I can no longer do WZ with player vote kick

runinmad

It might not even be about comms and valor. He might be trying to supplement his leveling experience by squatting in a pair of dailies every day and is mad that he cannot do that.

sounds like the system is working as intended then

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicking only works if the player is AFK for a certain amount of time after the votes are cast, it isn't instant..

just a food for thought here, if you are actively participating by guarding, maybe clue your team in my giving them status updates on your node.. an occasional ALL CLEAR...

If you are on a small server maybe you need to build your rep up a bit as an active participant... don't be the guy that is ALWAYS sitting in one spot doing nothing but "guarding" a node can you even make your medals just sitting at one node the whole time??

What a bunch of bull crap. Who in the hell thought of this. I want my money back for game. because I dont do as I am told. Are if we only can get one node all vote me out while they sit there. This is a bunch of bull crap

Welcome to the worst gaming decision in a mmo that I have witness in a long time. Premade guilds before release date with 4 unguilded players to make a guild online at the same time.

What a bunch of bull crap. Who in the hell thought of this. I want my money back for game. because I dont do as I am told. Are if we only can get one node all vote me out while they sit there. This is a bunch of bull crap

10/10 - Great job, you snagged a bunch.

Hmmm a lot of people are missing the obvious here.

I'm no fan of the OPs posting style, however:

1: OP is guarding a node.

2: OP is not in combat as he is alone at the node; the action is at another node (it happens a lot).

3: Team votes him off for not "contributing".

...so he does have a point, however badly made. I've had WZs where one person has stood idle for the match at a node as nothing went that way. They are still contributing, although in fairness none of the people I have played with are NOT stupid enough to view it as "not contributing".

Oh and:

4: Stealther waiting for the node to be undefended caps it

...having ONE person stood there is enough to deter others. it also means that if it is attacked, you have someone there to shout for help.

Edited by QuiJonPed

I'm not sure exactly what happened here but I am entirely sure that the OP's attitude probably didn't help matters much.

Quick question, how many votes are required before the kick happens? A majority? Unanimous?

Edited by Sparklehorse

We can all joke about it all we want but even bads deserve to be bad in MMO PvP games.

The only reasonable and respectful way to exclude bads from our PvP matches should be a premade.

No way should anyone have the power to kick another from public pug PvP minigames.

I'd put this oversight right up there with treasure chests guarded by friendly faction mobs on Ilum that a lvl 10 can farm in reguards to the level of cluelessness when it comes to developing a mmo.

You have to be AFK flagged to get votekicked...

Welcome to the worst gaming decision in a mmo that I have witness in a long time. Premade guilds before release date with 4 unguilded players to make a guild online at the same time.

When did this become about guilds...:rak_02: Is he complaining about some imagined slight 6 months ago?

But, I think (I don't know personally. I am awesome :rak_03: And I guard nodes if needed.) a warning pops up similar to the WZ queue pop if you are vote-kicked, telling you to click if you want to stay in.

So OP is AFK for 30+ seconds at a time.

Edited by Subatia

Yeah, if you go into a WZ you are essentially going in as a team with 7 other players. If the team does not work together in some basic manner (given competent opposition) it's going to be a loss. Losing means less xp, money, comms, etc.

It's ok to lose at a WZ, but having someone think he can go in there and serially crap around is not fair to the others who are trying to win. You can't join a team activity and expect it to be all about you.

2: OP is not in combat as he is alone at the node; the action is at another node (it happens a lot).

...so he does have a point, however badly made. I've had WZs where one person has stood idle for the match at a node as nothing went that way. They are still contributing, although in fairness none of the people I have played with are NOT stupid enough to view it as "not contributing".

Oh and:

...having ONE person stood there is enough to deter others. it also means that if it is attacked, you have someone there to shout for help.

I have never, ever been in a WZ where people kick someone for defending a node. It would be suicide to not have someone on hand to call out incs at least. That might be what he's claiming, but it definitely isn't what is actually happening.

I think I see what is going on here for the OP.

He is AFKing at a node and being discoverd by his lack of response to a team mate asking to be Guarded while helping him protect a node. That team mate lets everyone know that OP is AFK and he gets tossed.

OP is frustrated that he is being discovered AFKing. Period.

The one issue with your post is that you cannot be AFK kicked while defending a node that you currently own. The AFK system only boots people who are:

A. Not defending a node which your team currently owns (i.e. any distance from the node which still yields defensive points for being there).

B. Not engaged in combat.

If the OP was defending his teams node, the system would not have been able to kick him. Therefore he wasn't in combat and wasn't standing in the proper place for defending a node.

I have a hunch that he was standing behind the turrets in Civil War. You know, a solid 50+ meters away from the node itself. On top of it, he's probably sitting there, thinking "ooo i'm so smart, nobody will find me here". Then he gets sap capped, the team gives him ****, and votes him AFK.

it is possible to cap and guard a node without ever engaging the other team. and i would never encourage peopel to leave a node unguarded just because noone has attacked it yet, thats just asking to have it ninja'd. in this case the vote afk system could be abused, but why would any one want to? the person guarding the node is doing the boring but neccessary job.

if this is the case then the OP has every right to be pissed off. but the lack of details the OP has given leads me to believe that there is more to this.

I think I see what is going on here for the OP.

He is AFKing at a node and being discoverd by his lack of response to a team mate asking to be Guarded while helping him protect a node. That team mate lets everyone know that OP is AFK and he gets tossed.

OP is frustrated that he is being discovered AFKing. Period.

That sounds about right.

it is possible to cap and guard a node without ever engaging the other team. and i would never encourage peopel to leave a node unguarded just because noone has attacked it yet, thats just asking to have it ninja'd. in this case the vote afk system could be abused, but why would any one want to? the person guarding the node is doing the boring but neccessary job.

if this is the case then the OP has every right to be pissed off. but the lack of details the OP has given leads me to believe that there is more to this.

From what I understand about how the system works, it is not simply a case of getting booted for guarding a node. He had to have been AFK.

Edited by grezgorz

So I've had games where it's premade (us) vs them (premade) and we lost because 3 of our pugs sit in the west node the entire game. They give me the "we're defending!" excuse and I go off on them. Edited by ComeAndSee

When did this become about guilds...:rak_02: Is he complaining about some imagined slight 6 months ago?

But, I think (I don't know personally. I am awesome :rak_03: And I guard nodes if needed.) a warning pops up similar to the WZ queue pop if you are vote-kicked, telling you to click if you want to stay in.

So OP is AFK for 30+ seconds at a time.

The OP indicated that the other players sit at one node and then vote to boot him. Reading and comprehension is h-a-r-d like a t-blank

Honestly, Sound like you have a bad rep on your server. Did your character use to AFK warzones to lvl to 50? Is your name Jack Horner, maybe you sit stealthed in the corner?

Unless this was a full guild premade and they were trying to get their guild mate in or you made a error that cost your team the win. You must have done something..

something is fishy

the only real minigame where u can SIT at the turret and sleep is CIVIL war all other 3 it's very hard.. even in novare i rarely see a node left alone the entire match it may happen but i honestly doubt it it happens all the time.

so how can this 1 civil war match in wich u are so unlucky that everytime u guard u get kicked preclude you to play PVP what about Void? what about Pit? u can't really be kicked out everytime from every game for "guarding a turret"

i think or

a) you exagerate it happened 2 times and u made it like it happen every time

b) you really go AFK and you deserve it

I think the system work let's not try to always complain

If you could just kick anyone I would agree with you. But you can't you have to be essentially AFK for a vote to kick to succeed. The OP is full of it.

Hasn't the game ALWAYS kicked players for being AFK to long? Or was that JUST in the spawn area AFK? I have heard of people using AFK scripts/bots that make their toon jump or something every few seconds so they don't AFK. But that would not have worked if they never left the spawn. But if you AFK at a node I don't think you get an automatic boot. So why the bot?

I am just trying to understand how AFKing is exploited. Seems at best you would still have to exit the spawn at the beginning of each WZ which means you can't just set it to autopilot and go out and come home to tons of coms.

Seems like very little to gain for the effort to me.

Booting someone that is AFK is OK with me. Booting just "because" is not. I saw this exploited in other games.

If it is correct that you HAVE to be in a AFK mode to even be kicked then this whole thread is moot. You were AFK or you would not have been kicked. I don't yet know for a fact though that this is the case....having to be AFK for kick to work that is. Never seen it happen yet.

Edited by Krashnburn
NUNYA

Oh and:

You assume far too much.

The OP isn't guarding anything - he's afk. He's probably stealthed in a corner where he won't be killed. "IF" the OP were there, he'd be able to confirm that he was there before being kicked.

I am pretty sure it does. I have tried to kick a couple of the annoying kids cussing up a storm in ops chat about how every else sucks etc. And I've received a message like "Vote to Kick failed ... entered combat.

Correct. It is an AFK boot, nothing more. If will not work if you are in combat. If you ARE in combat, you get a box that says "you are being booted for being AFK, click "cancel" to show that you are not AFK and stop the kick"

Bottom line, the OP was AFK in a warzone and got kicked. He then came to the forums to try and build a case that the vote kick can be abused because he would like to afk in more warzones. He didn't know about the dialogue box that prevents this kick from being used for any reason other then someone being afk because he was afk when it popped up.

Edited by lexiekaboom