The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

This seriously isn't necessary or even particularly helpful. Grabbing the adds as they come is ridiculously easy for a tank. Just use the boss' flamethrower to scorch them and the last ones will blow up when the boss does. I never go on top of the shuttle unless the tank insists and there's never been any problems.

True.

I always inform groups that the easiest way to do this is:

1) Everyone stand just behind the boss. EVERYONE including the healer.

2) ONLY the Tank should use AoE attacks and he should use them when the little ones appear.

3) Noone, and I mean NOONE, should use any form of knockback attack (unless you have Shadow/Assassin Tank, then he can use it :)).

4) When the Boss uses his Flamethrower attack he will track/follow the Tank with it. The Flamethrower attack is also deadly to the little ones. The Tank should use this to burn the little ones by moving left or right.

Using the above:

1) The Healer normally only has to heal the Tank and noone else.

2) Even if the little ones decide to attack someone else in the party, the Tank turning the Boss during his Flamethrower attack will quickly kill them.

3) Since the little ones are all stacked around the Boss, (because noone is standing away from the Boss or knocking them back), when the Boss blows up all the little ones die.

9 out of 10 times, the group is gratefull to learn this "new strategy". ;)

Just some observations. I am also presuming this is 55HM version? If so:

1. You should have all been on the Transport ship on Grymick. The adds dont bother you there. Tank stays down, Los the boss, draw him over and allow him to blow up at the end killing the adds.

2. On bonus boss. Position yourself behind the railing just next to where the lift is. There is a little lip between it and the lift shaft. It prevents you being pulled to the boss too. Other rdps can stand there too. Another viable option is the boxes to the left.

1: I would happily have done so, but tbh, I've a) never had trouble before, b) prefer to stay within healing distance of the tank and c) had no time between his pulls to ask for or explain anything.. (Most times he didn't even check to see if I had any force left before pulling)

2: I honestly did not know that. I usually just speed-run out of the aoe and take only very minor damage. Thank you for that piece of advice.. (Sadly there were no rdps present at all..)

9 out of 10 times, the group is gratefull to learn this "new strategy". ;)

Honestly, I would have been grateful if the tank used ANY kind of strategy.. On any fight..

I always comply with a tanks preferred strategy in group content, within wide-limited reason, since it makes everyone's life easier.

But when I don't get anything and have no time to ask for it, I do the best I can under the circumstances.

He seemed to know where to go on the jet engines and at least some of the best routes, so I assume he's done it before on HM, since you really don't get to do it that many times on norm... But most likely not as the tank..

1: I would happily have done so, but tbh, I've a) never had trouble before, b) prefer to stay within healing distance of the tank and c) had no time between his pulls to ask for or explain anything.. (Most times he didn't even check to see if I had any force left before pulling)

2: I honestly did not know that. I usually just speed-run out of the aoe and take only very minor damage. Thank you for that piece of advice.. (Sadly there were no rdps present at all..)

1. In this tactic the tank will run behind the shuttle to LOS the Boss so he comes towards you and is in DPS/Heal range.

2. When I'm tanking I usually stay in the red circle as I'm so overgeared that I only get around 1-5% dmg from the whole thing, when using my defensives I can even have more health than before.

btw. you can put multiple quotes into one post by just copying the text it gives you ( the

... [/quote ] ). Also works for signatures.

I just encountered the worst tank I have ever seen. It was in tactical Manaan, which doesn't need a tank to begin with, but whenever the DPS would try to pull the healer and 1 other DPS would get upset and go "let tank pull."

Okay, fine, I'm good with that. Trouble is the tank was incredibly hesitant. He was an assassin tank who didn't guard anyone, had 24k health at level 55 (????? how?) and only used dark ward rarely. He would just stop and stare at every single group of trash mobs before starting. I'm talking like 5-10 seconds every single time, for no reason.

But the best part is his rotation. He would stealth, mind trap one random mob (often one in the middle of the group, and never a gold), and then overload all the mobs including the one he just mind trapped. Every. Single. Time. I never saw him use discharge and I only saw him use wither rarely. He just kept overloading as his main AOE.

My favorite part was when someone told him to hit the console while stealthed so we didn't have to fight the mobs. His answer was to mind trap a totally random NPC, run to the console, and then... force pull the one he mind trapped to himself to start the fight by the console. I have no words.

My main is a sin tank and I wanted so bad to give advice, but I was in some form of shock and didn't say anything. He died 5 times. Nobody else died.

So after the run of Tanks lately, I didn't have high hopes when I loaded into a HM Athiss on my Merc!Healer and find the Assassin!Tank is sitting on just shy of 21K ><

Tank apologises when asked about his gear and said his guild said he'd be alright, but the other DPS and I agree to see how we go. The DPS, a Marauder and a Sorc, are both sitting on around 35K, and I'm not a fan of Merc!Healing, so I was expecting a few wipes then an agreement to leave.

I was so wrong. The Tank (and he was new, just over 1K of achievement points) kept aggro, used cooldowns, knew his rotation, and basically made the run one of the smoothest I've had in a long while. Aside from a near scare with a pack of dogs on the Daddy!Dog fight, another scare with the fire during the final boss due to the poor Tank being distracted, and a guard placed on me, the run was fine. He even listened to the explanation about why I, as a healer, didn't want guard, and thanked me for explaining it!

I try not to set my bar of a good Tank too high, but after seeing and being spoiled by that guy... damn.

1. You should have all been on the Transport ship on Grymick. The adds dont bother you there. Tank stays down, Los the boss, draw him over and allow him to blow up at the end killing the adds.

Not to derail the thread, but the shuttle strategy is cheesy and not nearly as effective as simply doing the fight the way it was intended. Also, if you only know shuttle strategy, what happens when there's a melee DPS in the group? What happens if BOTH DPS are melee?

Just drag the adds into the boss' flamethrower attack and watch them melt, as god (or the devs or whatever) intended.

This was about a week ago.

I queued for a SM Red Reaper as a Merc Healer, and when I got in there was a Jugg Tank, a Merc DPS (who, amusingly enough, was wearing a similar look helmet and Chestplate as me) , and a Powertech DPS. The first fight doesn't go very smoothly. The Tank seems bad at keeping aggro off of me and the other Merc, and the Powertech seems undergeared.

Fast forward to the first boss and the Tank DCs halfway through. The three of us who remain manage to get through it by the skin of our teeth. We wait for a while to see if the Tank reconnects, but he doesn't so we end up kicking him and re-queue. We never get another Tank.

We manage to do pretty well through most of it, all things considered, up until the big droid boss with the red/blue pillars and beams. We end up wiping two or three times (I don't think any of us knew the fight very well, I'd only done it once before and that was two years ago with my Sniper) until I figure out the mechanics of how to stop the insta-death beams after the other two die. I manage to last long enough against it solo for them to run back and finish it off. Figures that I missed the roll on the nice Pistol it dropped though.

Past there was pretty much smooth sailing. We only wiped once up until the final boss, which we beat pretty easily.

last week i had a red reaper pop, i was healing, jugg tank merc dps and jugg dps were the other group members.

tank let us die a couple of times at first pull, but can happen if you are not a really experienced tank, and it's worse if you are jugg so ok..

we die a couple of times also in the two next pulls so we kick him.

i take out khem and he tanked flawlessly the rest of FP.

but we two manned+ comp the FP, because the merc was in a mix of lvl 25 greens and random low level mods, i inspected him because he was taking a full rotation to kill a weak mob..

i said: why are you here so undergeared? you are doing almost zero dps!

merc: guess why: i'm gearing myself here..

me: you'd have a significant upgrade even soloing cademimu and mando raider m8

end of discussion, we carried the guy for all the instance and i even had to pull him behind the sith spawns since he was ignoring the mechanics.

another one:

i think it was cademimu HM, the tank was badly undergeared, lvl 50 blues and below, but he actually was able to tank so we carried him lol, even if he lasted around half of a boss and went down at any strong.

last one, no GF, guild mando raider HM run for giggles and relax after nim progression: mavrix didn't even jump at his turrets..he died in his first location. that was weird:cool:

last one, no GF, guild mando raider HM run for giggles and relax after nim progression: mavrix didn't even jump at his turrets..he died in his first location. that was weird:cool:

Hehe... reminds of the time I went to solo Mando Raider SM on my Sentinel to get the saber drop from Mavrix. I was 55 at the time so way overgeared for it. I planned to kill him before he jumped anywhere. But... I missed doing so by a tiny bit so he ended up leaping to first turrets activating them, leaping to second turrets activating them, leaping to third turrets activating them and then leaping back to the middle where Doc shot him once and he died. This happened in the space of a few seconds. Ended up with the Mavrix dead at my feet and six turrets trying to shoot me (I believe I dodged every single shot :D).

Had a good laugh while I cleared the turrets, looted and left the instance.

It's always fun to go back and solo low level Flashpoints. :D

Sorry for the derail. Back to the funny/sad GF stories.

Interesting Taral V mission with my shadow tank. The way I do gf stuff is to leave every mission ticked, I feel comfortable to play all the missions after having done every fp a few times before so know the bosses/pulls etc.

I get a gf pop with me as 31 shadow tank, 39 sent dps, 39 mando dps, 39 sage healer. Zone in and I guard the sent as he is best geared of the 2 dps.

I set off through the forest avoiding all the fights where possible. At the first research station I ask people if they want the bonus, 2 of them do, the 3rd doesn't mind so I set off towards the research station. You know how it works, run over to it, enemies spring up, everybody stands near station and don't bother shooting, just blow up the station and kill them all.

^ that doesn't happen. I run over and the beasties come out of the ground. I wait by station when the mando dps fires a mortar volley. He therefore has aggro, but so what? all he needs to do is stand near the station and click it, problem solved. He doesn't he kites them away from the station where the sent now jumps in and sweeps.

The healer hasn't been using their speeder so are further back. This first station is just past a bridge that has 2 elite animals on it and 3 imps. In order to get 2 these 2 dps who are dragging the 7 or so standards away from the explosive thing he runs across the bridge, pulling both elite creatures and the 3 imps.

I can see where this is going, and I start to realise none of these 3 know the fights, so I get started. I go and grab aggro from the enemies on the bridge, pop some dcd's as its clear the healer is more interested in force quaking the 7 standards than healing the shadow who has 2 elites and 3 strongs on them.

Ofc by now you would think 2 lvl 39 dps and a lvl 39 healer burning 7 standards with aoe's would have killed them...nope, god knows how but they are all still around 40% hp. I run in and throw my own aoe aggro whore (force breach) afew of the lightsabre attacks that hit everything and grab aggro on all the standards too.

Good, after abit of a shoddy start I now have all the aggro and, tbh most of the standards are nearly dead now. But finishing things off just isn't the sent or mando's style, and why should the sage bother healing? All 7 standards are left with around 2% hp left each, my force is too low for another aoe lightsabre attack, my force breack is on cd, so I can't aoe-wipe the standards. Now both dps and the healer are burning down 3 seperate targets, healer on 1 elite beast, dps mando on another elite beast and the sent thrashing away at 1 strong.

Fair to say, its a bloody shambles. But nobody dies (though I get no heals so I am damn close). I ask the group to please speak up if they are new to this mission (nobody says anything) and to fight 1 group at a time (mainly aimed at the healer for pulling things on the bridge. Healer apolosiges, says it was lag and we set off.

I carry on through the forest in such a way that we avoid the fights, the sent and sage follow suit, though we go on foot as it turns out the sage has no speeder. The mando however, he doesn't follow me and pulls groups, but not accidentally by running too close, but deliberately, shooting at them.

I switch guard to the mando who seems they are going to become an issue and decide to find out why the dps is so poor. At the start I looked at the hp of these 3 lvl 39's but I never bothered comparing it to what hp should be at those lvls (tbh I don't know whereabouts hp should be at certain levels) though I do see that all 3 of these lvl 39's have lower gear ratings than my lvl 31 shadow.

The entire run pretty much follows this as, although I suggest people follow me, don't pull, etc I get ignored and end up just fixing the shambles left behind by the mando constantly pulling. Still at least I learnt that a decent shadow tank rotation can pull off anyone.

Met rather an annoying sith assassin. I zone in for HM mando with my jugg tank. Theres sin dps, merc dps and sorc healer.

I get going and the sin suddenly asks us to wait, so I stop. After a while he gives out instructions on how we can enter his parsec or whatever. I state I cant be bothered. the merc dps is happy to join him, the sorc isn't bothered. The sin refuses to move until we are all on his parsec. The sorc joins just to get us going, I still don't care. We are all geared around the same level, I set off to start the first pull.

I pull and people start attacking, the sin runs in and overloads. This pretty much sets the tone, its overload on CD, however what makes him really annoying is how obsessed with parse he is. At first he referrs to me as a noob because I am apparently scared of demonstrating my aweful output compared to what someone of his skill can do. I ask him if he is so skilled why is he using overload. I finally found someone who gives a reason.

"yeah it does less damage but hits more people, therefore as long as I hit 4+ people with it then I do more damage than using a single target attack."

I ask him not to but he carries on. He constantly referrs to me as the scared noob who doesn't want people to see my poor damage output. Tbh since when has good tanking got anything to do with my parse. The point is I am generally holding aggro despite this guy splitting groups and, yes, my damage is probably lower than the 2 dps, but so what?

The most annoying thing though is this sin at the end of every pull writes

"sin: <parse value>, merc: <parse value>, healer: <parse value>, tank: scared noob" at the end of every pull, and uses this information to demonstrate how great he is at dps, right before opening with overload.

I decide to troll him abit so I speed up the pace. I am now pulling faster and sin is getting annoyed: "don't pull until I am in melee range, its unfair if the ranged people get a head start on me on the parse." I keep quiet and carry on pulling before he gets close to groups. The sin is really annoyed now and stops to flame me. Myself, the healer and the merc dps carry on pulling and killing trash while the sin rants. It goes along the lines of:

You are too noob to out dps me and you know it, you all know I am carrying you, I hate carrying stupid noobs, especially tanks who don't even have parsec (tbh I didn't think it was very common anyway). Part way through the sin now starts abusing the healer for how little healing and damage they do. I pipe up again to point out we are all finishing the fights with 90%+ hp, so the healer is spot on.

Yet again this annoys the sin who goes on about "what would you know noob tank, you need me to carry your sorry behind through this, you lot would have wiped loads without me." I get fed up now so I instruct him that theres more to the group aspect of this game than high numbers. I point out a bunched up group can be tanked easier, that a bunched up group can be burnt down more easily. I then throw a vote kick on him, it goes through and the sin starts flaming that all us noobs will be begging him to come back when we get stuck on the next pull without him. I leave one more "you ought to learn how to do group content rather than obsessing about numbers".

For the rest of the mission I get rude and sometimes funny (because he is clearly having a tantrum) whispers from this bloke about how he does much more damage than me (well durr, im a tank). It seems some people don't realise that group missions are about more than who has the highest numbers.

Had an abortive run of HM Cademimu. Caution, "scare quotes" ahead.

I was on my Scrapper Scoundrel (36k HP) along with a Combat Sentinel, a Guardian tank, and a Sage "healer" (28k HP). We zone in, agree to make it a quickish run but still get the bonus, and start clearing trash.

On the second pull, I notice that the tank ends up pretty low due to lack of heals. The Sage asks me if I'm specced into the left-hand tree. I tell him no, I'm specced in the middle tree, Scrapper, and ask him why. He's all like "no reason, just curious". I ask him what his spec is and get a few question marks in response. I queued only as DPS because I didn't feel like healing just then, I'm slotted as DPS, and he's slotted as healer, but I'm starting to suspect...

We get down the elevator and manage to have the tank and the "healer" die on one of the mobs down there. The Sent and I survived with slivers of health. The Sent sees the writing on the wall, makes up an excuse, and bails. The Sage says he wants another healer to help. I offer to respec to healer, no response. I ask the Sage what skill tree most of his points are in and he's like: "silly me, they're in the middle tree!"

We requeue and get another Sage DPS. The "healer" Sage is all like "oh good, so-and-so is here to heal" so I assume he got a friend to queue in and heal, so despite the fact that I've now been slotted as healer (changed my role selections in the requeue screen) I stay DPS and decide to just go with it.

We proceed to wipe badly due to lack of heals. The "healer" says something and the DPS Sage is all "wait, you thought I was healing? I'm DPS!" The "healer" then looks at the role icons for the first time, I guess, and is all like "Chaga [me] is healer, right?"

At which point, I apologize to the tank for dropping, say "sod this, not going to waste my time dealing with a guy who queues as the wrong role and doesn't even have the decency to admit it" and /quit because it's dinner time and I'm seriously cheesed at this point.

Met rather an annoying sith assassin. I zone in for HM mando with my jugg tank. Theres sin dps, merc dps and sorc healer.

I get going and the sin suddenly asks us to wait, so I stop. After a while he gives out instructions on how we can enter his parsec or whatever. I state I cant be bothered. the merc dps is happy to join him, the sorc isn't bothered. The sin refuses to move until we are all on his parsec. The sorc joins just to get us going, I still don't care. We are all geared around the same level, I set off to start the first pull.

I pull and people start attacking, the sin runs in and overloads. This pretty much sets the tone, its overload on CD, however what makes him really annoying is how obsessed with parse he is. At first he referrs to me as a noob because I am apparently scared of demonstrating my aweful output compared to what someone of his skill can do. I ask him if he is so skilled why is he using overload. I finally found someone who gives a reason.

"yeah it does less damage but hits more people, therefore as long as I hit 4+ people with it then I do more damage than using a single target attack."

I ask him not to but he carries on. He constantly referrs to me as the scared noob who doesn't want people to see my poor damage output. Tbh since when has good tanking got anything to do with my parse. The point is I am generally holding aggro despite this guy splitting groups and, yes, my damage is probably lower than the 2 dps, but so what?

The most annoying thing though is this sin at the end of every pull writes

"sin: <parse value>, merc: <parse value>, healer: <parse value>, tank: scared noob" at the end of every pull, and uses this information to demonstrate how great he is at dps, right before opening with overload.

I decide to troll him abit so I speed up the pace. I am now pulling faster and sin is getting annoyed: "don't pull until I am in melee range, its unfair if the ranged people get a head start on me on the parse." I keep quiet and carry on pulling before he gets close to groups. The sin is really annoyed now and stops to flame me. Myself, the healer and the merc dps carry on pulling and killing trash while the sin rants. It goes along the lines of:

You are too noob to out dps me and you know it, you all know I am carrying you, I hate carrying stupid noobs, especially tanks who don't even have parsec (tbh I didn't think it was very common anyway). Part way through the sin now starts abusing the healer for how little healing and damage they do. I pipe up again to point out we are all finishing the fights with 90%+ hp, so the healer is spot on.

Yet again this annoys the sin who goes on about "what would you know noob tank, you need me to carry your sorry behind through this, you lot would have wiped loads without me." I get fed up now so I instruct him that theres more to the group aspect of this game than high numbers. I point out a bunched up group can be tanked easier, that a bunched up group can be burnt down more easily. I then throw a vote kick on him, it goes through and the sin starts flaming that all us noobs will be begging him to come back when we get stuck on the next pull without him. I leave one more "you ought to learn how to do group content rather than obsessing about numbers".

For the rest of the mission I get rude and sometimes funny (because he is clearly having a tantrum) whispers from this bloke about how he does much more damage than me (well durr, im a tank). It seems some people don't realise that group missions are about more than who has the highest numbers.

If only I could transfer my Vanguard to the imp side on your server just to teach this scrub a lesson

Edited by TACeMossie

The sin refuses to move until we are all on his parsec. The sorc joins just to get us going, I still don't care.

That's the point where I would have initiated a vote kick. And no way would I have put up with all his subsequent abusive and juvenile behaviour and inconsiderate play style, you have a lot more tolerance than me.

That's the point where I would have initiated a vote kick. And no way would I have put up with all his subsequent abusive and juvenile behaviour and inconsiderate play style, you have a lot more tolerance than me.

Bob is patience descending upon us :p Really, I doubt many would put up with half the **** he put up...

Always loved the special kind of children in MMOs that use meters as batons for the entire group. But that is yet another example of the weidos on your server. Seriously, which server is this?

ToFN

If your looking for stories of this calibur I suggest running alongside (though don't join, or you will be judged by others) the following guilds (I don't know if I can name and shame so I will give anagrams and clues):

Imp: Dokav and Kalibvaa (a strong alcholic drink and a russian word, I assume, it sounds russian)

Rep: Solt Zoyb (If you are in the middle of nowhere with no map you are ...., plural of people who are not girls, incorrectly spelt)

As for the sin parsec addict I must admit that was the first time in the 1 year I have been playing that this has happened. Having said that I would probably say if your looking for bads, ToFN wont disappoint. If I had to put a number to it I would say about 15% of the fp runs I have ever done were done alongside 3 other competent people. There is almost always 1 bad.

Bob is patience descending upon us :p Really, I doubt many would put up with half the **** he put up...

Tbh with the regularity of bads I meet I find I quickly build a tolerance and acceptance that if I want my comms I am going to have to put up with it.

As for the 15% figure the "competent" bar is set quite high. For example I will consider someone incompetent just for consistantly pulling ahead of the tank, even if it never results in any deaths and nobody complains, I will still stick that in the 85% pile. I suppose this makes me a snob but as far as I see it, we have a tank, we might as well use them.

Edited by BobFredJohn

ToFN

If your looking for stories of this calibur I suggest running alongside (though don't join, or you will be judged by others) the following guilds (I don't know if I can name and shame so I will give anagrams and clues):

Imp: Dokav and Kalibvaa (a strong alcholic drink and a russian word, I assume, it sounds russian)

Rep: Solt Zoyb (If you are in the middle of nowhere with no map you are ...., plural of people who are not girls, incorrectly spelt)

As for the sin parsec addict I must admit that was the first time in the 1 year I have been playing that this has happened. Having said that I would probably say if your looking for bads, ToFN wont disappoint. If I had to put a number to it I would say about 15% of the fp runs I have ever done were done alongside 3 other competent people. There is almost always 1 bad.

Sounds even worse than Begeren Colony, although BC really does seem to have improved a bunch in recent months (that guild that I mentioned before has admirably "culled the herd," and even ended up recruiting one of my Snipers! Lol, totally un-intended, I assure you --a prime example of "Life happens" :))

Overall, though, I gotta ask:

OMG, where the f do you find these people???!!!

Did you have a lot of bad karma stored up from a previous life or something :confused:

Edited by midianlord

I would be ready to bet that even your Jugg tank did more dps than this noob.

I decided to comment Overload/FW spam once in KDY.

"How much damage that thing does?" (I know but haven't paid enough attention to it, tbh)

"XXXX but it knocks mobs around."

"So, it's basically worse than my Twin Saber Throw?"

"Yeah..."

They stopped spamming Force Wave.