Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Good call. That will put fear into them.

:rolleyes:

Last one I submitted (Cartel Coins not applying to my account despite taking money out of my checking account and being hung up on when I called CS and then told to wait A MONTH) got an actual EA rep involved (not BW's horrible CS) and the issue actually got fixed. And since EA had to actually get involved, I'm sure someone at BW got in trouble.

The BBB's useful for something, no matter how silly you think it is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy things w/o looking at how they actually look. Concept art, promo art etc is notorious for being wrong. If you bought something based ONLY on it's promo art, then frankly, I feel for you because nothing, comes out of original concept or promo looking like it started.

I went to the various armor sets and previewed them to see what they would look like on my characters. On some one combo looked good, but on others that same combo didn't. I mixed and matched until I got a look I liked for each character and now... I no longer have that look I worked hard to get. I spent REAL money to get the look I had. NOT the *** fugly look I currently have.

BW can fix this easily though and make everyone happy. They can allow us a one time option to switch the look of apiece of armor from "option 1" or 'option 2' and once that switch has been made. It's permanent and can't be reversed. Then those who like wingy bits and enjoy looking (to me) weird can have their wingy bits and look (to me) weird, and those of us who detest that fugly look to the armor choice, can actually look decent and not like some reject from an art school.

It's totally incorrect in comparison to the promo art which as Joveth stated originally how it is supposed to look. It's false advertisement not looking as it does it is in the promo. What it looks like in the GTN is irrelevant because the GTN wasn't where it originated, that was the cartel market so even one person buying a pack and getting misrepresented gear is grounds for potentially disputing the purchase based on that.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

You guys have to change it back. I bought the phantom armor chest piece for 350k for the look that the preview box showed me. How many of these fugly hooded/shoulder padded items do we have to get? If this doesn't get changed then I have to find something else for my operative to wear, completely messing her look up because you guys wanted to change it to look like the concept art?? That's what the wardrobe box is for! Look at it before buying it, which I did! I don't give two cheeseballs what the concept art looks like, only what it actually looks like on my character. PLEASE change it back asap!! The way it is now is HIDEOUS!

I'm a person for those small details in things, and to add some extra parts to what before looked like a very flat multi colored shirt is in my opinion appreciated

i am too a fan of small details and i completed the trailblazers set just because it had "flat multi colored shirt" and goggleless headpiece. it was perfect for my IA, because you know, IA should never be easy to recognize and wearing bland gear was perfect for it.

now the set is just awful.

i can unerstand the changes to phantom set. it being not as advertised and all, but trailblazers set was never advertised so it didnt need to be changed.

but i am sort of happy that i didnt manage to spend any more credits/BH comms on my phantom and trailblazers sets to make them my main gear for those particular characters. now i will just wear generic endgame gear because, as i see it, going for a certain look for a character is something that can be broken at any time :/

Edited by yaworr

Good thing I never got around to equipping or modding my Phantom armor sets on my alt yet. If I had fully committed to something I spent that many resources gathering and just had it ruined with the usual level of failure I have to expect from Bioware, I would probably have unsubbed or at least boycotted the Cartel Market.

This should have been addressed as close to the release of the item sets as possible, not this many weeks down the line Bioware. Another poor decision that is going to make alot of people angry about a Real Money item. Very bad for business.

The real shame is how awesome the Phantom set looked before and now it looks like total garbage. Why would you idiots give it a hood if the corresponding set helmet just overrides it? Seriously, hire some new staff......

wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE.... its hooded now? I haven't had a chance to check in game yet, but I specifically bought it for my sentinel, because I wanted jedilike overcoat without the hood. damn it.

first they randomly bind pants to a wrong character, just because I put some mods in it before mailing it (mods were crafted on a spot, so they were not bound, and they worked fine with other pieces of gear). and now I have to figure out a new chest piece for her.. again? sentinel options at low levels that I like (aka, hoodless) are scarce as it is.

grrrr.

dear bioware. if you are going to randomly add hoods to things, could you do that AFTER implementing hood toggle? please?

P.S. I don't want her to use a headband. she's miraluka with the tribal looking eye covering that I chose very deliberately and would like to keep that look.

Edited by Jeweledleah

It's totally incorrect in comparison to the promo art which as Joveth stated originally how it is supposed to look. It's false advertisement not looking as it does it is in the promo. What it looks like in the GTN is irrelevant because the GTN wasn't where it originated, that was the cartel market so even one person buying a pack and getting misrepresented gear is grounds for potentially disputing the purchase based on that.

You deliberately miss the point. I paid money based on the IN GAME LOOK. Not some stylized look on a promo picture. Promo pictures are frequently wrong. I've rarely ever seen any concept art or promo picture show what the actual item looks like. So I wait until I actually SEE the item, and if I like it, I purchase it on the actual item. This is what I did. I purchased the item based on it's actual in game look. Spending a good chunk of money to do so. Is my money worth less than yours? The option to fix this to make every one happy is simple. That bioware would rather piss off it's customers instead of making everyone happy leads me to question why I continue subbing to this game.

• The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Thank you for the clarification. Maybe now people will understand that that if they got an item with different artwork than what's shown in the promo that it's incorrect and likely to eventually be fixed and that the Dev Tracker is there for a reason and that this was noted last month as an issue and their fault for not following it.

Thank you for the clarification. Maybe now people will understand that that if they got an item with different artwork than what's shown in the promo that it's incorrect and likely to eventually be fixed and that the Dev Tracker is there for a reason and that this was noted last month as an issue and their fault for not following it.

So I should expect the Revan robes to be changed back into what they used to be? because the cartel pack image is clearly showing the old version in it's image...

Now if only BW would finally make that patch that gets rid of annoying people ************ about every little thing.

oh I'm so sorry about stating my dissatisfaction with a change that I got no warning for to an item paid for, because it has specific parameters and now due to that change? it doesn't. I'm sorry for voicing my concerns so that the company actually KNOWS they exist, instead of quietly seething to myself or better yet, not paying them anymore without even explaining why, because they are not mind readers and why can't they tell that some change or other is unwelcome. I'm so very very sorry for having preferences.

now if only bioware made a patch that would get rid of people who come into concern threads just to ***** at those expressing concerns...

You deliberately miss the point. I paid money based on the IN GAME LOOK.

Again this is your problem not Bioware's. BW acknowledged the art was incorrect several weeks ago and that it would be fixed and that info was in the Dev Tracker. Anyone who bought the packs based on the in game appearance only or off the GTN really has nobody to blame but themselves if they are unhappy with Bioware correcting what they didn't implement right in the first place. Just saying people are trying to find excuses to make up for their own laziness in doing something as simple as following the tracker which stated it was wrong and that they were going to fix it. Don't even need the tracker, can see that those pieces are totally different in the promo art.

So why exactly did they change the apperance of cartel pack armors that were not shown in the advertisement like the trailblazer set?

I too bought the set becaucse of it ingame looks. How do this not count as a form of advertisement?

Bioware is doing a mistake here, which could very well affect the further sucess of the cartell market.

Of course they were not unintended. These fixes have been noted in the patch notes.

Had you included the whole sentence (rather than silently omitting half of it and therefore changing the content) you would have made clear that I was indicating the fact that Joveth was talking out of his nether-regions, which is always nice for a paid representative of the company.

The preview armor was on a male human, I don't play a male human, I looked in the changing room to see what spymaster would look like on a female, IN REAL TIME PREVIEW, on my character and then spent REAL LIFE MONEY to get the item YOU SHOWED US ON OUR CHARACTER IN THE CHANGING ROOM PREVIEW!

I paid a lot of real money for packs, over 450$ in less than two months, and this is how you support your product? I WANT THE REAL LIFE MONEY BACK YOU STOLE FROM ME IN YOUR BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM! GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY! There ought to be laws that keep companies like you out of work.

Edited by Karaiblis

Okay, then refund the remaining time on my six month sub as well as the money I spent on cartel coins to get these items. If you don't I'm submitting a BBB complaint for bait and switch.

Also, the stylish dancer outfit is yellow/white. It's the new reveler outfit that's red and showing incorrectly in the advertisement. Good job not even knowing what's going on.

It's a bit complicated (and I'll edit my original post to update), but essentially, the Stylish Dancer Outfit is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

I hope you realize how ridiculously unacceptable this is. While I am sure there are quite a few people who like the new look better the vast majority of people who purchased and currently use the changed armor sets did so because they liked the old look.

There are several ways you could have fixed this without taking away a look many of your customers payed real money for and enjoyed. A vendor to switch the old bugged set for the new one for example. Yes this would have required more work on your part but if I am going to give a company real money for virtual goods I need to know they are not going to be taken away or altered after I pay for them.

Again this is your problem not Bioware's. BW acknowledged the art was incorrect several weeks ago and that it would be fixed and that info was in the Dev Tracker. Anyone who bought the packs based on the in game appearance only or off the GTN really has nobody to blame but themselves if they are unhappy with Bioware correcting what they didn't implement right in the first place. Just saying people are trying to find excuses to make up for their own laziness in doing something as simple as following the tracker which stated it was wrong and that they were going to fix it. Don't even need the tracker, can see that those pieces are totally different in the promo art.

Asuka, you really are not listening. I spend most of my time either working, or relaxing in game. I don't spend much time at all pouring over every little fart on the forums like some no lifer does. I don't go digging through weeks of 'dev' comments in the odd or off fear something might be changed. I spend my time in te game I pay for, and using my money to get items in that game based on how they look in that game. Not based off of what some artists concept of the look is going to be.

So because I actually PLAY the game instead of hanging out on the forums and drooling over every drop off a devs lip like you do, it's my fault bioware has taken my money. Based on an items actual appearance, rather than some drawing on a packs cover that doesn't even identify the items as any specific piece? Really? Guess I make a trip to the bank and do a charge back for the 100+ dollars I spent on CC then because I didn't get what I paid for based on the actual item in game.