The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Just had a beautiful comparison between good and bad.

HM czerka core on my sorc healer. The tank is a PT with 53k hp (clearly endurance stacked). This PT opens their tanking rotation with DFA every time, then switches to focus on the strongest enemy in the pull. They then proceed to ranged tank 1 enemy in the pull while I pull aggro on everything else. Of course with a tank this aweful you probably know where the guard was...healer.

Then there was a HM mando run. The tank is PT again, 32k hp. He puts guard on a dps from the start (the first time I have ever seen a tank on my server guard a dps without needing aggro explained). This tank guarded the high geared sorc dps. He held aggro brilliantly.

However there is always a bad penny in every group. Like I said the tank held aggro perfectly, the mara and sorc dps may take 1 or 2 shots but it was fixed quickly. This didn't stop the mara popping undying rage on CD (even when we are just running between pulls or in a fight in which the PT has all the aggro and nobody else is getting touched. This results in the maras hp suddenly dropping to 50%.

For the first few pulls I assumed they just had really low defence and were being hit hard by something the PT missed. As such I would start healing the mara. It was a few pulls in I noticed what was happening so stopped healing them. They don't bother using channel hatred and instead run off trying to beat the tank to the next pull (the tank managed to stay ahead of the mara by moving on from each pull a few seconds early such as when the last enemy in the pull is on 5% the tank then moves off).

After the next 3 casts the mara is at 12% hp (50, 25, 12). During the next pull they pop it again, dropping to 6%. after the pull they start to run off after the tank not bothering to channel hatred. They then stop to start typing:

mara: (puts vote kick on me) "we need someone who can actually heal not this useless noob"

tank: "Im having no hp issues"

mara: "look at my hp!!!"

tank: (seems he has also noticed what was happening) "you must be joking"

me: "sorry, I assumed hes using undying rage on cd so I didn't bother healing him"

tank: "yeah"

me: (I don't know 2 of the 3 mara skill trees) "is it part of his rotation?"

tank: "nope"

me: "why is he doing it?"

tank: "hes a mara"

me: "oh, of course, that explains it all"

mara: "you *********** noobs going to heal me"

me: "no"

Mara tries to kick me again, doesn't go through. The PT tells the mara to fall in line, listen up and learn, or they are kicked. They stay quiet for the rest of the mission, and never use undying rage for the rest of the fp. At the end when we say our goodbyes the mara tells us hes putting the tank and healer on ignore, he is not going to carry noobs like us 2.

Edited by BobFredJohn

There reaches a point where they are actually trolls right? Trying to get into this thread? I mean, people cannot be that blatantly stupid, can they? How does that person breathe and play at the same time? I'd think they'd don't have enough brain cells to generate enough heat to work both base body functions and semi-higher-level cognitive skills at the same time?

You'd think so, but yesterday I ran across a sentinel who was in Juyo form, watchman spec cos he was using Merciless Slash, but who didn't put a single DoT up on any mob, resulting in godawful DPS. When asked about this by myself (tanking) and the healer, he replied that he didn't use them cos DoTs are "weak". This was his only argument against using them. In the end, tired of the ignorance I lost my rag and told him to either "read a guide or spec combat", to which he replied I should play my own game, and promptly quit the group.

Yeah, alright, I was a bit condescending with my final remark to him, but refusing to use the skills that the entire Watchman tree is built around? Baffling. Once he quit we got in a TK sage who, oddly enough, was quite happy to use TKW and Turbulence.

yesterday, group finder, red reaper. lv 40 to 45.

in the beginning, the healer DC and didnt come back. we decided to move on, but thought no chance, its a hard FP because of so many mobs in the beginning. So we, a guardian tank, me a wtchman sentinel and a shadow went on. surprisingly we beat the FP without dying once. And we even forgot to call a companion for half the FP. We got Doc later.

we laughed, because we all had a lot of runs in the past WITH a healer and wiped. You know, the first few rooms. and it was super fast too. All of us used their whole arsenal of CC, interrupts and DCDs. The tank had 80 percent life left at the jumping boss and we had no healer not even the comp. guardian tank is OP :-)

Edited by ishbindeinvater

I play on my Sentinel quite rarely and the gearing process is casual at best, so I keep myself to the occasional SM Operation and hard mode Flashpoints. Due to having a number of alts, the Sentinel does, however, have the four piece Dread Forged set bonus and I've put in enough effort to reach 100% melee Accuracy (I mostly do Combat, I have extra Accuracy in spare gear for doing Smash) and all that. I zoned into hard mode Cademimu and see I was lucky enough to get into a guild run. Already before the first fight the tank tells me I should not be queueing to hard mode Flashpoints without fully augmenting my gear. I got confused, had a look at my gear and realised my other implant was one of those Microfilament ones and there for I had not bothered to augment it, because I would be getting an upgrade soon enough. All in all, 36k HP, only one 180 armour slot with Crit, just enough Accuracy, rest Surge and Might augments (around half blue, half purple), 180 mainhand, 168 offhand and then various 162-168 pieces in other slots.

Needless to say, I was flabbergasted by this comment, especially since I was arguably the better geared of the two DPS. While I was contemplating what to respond , the tank starts the fight. This go smoothly for the most part, but I start ripping aggro from pretty much all the Elite enemies in my burst phase. No guard, no nothing, but no deaths either. We finish the Flashpoint with zero deaths and apart from the aggro ripping it was a fine, smooth run. Once we kill Ortol, I thank everyone for the group and zone out. Went to get a drink at this point and when I come back, I see the tank has sent me two more whispers, both telling me to get fully augmented before running HM FP's again.

I play on my Sentinel quite rarely and the gearing process is casual at best, so I keep myself to the occasional SM Operation and hard mode Flashpoints. Due to having a number of alts, the Sentinel does, however, have the four piece Dread Forged set bonus and I've put in enough effort to reach 100% melee Accuracy (I mostly do Combat, I have extra Accuracy in spare gear for doing Smash) and all that. I zoned into hard mode Cademimu and see I was lucky enough to get into a guild run. Already before the first fight the tank tells me I should not be queueing to hard mode Flashpoints without fully augmenting my gear. I got confused, had a look at my gear and realised my other implant was one of those Microfilament ones and there for I had not bothered to augment it, because I would be getting an upgrade soon enough. All in all, 36k HP, only one 180 armour slot with Crit, just enough Accuracy, rest Surge and Might augments (around half blue, half purple), 180 mainhand, 168 offhand and then various 162-168 pieces in other slots.

Needless to say, I was flabbergasted by this comment, especially since I was arguably the better geared of the two DPS. While I was contemplating what to respond , the tank starts the fight. This go smoothly for the most part, but I start ripping aggro from pretty much all the Elite enemies in my burst phase. No guard, no nothing, but no deaths either. We finish the Flashpoint with zero deaths and apart from the aggro ripping it was a fine, smooth run. Once we kill Ortol, I thank everyone for the group and zone out. Went to get a drink at this point and when I come back, I see the tank has sent me two more whispers, both telling me to get fully augmented before running HM FP's again.

Hahaha, guess he wanted a hard time holding aggro, then. Or he had no idea of the gear lvl needed for HM FPs. Or both. :D

Seriously, though, up to now I have yet to fully augment my set on a single character. :eek:

The moddable pieces yeah, they are my priority and get augmented pretty fast with augments and augment kits I make myself. Implants, earpiece and relics, however, change so fast I don't see a good reason to bother. :confused:

Only non-moddable pieces I augmented up to now are my Sorcs' Brutalizer relics, and mostly because I use them both in PvP and PvE - they beat Arkanian 162 rating anyway, so little sense switching or bothering to get those. ;)

As a side note on that regard, had an interesting comment on said Sorc not too long ago, perhaps around tuesday or the like. I queued for a HM FP and got a Cademimu.

We zone in, and I obviously have my Brutalizer relics on. Everything else is PvE, with 180 rating MH and OH, both augmented, same goes or everything that has to do with armor. 168 rating implants, 180 earpiece.

Now, you'd think noone would say anything, but the Tank must have inspected me and noticed the small Expertise amount. He commented in Group on how PvPers should stick to PvP or get decent gear. I was kind of surpriseded, because the gear he and the others had was quite lower than what I had on. :cool:

Funny thing is, I got no guard, he preferred to place it on the 156 rating gear Sniper we got with us instead. Need I mention it? I tanked pretty much everything below Elite. :D

Still, nothing to do, he never accepted that Brutalizer Relics have a better effect than 162 rating PvE Arkanians. Not even when I linked it to him in Group so he and the others could see it with their eyes :p

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Still, nothing to do, he never accepted that Brutalizer Relics have a better effect than 162 rating PvE Arkanians. Not even when I linked it to him in Group so he and the others could see it with their eyes :p

Chances are when you linked it he did realise he was wrong. But you know what his type are like. They will get proven wrong but will continue to argue their point to save face (which infact just makes them seem even more stupid).

As for the whole augmenting stuff, I have yet to get a fully augmented set on any character what-so-ever (the grade 9 purple sliced tech things take a long time to get with crew skills).

Just had an interesting false emperor run. At the start the tank asks if people will point out where the HK part is. I agree to then off we go...

Im on my lvl 51 merc healer (15k), theres lvl 53 jugg tank (16k), lvl 54 mara (20k) dps and lvl 52 sin dps (15k).

We set off, tank in the lead but he hasn't guarded anyone. The first pull of 1 elite the mara pulls off the tank. Second pull the tank tunnel visions, so do both the dps so I get 4 standards, 2 strongs and 1 elite on me.

Now being a healer who has just pulled aggro and the tank doesn't seem to care there are 2 options:

1. Moan in chat like a little baby about how bad the tank is, and be a general d*ck to the tank
  2. Deal with it myself

I go for the second option. I cc the elite droid, stun a strong sith, put explosive dart on a standard enemy, pop my energy shield and kolto overload etc..... After the pull we carry on in silence.

This sets the tone for every pull. I end up with heaps of aggro and fight them off long enough for the dps and tank to do something (usually "something" consists of killing them 1 at a time while they continue to beat on me).

First boss, the thing on the bridge. Both dps go grab adds, tanks tunnel visions the boss. when the boss does his aggro dump and horrible red circle the tank doesn't taunt, instead moving away from the boss to stay out of the circle. This results in either me or the dps getting the boss on our backside. Once the red circle is gone the tank taunts.

This goes on pretty much forever. At one point (afew pulls before the 2 large droids boss where 1 goes invincible at a time) I get a guard put on me. I suggest it should go on the mara who keeps pulling off the tank, but get no reply so I switch guard off myself. The tank tells me I need the guard to stop me being hit. Tbh I am not in the mood to go about explaining aggro to him, but I just silently switch it off and he doesn't re-apply it.

We get to the end of the mission with only 1 death (me, the trash pull inbetween the hk fight and the conversation, in which the 4 turrets, 3 standards and 1 elite droid overwhelm me), say our goodbyes and exit.

I set about what I was doing before entering and get a whisper from the tank of the group giving me a link. I open it up and its a Dulfy page on how to merc heal. I close it down and reply to the tank that I don't need it (the only death was me dying so why it matters to him I don't know). However he isn't happy.

tank: "you need to sort out your aggro generation, stop using attacks and just use heals"

me: "I only used attacks on enemies I already had aggro on and that was to keep me alive, the only person who ripped off you was the mara"

tank: "you kept getting hit and refused my guard, I thought you might appreciate a website that can teach you how you should do it"

me: "my healing is fine thank you very much, I suggest you jump on a jugg tanking guide"

tank: "I have tanked ops with my guild, I know what I am doing"

me (who always gets annoyed with the "I am pro because I went into an op" argument): "I suggest you either read a guide or ask someone in the guild to teach some tanking basics, for example on the final boss you should have tanked with your back to the wall"

random person: "L2P, L2 Heal and piss off"

me: "who are you"

random person: "Im his guild leader, he says your accusing him of tanking rubbishly"

me: "I never meant it rudely, its just he doesn't know what hes doing, he could certainly improve with just afew sentences of advice, its just he wont listen to me so I suggest he ask his guild"

random person: "piss off"

He then put me on ignore, allowing me to carry on with what I was doing.

Edited by BobFredJohn

He then put me on ignore, allowing me to carry on with what I was doing.

The blind leading the blind. Although I would've sent a whisper to the tank telling him that tanking KP SM with a full group of 55's with said level of gear doesn't equate to him knowing what he's doing :p

The massive number of new 55s from the class mission fast forward has made for some epicaly bad groups recently. In one of the more amusing recent encounters I was finishing up daily 55 HM, 50 HM, tactical Conquest Point group finder on my tank (44kish 180 geared Shadow). CZ Corp Labs tactical pops. Annoyingly with another tank. Normally I'll decline there as they tend to go slow with two tanks but I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't feel like requeuing.

Pop in other tank has about 20K HP. PVP flagged and in a mix of PVP and green gear. Others are relatively well geared. ehh its CL tactical so I wasn't too worried. We even had a healer. Off to the races I go.

Quickly clear all the trash to get to the first key. Someone goes into the room to get first key so I pop over to the ramp to drop down and get the third key. I figure with 3 of them including one tank and a healer they can clean up the one group they have to kill at the bottom of the ramp to get the second key.

Drop down, up the rope, go to get the third key. Grab it as soon as combat stops, heal up and down to the floor. Then I notice they are clearing all the way down.... *sigh* ok. I politely ask " Any reason you guys are clearing all of the trash? Most of that is skippable." Get some incoherent answer from the wannabe tank about how they have to get the key and they can't stealth".

Huh?

Ok. Whatever. They finally drop down. I start the fight we clear the boss pretty easily though for some reason they were running out from boss like it was HM.

Back to the races. Continue clearing. Shortly before last boss, wannabe tank asks "what my *********** hurry is"? Huh? I've never had anyone complain in a tactical about a tank moving too fast. I replay, "huh? It's a 55 tactical. We're fine". He replies with an obscenity laden stream about how me moving so fast made it not fun for him and to slow down. At this point we are actually at the boss door for last boss. Healer asks him "Can't you say anything that isn't laden with obscenities? " I just reply to his demand that I slow down, with "No.". We start the last boss, and now dipwit starts taunting off me.

I pretty much ignore him, let him have his 6 seconds of aggro every now and then and we down the boss. At this point in time I'm feeling pretty snarky so I throw him on ignore, type in Party chat "Thanks to 2 of you for the group and thanks to the other for giving me an entry on my ignore list."

I actually love to screw with PUGs when running HM FPs. My favorite is when I pull the sand boss on Meltdown. If I run with my guildie healing (I am "tanking", but really a DPS) I just keep the boss in the middle and just burn him, completely ignoring the sandstorm. Usually the other 2 PUG dps freak out and start telling us to move him to the generator. We ignore them and continue to burn the boss while my guildie out-heals the sandstorm damage (yes on HM). When the boss dies, the PUGs are completely shocked that it worked, no one died and most of the time our health never dropped below 75%.

I have also healed the sand boss on my mando ignoring the generators. Trauma probe and kolto bomb make that sandstorm damage more like lol-mode, not hard mode. One of the parses was something like 5.5k+ effective heals.

That's fine to kill the boss that way but that is a total "tank" type of thing to do. Not telling the DPS what you're going to do. It takes a special kind of a-hole to be a tank.

Just had the ultimate weird experience today:

Czerka Core Meltdown HC with assa tank, merc and operative dd, 38-41k, and a 19k (fully buffed) op healer.

No snippy comments, no quitting, no vote-kicking, just a quick run, not a single off-heal from my op dd, and I didn't notice anything from the merc either, even at the desert boss everyone's health was comfortably high, everyone did their job, taunts and threat drops happened where appropriate, adds had plenty of reason to ignore the healer. Greed rolls on everything except on cunning gear, then the "big ones" passed.

In short a perfect run, that, judging from this thread, should happen only among guildies. Weird eh? :p

Edited by Mubrak

Lost Island sm on my merc healer, alongside a lvl 52 jugg tank, lvl 50 mara (slightly undergeared, 8k hp) and lvl 51 op dps. Zone in and I state I am new to the latter part of the mission. The tank admits to being new to all of it.

We set off and mara pulls before the tank up until the first boss. The tank stops and asks what the fight is like, I tell him its tank and spank with a lot of aoe circles. He pulls, we kill it no issues. From here on the tank gets to pull everything.

We get to the droid boss, I let them know the tactics with 1 sentence "adds, carry sticky aoe to the side, avoid fire floor". Tank pulls and we kill it no issues.

We set off and I let the group know we are about to meet trash enemies who have an ability called terminate, they should interrupt where possible. This is generally followed, I reckon of all the pulls there were probably only 3-4 termination shots actually fired at us.

Get to sav rak, I tell the group to stand under him when it says he will smash and the 3 of them (I am healer) split up and take 1 pipe each when he jumps up. Theres a mistake made on his first smash in which both dps and myself get knocked off, tank lets himself die, we run back and start again. Kill it second time round.

I now let the group know we are beyond where I got to last time I did this and I don't know any more of it. The op dps takes over.

Get to some block of ice near a bonus objective. The op takes a while to explain things, for example with this boss whos frozen in ice they say "when he does special attack you move anywhere, can attack but don't cast, keep going anywhere you want move constantly." To clarify I paraphrase this to "kite special attack". The tank pulls and we down it easily.

Get to the final boss and the op spends about 4 minutes explaining it. At the end of the explanation I manage to sum it up with 1 sentence "phase 1 = aoe's/ clouds - move away, phase 2 = turn boss away from group, phase 3 = burn and cleanse." We get in, the op apologises a little of the way in, stating they had forgotten it had adds but it doesn't cause us any issues, we down it first time.

Strange run in that everyone was willing to listen (even a mara), learn and nobody started throwing blame around when we wiped once on sav rak. Apart from some rather long winded explanations everything went smoothly despite being in a group in which 3/4 didn't know the whole mission.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Had a silly one the other night in SM Boarding Party. Jugg tank, Sorc healer, and Mara (me) and PT DPS. Tank puts guard on me (I was 5 levels higher than her). We clear out the first room and sometime during the healer types "Guard Please" in chat. I don't know if the tank was going to guard swap or not but the healer ends up dcing at the end of the first room.

We wait around for 5 minutes or so but the heals doesn't reconnect. She is still visible on the map, and there is no red bar through her portrait or anything so we wonder if she didn't alt+f4 or something. Either way we wait around in que for a bit before we decide to try it without a healer.

Trash is slow due to regenning in between packs, but are no problem, first boss no problem (the tank waits to taunt after the droid changes topic to split damage which was clever), we attempt the boss with the two droid pets but end up dieing horrendously. After we respawn the tank then realizes how not very bright we've been and reminds everyone that there are only three of us and we all have healing companions. XD

Rest of the flashpoint goes without a hitch, and we even got a real healer for the bonus/final boss.^^

Already before the first fight the tank tells me I should not be queueing to hard mode Flashpoints without fully augmenting my gear. I got confused, had a look at my gear and realised my other implant was one of those Microfilament ones and there for I had not bothered to augment it, because I would be getting an upgrade soon enough. All in all, 36k HP, only one 180 armour slot with Crit, just enough Accuracy, rest Surge and Might augments (around half blue, half purple), 180 mainhand, 168 offhand and then various 162-168 pieces in other slots.

Sounds like that type of player who feels compelled to find some small fault that they can then use to put the other player down. Insecurity I guess. We have one in my guild, who even manages to put other guildies down for achieving nightmare progression. "Oh, but you won't be able to clear it again next week, your dps is way too low".

Had this today on my 55 DPS sent on False Emperor. Was running dailies whilst I had the group finder looking, took quite awhile before it popped but it finally did. We all join and we have a TANK Guardian, Commando Healer, a DPS Sent (me) and a DPS Slinger. We all enter and board and despite the TANK only having around 16000hp I’m not concerned because both us DPS and the Healer are well geared so could carry. Once we’re all there we wait for the tank to lead us forward and after quite awhile he just stands there jumping around doing nothing and I quickly realize that someone is probably a DPS but said TANK to get a game quicker. I ask what we are waiting for and the Tank says he doesn’t want to TANK and wants to DPS instead and if me or the other DPS could Tank instead….

This is the first time since playing a DPS class I’ve ever had a TANK who was a DPS but queued as TANK just to get a pop and I must say it’s VERY annoying. Me and the other DPS had to wait in queue so why can’t you?

Sounds like that type of player who feels compelled to find some small fault that they can then use to put the other player down. Insecurity I guess. We have one in my guild, who even manages to put other guildies down for achieving nightmare progression. "Oh, but you won't be able to clear it again next week, your dps is way too low".

What a ray of sunshine that fellow must be. And I know the gear wasn't perfect, but far better than required for the content and I, for the most part, know my stuff. At least the FP itself went without a hitch, so we all got our dailies, etc.

Had this today on my 55 DPS sent on False Emperor. Was running dailies whilst I had the group finder looking, took quite awhile before it popped but it finally did. We all join and we have a TANK Guardian, Commando Healer, a DPS Sent (me) and a DPS Slinger. We all enter and board and despite the TANK only having around 16000hp I’m not concerned because both us DPS and the Healer are well geared so could carry. Once we’re all there we wait for the tank to lead us forward and after quite awhile he just stands there jumping around doing nothing and I quickly realize that someone is probably a DPS but said TANK to get a game quicker. I ask what we are waiting for and the Tank says he doesn’t want to TANK and wants to DPS instead and if me or the other DPS could Tank instead….

This is the first time since playing a DPS class I’ve ever had a TANK who was a DPS but queued as TANK just to get a pop and I must say it’s VERY annoying. Me and the other DPS had to wait in queue so why can’t you?

Yup, that's annoying. I would recommend explaining to the DPS why that's a rude thing to do, then votekicking them. If you see them do it a 2nd time, then put them on ignore.

16k hp is NOT undergeared for level 50 HM FPs, however (it might even count as overgeared).