Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

The two sets I'd love to have on the Cartel Market would probably be:

The Mercenary elite prototype, or at least a variation of it, not to bothered about the color:

and the High Sorcerer Adept robes:

They are both in the early 30's level wise, much like the gear that is already on the cartel market so balance-wise I guess it could work, and you also don't get people moaning about how cool somebody looks at a lower level than them either!

Also, just because the worst that can be said by you is no, I'd love to see Revan's robes and mask too! ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

A dream comes true!

Hi, thanks a lot for asking us.

1) Hood up/down toggle.

So many of us have been asking for this. And by down of course we mean visible and on the back, not totally hidden. So that something like this would in turn look like this when toggled. Those are not exactly the same robes, but you get the idea...

Of course, much like hiding head slot or unifying colours, this could be added in your cartel-shop as one more customization control.

2) Hood up already existing gear that would look nice with a hood down.

And again, a visible hood down, not hidden...

I'm reluctant to make such a list because it might make you think you'd get more money by not having the hood up/down toggle and forcing people to instead buy from a limited assortment of "new" gear in your cartel shop.

It is my belief that you'd get more with both having the hood toggle and some gear to buy in the shop instead of not having the toggle and risking being seen as nickel-&-diming us : you not only want to make money with your shop, you also want to retain/not irrate some of your suscribers so they also buy other stuff.

Anyway here's a list :

- Robe of volatile force (empire look)

- Guardian Maelstrom chestplate

- Jedi Battlelord

- Elder Battlemind

- Traditional demicot (empire version)

- Jedy Myrmidon

- Knight's Crusade

3) Gear that don't have any existing orange version as a mesh/model.

So let's take the example of consulars, you have zillions orange versions of those already, pretty much in all the shades of brown. On top of that you're putting 2 more on your cartel shop that are almost similar. So yes you'll have Empire customers "maybe" get those, or maybe a couple smugglers, even though I doubt it, since even if they're nice : they look nothing spectacular or trendy, but hey that's a matter of taste I concede.

One thing you should consider, and I think this is what you're "kinda" doing by asking us, is having a list of the already existing orange gear and check what mesh/model are never represented as orange, here are a few examples :

- Layered tunic

- Leatheris jacket

- Rugged jacket (sorry, no pic, only an icon, but this I think I remember is a smuggler quest reward)

4) The "white" sets sold by planetary vendors.

There are lots of nice things in there (full list).

And those could be sold in the cartel shop as *complete sets*.

My favorites are :

- The Brocart set (always wondered why this wasn't available in orange :jawa_frown: !)

- The Blastguard MKII set

- The Helmsman set (don't worry, people will hide the hat, he he...)

- The Trellised set

- The Plastoid set

- The ??? set (there is also a set with a chest piece like that, but can't find it as white on Torhead)

5) Gear that exist in files but not in game.

Most were datamined either during Beta or after. Some did exist in Beta but were removed.

So they don't have a pic of course, but the icon looks indeed very promising...

Not listing them all, but here are a few :

- Wanderer's jacket

- Dark Jedi's robe

- Hiking shirt

- Salvaged battle armor

- Gallant Rogues jacket

- Overlord's vest

- Peacewalker Trenchcoat

- Honored Enforcer's Jacket

6) Things people (well at least I :jawa_wink: !) would like to see with a recolored version.

With a recolored version, or at least available to the other faction because they're trendy looking :

- Vindicator's Chestguard (oh look : hood down !!!) (would be so nice in brown with beige lining)

- Warbringer body armour

- Dark acolyte robe (would be so nice in both light and dark brown)

- BT Operative Jacket (dark brown leather anyone ?)

- Ribbed chestguard

- Scorpion jacket (in brown leather for smugglers...)

- THIS (RECOLORED SO she still is unique)

- Aspiring Knight's Vest (Showing one of the recolour version, deserves several orange versions with *several* other colours AND the long awaited bug fix)

7) Things we see on NPCs only.

Of course I hope you're familiar with this thread by Alec_Fortescue. If not, please do click...

Am also including in the list some stuff we can have in "greens" or "blues" but are also mainly seen on NPCs, most though can't be worn yet :

- The one on the left

- Seen on Gamorrean, Niktos, and others, also available as a green

- Yeah... Again...

- Geez... Hood down again... (prolly you guys get the msg huh :jawa_wink: ?)

- the guy on the right, not the left one

- What the guy on the right is wearing, does it really exist ???

- What the Mirialan is wearing

- Well really, do check Alec's thread !

8) Have more, sell more, and cheaper.

You also asked for thoughts, on top of the specifics.

Your sets, as seen on the PTS, or even the single pieces, are too expensive, and the choice is limited. You may want to make us happy, and kill 2 birds with one stone, by having a much wider selection and lower *ALL* your prices.

Do you care that we get 2 or 3 pieces for the current price of one ? I mean : as long as we spend the Cartel coins you guys are happy no ? By lowering your prices and makes a much wider selection people will be more incentivized to actually buy stuff.

Just realize you *already* have made several mistakes in the gear department :

- The legacy non moddable gear has been a fiasco : do check your metrics...

- What a backlash you got with the Denova tier of gear and the infamous "banana" effect and people having to remind you about the K.I.S.S. concept.

- And many others...

Don't make those same mistakes again and check your assumptions over the pricing and the work you're willing to do to widen (or not) the range of gear available in the cartel shop, especially when it comes to already existing gear (some in the 150CC *ARE*).

9) We criticize because :

WE CARE.

:ph_thank_you:

Edited by Shoogli

OBVIOUSLY (and this has been pointed out a LOT of times in the first 3 pages I browsed...)

VENDETTA SET! (I've a hard time finding the top >.>)

either available as a CC purchase, either make schematics purchasable...

the other is, PANTS!!! lots and LOTS more options for PANTS... that are Light armoured (Shadows and Assassins desperately needs them... NOT skirts)

and if it's something that doesn't necessarily exist yet but CAN be made into the game,

the Mass Effect N7 Armour would AWESOME!!!

I know, I suggested making promotional items available in TOR for owners of other EAware games :) Like Mass Effect did with Dragon Age and Kingdoms of Amalur without runing he lore/feeling. Shepard-inspired armor in TOR would be amazing with either red stripe and Imperial insignia for the imps and blue stripe and Republic insignia.

10) Gree transmutation contraption.

Sell 1 for 200CC and 10 for 1200CC (for example) :

use = Apply on any item, keeps the look of it but strips it of any and all stats making it a legacy account-bound adaptive orange empty shell. (would work on wearables AND weapons).

Example :

[color="Lime"][Leatheris jacket][/color]
[b]Soulbound[/b]
endurance +10
Strength +15
[color="MediumTurquoise"]requires heavy armor[/color]

Would become

[color="orange"][Legacy Leatheris jacket][/color]
[b]Bound to Legacy[/b]
[color="White"]Armoring : empty
Mod : empty
Enhancement : empty[/color]
[color="MediumTurquoise"]Adaptive armor[/color]

11) Jawa Cartel pack of useless forgotten junk.

Sell 1 for 50CC and 10 for 500CC (prices are subject to change :jawa_wink:) :

Contains either (90% chance) a random orange piece already availabe in the game, or (10% chance) a Gree transmutation contraption.

Edited by Shoogli

The skimpy sentinel gear with all the leather straps and buckles, you know the one.

Also, the TD-07A Scorpion jacket, Agent style.

Oh and gloves in the style of the Marauder's Renowned Gloves with the handwraps and the spikes on the sides, I'm always envious of those.

Edited by DarthSpooky

Something needs to be done about the ugly robotic armor that marauders are forced to wear. It would make a lot of marauders very happy if this heavy armor robe was added to the cartel shop:

Primeval Paragon's Body Armor

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/153/b/8/sith_1_by_davis181-d5200tr.jpg#.UJQwMsXA_ik

Just make sure it's black...not yellow with blue stripes, not pink, not blue...just black :rolleyes:

I really want the outfit Nariel Pridence wears in the Smuggler class story for my Jedi.

http://i.imgur.com/MRmEl.jpg

Simple, practical, pretty.

As a Sage, I envied Deera Ulyette's outfit (the lady who gives the Republic side Nar Shaddaa bonus series).

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/5515.jpg

Kind of like the elegant dress, but less frilly, more professional, and the color doesn't make it look like a wedding dress.

In no particular order (the most use would be if these were adaptable)~

1) Something like Satele's boots and gloves/bracers

2) More middies in -all- armor types, esp. Heavy and esp. Rep side

3) More light armor pants (PS, the Ulgo stuff on Alderaan is hideous)

4) More trenchcoat options for both sides, esp. Republic

5) Middies WITHOUT BUTT KITES for the LOVE of the FORCE!

6) A slave girl type-top that doesn't have the loincloth drape

7) Robes that actually look layered

8) Stop with the short sleeves with long sleeves under - long sleeves, or no sleeves, but not both

9) A middie like the Aspiring Knight middie, hood up, no shoulderpad (leave the buckles/straps)

10) Adaptable thigh-high boots

There! I think that's it :)

I would really love to see some Jedi outfits with a bit of armor, but have the armor and robe in blue. There are plenty of (medium) armor chestpieces that have white or gold armor with white, tan or brown robes, but I rarely see any blue. I would love to see some more.

And if they have lights (which are always fun), could the lights be blue as well?

I would play handsomely for the following armors:

Thana Vesh's armor. I've been wanting that on my Sith Marauder for ages!!!

Jedi Battlelord Armor with the hood down.

The Sith Emperor's robes.

The armor seen in this screenshot from the Jedi Armor Progression trailer.

There are plenty more I'd love to see, but these are the main ones.

Edited by Kyneris

Normally I play Imperial, so overall no real complaints. However, if/when I play my Knight, I find it quite irritating that I can only get Jedi Guardian style armour on Scourge (aside from adaptive armour). Even with adaptive armour, nothing makes him look like the Sith he is, so it's a bit of a deterrent to having him out at all from an immersion perspective.

My suggestion is to allow (in this example, though it could equate to other classes/companions/scenarios through other crew skills) an Imperial synthweaver to craft moddable gear, and have it retain that appearance if you send it/sell it to Republic side characters. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it frustrating to send an awesome-looking piece of crafted gear from one faction to the other and find that it looks like the back end of a Hutt.

I would really love to see some Jedi outfits with a bit of armor, but have the armor and robe in blue. There are plenty of (medium) armor chestpieces that have white or gold armor with white, tan or brown robes, but I rarely see any blue. I would love to see some more.

And if they have lights (which are always fun), could the lights be blue as well?

This would be nice but I would request an Emerald Green as well.

Please please please make the male version of the Aspiring Knight's Vest available for females. I love the look of it so much, and was really disappointed when the midsection, sleeves and undershirt disappeared upon equipping. Keep the other version, because I know other people like it, but make a new version that keeps the look that the guys get. Please. And to push it a little further, I would also love this in a hood up version, but I will take it any way I can get it. :)

Please.

Thank you for considering.

Edited by lornalove
clarity

I would really like to see armor for Consulars a little more like Grand Master Satele Shan's.

Give us a choice of pants or robes for consulars.

Give us a choice of colors

Cartel Items should binds to legacy

Edited by TryRoon
Adding to post

I would pay real Sparkle Pony money for a moddable set of Boba Fett looking Mandalorian armour or a similar set with the same helmet (love the fett helmet).

would also love to see some more moddable masks that can be worn inside a hooded chest piece.

Satele Shan's outfit or similar.. would be awesome too.

I would pay real Sparkle Pony money for a moddable set of Boba Fett looking Mandalorian armour or a similar set with the same helmet (love the fett helmet).

Most Helmets that look like Bobba Fett's look either like this (visor is a bit too thin) or like that (visor is better looking proportion but there are jowls like blade on the cheeks).

There is however a single rare one, the Hellfire helmet, that has both the better proportion for the visor and doesn't come with the jowl blades. I love how my PT looks with it unified in white/beige because of the chest !

You may be lucky and find it on the GTN. It used to be 150k, the closer we get to F2P release, the higher it's going for now...

Hope it helps :jawa_smile: !

Edited by Shoogli