Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the new Trailblazer look - the jacket style is one of my favourites in-game - please don't shoot me :o:D

i agree and will be gutted if they revert this look - i changed to trailblazer after the phantom set got changed. It didnt look right on my Scoundrel

[*]The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.

When I got my Spymaster gear, I got it based on what I actually saw in the game, the gear preview screen WAS the advertised appearance I went by. I especially liked the upper body, because it was unique and unlike anything else in the game.

Look, I get that you wanted to change it because some people got it based on what they saw in the icon, but when you are the one who screws up, if anyone it's you who are the ones who should suffer for it when you go and try to make it right, not the players.

Not cool BioWare, not cool...

Edited by Rassuro

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Joveth, I loved both sets as they were before this fix. Is there any chance we can get some other armor sets based on those models in (very) near future? Losing the look I loved on both my Assassin and my Operative makes this a very sad day.

Maybe I am wrong here, but none of the Pet Droids shown in the art for Skip Tracer Packs are actually available from the Skip Tracer Packs. They were all introduced in the Blockade Runner Packs, right? Does this mean all of the ugly Womp Weasel will be redrawn in the next patch? :confused:

RE the Armor changes: I empathize with those who spent credits or cartel coins to get the look they wanted; however, in BW's defense this has been on the Known Issues List. Still, it seems like there has to be a good solution for all.

Bioware isn't interested in a good solution for all, they are only interested in alienating the maximum number of people they can with each change they make. So many aspects of this game are DESIGNED to be petty annoyances from the very start. I swear it looks like more and more that EA/BW are deliberately trying to kill the SW IP with their constant screw ups, mistakes and high handed actions.

They could make everyone happy by allowing an option to change. Instead, they choose to piss off as many or more people than they made happy. Further alienating their customers and subscribers. I have several characters that simply no longer look like I designed them to look after this 'fix'. I am going to have to take this into consideration when It comes time to renew my sub.

By itself, it isn't a major deal, I can always go seeking out another piece or two to fix the look as best I can. But taken with all the other tiny paper-cuts this game has (though I admit they have fixed SOME of them and I'll be the first to give them props for doing so), it starts to become egregious. When I find another look I like, and spend real money to get, what's to say BW won't come along in a month or two and change it? messing up my new look? Nothing, Not a ******* thing. So yeah, it now becomes an issue where I spent my hard earned money for a specific look, that no longer exists. I'm now unhappier by a factor of more than $100.00 (not counting sub).

When real money starts squeaking at me... it makes me listen real hard.

• The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Okay, then refund the remaining time on my six month sub as well as the money I spent on cartel coins to get these items. If you don't I'm submitting a BBB complaint for bait and switch.

Also, the stylish dancer outfit is yellow/white. It's the new reveler outfit that's red and showing incorrectly in the advertisement. Good job not even knowing what's going on.

But it's still okay to be misleading in the description text of the Cartel Packs? Right?

Sorry but continuing to say that each different pack includes Rare Bonus Items found no where else in each one is still misleading since I've never failed to get less than 2 Covert Torso energy armor each time I buy more than 4 packs. Guess they are found elsewhere, not just in that specific pack.

When I find another look I like, and spend real money to get, what's to say BW won't come along in a month or two and change it? messing up my new look? Nothing, Not a ******* thing. So yeah, it now becomes an issue where I spent my hard earned money for a specific look, that no longer exists. I'm now unhappier by a factor of more than $100.00 (not counting sub).

When real money starts squeaking at me... it makes me listen real hard.

This. If you want to get as many people as possible to give you money in future, you badly need to repair the trust you have just torn up and thrown in the dustbin.

This is ******** and you know it! I'm assuming this isnt your first time on the forums and website, thus you already knew that the first models were wrong as they didnt look like the models on the cartel pack. Bioware said they would fix this and they did. If you bought the pack and thought you were getting the new look I would have understood your ********, but now that they actually FIXED something you whine like a baby.

I'm guessing you want Revan's Robes to go back to previous state aswell?

I got the Phantom headpeice from a cartel pack, that i spent real money to get, then i pre-viewed and bought the Phantom chestpeice and gloves from the GTN, because of how they looked... the one with out the lame shoulders and hood!

Are you gona rob me on the look that i spent time, credits and money to get?!?

BW better give me back that pre-patch look!!!

Thank you for going out of the way to clear that up.

I'm not getting the reason as why Bioware shouldn't just take the old version, which is already created, make a new version of the armor that is distinct from the corrected version, then send it to people who own the corrected version (as in an already existing mechanism that Bioware can already sent items to mass groups of people via mail).

I doubt that it would take more than two or three work hours - and opportunities that cost that little that have the potential to create an awful lot of goodwill don't arise that often.

The number one source for information about SWTOR is going to be when you log into the game itself. Not this forum, not any other forum, not some third party MMO site. There are obviously a number of people who wanted this item based on the Preview. That there's some notice on this forum somewhere here among the thousands of threads, among the dozens of stickied posts only counts for so much.

The only place you can guarantee people will have the opportunity to see the information is either in the game, or on the portion of the site where you buy Cartel Coins. And this wasn't communicated in either place.

These weren't quest items either that have some right to be at the whim of Bioware. It's a system where they are encouraging people to spend actual real world currency in order to get an item, either directly by purchasing it or indirectly through packs.

You can't just stick your head in the sand and imagine some theoretical marketplace where absolutely no people were motivated to spend actual money based on obtaining one of these items. That's disingenuous.

Edited by Ryscandor

I spent a considerable number of credits purchasing the Phantom chestguard and Phantom gloves off the GTN having spent the time to check them on the in-game model viewer. Please could I have a refund?

Seriously though, these models have been live in-game and traded over the GTN for long enough that the default version should be taken as the 'incorrect one', you know the cool looking one without the generic looking Sith drape and wierd things on the gloves to snag on. I already have too many of those on my Sith sorcerer. I wanted the super spy/ninja look.

I can't seriously believe that the developers for an MMO don't understand the emotional attachment a player has to their character and the lengths in time and/or money they will go to to get the look they like. Just look at the prices people are willing to pay for a White Light sabre crystal!

To roll back an item due to an artwork clash on the cartel pack, purchased by players who would expect a random chance of an item to drop and sell the vast majority of gear acquired this way on the GTN anyway. Against those players who purchased it on the GTN because of the way it looked on the model viewer... I'm still puzzled at this decision.

I can't seriously believe that the developers for an MMO don't understand the emotional attachment a player has to their character and the lengths in time and/or money they will go to to get the look they like.

These are the same people who forced most players to change their names...TWICE! Expect it.

Thank god this is being fixed because I bought these items because of the NO hood and NO ugly a** shoulder pads. If I wanted that look, I'd have used the two Fugly Revan's Robes. What is with the big *** shoulder pads anyway?

Please fix this asap. We like the cat suit look, not the ugly as sin hooded big shoulder crap.

..., after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity...

If we make more than a few remarks about the dissimilarity it has to how it looked on the in-game previewer can we have the old version back please?

Oh, so the damn picture had a giant sign saying "THIS IS WHAT THE PHANTOM ROBE SHOULD REALLY LOOK LIKE AND WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE IT?"

My bad, my bad. clasic love it! Ya bio why change gear in game you think your going to make people happy that had no idea it was broke?

There are so many hooded robes in the game, we don't need more. The Phantom Chestguard was a beautiful addition to the game as it was even if it was unintended. Purely by accident, you created something that so many of us wanted - a sleek, black chestpiece without unnecessary adornment, perfect for colour-matching with any other item.

Give us the Accidental Perfection back, I beg you. I only bought it off the GTN because of the way it looked in game.

Edited by CrazyGreggy

AND WHY don't you simply change the wrong ad-image in the Crap S..., sorry, Cartel Shop? This is so... bah. I just don't want to talk about this topic anymore - why BioWare is so... bah. Get some employees and decision maker with common sense for the player!

Edited by discbox

While I understand the motivation for changing the look of the Phantom and Spymaster sets, I am very disappointed in the changes. I purchased these items based on how they looked in the preview window, not what an advertisement on the cartel page showed. I was completely unaware and blindsided by these changes (though I hear there was an announcement on the forums, which I missed) and am greatly saddened that I will once again need to find a new look for my shadow.

Please give us an option to return our items to the previous version if we would prefer. Those of us that purchased these items based on the preview look are out a lot of credits/money while those that like the new look didn't have to spend anything until the devs made the changes.

So... the changes ARE NOT unintended, contrary to what you claimed in your first post. Well done.

The mere fact that you had to go and check with the devs AFTER you posted demonstrates that you, as the lead community interaction person, post without checking your facts. Well done.

I'd ask whether the reversion which you EXPLICITLY STATED WOULD HAPPEN in a future patch will, in fact, actually happen, but since we clearly can't trust anything you post, I won't bother. Well done.

Seriously, are you people going out of your way to get this game shut down or what?

EDITED: on the grounds that grammar is important and inappropriate plurals are bad.

Edited by Midget_Yoda