Price of New Expansion Pack

Enderet

Looks like 1/4 the content of a WoW expansion. There's no way I'd pay more than $10 for this.

I guess WoW killed your brain cells as it has already been stated that it s not an expansion :rolleyes:

You can be assured if it was an xpac the marketing team would want it mentioned.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you saw the trailer, you read the few tidbits that were said about it. Now the big question, how much will you be willing to pay for it and why?

$0.00

I already have one foot back in that other MMO. Sorry, if this was "an expansion" announcement, it fell seriously short.

Edited by Turando

So, you saw the trailer, you read the few tidbits that were said about it. Now the big question, how much will you be willing to pay for it and why?

I would only pay $9.99, but nowhere near the normal $40 for a typical expansion pack. Why? Because its not Cataclysm, its not BC, it seems more along the type of content we get/expect from any new update patch. They havent even released Nightmare Mode EC, there is still no ETA on it, and yet, they are already getting ready to push out a whole new tier and operation.

BTW, this concept is not entirely new... and Everquest 2 started it with their "Adventure Packs," that cost $4.99-7.99 USD. The surveys that made the rounds around the internet in the last few weeks (which for the most part, proved to be real), listed the level cap raise as being of 2 levels.

For those that havent seen the trailer:

This all isn't an expac yet, it is a patch, like 1.2, which means ... free .... calm down

If you actually read the google doc survey posted in this thread youd see that the content they announced today, new planet, cathar, and level cap increase, are in every package option choice and under each package it says, "How much would you pay for this expansion?".

If I was EA, I would be promoting new content too, however, seeing how pissed customers are atm with the game, perhaps its not the best time to tell people "Despite the games problems atm, we are planning on making you pay for new content this year."

People are having a hard time justifying 15 dollars a month atm, perhaps they dont want to break it to us just yet..

Isn't it a bit early for a full expansion to be brought to a relatively new game? And considering the customer decline and overall satisfaction level, I would assume additional paid content wouldn't bring in enough revenue to overcome the additional loss in customers who would unsub rather than pay for more content at this point.

I would only pay $9.99, but nowhere near the normal $40 for a typical expansion pack. Why? Because its not Cataclysm, its not BC, it seems more along the type of content we get/expect from any new update patch. They havent even released Nightmare Mode EC, there is still no ETA on it, and yet, they are already getting ready to push out a whole new tier and operation.

BTW, this concept is not entirely new... and Everquest 2 started it with their "Adventure Packs," that cost $4.99-7.99 USD. The surveys that made the rounds around the internet in the last few weeks (which for the most part, proved to be real), listed the level cap raise as being of 2 levels.

I would be willing to pay 15 dollars per month.

none of those pack include hk the new companion confirmed instead they talk about ewoks companion .

daniel erickson said no ewoks in tor so it lokks like a hoax

Thats because hk47 is coming in update 1.3. The stuff in the survey is the stuff coming out by the end of the year, and by the looks of it, they are trying to figure out how much to charge for it.

OP is trying to get people upset. Nothing to see here.

The content will be free.

I laugh at all of you that have your heads up your butts and think that this content will be free. Think to all that they have added for free via patches so far........ I hear crickets....

Let's use a little common sense here (though sense does not seem so common on these forums). New planet, new content to fill planet, new level cap, new skills, new race, new companion....... Yeah, that sounds like it will be over a few patches for free....

Please stop the madness. This is a classic expansion and it will have a cost and guaranteed that the cost will be more than just a monthly subscription cost. This game has been bleeding subs and this is an attempt for another money grab.

I know this will make the fan boys angry but take a step back and think about it. I have played since early beta and still play and will continue to play as I do enjoy the game but I will not pretend that this will be for free.......

I laugh at all of you that have your heads up your butts and think that this content will be free. Think to all that they have added for free via patches so far........ I hear crickets....

Let's use a little common sense here (though sense does not seem so common on these forums). New planet, new content to fill planet, new level cap, new skills, new race, new companion....... Yeah, that sounds like it will be over a few patches for free....

Yes, let's use common sense and realise it's part of the content update like 1.2 etc and cotent being an expansion has already been debunked on Twitter.

Common sense seems good.

depends on what they offer, or call an expansion, a true expansion should come close to doubling the current world, and would run arounf 39 to 49 bucks, but it seems those kind of expansions are a thing of the past we get small expansions, that run between 9.99 and 20 bucks, in fact most expansions these days are nothing more than an adventure pack, which players run through really fast.. /sigh

Yes, let's use common sense and realise it's part of the content update like 1.2 etc and cotent being an expansion has already been debunked on Twitter.

Common sense seems good.

Oh you mean the tweet that says, "We have not announced an expansion at this time".

Yeah, that means alot..... You must be knew to MMO's. That statement means just what it says, it does not say, "This content will not be part of an expansion." If you have that tweet, please post it.

Uhg, believe what you like. I have been around the MMO block enoug times to see it for what it is. Will I still play, yeah... Will I buy it, don't know. It it is free great!!!! I doubt it though. I will subscribe to this thread just to bring it up 6 months from now. It will be a fun read.

Nothing, not enough content for even $5.99... Add 3 more planets, real space combat, space pvp combat...guild capital ships, space combat involving guild capital ships, better UI customization and what was announced in the "massive" (lol really) EA E3 announcement then I would pay $40 bucks, otherwise it better be free content update just like 1.2 or 1.3

I hope so, but have you seen the survey that Magid sent to people over email, something that would hint at it being paid:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

?

One of those options for $9.99 said a whole heap of new content plus 90 days free game time. I mean I totally wouldn't mind paying less for subscription AND get new content.

\

none of those pack include hk the new companion confirmed instead they talk about ewoks companion .

daniel erickson said no ewoks in tor so it lokks like a hoax

There's some weird stuff in there. Ewoks, monkey lizards, luke's speeder. There's some like the one above where your essentially paying less because of the free game time and there's some that are super expensive for a couple of vanity items. Not sure what this is supposed to tell anyone really... That people don't want to pay $40 for a new speeder bike? That anyone would pay $10 just for the 90 day game time?

Real or not, I would have thought that if they were going to have a paid expansion for this year they would be announcing it already. I guess we'll just see :)

I will pay $14.99 a month for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.