Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

This was an error on my part. I posted here as soon as I heard an answer before confirming with multiple parties. I shouldn't have posted with such haste, and in the future, I will be sure to make sure that information is 100% accurate. There is a delicate balance with timeliness and accuracy and I will be sure to watch for that in the future.

A timely response was appreciated, and you did say you were looking into it, and your answer either way has nothing to do with what BW did by switching the armor many people paid specifically to get. Can we get a refund for the false preview, or get our armor back, is what we need to know.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you are right. He did rush to give some sort of answer before checking the facts. But on the other hand people should not instantly believe everything they see. The idea of unintentional change which is "unintentionally" noted in the patch notes sounds a bit odd.

Ah, so you're saying that Bioware employees can post what ever nonsense they like and if it turns out to be patently made up on the spot not only should we not point this out but anyone that does it in fact naive?

/whiteknight Aelther

EDITED: to add that I've just noticed Joveth's honest response to my earlier post, which I appreciate.

Edited by Midget_Yoda

This was an error on my part. I posted here as soon as I heard an answer before confirming with multiple parties. I shouldn't have posted with such haste, and in the future, I will be sure to make sure that information is 100% accurate. There is a delicate balance with timeliness and accuracy and I will be sure to watch for that in the future.

So when is EA/BW going to refund my money for the items I bought based off their previous look in game, and which no longer represent the items as I bought them? Or do I go to my bank and request a charge back that they will do, as I have a whole lot more money held with them, than you make in 2 years?

The fact you suggested "multiple parties" infers mass confusion with the top brass of BW. This is very very disturbing. Does anyone "really" know what the heck is going on over there? I feel bad for you dude since I know you're just the messenger and all.

I updated my characters that used the Phantom Chestpiece before to now use Revans' Robes and Elegant Lounge tops. I got PLENTY of that unvendorable JUNK, every other pack I BOUGHT using Cartel Coins I PURCHASED (feel free to look up how much I spent on Cartel Coins, Bioware, I dare you, you won't get those figure s anymore from me) had either or both of those anyway. At least the Revan outfit improved somewhat.. And I simply won't purchase more Cartel Coins unless the Phantom Chestpiece gets reverted to the state it was at its RELEASE, instead of that really FUGLY thing from the concept art on that advertisement which I didn't take at face value anyway.

If that's how Bioware wants it, that's what they get:

-Characters running around in un-fitting outfits like cheap <insert you know which word here>

-No more Cartel Coin Purchases

THAT is how people will now look at your game, Bioware: the game where every chick wears little more than a leia bra. Because you messed up the one single ACCEPTABLE alternative there was available.

And I'm CLEARLY not the only one thinking that way. Just look at these threads grow: more people are posting now than that sorry few of reposters in that petty post whining about how the advertisement wasn't exact, and how their wife doesn't look like a photomodel while wearing the same lingerie and only a slightly different shade of mascara.

Edited by AsheraII

Ah, so you're saying that Bioware employees can post what ever nonsense they like and if it turns out to be patently made up on the spot not only should we not point this out but anyone that does it in fact naive?

Not saying it is naive, I'm saying you should check the patch notes too and then point it out asking why does he say one thing, when patch notes say otherwise, but anyway, this chat is going nowhere. No need to continue it. Good Bye.

I think that the root of this problem is that these armour sets come from random packs, where the only preview possible is the ad picture, but can then be sold on the GTN, where a complete preview as the item would look on the character can be seen. So people can see the item on the GTN and either buy it there or buy cartel packs in the hope of getting it. As stated, in future Bioware will try to make ad pictures match the reality.

But please, please, please, for those of us who bought these items because we loved their initial in-game appearance, can we have that appearance back in some form? The models already exist. It would take less work than adding something totally new. :(

It's starting to become very clear there are two camps here.

1) We purchased the Cartel Packs hoping that we'd get lucky and get the gear we wanted from the random list of stuff possible. Any items we got we didn't like we could sell on the GTN. Very quickly found the item was not as depicted on the cartel pack and pointed this out to Bioware. Item still not bound. Still able to sell item on GTN.

2) We purchased the item on the GTN. We had no idea there was any fuss being made as to the look of the item in question as our purchasing choices were made based on an ingame model viewer and not Cartel Pack artwork. Once bought and equipped our choices were rendered permanent.

I fall in camp 2, if you hadn't gathered ;) I don't usually spend that much time on the forums but felt the need to protest this change.

I did #2 as well, to buy the Phantom chestpiece for a pretty penny from the GTN since I like the sleek, all-black look. It's perfect for a ninja-themed character or a catsuit for a female Agent or Consular Shadow. Now, with the fluffy shoulderpads, I feel like I wasted my credits. I realize there are folks in Camp 1 who WERE miffed, but who are now happy. I really hope Bioware makes the right move and provides a way for BOTH looks to be included in the game, preferably without making EITHER group pay for the armor again.

I think that the root of this problem is that these armour sets come from random packs, where the only preview possible is the ad picture, but can then be sold on the GTN, where a complete preview as the item would look on the character can be seen. So people can see the item on the GTN and either buy it there or buy cartel packs in the hope of getting it. As stated, in future Bioware will try to make ad pictures match the reality.

But please, please, please, for those of us who bought these items because we loved their initial in-game appearance, can we have that appearance back in some form? The models already exist. It would take less work than adding something totally new. :(

I can REALLY only accept one of the following two solutions for that:

A] The Phantom Chestpiece gets reverted back to its original state

or

B] Those who have the chestpiece are offered a FREE OF CHARGE trade of th chestpiece for a newly released chestpiece with the exact same design as the Phantom Chestpiece in its previous state.

Being required to spend yet more Cartel Coins or credits or whatever is simply UNACCEPTABLE.

I did #2 as well, to buy the Phantom chestpiece for a pretty penny from the GTN since I like the sleek, all-black look. It's perfect for a ninja-themed character or a catsuit for a female Agent or Consular Shadow. Now, with the fluffy shoulderpads, I feel like I wasted my credits. I realize there are folks in Camp 1 who WERE miffed, but who are now happy. I really hope Bioware makes the right move and provides a way for BOTH looks to be included in the game, preferably without making EITHER group pay for the armor again.

Truthfully, after spending so very much on cartel coins, I will still throw good money after bad and spend the extra to buy the outfit the way it looked, if they will only offer it back. Otherwise, just give me back my money.

Ok, I'd like to post a slightly different approach to this and invite others to do the same if they are willing.

I estimate that since the Cartel opened, I have spent between £150-200.00 on equipment and packs (some of that was presents). To get the looks I wanted for my characters. I didn't buy packs to try to 'make a killing on the GTN' - anything I have sold has been a duplicate and pretty much any credits I made were immediately spent on other GTN items.

It does not matter at all to me if many of you think 'well, what an idiot, spending that amount'. It's my money. I am addressing this message to the people who sell this game and, presumably, wish to make money from it.

And what should matter to them is that I am now not going to spend a single further penny on the Cartel, because I feel that what I spent, I wasted. Unless this is sorted out in a way that makes everyone who spent money, whether they favour the 'new' or 'old' look, happy.

So - simple numbers. Those of you who are unhappy - what roughly have you spent on the Cartel since it came into being? Let's see the figure EA are happy to throw away?

As other have posted, i would like the alternate version to be made available in some fashion within the game. I've spent money and credits on the cartel packs, I would really like the other version back.

After reading the dev responses in this thread I am astounded by the utter confusion and in parts incompetance with the cartel packs, The art work for the packs is a lie as the items in side arn't as adverstised, not only that you continue to release new packs with faulty artwork "again" this time they don't even contain what you are advertising. You "fix" it or in places, out right replace the item (the female clothing) because you say that version didn't belong in that paticular pack. When people then come to the forums to ask what the is going on, it seems even they just blurt out what we want to hear without a clue wether what they are saying is true or false.

What on earth is going on over there? I'm shocked and confused and quite sadened by all this. :confused:

Edited by Shornboy

There really is no pleasing people. They said after the packs were released that they were going to change them to look like the advertised art. Now, they actually fix something and people are complaining. Personally, I think it is great. The Phantom robes looked way too plain in my humble opinion. And if you spent actual money on them instead of just buying them from the GTN, then that is your fault. I spent money on part, got the chest and lower robe. Bought the mask, gloves and boots from the GTN. So no, EAWare doesn't owe you a refund of money. It's your own fault if you spent actual money and don't like the result now. I've spent my fair share of money on CM coins and my only gripe is that I can't vendor off all the excess stuff that is taking up my cargo bay space.

Good job on the fix Bioware. And thanks for the fix for Revan's robes also.

There really is no pleasing people. They said after the packs were released that they were going to change them to look like the advertised art. Now, they actually fix something and people are complaining. Personally, I think it is great. The Phantom robes looked way too plain in my humble opinion. And if you spent actual money on them instead of just buying them from the GTN, then that is your fault. I spent money on part, got the chest and lower robe. Bought the mask, gloves and boots from the GTN. So no, EAWare doesn't owe you a refund of money. It's your own fault if you spent actual money and don't like the result now. I've spent my fair share of money on CM coins and my only gripe is that I can't vendor off all the excess stuff that is taking up my cargo bay space.

Good job on the fix Bioware. And thanks for the fix for Revan's robes also.

The key word in your post is AFTER. Sorry, but some of us were unable to engage telepathy and foresee that AFTER we had bought some things, they would be changed. Personal taste is not the issue here.

Where can I go to get my money refunded for your bait and switch scam?

There's no bait and switch, just blatant ignorance on the part of those for choosing to be unaware that this was an issue acknowledged last year that they said they would be fixing.

The key word in your post is AFTER. Sorry, but some of us were unable to engage telepathy and foresee that AFTER we had bought some things, they would be changed. Personal taste is not the issue here.

Yes it is after. But they did say that they were going to fix them to look like the advertised pictures of them. Now I agree that the fix took longer than it should have, but if people bought CM packs after they said that they were going to fix them, then that is their own fault. They knew the fix was coming.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

No, you didn't. Revan's top still has 2 hoods, one up, and one down. It's still the light grey from after the first patch after its release, not the dark black like its supposed to be.

Edited by RamathRS

I can REALLY only accept one of the following two solutions for that:

A] The Phantom Chestpiece gets reverted back to its original state

or

B] Those who have the chestpiece are offered a FREE OF CHARGE trade of th chestpiece for a newly released chestpiece with the exact same design as the Phantom Chestpiece in its previous state.

Being required to spend yet more Cartel Coins or credits or whatever is simply UNACCEPTABLE.

Well clearly some people like the new version of the outfits, so A is out of the question. B, therefore, remains as the course of action which should please everyone.

if you spent actual money on them instead of just buying them from the GTN, then that is your fault.

Listen, it's all very well for you to say that, but that's not the kind of response Bioware would be sensible to take with paying customers. I mean since when did "You gave us money - oh you suckers, now we will mock you!" ever make sense as a business strategy? BW want to encourage customers to spend money, not punish them for it.

There's no bait and switch, just blatant ignorance on the part of those for choosing to be unaware that this was an issue acknowledged last year that they said they would be fixing.

False it is bait and switch. If this was truly in error on their part, they should have made the item unavailable until a fixed was made, not leave it as is for almost a month.

I am actually fortunate in that I only have 2 characters that this 'revision' has impacted. Both with the chest pieces (as the rest of the stuff still looks ok on them). However, I spent a lot of time, and a bit over $100.00 just this month alone trying to get that 'look' I now no longer have.

Lesson learned: Don't buy any more CC and don't bother to spend any more than my base sub fee instead of the hundred plus each month I was willing to spend. Thanks for that clear message BW.

...after some people had already spent money. How come no one wants to tangle with that?

It doesn't matter a curse if the week after I buy a blue sofa, twenty or 120 people complain to the manufacturer that actually they prefer red, because one artist's impression of it was red. The company is not entitled to break into my house (and that of the, say, 450 people who also bought a blue sofa because they liked blue) and spray-paint my sofa red!