Cathar!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Cathar are on my list of playable species I'd like to see implemented, but they're not the top spot.

But all the others, Kel Dor, Rodians, Togruta, Mon Calamari need more work.

So I'll gladly take the Cats, but I really hope that I'll see those other four soon as well.

Oh and Bioware? Disappearing Hoods or Lekku won't fly with me, clear?

Bad enough that the Twi'Lek still have these problems. But for future potentially cartel coin species?

No way, no how. Will not do. Do it right.

Well, Cathar are on my list of playable species I'd like to see implemented, but they're not the top spot.

But all the others, Kel Dor, Rodians, Togruta, Mon Calamari need more work.

So I'll gladly take the Cats, but I really hope that I'll see those other four soon as well.

Oh and Bioware? Disappearing Hoods or Lekku won't fly with me, clear?

Bad enough that the Twi'Lek still have these problems. But for future potentially cartel coin species?

No way, no how. Will not do. Do it right.

Finally someone reasonable. Cathar weren't at the top of my list, either, but they were the most popular and the easiest to implament (having normal sized heads).

Species like Togruta, Chagrians, Nautolans and Mon Calamari will take same time to implament due to their complexity.

Species like Wookiees, Droids and Jawas (seriously, some people want to play Jawas) will never be playable, mainly due to their inability to speak normally.

As for Rodians, I'm not sure. Can they speak Basic?

Edited by Okamion

I have played Imp Agents, Troopers and Smugglers and so Far I guess that I only saw ONE SINGLE Rodian speaking basic, don't remember when or where.

Anyway, I would like to see the Nautolans too.

Before the announcement it -

Everyone : "WE WANT CATHAR! WE WANT THEM NAO!"

After the announcement -

Everyone: "WHAT??? WHO THE HELL ASKED FOR CATHAR???".

This is the kind of attitude I don't understand.

People ask for something to be implemented and when they announce it is going to be there, people start to complain that it's not what they asked for...

I'm one of the ones that is REALLY excited to get a Cathar toon! :D

Anyway... humans... :rolleyes:

Edited by Haggardbr

I know what you mean. I don't understand why so many people choose to play humans.

You're already human in real life, be a little creative!

ROFL! :D

Well, most of my toons are humans, but now, in the new server that I am (Canderous Ordo), I have a cyborg Agent, A human Trooper and when the cathars come out, a Smuggle he/she will be.

Cathar, the stupid cats that look like they had botched plastic surgery. Way to go BioWare! That's just what we needed.

Agreed Cathar look awful.

It looks more like child face paints than a new species.

Can we please get species that look like species and not various painted humans. I can't understand why this is so hard, what the art team are doing or why so many other MMO's seem to manage it and TOR can't. Even people that want to play a cat species you are better off going over to STO and play a Ferasan or GW2 and a Charr.

BW seem to be doing nothing to try and save this game, of late all we have seen is a very average 1 week event.

Agreed Cathar look awful.

It looks more like child face paints than a new species.

Can we please get species that look like species and not various painted humans. I can't understand why this is so hard, what the art team are doing or why so many other MMO's seem to manage it and TOR can't. Even people that want to play a cat species you are better off going over to STO and play a Ferasan or GW2 and a Charr.

BW seem to be doing nothing to try and save this game, of late all we have seen is a very average 1 week event.

As has been mentioned, Cathar were voted for. So you're complaining that Bioware are listening to the players...

Interesting logic.

Me personally, I like Juhani from KOTOR. She was a great character! So I like the Cathar in general, but it does not excite me to play one. Not because I don’t like them, except for Aric Jorgan who is annoying as hell, but because there are other species I think bring more to the table. Would love to have a Trandoshan Bounty Hunter! His voice could be basic with a deep, wispy, hissing sound to it. I don’t care, it would be cool! How about a Sullustan Smuggler, Togruta Jedi or Consular, Mon Calamari Trooper or whatever order/slash class you choose would be cool. All I am saying, that I initially was not pleased by the announcement of Cathar, but I am warming up to it every day a little more. Just, bring the other aforementioned ones too and I will be a happy camper. Oh, and add transfers to the mix and I am a very happy camper. I like the direction the game is going. It is fun! I will keep subbing, because the game is fun. Just want extra species to keep me wanting to level alts. Anyway, Cheers!

I just laugh when people complain about Blizzard's Kung Fu Pandas when Bioware gave us the Thundercats. Lol.

the issue with the Kung fu panda is the fact that they were a April fool joke back in wc3, a neutral race with no reason to ally permanently with any of the faction because they arent under threat.

Cathar have reasons to ally with both faction in SWTOR:

• Republic: nothing to say here, we all know they are pubs :p
  • Imperial: The republic imprisoned a Cathar Prince on Belsavis that believed to have been killed in a civil war on Cathar or something.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

I really don't get all the complaining in this thread. :(

If I would have been asked, I would have voted for a lot of races, but Cathar would not have been among them (instead I would love to be able to play a Hutt smuggler or bounty hunter). Still, a lot of people asked for them to be included -- which is now going to happen; and I think this is great. The more options, the better, even if I (probably) won't use them. :)

So... What exactly is it now that's so bad about Bioware adding new content?

Just my 2 cents, Niko

Trandos won't be that hard to do. They already have the character models from random mobs on planets to the Trandos in Denova. As for voice overs you can have them speak Dosh. They already have the voice overs for Dosh from current convos with Trandos. Plus that was atleast on the top 10 species list unlike cathars.

Finally someone reasonable. Cathar weren't at the top of my list, either, but they were the most popular and the easiest to implament (having normal sized heads).

Species like Togruta, Chagrians, Nautolans and Mon Calamari will take same time to implament due to their complexity.

Species like Wookiees, Droids and Jawas (seriously, some people want to play Jawas) will never be playable, mainly due to their inability to speak normally.

Cathar were always at the top of my list even back during the early days of beta. I personally liked the Cathar characters in the Old Republic comics and enjoyed playing Juhani in KotOR, though her subspecies never interested me as much as Crado and Sylvar did. I would not mind Togruta or Nautolan as the next playable race, though BW needs to fix the lekku/head-tail/montrail issue (still somewhat broken with Twi'leks, the reason I haven't created one yet).

As for Rodians speaking Basic, I've seen it in some of the EU comics (though that might be to make it easier on the penciler/inker) and there have been a few that do in the Clone Wars TV show (yes I know how some people feel about it, but I enjoy the stories). The Wookieepedia has them listed as speaking Rodese, Basic, Huttese, so it is possible. I think the problem is armoring more than anything, but that's just me.

the issue with the Kung fu panda is the fact that they were a April fool joke back in wc3, a neutral race with no reason to ally permanently with any of the faction because they arent under threat.

Cathar have reasons to ally with both faction in SWTOR:

• Republic: nothing to say here, we all know they are pubs :p
  • Imperial: The republic imprisoned a Cathar Prince on Belsavis that believed to have been killed in a civil war on Cathar or something.

Actually, the real issue with the KFP thing is that the abilities given to Pandaren and to the class of monk ARE ACTUALLY THINGS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE Kung Fu Panda movie. I mean, first it was an April Fool's joke, then it was in a game... Then you could get a pet, and now it's the theme of an expansion and everything is borrowed literally from a children's movie? Horrible.

Cathar are real, and have existed in the SW universe. And they will probably be added in a serious way, not the joke that is dropping next month from Blizzard.

Most Rodians are incapable of speaking

And the biggest problem with Jawas is the biggest problem with Wookies: The height issue causes a huge problem when it comes to cut scenes. Already on body type 3 and 4 characters, the top of heads can be cut off in some scenes. Type 1 and 2 fit fine, but 3 and 4 are squeezed in as it is... I can't imagine what a Wookie would look like. You'd be staring at his chest at the top of your screen... Then you'd see a Jawa's eyes at the bottom if you're lucky.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.