Is the Lore going too much in the Favor of...

almostinsane

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The isotope-5 will be reconstituted in a new superweapon that will probably destroy a planet "at the heart of the Republic" and thus bring the Empire back into the lead.

I think Pre-RotHC was basically A New Hope and the events in RotHC are going to bring about The Empire Strikes Back.

I really wanted the Hutts to work with the Empire. It seems like a natural Alliance and one that would give the Empire what it needs. Maybe the Hutts will do a deal with the Empire and stab the Republic in the back like they did with their 'alliance' with the Vong.

Fun fact. After completing Scum and Villany, Saresh devotes literally the entire resoures of the Republic towards finding the Dread Masters. Military, SIS, Jedi, you name it. When asked about the Empire, she responds along the lines of 'well, if we're quick, hopefully they won't have time to rebuild whilst we're doing it', which is about as moronicly naive a plan as I've ever heard.

You wanted breathing room to recover? You got it.

Saresh,...

*activating paranoia mode*

*error paranoia mode already active*

she makes my suspicious side restless...

*deactivating paranoia mode*

*error paranoia mode can't be deactivated*

Edit: Note to myself: send a Miraluka guild mate after her asap.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

Saresh,...

*activating paranoia mode*

*error paranoia mode already active*

she makes my suspicious side restless...

*deactivating paranoia mode*

*error paranoia mode can't be deactivated*

Edit: Note to myself: send a Miraluka guild mate after her asap.

So I am not the only one who finds her odd?

I mean in the Trooper ending she seemed like a very nice, kind leader. A good foil to the more ruthless Garza. But now, from that waste of paper 'Annihilation' she is a ruthless focused leader. Why the change? Also since the Taris restoration failed, why did she get promoted? Shouldn't her enemies in the Senate (I assume she has some) have used that against her?

I mean in the Trooper ending she seemed like a very nice, kind leader. A good foil to the more ruthless Garza. But now, from that waste of paper 'Annihilation' she is a ruthless focused leader. Why the change? Also since the Taris restoration failed, why did she get promoted? Shouldn't her enemies in the Senate (I assume she has some) have used that against her?

Sympathy vote. Remember that's how Palpatine got to be Supreme Chancellor, he got his home planet invaded.

Sympathy vote. Remember that's how Palpatine got to be Supreme Chancellor, he got his home planet invaded.

I don't think you can compare the graceful twi'lek with this paragon of evil,

I mean she wears white clothes doesn't that mean she has to be a wonderfully nice person?

how can you associate her with him however peripherally it may be

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

I found her pretty disturbing on Taris, too. She's every bit as ruthless as Garza, just differently. And her stance on Taris shows that her grasp on reality is stretched pretty thin.

Thank You! I am pleased that I am not the only one who noticed how um creepy Sareesh is! I especially was worried for those construction workers well being, after the way she basically forced them to stay on Taris...

Fun fact. After completing Scum and Villany, Saresh devotes literally the entire resoures of the Republic towards finding the Dread Masters. Military, SIS, Jedi, you name it.
Ohh didn't know about that. Guess it's the transition to Dread Masters Op/upcoming planet theme.

• 2 weeks later...

She is a career politician. None of them are ever 'nice'.

I found her pretty disturbing on Taris, too. She's every bit as ruthless as Garza, just differently. And her stance on Taris shows that her grasp on reality is stretched pretty thin.

Well, isn't she supposed to be a member of the Star Cabal?

The Republic?

I've read much of the spoilers on the new book, Annihilation and it seems to me that the War is shifting in favor of the Republic a little much. It seems like nothing I did with my Imperial characters matter. I was hoping that the War would be close and maybe wouldn't be resolved for centuries considering this takes place over three thousand years before the films and one thousand years before the New Sith Empire in current canon.

Or is it just me? I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread like this. I am sorry if I missed any.

I believe the war is balanced around the will of the Republic to prevail and the Sith's thirst for power and glory. Whichever side is winning gets complacent, decadent and weak, allowing the other faction to recover.

The Republic got complacent and decadent before the Great Galactic War by centuries of peace and had hence had their collective *** handed to them by the Empire. This is established canon. The Sacking of Coruscant threatened the integrity of the Republic and as a result it almost collapsed. The Great Galactic War was a complete Imperial victory.

Then with the Republic no longer an immediate threat, the Sith's thirst for power and glory caused them to turn against each other and the Empire became decadent and complacent. In the meantime, its survival threatened, the Republic united everything it had. Hence, when the Empire renewed the war, it was overconfident and had their collective *** handed to them by the Republic. This is established canon as well.

Now it's the Republic's turn to get overconfident and disregard the Empire as a minor threat. Fighting for survival, the Empire is united under Darth Marr and invites many new species into its army. I believe a crushing Republic defeat is forthcoming while they're focusing their attention on the Dread Masters and the Hutts.

It's a vicious circle that will likely continue for several centuries.

The Hutt-Rep alliance, I'm assuming wont last long given the Hutt's nature. Plus how much monetary help can hey give after Makeb? They're already funding the relocation of millions of refugees and the payroll for the interstellar regulators!

I thought the Empire and the Hutts would be better allies then the Republic and Hutts.

Also this how thing, if the Rep-Hutt Alliance is for real and lasts, would just make the resource in difference even greater. If the Hutts and Empire made an alliance, they would have the power to oppose the Republic. As it stands the Republic looks set to win.

I thought the Empire and the Hutts would be better allies then the Republic and Hutts.

Also this how thing, if the Rep-Hutt Alliance is for real and lasts, would just make the resource in difference even greater. If the Hutts and Empire made an alliance, they would have the power to oppose the Republic. As it stands the Republic looks set to win.

if you where the Hutts and HAD to activly back a side would you back the winner, or throw all your resources into a stalemate?

The Republic could lose and then regain their power structure between the time of TOR and the time of the Darth Bane Novels (I think there hasn't been anything that touched those 1,000 years from TOR to about 2,000 BBY because if I'm correct, the Bane novels began sometime near 1,000 BBY

if you where the Hutts and HAD to activly back a side would you back the winner, or throw all your resources into a stalemate?

A stalemate is VERY good for business.

That's why they are trying not to back either side more than they have to.

• 2 weeks later...
A stalemate is VERY good for business.

That's why they are trying not to back either side more than they have to.

true but with situations like that there comes a time in which you want to move your focus to at least APPERING to back the most likely winner.

All the better if your also quietly supporting the other side with a quiet wink.

Oh please... the Empire represents evil, and in what good story does the evil prevail? The empire is meant to lose because it's full of bad guys, and plot requires them to eventually fail

since when was the empire the embodiment of evil?? we just aint wusses like the pubs :p

anyway i thought we owned correllia. in side quests we completely wiped out the jedi council and established a new leader in our name? and atleast we won makeb. marr obviously has a plan for the empire, that MASSIVE fleet shows it. i agree we're losing but it wont be for long.

since when was the empire the embodiment of evil?? we just aint wusses like the pubs :p

anyway i thought we owned correllia. in side quests we completely wiped out the jedi council and established a new leader in our name? and atleast we won makeb. marr obviously has a plan for the empire, that MASSIVE fleet shows it. i agree we're losing but it wont be for long.

Republic Corellia takes place after Imp Corellia, and they retake Corellia. Also, the Empire itself isn't the embodiment of evil...but the Sith are, and the Sith lead the Empire.

Republic Corellia takes place after Imp Corellia, and they retake Corellia. Also, the Empire itself isn't the embodiment of evil...but the Sith are, and the Sith lead the Empire.

well we still have makeb. and sith arent the embodiment of evil. power perhaps but not evil. very rarely does anyone ever refer to a sith as evil. harsh or cruel but never evil.

personally I don't mind the lore going in favor of republic so much. I understand it has to be that way since Republic itself is so pathetic a boring that hardly anbody would be playing for them if they were not winning side most of the time. Losing here is just the price for being cool.

Oh please... the Empire represents evil, and in what good story does the evil prevail? The empire is meant to lose because it's full of bad guys, and plot requires them to eventually fail

In every good story evil prevails. Or at least, the good guys dont and it is a draw. In boring dull stories good guys win, that's why they are boring and dull. Of course good guys not winning entirely is not key to making a good story, but it is big part of it. The endings that don't "satisfy" it's consumers usually belong to the best stories out there.

Nope.

It's abundantly clear that BW is setting up an Empire Strikes Back scenario.

They could deal some massive blows to the Republic with some isotope-5 fueled weapons and ships, especially if Marr does something to snap the Dark Council/Sith in general into line and get them to stop infighting like he repeatedly wants to do in Annihilation.