Price of New Expansion Pack

Enderet

So, you saw the trailer, you read the few tidbits that were said about it. Now the big question, how much will you be willing to pay for it and why?

Lets keep this thread constructive!

I would only pay $9.99, but nowhere near the normal $40 for a typical expansion pack. Why? Because its not Cataclysm, its not BC, it seems more along the type of content we get/expect from any new update patch. They havent even released Nightmare Mode EC, there is still no ETA on it, and yet, they are already getting ready to push out a whole new tier and operation.

BTW, this concept is not entirely new... and Everquest 2 started it with their "Adventure Packs," that cost $4.99-7.99 USD. The surveys that made the rounds around the internet in the last few weeks (which for the most part, proved to be real), listed the level cap raise as being of 2 levels.

For those that havent seen the trailer:

These are the new features:

New space combat mission: Space Station Assault. Ships flying through the innards of a huge space station reminiscent of attacks on the Death Star.

New end-game Operation: Terror From Beyond.

New player companion: HK-51 Assassin Droid.

Increased level cap and new class abilities.

New PvP Warzone: Ancient Hypergates

New planet: Makeb. Delves into details surrounding the Hutt Cartel.

New playable species: Cathar

Here is the survey sent to people, that I referenced:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Edited by Enderet
edit

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you saw the trailer, you read the few tidbits that were said about it. Now the big question, how much will you be willing to pay for it and why?

I would only pay $9.99, but nowhere near the normal $40 for a typical expansion pack. Why? Because its not Cataclysm, its not BC, it seems more along the type of content we get/expect from any new update patch. They havent even released Nightmare Mode EC, there is still no ETA on it, and yet, they are already getting ready to push out a whole new tier and operation.

BTW, this concept is not entirely new... and Everquest 2 started it with their "Adventure Packs," that cost $4.99-7.99 USD. The surveys that made the rounds around the internet in the last few weeks (which for the most part, proved to be real), listed the level cap raise as being of 2 levels.

For those that havent seen the trailer:

considering they didnt say anything about it being an expansion...umm...nothing?

With no indication of additional main story quests, I expect it will be included in current subscriptions.

Edit: Late to the party. What they said ^.

It does have additional main story quests, it is the prologue to the new chapter.

I hope so, but have you seen the survey that Magid sent to people over email, something that would hint at it being paid:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

?

Had it been an epansion it would have had a title, expansions always have titles, if not they're impossible to market for consumers, but the only thing we have gotten yet is that they're calling 1.3 "Allies"

Had it been an epansion it would have had a title, expansions always have titles, if not they're impossible to market for consumers, but the only thing we have gotten yet is that they're calling 1.3 "Allies"

I hope you're not expecting this in 1.3. It said coming this year, not in 1.3. I just don't want you getting your hopes up.

I hope you're not expecting this in 1.3. It said coming this year, not in 1.3. I just don't want you getting your hopes up.

Nah, was just showing how things need titles, and the complete lack of it during the EA showcase leads me to believe this isn't meant for an expansion pack, instead this is just a preview of patch 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 etc etc

^

What he said, the details announced and the trailer released are cited as "this year" so only timescale is by December 31st.

Nah, was just showing how things need titles, and the complete lack of it during the EA showcase leads me to believe this isn't meant for an expansion pack, instead this is just a preview of patch 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 etc etc

Good. I do believe this may be 1.4 and 5. The Hutt take over, or something corny.

Q1. Coming this year -- does this mean this Calendar year or this EA fiscal year?

Q2. Like the OP, I would like to know is the new level cap will come with a free patch or paid DLC? If free, then this will be the first MMO to introduce a free content patch with level updates. Level updates usually come in paid expansions.

Q3. Once again, nice to see road map. But will they deliver? Or fail on promises like before?

Q2. Like the OP, I would like to know is the new level cap will come with a free patch or paid DLC? If free, then this will be the first MMO to introduce a free content patch with level updates. Level updates usually come in paid expansions.

It wouldn't be the first.

Q1. Coming this year -- does this mean this Calendar year or this EA fiscal year?

Q3. Once again, nice to see road map. But will they deliver? Or fail on promises like before?

it will be free.. thats all

Hmm, well it was never said it was free or paid. The docs on google are disturbing. One of the key points for having pay to play service is to have free content updates where as F2P you pay for new content.

"Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is" -Yoda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.