RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I think if they gave the option, there would be a lot more players who would complain they did not have a choice, and us "minority" had. That would escalade more than BW would want.

I am quite happy with the transfer. To be honest, I did not notice any RP (I even voiced this in this thread earlier), not even in my own guild and my guild did choose LC to RP there. But they never did RP at all. I did not see any RP anywhere else either, but some people used to say in the fleet that RP exist inside some of the guilds. If this is really the case, there is still nothing wrong with transferring, gathering the people who would want to RP and keep it that way.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if they gave the option, there would be a lot more players who would complain they did not have a choice, and us "minority" had. That would escalade more than BW would want.

Well Bioware themselves have stated this server is a unique case, so it warrents a unique solution?

To be honest, I did not notice any RP (I even voiced this in this thread earlier)

Just didn't look in the right places then! There is RP pretty much every single night on Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine on the Republic side, and Nar Shaddaa and Dromund Kaas on the Empire, plus little bits here and there.

By that logic, there never was a point behind putting RP on the tag then. It doesn't matter if the majority of the people joining this server didn't RP, it should be them "suffering" from this horrible server choice, and not the RP'ers for actually picking a server specifically made for their pleasure.

Uhh...did you not read EVERYTHING they said about the RP-PvP servers at launch? THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE! They said they won't be moderating the servers. Or the names or anything like that. So yes, there really WAS no difference between the RP-PvP server and the PVP ones, EXCEPT for the people who went to them.

Stop using common sense, you!

On a serious note, yes. This would be the best option, so both RP and PVP populations would be satisfied. Really... common sense.

It is a logical option but it is not an option that makes sense in the situation. Remember that there were free transfers from EVERY server. If we get 2 choices and everyone else only got 1 then there would be another thread of angry customers demanding fair treatment.

It is a logical option but it is not an option that makes sense in the situation. Remember that there were free transfers from EVERY server. If we get 2 choices and everyone else only got 1 then there would be another thread of angry customers demanding fair treatment.

Well Bioware themselves have stated this server is a unique case, so it warrents a unique solution?

I am quite happy with the transfer. To be honest, I did not notice any RP (I even voiced this in this thread earlier), not even in my own guild and my guild did choose LC to RP there. But they never did RP at all. I did not see any RP anywhere else either, but some people used to say in the fleet that RP exist inside some of the guilds. If this is really the case, there is still nothing wrong with transferring, gathering the people who would want to RP and keep it that way.

It did exist, granted the community wasn't that big (sadly) -- but not leaving those of us that actually did care about it, and put effort into it-- at least the possibility to move to another RP server is just wrong on so many levels.

That is not the case though? If you look at this thread and the one before it. The general consensus is that people wanted the option to pick between two servers, a PvP and a PvE-RP.

Well, I didn't count but dunno, maybe they can't have more than one destination right now so with this step, it enables a part of your community to move where they want. Sure, it's not an answer for some of you but well, you aren't the only ones that aren't satisfied.

I was glad to see that "Lord Calypho" got the option to transfer at last. Looks like it might not have been the perfect solution for all (and let's face it, you can't please everyone) but I'm happy you guys got the option to enjoy the higher populations.

Well, I didn't count but dunno, maybe they can't have more than one destination right now.

And that's fine, and I'm sure the people who want an RP server would accept that as an answer to it, if they have a technical limitation, for a specific problem, I doubt anyone expects them to put the time and money into creating a way to deal with it right now. The main thing that seems to irk people is that they just didn't address the RP populace of the server at all.

I'm sure we'd all be happy to hear "We can't do it at the same time, but in the next batch ect ect."

Edited by Adiari

You have to be kidding me. When Bioware says this is a "unique case" it doesn't mean unique in the way you're thinking. They just said that because they weren't ready to go forward with any action yet. It's really NOT that unique at all. There was only 1 RP-PvP server for English so it would make sense in the free transfer period to have the rp-pvp server move to the pvp server.

I will however give you the benefit of the doubt here because even though now they say this is the choice that makes sense and I've been saying this from the start anyway. They sure have taken a really long time to come out and say this. Much longer than warrants even my standpoint on this. The fact they took so long kind of did hint we we would have multiple options, at least 2.

You have to be kidding me. When Bioware says this is a "unique case" it doesn't mean unique in the way you're thinking.

I have to be kidding you? And does not mean unique in the way I am thinking? It only has one meaning that is applicable in the situation, so my comment still stands.

Edited by Adiari

--- maybe they can't have more than one destination right now ---

That most likely isn't true. If you look at the transfer interface, you need to first select the character you wish to transfer and then the destination, even if there is one. So if the interface was designed to have more than one option, surely it's possible to have multiple destinations.

Guys who transferred, since its so easy to lose each other in a huge community lets create a chat channel for ex Lord Calypho refugees.

So it can be like /cjoin lordcalypho and see good old people yet again :)

Edited by agmike

You have to be kidding me. When Bioware says this is a "unique case" it doesn't mean unique in the way you're thinking. They just said that because they weren't ready to go forward with any action yet. It's really NOT that unique at all. There was only 1 RP-PvP server for English so it would make sense in the free transfer period to have the rp-pvp server move to the pvp server.

You don't happen to be related to the Bioware employee who had this brilliant idea? You make as little sense as the decision does. The server is as much RP as it is PVP. You can keep arguing about it not being the case and that your point makes sense, but it won't change the fact. The outcry of the RP'ers reinforces that point, too.

I just can't fathom why people(even those who didn't RP) can't even support the idea of leaving those that actually DID RP, the choice to pick another RP server over a pure PvP one. Why defend this clearly half-arsed option so vigorously?

Will there be a choice of transferring to a pure RP-PVE server from the RP-PVP servers later on as well? I imagine all the roleplayers of the server would greatly prefer playing on an RP server to a PVP server.

From French topic:

Rough translation:

If you want a slightly more detailed view of the processes involved in any decision, consider the following:

- Team A indicated its plan to Team B.

- Team B passes the message to the team C.

- Team C returns to Team B shaking his arms in the air saying the plan is not viable.

- Teams B and C converse at length to be sure to be on the same page.

- Team A listens to the grievances of the C team as understood by Team B.

- Team B returns to Team C with a new plan.

- Team C approves and sighs a big blow.

- Team B announces that in fact the plan has changed dramatically due to factors not previously considered.

- Team C sighs a big blow and then approve.

Steps 1-8 can be repeated indefinitely, hence my lack of commitment. I hope to tell you more soon, but as this decision is not my responsibility, I can't promise you.

If this is the way Bioware says they work, why don't they do that also with us, their customers? Let's pretend that

Team A = Boss

Team B = Developers

Team C = Players

Well, that might be a bit too much.

Maybe,

Team A = Players

Team B = Devs

Team C = Boss

The key in this thing is communication. Communication Bioware, communication. You should have told us what you are planning so we can say the plan is not good. Which it isn't, and now part of the community was left out.

Thanks for the transfer. Was starting to worry about re-rolling yet again (did so already 2 months ago, deleted old toons and came to Lord Calypho) so a little relieved here. I too joined LC because it had a RP designation which was more likely to have mature players and appropriately named characters (in theory) so I am sorry to the RP crowd. Hope you get better treatment. Meanwhile I am at work and look forward to logging into my (over?) populated server when I get home. *shudders at the idea of the spam in General chat but meh I can handle it*

You don't happen to be related to the Bioware employee who had this brilliant idea? You make as little sense as the decision does. The server is as much RP as it is PVP. You can keep arguing about it not being the case and that your point makes sense, but it won't change the fact. The outcry of the RP'ers reinforces that point, too.

It does make sense. I haven't said I support Bioware's decision. If you read the rest of what you quoted you will know that even though I support the free transfer to tofn for our rp-pvp server I do not and can not support bioware's handling of the situation. 2 weeks for a solution to the problem that many non-dev's pointed out straight away is completely unacceptable. However, I will never agree with you that because it's got an RP tag on the front means we are an RP server. It is not. RP-PvP, RP, PvE, and PvP are all different server types and should've been handled differently. However, seeing as there was ONLY 1 RP-PvP server type for English, it makes a lot of sense to offer the free transfer to the PvP server. It has been mentioned before and it will probably continue to be said, but bioware has done NOTHING to help the RP scene from the beginning and even said that all RP type servers will have no RP enforcements. Be that naming, chatting, etc. Hence, most people were already aware from day 1 that Lord Calypho was never truly an RP-PvP server. More than anything it was just a PvP server.

It does make sense. I haven't said I support Bioware's decision. If you read the rest of what you quoted you will know that even though I support the free transfer to tofn for our rp-pvp server I do not and can not support bioware's handling of the situation. 2 weeks for a solution to the problem that many non-dev's pointed out straight away is completely unacceptable. However, I will never agree with you that because it's got an RP tag on the front means we are an RP server. It is not. RP-PvP, RP, PvE, and PvP are all different server types and should've been handled differently. However, seeing as there was ONLY 1 RP-PvP server type for English, it makes a lot of sense to offer the free transfer to the PvP server. It has been mentioned before and it will probably continue to be said, but bioware has done NOTHING to help the RP scene from the beginning and even said that all RP type servers will have no RP enforcements. Be that naming, chatting, etc. Hence, most people were already aware from day 1 that Lord Calypho was never truly an RP-PvP server. More than anything it was just a PvP server.

And one more nail in the coffin is acceptable?

Please...