RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh..right..actually the whole situation and mess that is this free transfer business is actually unacceptable. What can they do if not enough people are playing the game though?

Make an effort to keep those they have

You can stuff your insincere "congrats".

Higher populations don't mean a f'ing thing if the higher population is a bunch of ridiculous, immature, griefing know-it-alls like "Happyfeet51" and "Mrbungle". I'd rather take a bath in salted vinegar after sliding down a chute made from razor blades.

What on earth were you thinking, Bioware?!

RP names were never enforced.

RP names were never enforced.

Yeah? So? Did I ever claim they were? I'm just making the point that there's far more of that on ToFN than there was on LC. Just ike every other PVP server: A bunch of little immature brats who think they're so cool between their ridiculous names and their shiny epeens.

So, this sucks. Why are you basically ignoring the part of the server that were asking for an option for a rp-pve transfer?

My guess it's the outcome of the following:

a) the option to transfer to ToFN was BY FAR the most requested one

b) they probably don't have the tech implemented to allow for multiple possible destination servers

Edited by Rogoo

Your name is so appropriate :rolleyes:

I don't have a single character on any server with this name. It's a forum name, not a character name. I know how to use names appropriately, thankyouverymuch.

So how 'bout sliding down off of your high horse now, huh...

All I can say to all of this is bull****.

I have no desire to go to he Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I have no desire to play on a pure PVP server. I waited nearly 2 weeks for them to decide to screw me, as well as any other RPers who don't feel this is an equitable solution? F*** that!

Why did we wait so long, only to have them do something mundane, unimaginative, and, frankly, insulting? If I'd wanted to play on a gd PVP server, I would have went to one in the first place. To me, RP, and maturity of the players on an RP-centric server, are far more important than any (non-existent anyway) world PVP.

Pathetic.

(And yes, I know I sound pretty immature right now myself. But I am angry. I'm angry because I like this game, a lot. But I won't just sit by and be treated like this by company I once admired, and continue to give them my hard-earned $ each month. I deserve better, as does every other RPer on LC.)

My guess it's the outcome of the following:

a) the option to transfer to ToFN was BY FAR the most requested one

b) they probably don't have the tech implemented to allow for multiple possible destination servers

a) I don't care.

b) I highly doubt it. If that were the case, it might almost mitigate their actions, to some small extent, if they came out and said that. They didn't. And the interface for the transfers lends itself to players choosing a destination server. So I really don't think it's some sort of technical limitation.

In any case, it doesn't change the fact that they just **** on all the RPers from each of those three servers.

I have no desire to go to he Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I have no desire to play on a pure PVP server. I waited nearly 2 weeks for them to decide to screw me, as well as any other RPers who don't feel this is an equitable solution? F*** that!

Why did we wait so long, only to have them do something mundane, unimaginative, and, frankly, insulting? If I'd wanted to play on a gd PVP server, I would have went to one in the first place. To me, RP, and maturity of the players on an RP-centric server, are far more important than any (non-existent anyway) world PVP.

Pathetic.

(And yes, I know I sound pretty immature right now myself. But I am angry. I'm angry because I like this game, a lot. But I won't just sit by and be treated like this by company I once admired, and continue to give them my hard-earned $ each month. I deserve better, as does every other RPer on LC.)

You have my full support

hmm baisicly i see my options as stay on a dead server (ok if enough rpers stay might not be to bad but i cant see that happaning)

transfere to ToFN which is a PVP server and not what i want

or re-roll on Proginator which means i wasted my time lvling 4 50's and getting my legacy to 33

i feel kinda pissed about all those choices feels like Bioware dont care about the RPers :(

I don't understand why they can't just open it to both PvP and RP server types, this is even worse than having no transfers at all..

There's no incentive for our entire RP guild to play on a pure PvP server.

Edited by Alaisy

Shark fishing it is then....

In all seriousness this transfer is neither use nor ornament to me. If I wanted to play on a purely PVP server then I would have rolled on one to start with. Those two little letters make all the difference.

Please could someone clarify what 'As of right now' means. If that means we will be able to transfer to an RP server at 'some point' (and I don't mean paid transfers) then I'll keep going. I'll be patient. I'll wait. If not then Bioware have just condemned a eager and active community to a slow painful death. Thanks for that.

I really hope you selfish whining sods are happy with your transfer to TOFN. Oh wait.. you are. Bastards.

I agree that BW should have given us the option to decide whether to transfer to a RP server or a PVP one. However, the move to ToFN seems to be, for me, the best solution to the low population problem. I logged the other night and there were 422 players in the Imperial Fleet on ToFN, against 28 on LC.

Of course I'm sad that i've been forced to move to a PVP server, but that doesn't mean I won't do RP anymore. If the active RPers in LC move to ToFN we'll have a fine community to RP in that server. And i'm not going to use the "players with crap names" argument, since there were at least 3 different guilds with the word "Azeroth" in their name on the LC server..

I played WoW for 4 years on a RP-PVP server and we even had a guild devoted solely to crash other player's RP events and we still had lots of fun RPing.

I need a lvl 50 char to explore the endgame content, but I can RP with a character on any level, so i'll just roll a new one on the Progenitor and move on, whilst doing Hardmodes and Operations with my lvl 50 ones.

In conclusion, thanks BW for coming up with a solution that is only half bad. You are starting to improve!

Pathetic.

You have my support as well. I personally wanted to go to TOFN, but fully understand the frustration of the roleplayers that have no interest of a pure pvp server.

I hope someone among you will pick up the tourch and keep the flame burning in this thread, because trust me you DO deserve better!

Also, just because BW offered "me" a solution that happened to fall in line with what i actually wanted, does not by far mean that the poor and complete mismanagment of our server on BW's part will ever be forgotten. I will allways remember that how they treat their customers now - nothing can change that, however they can make it worse...by not heeding the calls for help of the roleplayers.

/support

//Twin

Oh and just to clarify something to the people who are wondering why the RP crowd were not 'vocal' about this issue before, or at least not as much as the PVPers.

We were the ones who remained patient, we remained calm, we didn't kick up a fuss and cry and scream and stamp our feet because frankly it never occurred to most of us that we would would be treated this way. We just thought it was a 'matter of time'.

This is pissing on us without having the courtesy of calling it rain.

Let people from all the other servers thats PvP or RP transfer to Lord Calypho as another option becouse of these reasons:

• Freedon Nadd have Queue times and they will be way to long when 1.3 comes
  • All my character names are taken on Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  • I like RP-PVP
  • I think that If Lord Calypho will be avaible to transfere to it will start to live agean

We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

Thanks. I'll be resubbing next month then.

However, I still believe it's very poor show that you're not giving the RP people the option to go to RP-PvE servers.

These EU RP-PvP servers are unique, so they should be given a unique option. It's fair because most of us on LC haven't been able to play due to not knowing if we were going to get transfers, where as most others have been playing on their new servers fine.

Why it took so long to come up with the solution is anyones guess. BW need to see these issues ahead of time as it's just making BW look even more foolish.

Thank you for reaching a decision.

I for one am happy with moving to ANY server with a high population.

Let's be honest, the majority of RP on LC was in guilds anyway, and what's to stop you RPing in an RP guild on ToFN?

Just because it isn't a DESIGNATED RP server, doesn't mean you can't recreate your RP guild from LC.

Some people are never happy :rolleyes:

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I love RP and PvP, but lord knows SWTOR don't exactly have a booming world pvp crowd, so if I have to give up on one, it would be PVP. It does not seem like it would be difficult to give us the option between either or. So why they haven't baffles me.

We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

excellent!

Let's be honest, the majority of RP on LC was in guilds anyway, and what's to stop you RPing in an RP guild on ToFN?

Just because it isn't a DESIGNATED RP server, doesn't mean you can't recreate your RP guild from LC.

Some people are never happy :rolleyes:

Why would we be happy? You may be completely blind to the RP community, but then I suspect that you like most PVPers don't leave the fleet too much. And though some RP does occur there, very little does.

I have two accounts full of characters which are used for RP reasons and with the exception of a couple who are used to help run a cross faction cantina for the RP community none of my RP is held within guilds. It is all inter-guild and even cross faction. I won't dispute that there are some RPers who restrict themselves foolishly to guild only RP but the beauty of having an RP server is that you are never quite sure who you will meet and how events will proceed.

I don't see that happening on a PVP only server.

I'm sure at this point you are rolling your eyes and if you are that only goes to prove why you don't understand why some of us are annoyed at the direction Bioware have taken. If you don't understand why this is a problem, fine, but rest assured to some of us it is.

Edited by Ellren

I really hope Bioware is reading all these posts...

As for me. I am almost hardcore RP'er, and I enjoy PvP to a great degree aswell, BUT I started to make characters on Lord Calypho because of general RP choice, not because it was an PvP server. I want play in a community where I can RP, and do quality PvP aswell, but if I had to choose, I would choose an RP server, simply because that's the main reason I choose this server.

I am from Crimson Moon, one of the officers there, and I enjoy playing/RP'ing/PvP'ing with all of my guild mates there, but the main reason I am still playing on this server, and not one of the more populated servers, is because I want to RP, and have a community surrounding that RP. I don't just want to PvP on a high level. If I wanted that, I would have chosen a PvP server. No, I want to RP, aswell as PvP. And since you can always PvP on ANY server anyway, the sole reason why a server such as Lord Calypho exists, is because people want to RP, ASWELL as PvP.

So, dear Bioware... Dear, dear, DEAR Bioware. Make the option for us to transfer to a RP server ASWELL as the PvP servers. I don't want to give up 70% of what I've done while playing SWTOR, which would be RP, and NOT PvP.