RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

... RP'ers at the moment aren't even sure whether they should laugh their butts off or cry their eyes out.

Exactly how I feel at the moment. I am happy Bioware did something, I'm happy most people got out of this mess now. But that leaves us, the RP'ers totally out of the picture.

Would it really have been that hard to put up two destinations?

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least something is being done (finally) but i have to complain still as your only catering to one side of the Lord Calypho community. Not everyone wants to play on a PVP server over and RP one. Is it just that your unable to open multiple transfer routes at one time or something? Thats the only explination i can think of for you to only open up one transfer destination. Sure a whole bunch of people are going to jump and move to a server where they have to wait 10 minutes before they can play, good for them. But what about the rest of us? We have to sit here and die with the server? At least give us some free gametime while we have to sit here with our thumbs up our asses being unable to do anything.

Lots of Love xoxo

I'm an RP'er an I'm SO happy about the transfer. You can be sure that there will be enough RPers transferred to Tomb and you'll be able to continue your stories there. Not a problem.

No, not really. Perhaps -you- can be sure, but I can't be. It's like telling me I should be sure to find cheese when going to the butcher. Wat? It's a PVP server and PVP alone, no RP. Just like there's only meat and meat alone at the butcher's, no cheese. Common sense. Sure, you may always dream or wish that RP'ers would come there, but I highly doubt they will. All the fellow RP'ers I've talked to so far are not even considering a transfer. They're actually busy bruising their faces by facepalming.

Edited by Kiyosa

In the history of not making sense - I believe this server transfer destination-choice, just took the first place.

There's better be some one, somewhere sitting with a trollface at Bioware right now, rubbing his small fat hands together and cackling like the Emperor.

In the history of not making sense - I believe this server transfer destination-choice, just took the first place.

There's better be some one, somewhere sitting with a trollface at Bioware right now, rubbing his small fat hands together and cackling like the Emperor.

Yeah becuase nobody at all in this thread was asking for that....

OH WAIT...yeah pretty much most people where

So, this sucks. Why are you basically ignoring the part of the server that were asking for an option for a rp-pve transfer? The choice of being stuck on a dead server or being stuck on a server with people only interested in pvp isn't really making us happy.

The cms said that you were reading this thread, and people even counted the consensus and the top request was a choice between pvp or rp-pve, which the server is a mix of from the beginning.

Maybe do another round of transfers to The Progenitor after the ones to Freedon Nadd has gone?

Please just don't forget the people that actually like the rp-tag.

Yeah becuase nobody at all in this thread was asking for that....

OH WAIT...yeah pretty much most people where

In case your eyes do not work correctly, or your common sense its just that lacking:

if you only take half of what people ask for in this thread, its not "pretty much what most people want".

Go reread every second post in this thread. They clearly demand ToFN AND The Progenitor.

(made it super obvious for you now :) )

Edited by zeoutsider

We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

Allright, this solved to the best possible scenario for me personally and for that i am glad.

However, i sincerely hope that you plan to allow those who dont transfer to TOFN to transfer to a pure RP server (For free) once this transfer is done with. Forcing them to either move to a PVP server where ppl might very well despise RP or stay on LC which will now be completly empty is really unfair.

We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

Thank you very much that our prayers has been answered. I was omw to buy terra :D; as I turn my PC just hoping that I will saw the light and I did saw a light in the end of the tunnel.

Nobody on Lord Calypho chose an RP server. You chose to see it that way. It is NOT an RP server. Please stop classifying it as such.

No, it is a Roleplaying-Player V Player server, you are correct, which by definition is an RP server, where you can also do world PvP.

No, it is a Roleplaying-Player V Player server, you are correct, which by definition is an RP server, where you can also do world PvP.

Except as Bioware will say and has said, it is unique, meaning it doesn't not particularly MEAN this. I don't disagree with you totally. However, too many RPer's see it as ONLY RP server with PvP. It is classified only as RP-PvP. To say it is an RP server is wrong as there ARE just RP servers...the RP-PvE servers you all refer to are actually only, and have ever only, listed as 'RP'. To say that people came to Lord Calypho for RP is one thing but to say that's why people went there. Far from it. If Lord Calypho was only an RP server, I would have never considered it. I won't speak for anyone else on that but I do get the feeling by how little people actually WERE RPing on our server that they weren't to bothered with it. I think the fact that it's an RP-PvP server is what attracted an older audience to the server, hence a really amazing community. ToFN made more sense for the free transfer than any of the other servers.

Does it make more sense than say... Having an option to pick between ToFN or Protaginator?

Stop using common sense, you!

On a serious note, yes. This would be the best option, so both RP and PVP populations would be satisfied. Really... common sense.

well that kinda suck's the RPers will probably get griefed if they RP on TOFN

still hopeing they'll let us transfer to the prog at a later date :(

Agreed. That would be the only decent thing to do.

Except as Bioware will say and has said, it is unique, meaning it doesn't not particularly MEAN this. I don't disagree with you totally. However, too many RPer's see it as ONLY RP server with PvP. It is classified only as RP-PvP. To say it is an RP server is wrong as there ARE just RP servers...the RP-PvE servers you all refer to are actually only, and have ever only, listed as 'RP'. To say that people came to Lord Calypho for RP is one thing but to say that's why people went there. Far from it. If Lord Calypho was only an RP server, I would have never considered it. I won't speak for anyone else on that but I do get the feeling by how little people actually WERE RPing on our server that they weren't to bothered with it. I think the fact that it's an RP-PvP server is what attracted an older audience to the server, hence a really amazing community. ToFN made more sense for the free transfer than any of the other servers.

By that logic, there never was a point behind putting RP on the tag then. It doesn't matter if the majority of the people joining this server didn't RP, it should be them "suffering" from this horrible server choice, and not the RP'ers for actually picking a server specifically made for their pleasure.

If the situation is unique like Bioware claims, shouldn't the solution then be unique too? I really feel like we've been left outside in this.

Probably will get flamed but people forced BW to create thoses servers then now that there's transfers, people force BW again to make a special case...

They made this decision probably because that's why more people wanted, the ones that don't want that, well, you are like all the other special cases and will have to wait for updates on the future plans.

Why not make LC a destination server? It's still not as bad in terms of populations. People who can come from both RP and PVP servers. We've quite PVP going here with really ****** teams that could use some further challenge... RP is almost dead on this server, so i don't even see an issue with non-rping players coming in. PvP/PvE oriented players don't have to participate in RP and RPers don't need to participate in end-game PvP (leveling might be an issue, but considering the way game is built and very few areas share quests with both factions - it shouldn't be a problem).

They made this decision probably because that's why more people wanted, the ones that don't want that, well, you are like all the other special cases and will have to wait for updates on the future plans.

That is not the case though? If you look at this thread and the one before it. The general consensus is that people wanted the option to pick between two servers, a PvP and a PvE-RP.