Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming this hullabaloo about a "massive announcement" is true, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something about the super secret space project Mr. Ohlen likes to mention they're working on.

Don't you just hate it when someone says, "I have a secret, but I'm not telling you"?[/QUOTE]

Yep, every time I pick up a cute girl at the bar whos hands are bigger than mine.....

This.

I have seen announcements for things starwars but it was for 1313. I have seen nothing saying there was some major SWTOR announcement that was going to be made.

Sad thing is, people will believe the OP and then get upset at BW when they don't make some kind of announcement.

Yeah suddenly bioware will be liars........let the witch hunt begin

Two words: George Lucas.

This is true. SWG all ready had something in place so it really could have gone free to play but LA smacked it down. That thing was an in game trading card game and it was making bank for the game.

For those hoping for a "Free to play" announcement. Don't hold your breath. There are games in worse condition that didn't go free to play so soon.

It's more then likely going to be more details on 1.3 or maybe teaser of things coming in later patches. Or, as many leaked websites already claim, HK-51 will be able to be unlocked as a companion in 1.3

Please note that anything that is stated on leaked websites is subject to change.

Yeah suddenly bioware will be liars........let the witch hunt begin

Probably the haters are looking desperately for something new to hang a scandal on....real or imagined, not to worry I'm sure Kotaku will come through for them.

This is true. SWG all ready had something in place so it really could have gone free to play but LA smacked it down. That thing was an in game trading card game and it was making bank for the game.

Not as much as you think...just look at this two week survey.

Warts and all most people prefer SWTOR over SWG.....SWG just didn't have the support, there is a fully functional free emulator available that is 100% legit and hardly anyone plays it.

We can all imagine that SWG was doing really well with a strong following..but that just isn't true.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Perhaps they are going to throw in the towel and shut all the servers down......possibly write this one off before it becomes the next SWG(NGE experience).

Keep wishing......

If they play their cards right and introduce an expanded space game their sub base will more than likely grow.

Not as much as you think...just look at this two week survey.

Warts and all most people prefer SWTOR over SWG.....SWG just didn't have the support, there is a fully functional free emulator available that is 100% legit and hardly anyone plays it.

We can all imagine that SWG was doing really well with a strong following..but that just isn't true.

The Emu has a lot of people playing it. I was on it last night and today there was a lots of people. An it did have a strong following with the people that was playing it. Just look at all the fan Videos saying goodbye to SWG in the last day's and weeks of it being online.

From the site you linked.

Which game do you prefer?

Votes Per Line Item, Total Votes Per Question, Percentage of Total

SWTOR 57, 416, 13.70%

SWG PRE-CU 169, 416, 40.63%

SWG CU 39, 416, 9.38%

SWG NGE 37, 416, 8.89%

SWG (IN GENERAL) 106, 416, 25.48%

UNDECIDED 8, 416, 1.92%

I have fun with SWOTR as I did with SWG. The only thing the two really have in common is Star Wars in there name.

Edited by Dext

Interesting considering it will be EA that makes the announcement at E3.

:rolleyes:

its funny that its easy to lie to people.its quite obvious to anyone with half a brain this game was going to tank in 6 months

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I would love for that to be the announcement.

i would probably fall of my chair laughing if they thought they could actually make an expansion pack to an mmo that might not even have enough players in it by the time to release the expansion pack for it to matter

maybe there expansion pack would be "haha you guys got trolled,more money for us and less for you.have fun being bored playing world of starwarscraft on fatman server"

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I havent seen any commercials mentioning swtor, in fact all of the EA specific stuff ive seen had nothing about swtor at all. And 1313 is a lucas arts bounty hunter game.

But if they are going to announce something about swtor im betting its either 3D space and/or The expansion with the Hutt Cartell being a third faction (atleast for pvp) Oh and guild capital ships, which i think is cool and all but not that big of a deal.

Why do people think EA won't make SWTOR F2P? They made Warhammer Online F2P.

Warhhammer is not F2P, the F2P warhammer is not the same as the original Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, its some watrered down pvp version called Wrath of Heroes, nobody knows this because nobody plays either of them.

Edited by Mallorik

i would probably fall of my chair laughing if they thought they could actually make an expansion pack to an mmo that might not even have enough players in it by the time to release the expansion pack for it to matter

maybe there expansion pack would be "haha you guys got trolled,more money for us and less for you.have fun being bored playing world of starwarscraft on fatman server"

They can't just not make an expansion pack. I want to continue my class story.

And lesson from WoW, people ALWAYS return for an expansion pack.

They can't just not make an expansion pack. I want to continue my class story.

And lesson from WoW, people ALWAYS return for an expansion pack.

Yes. This is a big reason why WoW grew. People always come back for expansions and also look back at Everquest which also had boxed expansions.

That's why I like the potential for growth in this game. If their first EP is more classes or better...a full space game...people will come back in droves again. I'm sure they know this as well.