Cathar as a Playable Species

iamthehoyden

Being married to an active duty Soldier, I can not tell you how awesome it is to see their faces in those moments. My husband literally choked up every time I told him we were expecting. Soldiers make awesome daddies.

I got a little misty-eyed when I read this. Very very sweet.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I can't wait for this!

I wonder if more character slots will come along with the release of the Cathar, heres hoping :)

kitty cats with shotguns..gonna be awesome :3

Edited by Jakesey

Being married to an active duty Soldier, I can not tell you how awesome it is to see their faces in those moments. My husband literally choked up every time I told him we were expecting. Soldiers make awesome daddies.

Being a veteran myself, it's the only romance arc I have any sort of problem with, tbh. I have to remind myself that the Republic Army has a different UCMJ than the US Army, so I can bring myself to romance Elara. It's one of the funny moments where RL kind of intrudes for me and I keep thinking "I would get thrown into Leavenworth for romancing a subordinate NCO as her CO. Or at least get kicked with a GD. And then I laugh at myself and just have fun with it. :D

Not that I've seen. The only thing that worries me now is how many are going to name their characters "Cheetarah", "Liono", "Panthra", etc....

Personally, as a huge Chris Roberts fan, I'm going with Hobbes. Wing Commander FTW! :D

There is a Cheetarah (Twi'lek) on my server who's been 50 forever so I'm pretty sure it's her/his main. She is probably raging. :)

what people find cool/lame is a matter of opinion and will vary a lot.

I think the biggest problem with trandoshians is their heads look like puppets when they talk. Also not sure if any speak basic.

Edited by chuixupu

:csw_trooper:Cathar, bioWare/EA official response to Blizzards pandas, both are lame, they could have made Trandoshans a new playable species, as many have said “they are already in game”. :csw_fett:

Trandoshans don't work within the boundaries set by BioWare for what equals eligible for a playable race, they are not leaving out races just because they want to.

Being a veteran myself, it's the only romance arc I have any sort of problem with, tbh. I have to remind myself that the Republic Army has a different UCMJ than the US Army, so I can bring myself to romance Elara. It's one of the funny moments where RL kind of intrudes for me and I keep thinking "I would get thrown into Leavenworth for romancing a subordinate NCO as her CO. Or at least get kicked with a GD. And then I laugh at myself and just have fun with it. :D

This made me giggle. You get a fist-bump, dear sir or madam.

I am all for Cathar, hope there are more incoming also. Really want to play Torgruta, or Nautilan or Mon Cal's! (Narlock rocks!).

And there are so many more, I would love to see!

Keep up the great work Bioware! :)

:csw_trooper:Cathar, bioWare/EA official response to Blizzards pandas, both are lame, they could have made Trandoshans a new playable species, as many have said “they are already in game”. :csw_fett:

Ummm don't Trandoshians have a bit of a language barrier from being mains? Personally I might have preffered Kaleesh, but the Cathar are only the FIRST new species they revealed. They probably have maybe 3 more on the way as well.

While I am happy for those that are pleased, I do not get the infatuation with cat-people. I prefer cats to dog, but simply do not get why so many are eager to play a cat-person.

Added to that is the fact that if you take the live action movies (not sure about the animated stuff), exactly zero Cathars are a part of it. Regardless of that I can think of five species off the top of my head that are better suited for a Star Wars game: Ithorian, Wookie, Rodian, Trandosian, Yoda's race and I do not think it would take much searching the internet to find a dozen more races that are more relevant to Star Wars than cat-people.

While I am happy for those that are pleased, I do not get the infatuation with cat-people. I prefer cats to dog, but simply do not get why so many are eager to play a cat-person.

Added to that is the fact that if you take the live action movies (not sure about the animated stuff), exactly zero Cathars are a part of it. Regardless of that I can think of five species off the top of my head that are better suited for a Star Wars game: Ithorian, Wookie, Rodian, Trandosian, Yoda's race and I do not think it would take much searching the internet to find a dozen more races that are more relevant to Star Wars than cat-people.

Ithorians cannot speak basic I believe, neither can Wookiees or Trandoshans. Rodians could and I imagine they might come, eventually. Yoda species is not only an extremely rare one, but also tiny. The problems with it would be immense technically. I think they've said that they don't want to have any species playable that can't speak Basic. Not only that, but they would have to re-record every single quest on every single class, twice, if the player couldn't speak basic.

You can't just say "I want" without taking technical limitations and hurdles into account.

It's because it's easy to implement in game. Things like Cathar are near human enough that adding them is no big deal. I expect we'll see something like Togruta in the future or other species that are highly prevalent in game. For myself, I'm looking forward to this addition. I have an old character I can bring out of retirement now.

Added to that is the fact that if you take the live action movies (not sure about the animated stuff), exactly zero Cathars are a part of it.

So? The same can be said about Chiss, Rattataki, Sith Purebloods, and so on if I'm not mistaken. The simple fact is that Star Wars has grown beyond the scope of just the movies and the game reflects the EU and not just the movies.....also Cathar probably weren't too hard to add. I expect to see races that are progressively "harder" to add as time goes on.

I can see nautolans and togruta being added - they both have fairly human-like faces in a general sense. Ithorians, wookies, trandoshans, mon cals, and rodians all have very non-human faces and so my basic feeling is we aren't going to see them being added any time soon, if ever.

I wish the Legacy unlocks worked within the story - or at least the story would moderately adapt to the species of the character. I have suggested before that the sith classes storylines should be based around species and not around class - if you are human or sith pureblood you get the sith warrior story regardless of your class while other species (the aliens) get the sith inquisitor storyline. Similarly if you are playing a sith pureblood jedi, or a republic character with an imperial species in general that the NPCs should react to it appropriately. The aforementioned example of telling a jedi that is a pureblood that the jedi will never accept a pureblood is a wonderful example of that.

Darth Mittens, Sith Sorceror awaits.

Darth Mittens and minion pounce on an enemy.

Mittens: "EAT ELECTRIC COCOA-FLAVORED DEATH, YOU CURRS!"

Minion: "What smells like burnt hair?"

Mittens: "Me, you idiot! Me!! You can't shoot electricity out of your paw and not singe fur. Don't get me started with how my fur stands up every time I Force Storm an area? I have to brush for hours to get it back into shape."

Minion: "Brush? With your tongue?"

*minion electrocuted until barbecued to a cinder*

Mittens: "Crap!!! Another hour of grooming"

*Starts licking his fur*

Darth Mittens, Sith Sorceror awaits.

Darth Mittens and minion pounce on an enemy.

Mittens: "EAT ELECTRIC COCOA-FLAVORED DEATH, YOU CURRS!"

Minion: "What smells like burnt hair?"

Mittens: "Me, you idiot! Me!! You can't shoot electricity out of your paw and not singe fur. Don't get me started with how my fur stands up every time I Force Storm an area? I have to brush for hours to get it back into shape."

Minion: "Brush? With your tongue?"

*minion electrocuted until barbecued to a cinder*

Mittens: "Crap!!! Another hour of grooming"

*Starts licking his fur*

roflmao Darth Mittens.

Oh .. just imagine...

roflmao Darth Mittens.

Oh .. just imagine...

I used to call Darth Nihilus that because:

1) His hood tented like a pair of cat ears

2) He had a white face like a black cat with a white muzzle

3) He stole your breath (like the old wife's tale made famous by Stephen King's "Cat's Eye.")

Edited by Marked_Man
Typo

Guys seriously imagine a Cat person going around with a red lightsaber choking Jedi/other people. It's halarious!

(sry if I spelled smth wrong)

Cats used to be worshiped by the Egyptians. They've never forgotten this. Now they shall have their revenge!