his two brain cells??? He already needs one to stay alive and the other one to smash 1. He can't spare anymore brain power.

lol true. i was thinking to a standard Ui with huge tooltips and a video tutorial XD

Had a number of issues with my sniper running HM fp's today, I wont bother mentioning all the people who queue up on gf then decline....

First pop, atheiss HM. After the beast of vodal rl aggro drags the healer away. The tank, who is leader, rather than requeuing us quits group. Us 2 dps decide to call it a failure and quit.

Second one, atheiss HM too, zone in, my sniper is 31k, theres 39k healer, 44k tank and 16k sniper as the other dps. The healer spends the first few pulls stood on fleet, then finally zones in. As soon as they zone in we get a "16k lmao" and they drop group.

Obviously they are more of a noob than their 39k suggests, they clearly realise they aren't good enough to heal through this, despite the first 2 pulls without the healer going really well due to the tanks ability. The undergeared sniper is leader but refuses to requeue us, instead he pulls out his lokin (12k) and tells us to get going. I suggest if we are going to use a comp to heal we can use mine (lokin, 28k).

The low geared sniper calls me an elitist and puts vote kick on me. Finally the PT tank actually says something, the general gist of which is "I will carry a new player, I wont carry an arrogrant pr*ck". The tank drops group, I leave too after telling the other sniper about oricion, get accused of elitism for my troubles.

Third 1 my sniper is making up the numbers of a hugely overgeared guild run of czerka core meltdown. Everything runs smoothly and I get 3 people on friends list for it. They liked the fact that I followed kill order, actually paid attention to fight mechanics, did my best to help the group (such as put my ballistic shield down by the glowing green generator on sandstorm boss), passed on loot, paid attention to the fights (peel off the healer even if it means breaking my rotation/kill order).

fourth 1, atheiss HM, I was kicked for not knowing my class/spec. This came about due to the pull just before the first boss (those droids that are actually tougher than the boss itself). The tank in this run isn't any good and healer takes aggro. I start peeling off the healer and pop shield probe. The other dps is merrily ignoring the healers plight, so I start running forward to get LOS on the last enemy thats attacking the healer.

Afterwards the tank tells me that if I want to sniper dps im best off staying in cover. I cba to explain the issues with his tanking and that dps role is about more than number so I just say "thanks for the tip".

On first boss the tank and other dps tunnel vision the boss, I pick up the adds when they show up so they don't go for the healer. The tank then tells me that as dps its my job to ensure the bosses die fast, yet I was wasting time killing off the other enemies.

Before I can answer I get vote kick on me, goes through and in my 30s wait the healer apologises to me, adds me to friend then quits the group.

fifth 1, czerka labs HM. The tank is pretty good, he does LOS pulls on groups that I don't think need it but he holds aggro well. The other dps is the typical tunnel vision strongest enemy type, the healer is highly geared and from the same guild as me.

When the 3 of us say our hello's the healer decides to skip the pleasantries and comes out with "fast run please" (yeah. thanks, because before being told by you, we were all planning to hang around doing f-all for the next few hours).

Run goes fine, everyone pulls their weight, the other dps (a jugg) maks some mistakes (tunnel-visioning strongest enemy, interceding the tank in the first boss fight) but he listens to advice.

At the final boss the jugg dps dc's. I ask people not to loot until he gets back. The healer (from the same guild as me, sometimes I am ashamed to be associated with such people) says they are "in a rush and wont have time to wait", that "its the jugg's problem for dcing" and "why does it matter anyway, hes not in our guild".

Yeah alright he is some random pug who made afew mistakes (then listened to advice), but is that really a reason to ninja loot off of someone who dced?

Edited by BobFredJohn

I'm trying to max my comms for 3.0 so I have started doing tacticals on my 55s lately. It's pretty horrifying, or maybe I just have bad luck. Every tactical at 55 I've done seems to be filled with people who don't understand basic mechanics (like not standing in whirling circles of death) or have no idea how to play their class effectively.

Anyway, a 55 KDY I did a few days ago takes the cake in terms of weirdness. It seemed fine at first, but after we moved onto the second phase from the elevator I realized one of the DPS wasn't with the group anymore. They were still by the entrance. I figured maybe they afked or were lagging or something so the group continued on... for a long time. I finally opened the map and realized the DPS was just... walking around the area. Just sloooowly walking through the flashpoint instead of participating or killing anything.

So of course I asked why they were walking and got the response "cuz its a free country." I asked why they're wasting their own time by making things take longer than they need to and one of the OTHER DPS, who had seemed sane up til that point, suddenly tells me to shut up and stop being a *****. I go "lol, okay" and the person who had been walking proceeded to spend the rest of the flashpoint antagonizing and making weird comments about how everyone's mean to her because she's a girl, girl power, gurlz beat boyz, whoohooo it's so hard being a girl on the internet, etc etc. Which was doubly hilarious since a) nobody said anything regarding gender whatsoever and b) I am playing a female character with a traditionally female name (and also happen to be female irl) but they kept calling me a man. They finally did run to catch up with the group for the final boss, but they spent the time just doing their base attack and jumping around while talking nonstop in party chat.

Only reason I didn't votekick is because that second DPS seemed to be taking the walker's "side" and I had suffered through the idiocy for so long that I didn't want to risk a vote kick to myself, I just wanted my daily and to move on with life. :eek:

Edited by Beltane

We chat while doing trash between first and second boss and it turns out that someone in a guild called jedi may cry has never heard of the DMC franchise....disappointing.

In Beta there was a guild named "Bad Wolf" and I said "Tear apart reality and go get Rose" in a tell to one of them, and he was like "Huh?" When I said Rose Tyler, they need to bring her back. He was like "Who's Rose, what are you talking about?" Then said "Doctor Who... Rose Tyler is the "Bad Wolf" in Doctor Who" and he said "Oh, I just joined this guild cause they had a cool name. I have no idea, I figured it was a Little Red Riding Hood reference."

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Had another super weird one.

55 HM Czerka Core Meltdown. I'm tanking, scroll over the DPS' health to see who should get guard... and... there's a sorc with 14k health. Wut. Checked his gear, he's in absolutely horrid mix of level 30-50 gear. Thought about saying something or kicking, decided the geared healer, DPS & I should be able to do it as basically a 3 man and I wasn't in the mood for a scene and had limited time to get my daily in, so went ahead.

Sand demon fight was downed without incident. The 14k sorc was almost dead the entire sandstorm phases, of course, but the healer kept him up just fine. The sorc was also really, really, really bad. He kept using overload as part of his rotation, on a boss even, and seriously stood there for long periods doing nothing, then would shoot lightning and stand staring again. And at one point I seriously saw him using his saber attacks on it... as a sorc. Ugh, but whatever, I'm being nice and carrying him.

The trouble actually came from the healer. A Force-healer piece of gear dropped. The healer was a sorc so needed, as did the 14k sorc. 14k sorc won, and healer proceeded to FLIP OUT because the piece of gear said healer, and accused the 14k sorc of ninjaing amidst tons of swearing. I personally don't feel the 14k sorc did a thing wrong in this instance. It's gear he NEEDED (badly!), how was he supposed to know the healer sorc even needed it? It was sorc gear he could use, that's not a ninja... it's a flashpoint, not a raid. And honestly DPS & healers are usually supposed to wear a mix of healer & DPS gear anyway if they want to minmax.

So I tried to politely point this out and the healer wasn't having any of it. She ragequit and screwed over the group. We requeued, and I wasn't really paying attention. We got a mercenary so I assumed that was the new healer, started the second boss fight... and that's when I realized... the 14k sorc got in as our healer. So he stood there using his DPS-heals and died like instantly. Wiped.

That's when I finally explained he shouldn't be doing 55 HMs with gear that bad. He responds that he's there to get gear. I say yes, but you get a starter set from Oricon, etc. He seemed like he didn't really believe me til I said I don't mind carrying an ungeared DPS but that it's literally impossible to get through a HM with a healer in gear that bad. He goes "oh", not sure if it sunk in or not, cause I left. Would have taken too much time to kick him and try to find a new healer by that point.

Even though that sorc was terribad it was the healer I was left with the really bad feeling about. :rolleyes: What's more offensive, losing a piece of healer gear to a DPS who can use it, or stranding 3 other people midway through a HM?

Edited by Beltane