Cathar!

Personaly I dont like Cathar but Bioware wil never please everyone so I am happy they are adding more species. I can't belive Cathar would be the only new species released, so I am hoping on Kel'dor and Gran making it playable but wil have to wait and see.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure there was a poll in the past and most people were selecting Cathar. I remember i was surprized because i do not like them. Looks like they are going with the popular choice.

If you want to continue wearing you catgirl suit while playing TOR in the privacy of your own litterbox, "dude", then more power to you.

I would've preferred to see more iconic species (kel dor, togruta, nautalon, wookie) than cathar.

Trying to put on me the furry wearing fetichism? Pathetic.

Hey, trying to insult people with half-assed comments,if that's how you are dude, fine by me, it's your life.

Community: We want more species! GOD.

Bioware: We give you... CATHAR!

Community: We want a different one!

Bioware: ...

But seriously.

I hope the next one is trandoshan. I want to beat up a trooper named captain kirk in a hand to hand brawl as a trandoshan... really badly.

What do you guys want next?

(Ps: ty bioware for more species.)

I'd like to see bothans and rodians

Bioware choosing the easy way comes as a no surprise by now.

Easy for BioWare means less artwork, which means less resources required, which means faster to implementation, which means sooner in our hands.

Why do so many players on the forums act like resources are unlimited and schedules non-existent?

I am pretty sure there was a poll in the past and most people were selecting Cathar. I remember i was surprized because i do not like them. Looks like they are going with the popular choice.

Informal poll, last updated January 18: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=138373

Top 3:

1. Togruta

2. Nautolan

3. Cathar

Since #3 is the easiest to use with existing art assets one can assume that's why it was picked.

Discussion continues here, but poll was not updated: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=231833

Edited by Kthx

So Bioware announces plans to implement a new race OUTSIDE AN EXPANSION - something MMOs simply do not do. They pick one of the consistent top choices for new races according to the community; a race certain to appeal to a lot of players. They pick a race that doesn't have odd clipping problems and one that speaks Basic so they can implement it more quickly and cheaply, which absolutely makes sense. And what happens? A goodly portion of the forum whiners moan and complain that they don't like this race, and therefore "nobody" wants it.

Seriously, there's no pleasing some people.

I wanted more exotic ones like trandoshan as well. But all the voice overs are human (or near-human) sounding so I doubt we will get any soon :(

Cathar was an obvious choice though. It's already in the game and won't cause any problems with helmets (cough*twi'lek*cough*)

Though I'd like trandoshan. Even if they just use the random alien babble for their voice overs.

Edited by NasherUK

Cat-Hair allergy. Nuff said. So in which Star Wars Movie did Cathair appear again? Huh? And what does George think about that? Was that the reason George retired a couple of days ago?

Dunno, but he deffinatly said no to wookie as playable characters... EVER again :p

Am I the only person that wonders why you couldn't simply have the non human alien races speak Basic instead of howling or hissing? We know from the Clone Wars that Trandoshans at least can speak Basic.

Where exactly is this top ten list? :confused:

Kthx linked to the latest poll in this thread. It's top three results have always been consitent, even before the forum reset back in December. I'll quote Kthx below.

Informal poll, last updated January 18: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=138373

Top 3:

1. Togruta

2. Nautolan

3. Cathar

Since #3 is the easiest to use with existing art assets one can assume that's why it was picked.

Discussion continues here, but poll was not updated: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=231833

And thanks, mate. You have saved a lazy man from having to search for himself!

I should point out, Cathar aren't a bad choice for a new species. Just not as the only new species, and definitely not the first new species. Now, if Bioware is still holding some cards close to its chest about new species, and the Cathar are one of two or three new species, then that's one thing. A choice is always a good thing. But if Cathar are the only new species to be added, Bioware is shooting themselves in the foot.

Even before the game launched, there was a lot of grumbling about the lack of species choice for character creation. A lot of grumbling. Adding only one species? And a species that wasn't even in the top two? Not a wise decision.

I see Cathar as a "cheap" race to give us since it's so easy to implement, I said I'd resub if they offered new races but this isn't one I'd consider returning for, Tagruta, Nautolan etc are worth it but looking like a human with fur isn't appealing.