Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

A new graphics engine - unlikely.

1.3 - been done.

Server transfers/merges/super servers - crtics will eat through the 'spin' to make it look like the game is failing

All of which aren't grand enough for E3 - this is a showcase of how awesome the organisation is!

Space off rails/expansion/ - most likely!

Edited by OneDon

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If EA FORCES a f2p model onto bioware, if I were Daniel Erickson and Dallas Dickinson and the other people who dreamed this mmo up into a reality with Ray Myzurak...I would leave..

f2p = CRAP, S.HIT, NOTHING, CRAP ..did I mention crap?

A new graphics engineSpace off rails/expansion/ - most likely!

It would be very nice, but if it was (which I don't think it will be) it would just be a very early announment of it for sometime in 2013.

Unless they've been very quiet about it, but then I can't see why they would be, when they could have held more subs if they'd said they were working on such a thing already.

It would be very nice, but if it was (which I don't think it will be) it would just be a very early announment of it for sometime in 2013.

Unless they've been very quiet about it, but then I can't see why they would be, when they could have held more subs if they'd said they were working on such a thing already.

Well we do know that there's supposed to be a "big surprise" coming for space in 2012. It's been hinted a few times.

I agree, but lets take into consideration that we are talking about the same decision makers who chose silence during the "game needs server transfers" issue when a well placed announcement would have probably held onto a ton of subscriptions.

Edited by OneDon

Well we do know that there's supposed to be a "big surprise" coming for space in 2012. It's been hinted a few times.

Yeah the only definate statement they have made though was "a few new missions within 6 months" (and the time for those missions to appear within the 6 months is running short now).

Whilst I'd love them to have been working on a massive space expansion I can't see why they'd have kept it secret when (like SoE with JTL) annoucing it would have helped retain subs (maybe they have been secret though, who knows).

If it is a new announcement, then that is great, but it's unlikely to be seen this year if they've just started on it.

I'd hope for a big space announcement, but I'll be quite surprised if it actually is (although it must be in their plans, not only have SO many people asked for it since beta, but that offical poll they made here showed it as a MASSIVE player "want").

I agree, but lets take into consideration that we are talking about the same decision makers who chose silence during the "game needs server transfers" issue when a well placed announcement would have probably held onto a ton of subscriptions.

Yeah, I guess it could be something like that.

For sure a big space expansion annoucement would do absolute wonders for the game. :)

As an aside I can't understand why they went the route they did with Space in this game. It's unthinkable that in a Star Wars MMO you can't PvP in space. But giving the boundaries other games have pushed, I don't understand why I can't physically fly (in game) my ship from Tython to the Fleet.

The Emu has a lot of people playing it. I was on it last night and today there was a lots of people. An it did have a strong following with the people that was playing it. Just look at all the fan Videos saying goodbye to SWG in the last day's and weeks of it being online.

From the site you linked.

Which game do you prefer?

Votes Per Line Item, Total Votes Per Question, Percentage of Total

SWTOR 57, 416, 13.70%

SWG PRE-CU 169, 416, 40.63%

SWG CU 39, 416, 9.38%

SWG NGE 37, 416, 8.89%

SWG (IN GENERAL) 106, 416, 25.48%

UNDECIDED 8, 416, 1.92%

I have fun with SWOTR as I did with SWG. The only thing the two really have in common is Star Wars in there name.

Now that is interesting. But not surprising. Most people preferred SWG before it got WoWified.

Goes in line with my little poll below. But here the majority just wants TOR to become less linear and with sandbox elements.

Let´s be honest, most of us want the best of both worlds. We want the fun Themepark stuff like Flashpoints, Warzones and scripted Operations, but planets should be open world and sandboxy. And it just makes sense.

"Should SWTOR stick to the themepark concept for future expansions or implement certain sandbox features?"

Keep the concept just like it is, WoW found the ultimate MMO recipe, therefore SWTOR should not change that concept. 15% (98)

Game experience should be less linear, I´d prefer a sandbox/themepark hybrid with less instancing and a shard server system where I can interact with players from all over the world, not being seperated on my server anymore. 51% (326)

Forget it, I want Star Wars Galaxies 2 - it´s too late for SWTOR to change the concept. Give us a real sandbox game, LucasArts! 30% (193)

I don´t care because I play everything which has the label "Star Wars" on it. 4% (27)

Total votes: 644

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

I´d like a "fun announcement": Augmenting augment tables with a Legacy unlock for 1.000.000 credits. Augment planet sizes, space combat and exhaustion zones. New item: Immersion glasses which make planets appear less static. Princess Leia headphones for additional music loop augmentation.

Free to play would be my guess

to early for expansion packs and game redesigns content wise

were 6 months in, games companies often start hyping thie expansion packs months before releasing them. and some companies have been known to release a new expansion almost every 6 months.

expansion pack announcement is my guess.

It'll be about "Star Wars 1313", not SWTOR.

and why the frak would bioware/ea make such a hype about a product from another company? :rolleyes:

that aside, I really can't see them making huge announcements about server transfers. that just seems silly to me.

the only thing that might be going in that direction is these 'bigger' servers they announced, and even that would be silly to do unless they really do give us 'super-servers' (aka cluster-server)

my personal bet is on ranked warzones - and maybe these expansion-bits you can find on the internet when you dig around a little (though I'd be super sad if those were true; I want Togruta damnit!)

and why the frak would bioware/ea make such a hype about a product from another company? :rolleyes:

Who said EA/BW would make the announcement? For all we know it's LA ;)

Edited by Sauska

first line of the OP:

"So all the commericals running over the weekend for SWTOR [...]"

Fair enough, you got me there, though I myself haven't seen a single commercial for SWTOR... but hey, I spent most of the weekend outside!

lol me neither, but that could also be as I'm not from the US... the last SWTOR commercial I saw was when they did that remastered version of Episode 1 and mixed some SWTOR add in. that was weird. super weird.

I havent seen any commercials mentioning swtor, in fact all of the EA specific stuff ive seen had nothing about swtor at all. And 1313 is a lucas arts bounty hunter game.

very much this......The OP is creating hype that isnt there,and your all falling for it