RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I don't get people who rolled on a RP-PVP server and are now moaning they could transfer to a PVP server.

As for the RP part, it was never enforced in any way, it was all up to you. If you can't build that RP community wherever you go, then you're not going to get it on a RP server either. You're not even giving it a chance, you just transfered and you're just complaining. Must be hella fun to RP with you.

No, but the RP tag indicates that this is the ideal spot to look for it. Otherwise there isn't a point at -all- to have that tag on is there?

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just handled so damn wrong it makes me mad.. I love this game but hell.... forcing us to move to a pure PVP server when we wanted RP?

How hard can it be to let those of us that wants to be able to move to a RP-PVE, to do so?

:mad:

I don't get people who rolled on a RP-PVP server and are now moaning they could transfer to a PVP server.

I dont understand people that roll on a RP-PVP server when they only want the PVP... easier opposition?

No, but the RP tag indicates that this is the ideal spot to look for it. Otherwise there isn't a point at -all- to have that tag on is there?
Maybe. But it didn't quite work out. No one could know if it would or would not. I don't see why Tomb can't become the next unnoficial awesome RP community. When the talk gets around people start to roll on a server, no matter what the definition is.

In Lotro the US server Landroval became just as much a RP server despite never having that definition before the merger, as the EU Laurelin, with it's RP tag from the start.

Edited by Noviru
referring to removed content

I don't get people who rolled on a RP-PVP server and are now moaning they could transfer to a RP server.

As for the PVP part, you can have it in warzones regardless of the server sort, since this game has practically no world PvP anyway. You're not even giving it a chance, you just transfered and you're just complaining. Must be hella fun to PVP with you.

See wat I did thar? Works both ways, yet you and others are too busy bashing the other side to see it from those people's perspective.

Edited by Kiyosa

As for the RP part, it was never enforced in any way, it was all up to you. If you can't build that RP community wherever you go, then you're not going to get it on a RP server either. You're not even giving it a chance, you just transfered and you're just complaining. Must be hella fun to RP with you.

The issue isn't getting rp started somewhere else. The issue is many people don't want to risk attempting to rp seriously on a server filled with people who aren't tolerant or rp scenarios. How many people on pure pvp servers do you know who will spot an rp situation going on and either involve themselves or move on and leave them in peace. Hell even on actual RP server you can't avoid people trying to spoil the fun for everyone else. The fault lies not with rp'ers being unable to create an rp community on a non-rp server but more the people on that non-rp server showing a lack of tolerance towards their rp.

To be honest neither side should have to tolerate the other, this is why they have seperate types of servers to begin with. All the rp'ers are asking is that they have the oppertunity to do their thing somewhere they know they won't be harrassed, simple as that. What i don't understand is why you feel the need to comment and insult the rp community because of it. I realise the rp part of Lord Calypho was never enforced properly but the fact that the tag was there informed people, who chose to create characters there, that you would be likely to experience rp on some level throughout your time on the server. Tolerance wasn't demanded or enforced but it was implied that you should have some. You will get no such tolerance on a PvP realm and neither should you as it is not there to cater to an rp community.

I'm a person who sees something good in everything. Same here. I was on LC, I transfered to Tomb (and Progenitor with my chars from Trash Ulgo), I would have preffered to be on a RP server and I would have preffered to have Bio enforce RP. But that's not so, instead I get more people to play with. Not too bad of a tradeoff either.

It's a new start guys, at least give it a chance.

Edited by Noviru
editing out removed content

You won't read this then, but honestly I'm a person who sees something good in everything. Same here. I was on LC, I transfered to Tomb (and Progenitor with my chars from Trash Ulgo), I would have preffered to be on a RP server and I would have preffered to have Bio enforce RP. But that's not so, instead I get more people to play with. Not too bad of a tradeoff either.

It's a new start guys, at least give it a chance.

It's a good thing to be easily satisfied, but some people want to actually receive what they're paying for and being forced to a single direction, without even what should be a given privilege of choice, is not their idea of spending their money to have fun. It's personal preference and mentality I suppose, yet everyone should be given a choice in order to have fairness.

It's a good thing to be easily satisfied, but some people want to actually receive what they're paying for and being forced to a single direction, without even what should be a given privilege of choice, is not their idea of spending their money to have fun. It's personal preference and mentality I suppose, yet everyone should be given a choice in order to have fairness.

Fair enough I suppose. Though I would not say that's 'easily satisfied', just good for the nerves.

Fair enough I suppose. Though I would not say that's 'easily satisfied', just good for the nerves.

Yeah, that's for sure :p It's just sad that the RP'ers always draw the short straw. If anything, we are usually the most dedicated group in any MMO that makes us happy with small things, staying loyal to it for years, regardless of PVE or PVP content, since we make our own content with RP and events etc. If game companies would only realize this fact...

Edited by Kiyosa

Someone counted the "votes" for each option on some post, and the option to choose between RP-PvE and PvP won by a mile. Why is that not enough of "vocality"?

My guess would be it's because they don't have the tech to allow two transfer options, simply because they did not plan it this way and they have chosen PvP server as the destination because that's what the majority wanted.

My guess would be it's because they don't have the tech to allow two transfer options, simply because they did not plan it this way and they have chosen PvP server as the destination because that's what the majority wanted.

Be that as it may, it would be fortuitous for BioWare to step in here with some yellow text and let the RPers know if this is it or not. Is there a next step to an RP server or not?

A question that needs answered.

Just an observation, don't flame me.

Be that as it may, it would be fortuitous for BioWare to step in here with some yellow text and let the RPers know if this is it or not. Is there a next step to an RP server or not?

A question that needs answered.

Just an observation, don't flame me.

Yeah, I feel the same, even a 'No' is going to be far better than this complete lack of communication that they seem to be offering to us right now.

Yeah, I feel the same, even a 'No' is going to be far better than this complete lack of communication that they seem to be offering to us right now.

Don't hold your breath. By my count, we get someone from CS responding at a ratio of one BW post to every 120 player posts on this thread.

Of course, what would they say?

"I'd like to inform you all that we are planning to discuss a meeting to talk flippantly about your unique situation and your unfounded concerns.

Let me explain how this works: Team A and Team B take in a show while Team C draws funny mustaches on the icon for your server on our Network Diagram. When Team A and Team B return, Team C will go to Team B and ask how we should respond. Team B will ignore the question, claiming it is Team A's responsibility to placate the masses. Team C will go to Team A, who will have coincidentally all called in sick. Team C will give up, come on this thread and post something noncommittal and innocuous, expecting the problem to die down in a few days when no one else responds and all those affected give up and unsub."

First of all thank you BioWare.

Its great to be on The Tomb of Freedom Nadd.

- Over 500 people in fleet (2 instances at some time).

- WZ pop level 50 in 10 secs, 30 secs for level 30 (10-49)

- finding level 30 FP Cademimu group took 30 mins (been 1 week looking for this)

- arrived on Alderaan at mid nite, 70 people (not even in December was LC so crowded)

- went to Balmoora level 20 Sith side, 90 people at mid nite

BTW had little to to no lag up to 150 persons on fleet, While at 250+ I had.

But strangely I had some lag in Aldeeraan will see if it happens again tomorrow.

Looks good, and for me this game is completely revived! Well done.

Hello Ri_Aminus,

The announcement regarding the opening of character transfers for the Lord Calypho server was posted this morning.

Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman

UPDATE 9:30AM CDT June 21st, 2012

Origin Server --> Destination Server

European Server (English)

Lord Calypho --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

European Server (German)

Jen'jidai --> Jar'Kai Sword

European Server (French)

Huntmaster --> Darth Nihilus

For complete list of servers eligible for transfers, go here.

You will now be able to, if you decide, transfer your characters currently on Lord Calypho to the pre-selected destination server Tomb of Freedom Nadd.

For additional discussion on this topic, we're going to ask that you join the following thread: RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

Joining this thread will help us to keep the forums organized for the community. Thanks for your assistance!

For more information regarding the character transfer process please refer to our community blog - Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

Notannos | Community Representative

Why? It's not like anyone of you is coming on here and actually trying to justify the way you've crapped all over those of the RP community on LC who have no desire to transfer to the infantile ToFN pure PVP server. I mean, it's a great way for us to get it off our chests, but it's not like anyone's even listening, except for the griefers who think it's funny, and those of us who feel like we've just been punched in the gut. Why send anyone else here? To what end?

And this has never actually been a discussion.

I'm still glad of the PvP transfer option. The population growth is miles better. However, I think it's really poor show that the RP people haven't been given an option to go to a RP-PVE server. Peter Moore is already talking about Mircrotransactions and Free-to-Play being the way EA is going to eventually probably go (with all games), the way this transfer it being handled for the EU RP-PvP people is poor, and gives EA more justification to go ahead with their plans. All because share holders want to see progress.

Instead, BW managers could show some balls and make their own decisions that will benefit BW and the community. Give people options. Give the RP people the option to go RP-PVE, you'll get praise and they'll carrying on subbing. Then everyone will be happy.

Why they can't see that is anyone's guess. Why can management never manage properly? Why is it always the lower down people that can actually see the solutions but never get paid the wages the high ups get.

Low down IT Engineer to Manager - "Moving us to the small room and making this the server room is a bad idea. Just upgrade the current server room".

Manager "No. We need to ask the Consultant."

Very Expensive Consultant "Don't move them to the small room. Just upgrade the current server room".

IT Engineer "That's what we already fing said. They paid £50k for him to tell them what we told them. FFS."

That's like BW and the transfers.

What...the...hell...:mad:

So this is why we had to wait over a week longer, just a transfer to a PVP server? Where is the RP option??:mad:

I joined this server type mainly for the roleplay, with the added bonus of open world PVP to enhance my RP-experience. I have zero interest in joing a pure PVP server.

I'm extremely disappointed in Bioware with this approach, you'd think that a game company with its roots in RP games would be accommodating to its roleplaying fan base.:mad:

Adios, I'm done with this game.:mad:

I just wanted to throw in my two creds & support the request to allow those on Lord Calypho to choose to move to an RP server.

It does feel like those of us who joined LC more for the RP aspect are being left out in the cold. Many of us chose the server because we wanted to RP but with a bit of added tension, but found more that we were simply a minority & have being over run by people with no interest in RP, just the mind set of red = dead.

Giving the EU RP-PvP server crowd the choice between moving to a PvP server OR a RP-PvE server would seem much fairer & a lot less alienating....

I wont write much

there are claims that rp is not a real issue/label... on my sever one deses pvp with rp....does pve with rp and does.. rp---

he does everythng with rp

More gametime rp on manny accounts then for pvp ot pvr content invrested....

I wait you will enable transfers from us to the progenitor after the cybebies moved on... test of fait... gral awaits.

Edited by Andram

ok

First of all ty for the chance of having a transfer after 2 weeks of crying LOUD for it

Ressubed

Now:

Half victory man :(

I say half because i rolled LC om 12/22 saw it going up and down, very good pvpers from wich i learned in the only way u learn..been destroyed and having fun

Is a half victory because there are still pll left with no options, good ppl, respectfull and mature. The kind of ppl that u know u will have NO PROBLEMS

If it is a technical issue and Bw had to choose one solution ok. I hope and i really desire that they can offer the RP players on LC a solution to move to greener pastures

Please BW give the RP guilds and players the chance to move to the Progenitor (for what i read is the server of choice)

TY AGAIN

PS: WE actually had a thread closed and a lot of posts asking for LC ppl desires , even myself typing in gchat on the server to ppl to post what they desire in the forums to make their voices been heard HERE

Personally is a bittersower taste

sorry for my english

Adios, I'm done with this game.:mad:

Rather than just going, you should give it a short while, they have not said they won't try and accommodate us who take preference towards roleplaying. I'm hopeful they will do something to help us. Just got to give them a little more time!

Funny thing is that the RP tag probably makes a much bigger distinction on a server than what either the pve or the pvp tag does.

I'm willing to wager that there's a lot of people playing pvp even on pve servers. You'd be silly to go against that bet. The only real difference between a pvp and a pve server is that you can be attacked in the open world... and let's be honest, there is no world pvp in SWTOR. How long has Ilum been down? There is much more RP than WPvP... at least there was on Lord Calypho. :(

It's a depressing situation. Lord Calypho has been bled dry and I feel no desire to follow everyone to the tomb of freedon nadd.

Edited by Majspuffen

I tranferred my main to ToFN but already regret it.

Plenty of ppl around in the fleet, yes, and im not anymore alone on a planet and I can find groups rather quick...like you'd expect to see in a...you know....MMORPG.

But RP atmosphere (some call it immersion)? Forget it! Its bunny hop world with stupid character names....mmmh

Will wait for the famous group finder and see how it improves gameplay.

Guess I will stop playing this game after that...at least there is SWGemu....