RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Let's be honest, the majority of RP on LC was in guilds anyway, and what's to stop you RPing in an RP guild on ToFN?

Please, do direct me to the survey you read that stated this. Because I know at least 20+ people who are in fact in either PvE or PvP guilds and RP on their own accord.

It's really mindblowing that people are trying to support the halfassed decision to give a server that serves two aspects (RP and PVP) only a single option, namely PVP. It's not fair, it's not just, it's not right. It's so painfully obvious that every single argument to support the one way transfer feels like trying to paint a pile of crap in pink and call it a candy.

Edited by Kiyosa

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care.

They always cater to the majority first. Such was the case with initial transfer policy and such was the case with this latest decision here.

b) I highly doubt it. If that were the case, it might almost mitigate their actions, to some small extent, if they came out and said that. They didn't. And the interface for the transfers lends itself to players choosing a destination server. So I really don't think it's some sort of technical limitation.

I agree. If that was the case they should have told us. Would mitigate some of the QQ.

In any case, it doesn't change the fact that they just **** on all the RPers from each of those three servers.

Not really. The majority of us wanted to go to ToFN. I still supported the option between PvP and RP-PvE (since I believe it's all about CHOICE), but never wanted to go to a PvE server personally.

Edited by Rogoo

Let's be honest, the majority of RP on LC was in guilds anyway, and what's to stop you RPing in an RP guild on ToFN?

Yeah... That is just... Nonsense, it's not the case at all. More to the point I don’t see why you feel the need to defend Bioware’s decision. Sure they have done a good thing with opening up transfers to ToFN, but that doesn’t excuse how they seemingly disregarded the other side of the coin, without even saying “Sorry xyz won’t happen.”

Edited by Adiari

Please, do direct me to the survey you read that stated this. Because I know at least 20+ people who are in fact in either PvE or PvP guilds and RP on their own accord.

It's really mindblowing that people are trying to support the halfassed decision to give a server that serves two aspects (RP and PVP) only a single option, namely PVP. It's not fair, it's not just, it's not right. It's so painfully obvious that every single argument to support the one way transfer feels like trying to paint a pile of crap in pink and call it a candy.

I like this metaphore!

What a pointless solution to the RP community of the RP-PVP server...as usual a half baked non thought out unjustifably delayed and inadequate response from the company with no experiance in MMO community management.

I dont want to move to a pure PVP server, I rolled on a RP server because I like the more mature community its playerbase affords...with the added bonus of I may be abl to take in some world PVP (which is borked beyond belief) now with the server transfers I'm given the options of:

1 - Move to a server I will not enjoy at all

2 - Stay on a server with very few players

3 - Re-roll on a server I do want to play on, loose the legacy/credits and characters I've spent the last 6 months building.

Could anyone from bioware even confirm that a paid transfer will be available to the RP-PVE server or a US RP-PVP server at any point, and if so give some indication of timeframe for that to happen (even if its "unlikely to be in the next 6 months").

Its pretty frustrating to have posted and seen posted so many times in this and the previous thread that one option would NOT fit all, only to see on option implemented.

What a pointless solution to the RP community of the RP-PVP server...as usual a half baked non thought out unjustifably delayed and inadequate response from the company with no experiance in MMO community management.

I dont want to move to a pure PVP server, I rolled on a RP server because I like the more mature community its playerbase affords...with the added bonus of I may be abl to take in some world PVP (which is borked beyond belief) now with the server transfers I'm given the options of:

1 - Move to a server I will not enjoy at all

2 - Stay on a server with very few players

3 - Re-roll on a server I do want to play on, loose the legacy/credits and characters I've spent the last 6 months building.

Could anyone from bioware even confirm that a paid transfer will be available to the RP-PVE server or a US RP-PVP server at any point, and if so give some indication of timeframe for that to happen (even if its "unlikely to be in the next 6 months").

Its pretty frustrating to have posted and seen posted so many times in this and the previous thread that one option would NOT fit all, only to see on option implemented.

Amen to that, brother. We can only hope this reaches Bioware.... Lord know they shut down my thread on the matter in less than 10 minutes so hopefully their at least paying attention to the thread they sent me off to.

Dear Bioware... We don't want to go to a PvP server... We want to be able to go to a RP server. Or at least be able to go to a RP server. Everyone in my guild, the Crimson Moon, doesn't want to go to a pure PvP server. They all want to go to a RP server, so we can actually RP with the community. On a PvP server, we can RP yes, but not WITH the general population, and we want to be able to do that.

So please. Reroute a distination to a RP server, or two. Thank you!

P.S: Just so we are clear: My guild, Crimson Moon, and I want to be able to go to a RP server!

Oh and just to clarify something to the people who are wondering why the RP crowd were not 'vocal' about this issue before, or at least not as much as the PVPers.

We were the ones who remained patient, we remained calm, we didn't kick up a fuss and cry and scream and stamp our feet because frankly it never occurred to most of us that we would would be treated this way. We just thought it was a 'matter of time'.

This is pissing on us without having the courtesy of calling it rain.

This exactly. From my 20-30 people guild two members posted, we both did it a few times. We thought that would be enough shouting about the RP choice as so many others were also speaking for it. So we remained patient and silent. Also I've not seen many members of our allies posting here, for the same reason I doubt.

I personally thought you Bioware wouldn't only reward the ones that (with all due respect) spam and whine the most. I thought you would be smarter to see the patience and maturity of the RP community, and at least consider giving something back in return.

But now I see, as many others have, that our trust was misplaced. Now that PvP players got what they wanted and we didn't, you will see the RP players come here whining.

We are out of patience. Could you say something, Bioware? Anything really.

Edited by Scalarik

The point of this thread was to make your views and opinions known by Bioware. Now for all we know their system isn't set up to allow transfers to multiple destinations from 1 origin, but if the RP comunity felt/feels so strongly about it then why didn't they come and express their opinions before? I was telling everyone in my guild to come here and post what they thought! If you didn't and your friends didn't either then how is Bioware supposed to know what you want?

Oh and just to clarify something to the people who are wondering why the RP crowd were not 'vocal' about this issue before, or at least not as much as the PVPers.

We were the ones who remained patient, we remained calm, we didn't kick up a fuss and cry and scream and stamp our feet because frankly it never occurred to most of us that we would would be treated this way. We just thought it was a 'matter of time'.

This is pissing on us without having the courtesy of calling it rain.

BW are a company. The only way they'll listen is if you're vocal. I agree. The RP people on LC were always nice, they need the option to move as well. I've moved to the PvP server, I just wanted a place with loads of people, but will miss the respectful RP people.

But you all need to be more vocal. It's the only way they'll listen. They normally don't even listen to that, so staying silent is not the way to go.

In that case...

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

PROGENITOR TRANSFER!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?!

PROGENITOR TRANSFER!

...but in all seriousness, the entirety of Bastion on LC's Republuc side is pining for a RP-PvE transfer besides those who have posted here already. Does BioWare really have that much to lose by catering to the RP community?

I never post on the forums for any of the MMO's I have played, but this is something I couldn't just let go by without saying something.

While I do enjoy PvP, the only reason I made the choice to join Lord Calypho day one of starting the game was for the RP aspect of the server. While the general consensus here is that most people RP in guilds and should be fine if they stay in guilds on PvP servers, I always liked to RP without a guild, meet new people, engage with the community in-game and develop unique experiences with new faces daily. I wont get that on a PvP server nor will people like me. Frankly, giving a server that is a combination of two rather separate game mechanics ONE choice is unfair and leaves one group hard done by.

I had high hopes for this game, and the main joy I found in it was in the role-play. Life after level 50 for me personally felt empty compared to the other MMO's I have played at max level and RP was the sole aspect that kept me ongoing on that character. If I have to transfer to a PvP only server that will be severely damaged, I mayaswell just quit there and then

Edited by Estellaa

I want to say what a 100 other people have said. Give us transfers TO LC or From LC to another rp-pvp rp server. I really don't want to start all over again with my characters, most of my names are taken already for some mysterious reason. This is silly. Come on BioWare!

I would have took the pve server aswell as this choice or lack of choice bw gave me split me from my guild as most dont pvp like i do

Give the Rp players a choice!!

I am quite surprised that there was no choice in this... on the other hand BioWare keep making stupid decisions doesn't surprise me at all. And by letting the RP folks transfer last,they might have the most issues with character names that are now already taken... guess SWTOR will lose now many more subs.

This is suppose to be an MMORPG. So why aren't the RPers on LC being allowed to transfer to another RP server?

BW have lost the plot.

Actions like this are the reason SWTOR WILL end up Free-to-play in the not to distant future.

Edited by joeypesci

This is suppose to be an MMORPG. So why aren't the RPers on LC being allowed to transfer to another RP server?

BW have lost the plot.

Actions like this are the reason SWTOR WILL end up Free-to-play in the not to distant future.

Because to BW, MMORPG = Perpetual Cash Machine. I guess someone forgot to tell them that we RPers have our share of cash too. Well I guess it's not like I can't find something better to do with mine...

Not so dear BioWare,

Thank you for opening the transfer gates. Those people that want PvP deserve it.

Unfortunately, the RP in RP-PvP doesn't feel the same way. World PvP is almost non-existant, and either way it's such a blast to put missiles into some Jedi Knight named Not-a-kitten. The RP in RP-PvP came first for some of us, and instead of sending some transfers in the direction of your only English RP-PvP server (it's not like you have strict rules about RP anyway. I happened to send Rhaegar Targaryen flying a couple of times), you opened the flood gates, making the choice you wanted, when you wanted.

I've not been able to run almost any Flashpoint in your single player game, but yet I have no wish to do that in a team with Thebestsith, Hubbahubbathetank and Healmetuesdays. You made crowded servers. Hooray. That means than on a non RP server we will now have to deal with Dpsszor walking undressed through the random RP that he may or may not encounter. As fun as a kick in the ear.

And well, you opened Lord Calypho up for transfers, so the server will most likely head south, population wise (like, everyone that wanted to actually play your MMO-RPG instead of your RPG). There is no problem to stay on an empty server (as you stated, but I do have this feeling that pokemons will invade the dead servers; just because I don't really trust you at this point) as you've stated, but then again I have that hunch that we won't really get new people incoming, which pretty much makes it go down in flames (because some paying clients that you have tend to quit the game at some point - I know, it's crazy. There's a myth about real-life existing beyond SW:TOR, but don't take my word for it - which means no new members).

Let me sum it up:

1. I don't want a non-RP server.

2. I would like it more if I wouldn't have to wait 10-20 minutes to get to play. It's not crucial though.

Signed,

Not a happy camper in this moment

PS: and with luck Bioware, the relationship between you and me is not marriage - so we don't have to stay married for 1 year before we can get divorced.

I don't get people who rolled on a RP-PVP server and are now moaning they could transfer to a PVP server.

As for the RP part, it was never enforced in any way, it was all up to you. If you can't build that RP community wherever you go, then you're not going to get it on a RP server either. You're not even giving it a chance, you just transfered and you're just complaining. Must be hella fun to RP with you.