The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

To elaborate on my comment of how many incompetent people are on ToFN. Now I set the bar for competence quite high (compared to most people anyway), and even if a run goes smoothly, no deaths, no wipes etc there are still some things that makes me count that run as wrong:

Running HM hammer station on my jugg tank. Theres sin dps, sorc dps and op healer, all of them are in the same guild. We set off and trash goes fine. We get to the first boss and part way through I notice im not getting much in the way of heals, however the dps sin who is not moving away from exploding droids is maintained at 100%.

I notice the sorc aoe heal off-centre of the boss, so the sin is stood in it and I am not. I also find this strange as the sorc is a dps. When I move to it, with my depleting hp the op speaks up saying that the sin has to stay behind the boss to dps and that heal is for the sin (its big enough to hit people both sides of the boss if you stick it under the boss). I move away anyway so the sin can stay in it. This aoe sorc heal is maintained for the whole fight. The boss fight takes ages, im popping dcd's on CD just to stay alive and I don't get any armour debuff cleanses. Eventually we kill it and I ask why a sorc healer is queued as dps. He says "does it matter, at least your guaranteed to survive." I personally would disagree judged by the evidence of the first fight in which I never (except at the start, and when I popped endure pain) went about 15%

We complete the run with no deaths, however I time the final boss based upon my dcd's, counting the number of times I pop enraged defence with a 1 min CD. I throw it 7 times in the final fight, whist again remaining at low hp, while the sin dps and sorc healer who never move out of kreshan's grenades are maintained at 100% for the entire fight (the op healer stays at 100% but thats mainly due to following mechanics).

HM hammer station with my sorc healer. I get guard, spend most of my time healing the hugely overgeared merc dps, I switch guard off myself every time I get it and tell tank to put on merc, it just keeps being put on me. Other than that no issues (merc burned things like a pro).

HM mando with my sniper, the merc healer is in high velocity cell and remains so for the entire fight, I also see the three missile shot from the top of the middle tree and no kolto shells (pretty clear whats happened here).

HM Kaon under siege on my sniper. lvl 55 sin tank, lvl 55 sniper and lvl 53 healer.

Healer joins with rackghoul plague stage 2 1 min 20 secs to go, it pops during a fight and infects both dps and the tank.

Sin tank is damn good, apart from a guard on the healer. He holds aggro and groups enemies well. He also likes to group the enemies near us other 3 as that means even if he loses aggro the enemies will stay where they are, not split apart and allow us to continue to aoe, it also means the healer can aoe heal and hit everyone with it. The sorc dps and other sniper don't like this, the other sniper constantly cover pulses while I am busy burning everything with OS and supressive fire. The sorc healer also overloads to get everything away from him.

The sin tank asks why those 2 keep splitting a group that is perfectly set to be burnt quickly, he gets no answer. The other sniper and healer never use their interrupts on the infected mercenary tie cords. The rackghoul plauge that the healer infected the 3 of us with at the start goes off instantly killing both dps and the tank with the rackghoul behemoth at 4% hp, causing a wipe.

HM czerka core meltdown with my sniper. The tank guards the healer and I end up face tanking most things, the tank however is superb at single target aggro. Sandstorm boss is ok. Vrblther boss the tank doesn't bother with the whole spore thing, the healer is calling the tank to pull to spores. I take things into my own hands and, as I don't have guard I am able to pop all my procs, pull out all the stops and pull aggro. The boss starts moving to me stood by a spore, at which point the tank taunts back. The other dps (mara) and tank also ignore adds so me and healer deal with them between the 2 of us.

This is every fp I have run so far today, I have yet to get 1 where everyone is at the competence I expect at endgame. As you can see although I did say most runs are with bads, it usually isn't anything that can't be dealt with, its just things people really shouldn't be doing.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Met rather an annoying sith assassin. I zone in for HM mando with my jugg tank. Theres sin dps, merc dps and sorc healer.

The most annoying thing though is this sin at the end of every pull writes

"sin: <parse value>, merc: <parse value>, healer: <parse value>, tank: scared noob" at the end of every pull, and uses this information to demonstrate how great he is at dps, right before opening with overload.

I decide to troll him abit so I speed up the pace. I am now pulling faster and sin is getting annoyed: "don't pull until I am

Yet again this annoys the sin who goes on about "what would you know noob tank, you need me to carry your sorry behind through this, you lot would have wiped loads without me." I get fed up now so I instruct him that theres more to the group aspect of this game than high numbers. I point out a bunched up group can be tanked easier, that a bunched up group can be burnt down more easily. I then throw a vote kick on him, it goes through and the sin starts flaming that all us noobs will be begging him to come back when we get stuck on the next pull without him. I leave one more "you ought to learn how to do group content rather than obsessing about numbers".

For the rest of the mission I get rude and sometimes funny (because he is clearly having a tantrum) whispers from this bloke about how he does much more damage than me (well durr, im a tank). It seems some people don't realise that group missions are about more than who has the highest numbers.

See, that's the type of player that makes me wish MMOs (be it WoW, SWtOR, or any other) would ban parse programs and make it an account termination offense. I know, I know, a lot of decent players use it, but I can count the decent people on one hand (which is also a factor, most decent players don't rant about it, I have no idea they use it), whereas my mother's extended family where her sister had 8 children who mostly have children of their own who many have children of their own still don't have enough fingers to count the elitist jerks that use it and badmouth those who don't.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

HM hammer station. Im jugg tanking, there is a supremely geared sin dps (3 pieces of dread master, the rest dread forged), a sniper dps and op healer, who are both geared lower than my 156 tank. Now deciding where the guard goes in this case is done in a matter of milliseconds. Its on the sin.

I then pull the patrolling elite, the sin runs in and pulls aggro straight through my guard. I can tell this is going to be difficult and I apologise to the sin in advance for all the times she is going to pull aggro. She says its fine, the healer then pipes up that he should have guard. I ignore him.

We do the next few pulls and at the 1 just inside the door with the 2 elites and all the trimmings. The healer pulls with that attack which attacks in a cone in front (don't know what its called). I jump in and start to deal with the mess of aggro, the sniper dps throws a slice droid on the elite whos away from the group so I can still aoe to grab aggro. After the pull the healer asks for guard again, I don't answer.

I do the next pull, then start heading down the corridor. I pull the 4 droids in the corridor, then sin and sniper joins in. I then look at the group pictures and see the healer is dead. Im confused as the aggro in the pull we are fighting is split 3 on me, 1 on sin (the sin is polite enough to only attack 1 enemy at a time to allow me to keep aggro more easily). I then look on the map and it turns out the healer has pulled the elite and 2 strongs and 3 standards further back, that totals 3 pulls at once.

The healer gets back to us and asks for guard, I don't answer. I go and fix the generator for the drill, me and the 2 dps go through, the healer starts to take the long way round, by pulling the elite. His hp plummets at which point he comes running towards us. We run back, kill it then carry on. The healer states he keeps getting shot so he needs guard. I don't answer.

We get to mining droid, I ask if everyone knows it. The sin says yes, sniper doesn't answer, healer says "yeah, guard me" I don't answer. Of course the sin's first attack pulls off me but I instantly taunt back then I keep aggro for the entire fight. Im popping my DCD's all over the place, not getting cleansed (which the sniper points out during the fight) and I end the fight at 0% hp (17/31264). We do our loot rolls and I start to heal myself. The sniper starts asking the op what happened to his heals/cleanse. The healer says "im not healing until I get guard." The sniper tells the healer off, but tbh I cba with that crap so I just tell the sniper to let it be, I should be able to survive with my DCD's.

While all this is going on the sin has run off ahead and started the pull after the mining droid boss. They then proceed to solo that entire pull before any of us 3 can get there and finish it at 87% hp. I now realise my survival in the first boss had little to do with my DCD's and was really due to how quickly the boss was burnt down.

I run down the tunnel with both the dps, pull the elite droid, the healer hangs back and pulls the 3 droids that were near the previous pull. He then drags them towards us and we kill them. We carry on pretty much silent until the bit where we go up the stairs and theres enemies at the top with a patrolling elite. The sniper dps has gone afk (and told us about it, we agreed to wait). However the healer decides to pull the group at the top of the stairs with OS. The OS hits the patrolling elite, and the healer follows up on the 3 strongs that come out the door with a grenade. He has successfully pulled aggro on every enemy in the pull while me and the sin dps were waiting for the 4th group member.

The healer dies, me and the sin mop up (not really, the sin mops up while I run around hitting stuff) and we res the healer. He says "im only going to tell you this 1 more time, guard me!" I tell him that I cba explaining healer aggro and guard to him, but that guard makes no difference to him, especially when he pulls. The afk sniper gets back and we fight through to the boss of the 3 people by the console. The sniper has to go afk again, it is clearly stated in chat that I am ok with that, the sin is ok, and the sniper is going to be gone 2 minutes or so.

However after having had a dps say they are going afk, the healer pulls the boss with OS. I jump in and take aggro, the sin then immediately rips aggro from the droid off me, I taunt back then hold aggro the rest of the fight. The sniper returns with the final boss at 50%. We finish the fight, me having received no heals at all and the sniper rolls on some of the loot. The healer now starts complaining again, that the sniper shouldn't have been allowed to roll as they didn't do any of the work. All 3 of us tell him if he insists on pulling with people afk thats his problem.

The next pull the healer pulls first, takes alot of damage and flames about what a rubbish tank I am, he tells me he needs guard. The sin dps speaks up "every time you pull before the tank, I will not start attacking until whoever pulled before them is dead". The sniper and I both agree to that. Now if a single person pulls before the tank the group has agreed to stand and do nothing until the person who pulled early is dead.

The healer pulls first on the 1 strong with the 2 standard astromech droids, we watch him die then finish up. We go and start fighting the next pull while the healer pulls the patrolling elite around that area. The elite kills the healer then we mop up. The sniper goes afk again just before the 2 champion turrets, the healer is still running back after his last death. When he gets there the sniper is still afk, so the healer pulls the 2 turrets. We wait until they have killed him then me and the sin start working. Tbh this makes no difference to me tanking, as he never healed me anyway so the entire mission I had been relying on my DCD's.

We get across the bridge and kill the elite (I get to pull first, but only by the shear good fortune I was the first on the bridge and have a 30m charge). The pull after the sin pull accidentally. I break the rules and join in before the fight is over as I like this sin (they haven't popped overload even once in the mission so far). The 2 strongs and 2 standard astromechs are pulled by the healer while we are still wiping up the previous fight. We stand and watch him die, then finish up. Get to kreshan, wait for the healer to get back to us after going med centre.

As always with kreshan I move to the side (if I charge from the front I don't have time to turn him before he does his conal attack, so I pull from the side to point it away from the group). Whilst I am moving to the side the healer pulls, we stand and watch him die then start attacking. The sin now starts using overload to knock adds off as soon as they turn up, meaning there are no adds at all for the whole fight. The healer get back to us, not that I really notice as I get no heals so makes no difference to me.

We complete the mission, I ask the sin if I can add them to friends. The healer is on my ignore. What confused me alot about this guy was he was a op healer and he hated having aggro, so why did he keep pulling and why didn't he use his combat stealth?

Edited by BobFredJohn

[...]

We complete the mission, I ask the sin if I can add them to friends. The healer is on my ignore. What confused me alot about this guy was he was a op healer and he hated having aggro, so why did he keep pulling and why didn't he use his combat stealth?

Nice story, sorry for cutting it but I wanted to give you my conclusion on your question asap. ;)

To me, that sounds either as ignorance or simply lack of working braincells, I'm afraid... :p

That said, I would say that I'm surprised you didn't kick hte guy off after the first boss.

Mind you, I rarely kick ppl at all, usually only if there's no way to proceed due to extreme undergear or the like... But in that case I think I'd have made an exception. :rolleyes:

Last time I kicked someone it was when I queued for a HM FP lvl 55 and got the HM CZ Core Meltdown, with a 12k HP - no typo :eek: - Jugg tank. This was last week or the one before, can't remember.

The rest of the team was pretty much ok, mostly 156 rating with the odd 162 piece, but without a properly geared Tank it's kind of hard to get through the FP.

In the end, after explaining him why he was not geared for hte content and how to solve that issue, we kicked him. :(

After queuing for another Tank, we decided to clear thrash with my Khem in 168s tanking, no problem at all. Finally, right before the first boss, we got a greatly geared PT Tank with 42k HP, and we cleared the FP with no trouble at all. :D

Last time I kicked someone it was when I queued for a HM FP lvl 55 and got the HM CZ Core Meltdown, with a 12k HP - no typo :eek: - Jugg tank. This was last week or the one before, can't remember.

Wow. 12k HP is undergeared for a DPS/healer in level 50 HM FPs. I remember back at launch, 13k was pretty borderline. I wouldn't bring a tank into HM Czerka Core Meltdown with less than 30k, personally.

If there's one thing that (Merc-)healing the Red Reaper has taught me of late --aside from the limits of even my archetypical Polish stubbornness, that is-- then that thing is just how atrociously bad some DPS can really be.

(Oh, and that there may be something seriously not-right with the trash and overall tuning in that instance. Multiple wipes on trash a matter of course, insultingly easy brain-dead bosses --maybe even solo'able on-level; Like what the f is going on with that instance?)

So I got RR just like an hour or so ago.

Me Merc-heals, 'Sin tank, 2 Merc DPS, all but one of the DPS Mercs at level 44, the last at level 47. One of each flavour too, Arsen, BodyGuard, and Pyro.

I figure, OK, this FP can suck horriballs because of that aforementioned over-tuned trash, but if these guys know how to DPS, CC, and peel, then we shouldn't have too much trouble beyond those first two or three pulls.

"If," indeed:

I could literally count on one hand how many procs for PPA and Barrage I saw/heard --and by mid-40s level, you should have them fully talented a long time ago, yet here these idiots stood, spamming number 1 on every single pull, whilst their healer, courtesy of Kolto-shell threat ate full aggro --and got urp'ed a few times for it, thanks for the repair-bill, baddies-- before the tank could rip 'em back off me.

CC? I think one of the damage-Mercs used theirs like once. And then broke it by working DFA into their single-target rotation.

Peels? Nope. Just kinda fluff-TAB-target good ole' number 1 around with the odd desultory PowerShot and/or Tracer Missile. When I had Kolto Overload available and a convenient LoS-object to duck around, then I could fast-heal myself and then go back to healing the tank --naturally, I hardly had to touch these two derp-farts, and why would I? It's not like they were actually drawing any threat.

Kolto Overload and Vent Heat are two very important cooldowns, but that doesn't mean you should be using them on cooldown from mostly self-healing because your DPS is doing, like no DPS.

Does it?

Oh, and one of the DurPS had the Rakghoul plague. I asked him to go back to the med droid and get the stim early on, but this was ignored, and soon enough he puke-sploded, infecting the tank. Christ. I asked him why he didn't go get the stim when asked to, and again, completely ignored.

Somehow, we got through --eventually; Six deaths total for me, thank God levelling-gear has low repair-bills-- but the kicker:

Not one piece of Bounty Hunter-appropriate gear dropped. Not *********** even one, all Willpower/Light.

I hate this game's PuG-community, man. I'm sorry, but I really do. There are so few good DPS out there, it's just pitiful. And these idiots are whom I'm expected to go into raids with, with an across the board stats-squish coming in 3.0?

Yeah...

Bloody Hell. I haz a sad naow :(

SNIP

In that situation, I would have actually just mentioned to the sin "There is no way in hell my guard is gonna stop you pulling aggro, is it fine if I guard the slinger and just taunt off you after about 20 seconds?"

I mean sure, it would piss the healer off even more, but he's a bad healer. You probably did more Heals per Second than he did.

May as well have kicked him after he refused to heal and used someones companion, cause lets be honest. A default geared Mako would have been a better healer than he was :p

Wow. 12k HP is undergeared for a DPS/healer in level 50 HM FPs. I remember back at launch, 13k was pretty borderline. I wouldn't bring a tank into HM Czerka Core Meltdown with less than 30k, personally.

Eh, mind you, I lately saw many low HP 55s due to 12Exp. :o

Many just level with low level gear and at 55 "forget" to swap it out. And of course they can't manage Oricon because, let's face it, they can't survive the first thrash mob with the gear they have. :rolleyes:

That said, teh top 5 ppl with too low gear I saw in the last month - at 55, that is - goes like this:

- Jug Tank 12k HP, HM CZ Core Meltdown

- Assassin Tank 15k HP, HM Athiss

- Op Healer, 15k HP, Depths of Manaan

- Mara Combat tree, 17k HP, Assault on Tython

- PT Tank 19k HP, HM Mando Raiders

Now mind you, not all of them got kicked, thanks to the "Tactical" nature of some of those FPs we got hte undergeared guy have a look at the fight while we 3men it, when possible. Always good to have a test drive. :D

All of the HM runs, however, saw us kick them, especially if they were tanks, except that Mando Raiders one because it was a Guild Run of them. And because of that it actually turned out good. :p

Of course, we kicked them after they were made to realize their gear was not enough. Usually after the first thrash mob where they died in seconds and I took on tanking on my DPS Sorc, or the Healer did it himself...Good thing there's geared ppl around, tbh I'm kind of glad I took most of my 55 to top lvl before the 12Exp thing... It's good for players with an established Legacy, but for new ones it's not that great. :cool:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

I had a whole story here, but it sounded more like conceited bragging than an actual story. Basically I managed to rip aggro off a undergeared, unskilled, newb, noob tank with even worst DPS doing absolutely no DPS using only heals, through a guard.

I fixed it for ya ;)

Edited by Ryuku-sama

The major problem was that I screwed up my skill allotment and missed the 75% threat reduction on heals, and I was pulling like 2.5k hps vs the underleveled/undergeared tank's 1.5k tps

How's that possible??? The threat reduction is baked into a skill you ALWAYS want for pushback reduction.

It wasn't a FP, but a SM op via the group finder. The story's from a few weeks back (8 man GF).

Someone was posting in /Allies for a few tanks and deeps for the GF SnV and since it had just come on the GF earlier that morning it filled up pretty quick, I went into it on my main Assassin as dps. We zoned in after the queue popped, people bought a shield, everything was a typical SnV run. As we were waiting for the last few people to load in the ops leader apparently did an inspection of my gear, as he asked why I was wearing PvP gear (I do primarily PvP, thus the gear, but that's plenty for SM ops, besides, I have a 180 hilt that I use for ops just to help out) and I informed him that I primarily PvP and that, seeing as how PvP gear is fine for SM ops, I had no reason to bother getting PvE gear. He insisted that PvP gear wouldn't be sufficient and that I would have to be carried, but after a few moments didn't press the argument.

After the last person loaded in we mounted up just outside of the sandstorm range and the ops leader asked if everyone knew the fights and had TS. Everyone had TS, although some didn't go into it, myself included as I know the instance. One tank and one dps politely said that they were first-timers and asked for tips. The ops leader reposted the TS info in ops chat and, before the new timers could even attempt to open TS, ran forward into the standstorm and pulled the boss (ops leader was a healer btw).

After the initial aggro craziness thanks to the healer pulling the experienced tank took aggro on the boss and held it for the remainder of the battle. For the most part it was a completely normal kill. We did have one death, from the first time dps who got lost in the sandstorm and didn't know what to do. Once the boss was downed the ops leader started going nuts in chat about how the newbie tank, all but one dps, and all but one healer were total garbage and how they were going to have to be carried through the entire op (ironically the only people he thought were okay were the three people in 180 gear, himself included).

The dps who died apologized for messing up and tried to take the blame for any mistakes that may have been made, but before the ops leader could commit on that I stepped in and pointed out that the boss had went down just fine, our dps/heals/tanks were perfectly on par, and the only reason that the one dps had died was because the ops leader hadn't given a chance to have the fight explained. That prompted him to then turn his nonsense to me and yell about how I was just a stupid PvP *** who had no place dragging down HIS ops and how he wasn't going to carry trash like me. As I was typing up a response about how idiotic he was being he, along with the other two 180 geared people, dropped group. Afterwards those same three people went searching in /Allies for another SnV group and put a requirement to have 168 gear and (I quote) "Not be a PvP kiddie".

That sparked a quite heated argument in the allies channel that ended up with him getting flamed by most of the well known PvE PUG'ers on my server about how stupid his requirements were. Afterwards the dps who had died even went into allies and, after explaining that he'd never ran SnV before, asked if he could join a group as he would really like to get into ops and got picked up by a group being ran by the GM of a NiM progression guild and, from what I would assume, probably had a great run of it.

It wasn't a FP, but a SM op via the group finder. The story's from a few weeks back (8 man GF).

Someone was posting in /Allies for a few tanks and deeps for the GF SnV and since it had just come on the GF earlier that morning it filled up pretty quick, I went into it on my main Assassin as dps. We zoned in after the queue popped, people bought a shield, everything was a typical SnV run. As we were waiting for the last few people to load in the ops leader apparently did an inspection of my gear, as he asked why I was wearing PvP gear (I do primarily PvP, thus the gear, but that's plenty for SM ops, besides, I have a 180 hilt that I use for ops just to help out) and I informed him that I primarily PvP and that, seeing as how PvP gear is fine for SM ops, I had no reason to bother getting PvE gear. He insisted that PvP gear wouldn't be sufficient and that I would have to be carried, but after a few moments didn't press the argument.

After the last person loaded in we mounted up just outside of the sandstorm range and the ops leader asked if everyone knew the fights and had TS. Everyone had TS, although some didn't go into it, myself included as I know the instance. One tank and one dps politely said that they were first-timers and asked for tips. The ops leader reposted the TS info in ops chat and, before the new timers could even attempt to open TS, ran forward into the standstorm and pulled the boss (ops leader was a healer btw).

After the initial aggro craziness thanks to the healer pulling the experienced tank took aggro on the boss and held it for the remainder of the battle. For the most part it was a completely normal kill. We did have one death, from the first time dps who got lost in the sandstorm and didn't know what to do. Once the boss was downed the ops leader started going nuts in chat about how the newbie tank, all but one dps, and all but one healer were total garbage and how they were going to have to be carried through the entire op (ironically the only people he thought were okay were the three people in 180 gear, himself included).

The dps who died apologized for messing up and tried to take the blame for any mistakes that may have been made, but before the ops leader could commit on that I stepped in and pointed out that the boss had went down just fine, our dps/heals/tanks were perfectly on par, and the only reason that the one dps had died was because the ops leader hadn't given a chance to have the fight explained. That prompted him to then turn his nonsense to me and yell about how I was just a stupid PvP *** who had no place dragging down HIS ops and how he wasn't going to carry trash like me. As I was typing up a response about how idiotic he was being he, along with the other two 180 geared people, dropped group. Afterwards those same three people went searching in /Allies for another SnV group and put a requirement to have 168 gear and (I quote) "Not be a PvP kiddie".

That sparked a quite heated argument in the allies channel that ended up with him getting flamed by most of the well known PvE PUG'ers on my server about how stupid his requirements were. Afterwards the dps who had died even went into allies and, after explaining that he'd never ran SnV before, asked if he could join a group as he would really like to get into ops and got picked up by a group being ran by the GM of a NiM progression guild and, from what I would assume, probably had a great run of it.

Thats it. Im gonna go into a GF Ops group using level 53 greens bought off the GTN, and they are going to live with it!

They complain, Im gonna flaunt my Dread Master Raptus + C-Zero Nightmare clears in their face. Though if we actually have DPS issues somehow I'll put my actual gear back on.

Edited by TACeMossie

Thats it. Im gonna go into a GF Ops group using level 53 greens bought off the GTN, and they are going to live with it!

They complain, Im gonna flaunt my Dread Master Raptus + C-Zero Nightmare clears in their face. Though if we actually have DPS issues somehow I'll put my actual gear back on.

Did a sm DP with my imp guild with the 16m gf. My PT did just hit 55 and had lv39 blues.

Bolster gave me an average of 2k dps and I managed to agro bestia in council fight during my opener and got kicked of the platform xD (thanks for your guide btw).

Bolster gives you the minimum you need so go on and get weak gear, also try to pull from the tank :p

Bit more on the gf topic. The weirdest group I have had for weeks now is one I did on my operative dps on lv 37 with a lv 34 tank and 34 co-dps.

Tank guarded me and the healer said that he needed guard. Tank mentioned that he guarded me and I mentioned that the healer does not need guard.

The healer said "lol" and did not mention anything about guard during the remainder of the fp.

All other groups I've had were good people, especially during the x12 stuff. Where are all the bads? I want a story to write dammit :p

More daffy than weird...

People who run around corners, the complain about you not healing them... People who keep moving on to the next mob constantly without break, and why not they have full hp right? Then complain when you stop healing them... (because you ran out of focus/force/energy).

Oddest I would say our of all my groups was running hammer station on my trooper. The group I got in with had 3 people from the same alliance in it. I was a vanguard, then we had a gunslinger and 2 sages. The first drop was pants for the trooper so I hit need.

Holy hell in a handbasket were they pissed off cussing me out to no end for hitting need (the 2 sages also hit need btw). Next thing I know I was vote kicked out. I sent them a message asking why. They wanted it to gear their companion. I apologized explaining that it was better than my current gear so I hit need since it was for my class. This started another storm with all 3 of them ganging up on me in whispers telling me how selfish i was to need something for my class without wondering if someone else could use it for their companions :rolleyes: And seeing as how it was 3 of them from one alliance and then just me I was the guest and I should have asked first...

All said my only regret is that a week later when I decided I didn't like vanguard and rerolled as a commando I didn't think to write down their names so I could add them to my block on creation list.

This is pretty funny considering Group Finder Ops bolster your gear. I joined some guilds DP GF run once on my jugg that was in full pvp gear. This was back when it was still 8m GF. We were on Raptus and I kept pulling aggro off the tank in my mostly obroan pvp gear (aside from implants+earpiece). Which is pretty funny bc I was pulling no more then maybe 2.8k dps? Maybe a 3k at most? Im not sure. Having a gear requirement on bolstered SM Ops is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Im sure that Ops Lead was also full 180 no set bonus as well. That comms gear too stronk.

Just had the weirdest thing ever happen to me in group finder.

Kuat Drive Yards, 2 guys unable to zone in, so drop group.

Queue for replacements.

3rd guy can't be bothered waiting, drops group.

3 new toons come in.

Apparently we were going too fast for someone, he drops group.

Get replacement.

At end boss, guy goes AFK, gets kicked.

Replacement arrives, we burn boss.

It took 9 players to complete the flashpoint, but never at any stage did anyone die or even come close to it. Aside from constantly finding replacements, it was a smooth run.

Had a disappointing run. I was on my sorc healer (31k) with sniper dps (26k) jugg tank (28k) and sniper dps (39k). I get guard and constantly switch it off, eventually the tank gives up guarding me but doesn't guard anyone else.

Despite this his aggro holding is really good, and along with the dps both following kill order everything runs smoothly, no deaths, no close calls (except the less geared sniper standing in prophets fire and dropping to 4% before he moved and I healed him back up).

So what was disappointing about this perfect run? The tanks guild name. He was in a guild called "jedi may cry". clearly named after one of the best game franchises ever made. I therefore start giving out references from those games. The higher geared sniper does too. However this tank doesn't pick up on any of it.

We chat while doing trash between first and second boss and it turns out that someone in a guild called jedi may cry has never heard of the DMC franchise....disappointing.