Rate the best class stories

AGSThomas

I have not played trooper, smuggler, imperial agent (still in chapter 1):

1- Sith Warrior: great story that has twists, deception and interesting characters. Baras alone is worth playing the story for.

2- Sith inquisitor: the progression in this story from slave, apprentice, knight, lord then darth feels very interesting. It has several draw backs, but its good overall.

3- Bounty Hunter: not very interesting. Barely any twists in plot. I liked companions though. Again, it has the feeling of progression as the sith inquisitor, just not as dynamic.

4- Jedi Knight: chapter one was really good, then it fell flat. It is also over dramatic. Kira is the most interesting companion.

5- Jedi Consular: the story starts boring then gets worse. Worst companions hands down.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. IA - Just the best story to play.

2. SW - Loved this story line. Gets slow here and there, but generally, it's awesome.

3. SI - Great story here, a few weak moments, but always pretty fun.

4. Smuggler - It's been pretty fun so far, not done with it just yet.

5. NA

6. NA

7. NA

8. JC - Boring as hell.

I role played the Jedi Consular as a spy planted by my imperial family, since I was stubbornly good-natured and would not have made it past the Sith academy. [some back story events dropped for brevity] Pa-pa's last words before parting "be wary of those Jedi zealots indoctrinating those poor children into becoming self-sacrificing fools who place others above themselves. You are every bit as important as anyone else, even more so to your family. If their philosophy gets you killed or gravely injured, we'll hunt down every last person you helped and end them". So, as the story progressed, simply by my own inaction, I did more damage to the Jedi Order and the Republic than all my Imperial characters combined; the list of dead Jedi knights and masters was startling. And, as a bonus, the Emperor was weakened, thus increasing the odds of our clan/family's desire to displace him; plus, I could subvert the the Rift Alliance army our our ends if necessary as they pledged their loyalty to me more so than the Jedi or the Republic. Needless to say, Pa-pa was WELL pleased! I intend to stay on as long as my cover is secure. And, as Pa-pa notes, any Sith I slay to keep my cover were obviously unworthy of life. So, my Jedi Consular story, combined with a predetermined character personality and back story, resulted in quite the unexpected experience. Edited by Vil-lynne

1. IA

2. Sith Warrior

3. Smuggler/Sith Inquisitor

4. Bounty Hunter [i love being a Baroness!]

5. Trooper

Still working on JK and JC - I have not been able to get the same degree of immersion from these stories as the others. May do IA again from a different perspective - it has many plot twists that make the repeat viable as a fresh story.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't played much, and my main char is only level 28 but so far:

Smuggler (my main): I've loved it so far. Mixed light/dark. Dark choices usually are taking bribes, stealing/selling things to people for the black market. Light choices are helping out women/kids and not betraying contacts. Doesn't like the empire, isn't a huge fan of the republic (yet) and just wants lots of credits. It worked really well for the starter planet, Capital world and Taris but once i got to Nar Shadda i noticed the dialogue was a bit different. On many occasions i couldn't just accept a quest by saying i want money or my fee will be expensive. Instead i had options to sound like a noble, good guy who wants to help or just a jerk who doesn't care about anything and refuse and thats just not how i been playing my smug so far so its a bit of a let down but i'm not nearly done with it yet.

Bounty hunter: Fun so far just being a professional. Whatever the job is i do exactly what i was told, light or darkside.

Knight: I'm enjoying being a Jedi whos more aggressive, willing to go to war and destroy the empire with the republic as opposed to defense/peaceful solution and also believes romance is not wrong. Hes not a dark jedi though, still cares about helping people and doing the everyday "good guy" stuff. I guess he reminds me of Anakin from the clone wars movie a bit. The problem is im having a hard time making it work that my master/other jedi don't sense the little darkness i have so i might re roll a pure lightside Knight.

Warrior: It was fun playing more "lightsided" in a sense that my Sith had honor, enjoyed a good fight and wanted whats best for the empire so he wasn't a dick to imperial soldiers/personal but also was loyal to Baras. That didn't work well so i deleted the character after capital world. It seems like its set up for darkside to be loyal to baras or not and for lightside just to not be.

Trooper: I liked the starter world but haven't continued since i have heard bad things. I love war movies but i was told its not like everyday war movies since your not actually in the big war much.

1) Agent - great pacing, interesting "villains," satisfying conclusion

2) Sith Warrior - classic Sith: climb the ranks, betrayal, revenge, seize power

3) Jedi Knight - classic Jedi: prove yourself, find your destiny

4) Inquisitor - interesting character arc, interesting progression

5) Smuggler - Good pacing, fun companions

6) Trooper - solid story all around

7) Bounty Hunter - starts out great, then starts to meander a bit

8) Consular - feels like this was "the last one" they had to write and they just threw it together. That isn't to say it's terrible, but of the 8, it's at or near the bottom

Here's my take on it:

#1 Warrior/Knight/Agent.

The Warrior story feels great, especially if you don't go into extremes with Light Side/Dark Side. Excellent redemption/corruption subplot in chapter1, great "bashing through power structure"/revenge theme of chapters 2 and 3. Superb male voice acting. Liked 2/5 companions, but I guess I should give Pierce a chance.

The Knight story is as cliche as you make it. Liked a Light-heavy, Grey path (Dark ending filled me with giggles). The Knight comes across as level-headed, patient, methodical, but can "do what must be done". The story is action-packed, with a couple of nice twists that don't slow down the pacing.

Agent - plenty has been written about it already. My only complaint are the companions. They're... peculiar, but peculiar doesn't always mean interesting.

#2 Consular/Inquisitor

Love the Consular's pacing and general flow. Very Jedi-like, lots of "shades of grey" moments.

The Inquisitor, while getting a lot of flak for "ghost busters" has plenty of other things going on *within* the ghostbusters stage.

#3 Smuggler/Trooper/Bounty Hunter

Smuggler story has great humor and very good companions. Trooper story is bad-arse, but the ending just kills it. Utterly underwhelming, even with the Dark Side ending.

Bounty Hunter story is, well... not something I level my second bounty-hunter for:) It's the crude humor, companions and flashy combat system that is so enticing about it.

Edited by Helig

Well the story i liked the most is also Imperial Agent. The plot was interesting thru the whole story and had nearly no downs for me. The second for me would be the Inquisitor also i am only at level 26 he has such a crazy story that it really fits to the empire.

Biggest let down was my first class aka. the consular. All the conversations of life in peace and we can solve this without fighting only to beat the **** out of thousends of people. The story overall was very jedi like but well for some reason that wasn't as appealing to me as i thought. I leveld my consular together with a knight and especially the comparison between those storylines made it obviouse for me.

Looking at all class storys empire storys where better then rep storys. (They are not bad but imo storys are much better.)

Well overall ranking also knight, bounty hunter and inquisitor are not finished jet.

1) IA

2) Inquisitor

3) Warrior

4) Knight

5) Trooper

6) Bounty hunter

7) Smuggler

8) Consular

I like going against the grain. I played both IA and Sith Warrior light side and dark side. Its a toss up between the two. Although the Agent has some really great dialogue that is just hysterical. I think the Agent and Warrior have the best voice acting in the game so even though I try other classes I keep going back to one of those 2.

Warning, Spoilers. Also, contains some influence of companions, but I focused on the story, companions are just bonuses.

1. Imperial Agent,

wage shadowy wars against powerful and influential enemies attempting to either control or destroy the Empire, finding many unique companions to help you along the way, oh, and being the most attractive female in the entirety of the Star Wars Old Republic Era (Jo Wyatt's voice acting is DIVINE), or the most seductive male. Even if the story WASN'T absolutely AMAZING in every single chapter, all canonical endings for Chapter 3 are entirely independent, and that, in and of itself, is incredible.

2. Sith Warrior,

you are the most powerful thing walking around, kill everything in your path and do what you want, no one in the entire galaxy can actually stop you for any more than ten seconds. Oh, and you can choose between Vette and Jaesa as wives, and both of them are awesome, especially the complication scene where your Sith can basically demand (even if it doesn't work) that as a Sith lord, you can have them BOTH.

3. Bounty Hunter,

find a bounty, and shoot, stab, or explode everything between you and your target. You can be honorable as you do so, honoring your target's last requests, or kill/capture them for an even greater reward and the promise that they will suffer for making you put in far more effort than you wanted to put in at times.

4. Trooper,

I haven't really finished the class storyline, but I do know of one particular choice during chapter 3, making you choose between Sergeant Jaxo, and hundreds of imprisoned soldiers which is probably the hardest decision I will ever have to make. Oh yea... and Elara Dorne, best healing companion I've worked with, and a very pretty one at that <3

5. Smuggler,

although I give this one hesitantly since the cartoonish story and general cartoonish animations are not my cup of tea, but the story itself is generally interesting, maneuvering through the criminal underworld in a cat and mouse game of kill or be killed and slowly amassing a criminal power-base.

6. Sith Inquisitor,

although I am once, it feels at times like there are not enough moments I am attempting to understand ancient arcane secrets or ancient powers so massive that an entire army will be wiped out in seconds, or even playing my rivals against each other in a brutal fashion until only one is left so weak I can waltz in and electrocute him with little to no effort and lord over the ruins...

No, instead I do what other people tell me to do, Andronikas Revel is more calculating than my inquisitor could ever even claim to be, and basically all I'm doing is cowing people under heel and getting high off of Ghosts... To the point it feels like I am an organic meatbag form of the vacuum used in Ghost Busters.

7. Jedi Consular,

going around the galaxy and using the Force to either heal sick masters, trying to keep a bunch of spoiled brats in the Republic by fighting their wars FOR THEM, or playing cat and mouse with a bunch of evil ghosts, this story does not really take enough time to understand the complexities of the universe, and I actually felt it fit the class story better to be a Jedi Shadow (which I suck at) and just slash and kill everything rather than be a protector and guardian, and that's saying something for a Jedi... It's only redemption is the fact that Nadia Grell is the best melee DPS companion in the game, focusing on channeling AoE abilities and actually ACTING like a Padawan. Also Tharan Cedrax has Deploy Holiday, which is pretty cool.

8. Jedi Knight...

It's only redeeming feature is Lord Scourge, which I consider a good companion story wise, but not all that great mechanic wise... Other than that, it's story is consistent of: Gotta kill or Neutralize Bengal Morr, gotta stop this Planet Prison-HELLO KIRA (for every other male in the game), gotta kill that evil Darth Angral, gotta secretly assault the Emperor (Do you honestly think he doesn't realize this way beforehand? He could probably have a Force Vision way before-hand and easily just wait until you exit your ship, then open the hangar bay to space and kill you, instead he lets you in so he can corrupt you in the most cliche way possible, by almost killing you and then overpowering your mind.) Gotta go stop the Emperor from killing Trillions (And he couldn't just go to Dromund Kaas and do that with the protection of the entire FLEET? I mean, he's going to kill all life in the galaxy, why not kill his fanatically loyal citizens?) and finally, GOTTA GO CAPTURE THE EMPEROR ALIVE! (Good luck trying to capture a Force Ghost without the Inquisitor! And even if you do manage to, I don't know, actually kill him, you can't really stop the ghost from just possessing someone else.)

• 4 weeks later...

Imperial Agent - I found this story to be the most entertaining. If you like the whole concept of espionage and guile then you will most likely enjoy this one. It plays out like a Dark James Bond. The story is well thought out for the concept Imperial Spy and the whole gathering intelligence and going undercover is kind of cool.

9 out of 10

Bounty Hunter - Played to level 30 and must say was disappointed. I think the story was one dimensional all it entails is finding the mark you have to kill. People say Trooper is worse but I disagree at least with Trooper you have different objectives like disarming bombs etc. The only cool part for me was freezing people in Carbonate. However it did have some good moments.

5 out of 10

Sith Sorcerer - I really dug the Sith Sorcerer story. I think it explores the Sith Politics on the path to power well. Seeking relics and knowledge which suites a Sorcerer. The Lightning is also cool in game or even through story zapping people in movies. It explores the Dark Side of the Force well.

8 out of 10

Sith Warrior - haven't played

Jedi Knight - This mirrors a path of a Jedi selfless on a Quest for peace and all in all was really entertaining to me. I also like having a Padawan as the story opens a mentor role between your companion and you. The story is not too cliché and has depth exploring the psychology of what a Jedi Knight stands for and his role in the galaxy.

8 out of 10

Trooper - As mentioned people say this story is the worst but I liked it. Not the best one but not the worst. Yes its a typical soilder story but it has variety in story objectives., You also get to carry a big minigun like Arnie. The only problem I had with Trooper is its not as traditional as the concept of the Bounty Hunter in the Star Wars galaxy, not in terms of Story but the Bounty Hunter cosmetics and ship seemed cooler.

7 out of 10.

Jedi Consular - Takes on a Healer role during the first Act rather then a Diplomatic one. Although parts of the story were quite interesting parts of the story telling were pretty bad. Repeating this draining of your own energy to save a bunch of sick Masters which drawed on a bit and was repeative. I haven't played the 2nd or 3rd Act but the 1st Act wasn't the best.

4 out of 10

Smuggler - Mirrors Han Solo which is great. The character sounds and has similar dialogue to Han. A cocky, self-cemtered, greedy pirate. Definitely has the most humor then any other storyline was hysterical how he got his ship stolen at the start "Hey he stole my ship!". Parts of the story were a little disjointed but it had some great chase scenes in it and was quite entertaining. Mimicks what the Star Wars Smuggler is all about fortune and glory.

7 out of 10.

what i try for so 3 weeks

IA had a nice story but not that i blow away from it

and the cover style system is not my thing XD

JC had a good story a bit sad to to save orthers ad the cost of your live

BH is nice but easy its more you fight for Mako to get revenge

and last my main character sith inq

i have a blast becouse am full light side

and i make alot of NPC sith lords agents and so on go *** :eek:

your sith why you save me ore not schock me rofl

i totaly do it difrent and they dont understand me :D

its the most fun i have atm :p

and Khem Val is funny

Edited by ShadessaWayland

I haven't played all the way through any of the classes but I've played through all of the origin world quests other than SI. I'm honestly a bit disappointed that everyone is exemplar from the start: JK has praise from masters before Tython, JC is better with the force than Yuon was at 14 at age 4, Smuggler is excellent pilot, Trooper is promising young sergeant, SW was so good he got into the academy early, BH is the best shot Braden has ever seen, and IA graduated top of their class. So truthfully, every class is a bit cliche. What would be great for me would be a Zayne Carrick like storyline:

He had "marginal" Force powers, failed his Padawan trials, was betrayed by his masters, got framed, became a fugitive, and eventually redeemed himself and ultimately saved the Jedi order.

I'm not saying it should be exactly like his, but a rags to riches type storyline would be great. Not like the SI, from what I've heard/played so far, they are almost immediately accepted by everyone save Harkun and then become super juiced up Sith machines.

1) Sith Warrior - Awesome from beginning to end

2) Jedi Knight - Little over the top, but again best traditional SW story

3) Imperial Agent - Act II is phenomenal; the rest is just very good

4) Jedi Consular - Act I is a little slow, not as much as people claim; Act II and III are amazing

5) Trooper - Interesting small choices along the way, great Act II finale

6) Smuggler - Funny, even if the story itself isn't so interesting

7) Bounty Hunter - Good solid Act I, story falls apart after that

8) Sith Inquisitor - Act I - III depends on your character walking into obvious traps, the main antagonist has not reason to want to kill you, companions are nothing to write home about. Terrible story.

I'm not saying it should be exactly like his, but a rags to riches type storyline would be great. Not like the SI, from what I've heard/played so far, they are almost immediately accepted by everyone save Harkun and then become super juiced up Sith machines.

That's more because, once you become a Sith, you attain a certain rank that non-Sith must respect.

Imperial Agent!

- Sith Inquisitor story was not bad, and had some very nice parts to it.

- Jedi Knight was... pretty bland. The interpersonal conversations were nice and I liked T7's story more than my own.

- Republic Trooper is pretty standard. I didn't mind it because I was a female trooper just for Jennifer Hale's voicework. Kate Mullgrew was a nice random voice to find though.

I'm going to be running a Consular next so it was good to read that most people seemed okay with it (though it's no IA).

Having done all 8, some more then once here is my verdict. (LS = light side, DS = dark side).

LS agent > DS Agent > DS Warrior > DS Smuggler > LS Consular > DS BH > LS BH > DS Trooper > LS Warrior > LS Inquisitor > DS Inquisitor > LS JK

other than being boring an uninteresting, i found the JC storyline had no meaningful decisions, like ever.

I spectated a friend doing smuggler on tatooine and the choice between siding with the sith or jedi was mind blowing for me...

to be fair i havent finished act 3, i still have to do corellia but im lvl 51 and couldnt care less to do it.

Edited by Pagy

other than being boring an uninteresting, i found the JC storyline had no meaningful decisions, like ever.

I spectated a friend doing smuggler on tatooine and the choice between siding with the sith or jedi was mind blowing for me...

to be fair i havent finished act 3, i still have to do corellia but im lvl 51 and couldnt care less to do it.

Yep - JC was my first playthrough and, apart from the best cameo in the game, it's very, very bland.

Currently working through the Smuggler story and the difference is night and day, especially in the first chapter when you're not actively siding with either the reps or the imps. The Tatopine segment alone was amazing.

The Sith Warrior story was my favorite. Rather than being about the galaxy & waging war, it was a personal story between your character & what they go through. In contrast, I also really enjoyed the Trooper story, & I keep hearing about how awesome the Agent story is, so I'll be trying a Sniper out soon.

The Knight story was all right, but it is the ultimate cliché. Save a planet from being destroyed here, deal with another betrayal there, rinse & repeat. But I guess there has to be a story like that for Star Wars' sake x)

That's more because, once you become a Sith, you attain a certain rank that non-Sith must respect.

That's true, but it makes it seem like the slave background was just forced and only means something in the prologue. I don't know if anyone really talks much about your background, but it would be logical if other Sith looked down on you or respected you more based on your origins. I don't know, maybe it's because I love Dragon Age so much, but I feel like race and origins should matter more. The empire is anti-alien, just like Fereldans are anti-elf. However, I could see a lot more prejudice about my character being an elf in Dragon age than I did being a Twi'lek in this.

Played all so:

1. IA - proper agent stuff

2. Jedi Knight - epic storyline, epic ending. You are the one.

3. Inquisitor - love the whole "from bottom to top" story

4. Consular - same as inquisitor, powerfull force user, pushing limits

now, other 4 are just bad, from least bad to worse :D

5. sith warrior - just boring. you go around and you kill people. booho :D

6. smuggler - not bad, but missing some proper ending

7. BH - close to end atm but not too happy with it I must say

8. trooper - my main :( stupid story. terrible ending.