Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

I'll also toss in a vote for a plain, hood-up black robe. A couple hood-down robes, as well. More robes (and other armors) without giant shoulder pads...

Would also like to see a version of the crafted Aspiring Knight's set.

Someone mentioned the class starting outfits, which I also think would be nice to have.

Edited by Xaliah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydraulic Press Chestguard has a green version for imperial bounty hunters as a quest reward on Hutta. The custom version has the same name, but is not the same model.

The awesome one is teal and yellow and has a unique model I don't recall seeing elsewhere in the game.

http://imgur.com/5U0bW

So awesome.

Edited by RainBlast

+1 for plain black robe, with no Christmas lights, giant shoulder spikes or hideous colors.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/803/sithwarrior2.jpg <-------- needs to be in cartel shop ASAP.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4179/sithwarrior1.jpg

this jug robe would also work:

http://www.torhead.com/item/fzGnaO8/primeval-paragons-body-armor#.

Edited by Angelshooter

Some of my random thoughts after leveling a 50 of each class Pub side. Apologies for text wall.

For Consulars..There are a few sets in the game more closely resembling what I think a consular would look like. Satele Shan is wearing a fine example of this look. Tunics and pants>robes and gowns. At least for shadows, sages can go fluttering around in robes that's fine, but shadows should be more utilitarian in their appearance. They should look more like a blend of the Jedi with the Imperial Agent.

For Jedi Knights..Green Jedi Robes, from the Corellia quests. They are just green colored Rakata gear without the silly shoulderpads. Shouldn't be too hard to work in. It was nice to see Michael Stackpole had made his way into TOR, and I always liked the thought of Correlian Jedi being a little different, and easily recognizable. It would be nice for a human Jedi RP'er to have. And I liked how BW buried that little nugget into the story line, those are the little touches that make us dork-siders go nuts.

Fr troopers, I usually like the Rep military uniforms that the generals and colonels giving out the orders (quests) are wearing. In particular the uniform General Aves is sportin on Correllia, i liked the cut of his jib. The officers usually have something a bit more military-like in appearance. Basically I think Republic troopers should get a shoulder patch or two, perhaps something with the Republic logo on it, like everyone else in the army we serve in. And as we level up our ranks would be evident by the gear available to us and the insignias and devices we wear. By the time its over I should at least get an officers uniform, with a WELL STOCKED salad bar. I'm a friggin highly decorated, combat tested Major, FFS.

Truth be told I think if there was a dye system, it would allow us so much more individuality on our characters. Even if it was just a dye for the chestpiece, then you just click "unify to chest", I think it would open up lots of possibilities. I cant remember how many times i opened the model viewer to see how some random blue or green drop looks on my toon, and just been mad that I cant look like that in an orange. Almost 100% of the time it's nothing more than a recolor of a commonly seen set, that noone wears cuz who wears green cunning/defense. Talk about a waste of development time, the RE/vendor fodder usually looks snazzier than the purples i grind for, to me at least.

Or perhaps every armor/weapon out there could just be RE'd into an adaptive orange shell pattern, so we could just make what we want.

I like a lot of the short coats that are smuggler only, or that can't be modded. I would like to be able to put them on others or my companions.

There are not enough short coats! I like a sleek armor look.

I don't know, I just feel like the armor goes from super plain to super over the top with nothing in between.

Edited by lornalove
clarify

Hood down robes for Sentinels and Guardians. I'd prefer something along the lines of the character gen armor for the Guardian, and perhaps a hood-down brown robe similar to the Black Talon robe.

On the flip side a set of the Vader-like armor for Juggernauts. Marauders get several kinds, love to see one on a Jugg.

Marauders getting, say, the Jedi Myrmidon robe. Hood up a must.

Smugglers getting an the Corellia agent jacket in various shades (brown, black ect) because that really is the coat I think they deserve.

Troopers getting a white/blue version of the armor from character creation. Sans the backpack, please.

Bounty Hunter boots with a different style than the blocky ones they have. Usually it's chests I complain about, but maybe a set of decent boots? Course you can fix that with the "unify" feature because currently the Heavy Gunners boots don't unify well.

Sith Inquisitors would be WONDERFUL with a hood-down version of the moddable chest you get from DK. It's a great chest, but it hides a lot of face. Having the option for hood up and hood down? Wonderful!

Consulars I'd like to see a regular old plain brown hood down robe. I feel less Jedi-Like with those cloaks and such.

See all those green and blue quality armor models you have in the game? Just convert them all into modable pieces, they can still remain the same color blue or green quality, just let us be able to take out the mods and put in our higher quality armorings. that right there will increase the variety of usable armor models in the game with little effort on part of the programmers.

The gear which Adeline Marr wears in Bounty Hunter Act 2.

The gear which Iopiane Ratle wears in Bounty Hunter Act 1 (I know that similar gear exists in the game for Troopers, but not the same color scheme and I don't recognize the legs).

Sith Inquisitor helmets which can be worn under robes (please just change Kallig's helmet into such a helmet).

The gear which the Sniper wears at the end of the Imperial Agent Character Progression trailer (the white chest which looks similar to PVP tier 1, I like the gloves too).

...however whatever you do, DON'T MAKE THEM ONLY AVAILABLE FROM LOTTERY BOXES!

It's OK if they are also available from lottery boxes, but they should also be able to be directly purchased.

Edited by Rassuro

The White Imperial Trooper Armor on the NPC's Ilum. Chiss armor from Hoth, and the Revenite Robes from DK.

Also some of the Mandloran Armor from KOTR, this stuff was still supposed to be around in the time of New Hope so why (as recent as the war was in this time frame we do not have any sets).

The set that appears on the character select screen for Imperial Agent is pretty darn cool!

I also believe the Centurion and Champion sets were inadvertently retired without custom shells ever being released.

It'd be nice to get those back in as a craftable shell.

Edited by RainBlast

Supreme inquisitor armor. The Guardians have it as Myrmidon, but the other classes don't.

I'd also like the armor that the pvp weapons vendor uses on the imp fleet. It's basically a black version of the Imperial Agent Battlemaster Armor.

The imperial containment armor ( different color)

Revans npc robes ( the black version. Only greens are available atm)

Malgus armor

Satele Shan armor

And overall just more black sith robes/armor for repuic characters. The sith blade master for example is dark blue, not black. I'd like more black robes/armors.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I would like to see some of the sith warrior armour, columi rakata etc..... but minus the massive shoulder pads.. kinda like the ones in half the trailers.

Malgus chest piece, some come close but so far at the same time.

finally all the sith in all the trailers, mainly deceived, the outfits they have are awesome, there is some in game that look like it but not really at the same time, it would be great to look like one of them exactly.

More black armor. It’s just too hard to find some really dark customizable armor at the moment. For example some of the alignment restricted gear that was removed pre-launch is pretty dark, add this back to the game again but maybe without the alignment restriction (Annihilator's Chestguard is one example of this gear that I would love to get).

Make more headgear work with hoods. One example make a Death’s Claw style breathing mask work with the agent’s hooded gear just like it does in the imperial agent character progression video.

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/imperial-agent-character-progression

I really don’t like the new headgear that the Dread Masters are using. If they are going to continue to use this head gear (or really even if they do get updated headgear again) make their old headgear available to players. Like the headgear that Brontes and Styrak used to wear.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brontes

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Styrak

The Inquisitor’s Battlemaster gear already have versions of this headgear but please make new versions of this headgear without the collar attached to the headgear so that it works better with other robes than the Battlemaster robes.