UI Feature Feedback Request

AmberGreen

We need some type of customizable visual indicator of our short duration proc buffs

the power auras addon in wow is a good example of what i am asking for.

Also a real time in game personal combat meter.

Edited by Cuspin

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides opening up the UI to the modding community.... my requests are as follows (not in any order of importance):

* Allowing you to see x,y coords to facilitate perfect UI placement; as well as "snapping" to help line up action bars.

* More options on the player, target, target of target and focus frames allowing adjustable bar width and height. Allowing us to select exactly which elements to display and where (level, name, %, hp remaining/total hp, how many party/raid members are targeting, etc. (essentially look at Shadowed Unit Frames options and go from there)

* Buff/Debuff bars separated from the frames and A LOT more options. I'd like the ability to create my own buff bar in middle of my screen that shows when i receive a certain buffs/procs

* The ability to change the font of any text

* Tooltip fade timer!!

* Ability to change the color of the background on the action bars, tooltip, minimap, quest log, etc. Blue gets boring.

* Buff/Debuff bars separated from the frames and A LOT more options. I'd like the ability to create my own buff bar in middle of my screen that shows when i receive a certain buffs/procs

THIS

My favorite UI of all time allowed me to seperate target effects into: debuffs cast by me, Debuffs total, buffs cast by me, buffs cast by others. before you say spiting Buffs is silly.. your probably not a healer looking at a tanks buffs/debuffs :D.

If you wont let us unlock these from the target windows and such. at least let us scale personal buff debuffs on target to be lager than the others. 4 sorcs in an ops groups makes for lots of dot clipping.

The new UI is very good so far but please add

1) Skins (as PNG files) - Will also take care of Color Scheme Request

2) Programmable Macros

3) detached portraits from health bars

4) Font Changes

5) Detached War-zone and Map Buttons(or move them to the window bar at top of screen where they belong)

6) Let me change the location, color, and size for in battle pop up alerts(PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD THIS FOR OPS!)

7) Ready Check (Wheres that ready check promised from the convention?)

8) LET ME SCALE MY BUFFS!!!(especially on raid frame, i can't see them)

9) Companion health bars on raid frame(if less than 4 people in raid for those who use raid frame as group window)

10) I want to be able to flip my focus target picture and health bar(only one that can't flip)

11) Mouse over heals

12) The GTN sucks still, need to be able to list items for a longer period, 5 days or 7 days - also, no reason to use pub gtn anymore since i can mail stuff to sith side. Make all gtn's neutral to help your economy.

13) For PVP, Add Popups Like the PVE Alerts when a boss enrages, but have pop up's call for help at the base the person is closest to(and please god don't put grass and snow, use the direction of the base on the map) So for example, "PlayersName calls for help at west base" could pop up on the entire op's group window so people go to that base to help them.

14) Show Health Percentage for Focus Target

Edited by thomasmeadows
add reasons

My two big ones:

• Public UI API.
  • Macros, to handle e.g.:

/cast [friend]HealOverTimeSpell; [foe]DamageOverTimeSpell

/cast [mod:alt] Attack2; [nomod] Attack1

And some smaller requests:

• Clickable, non-overlapping, non-scaling UI nameplates.
  • Allow targets to be clickable even when the camera is against certain walls/forcefields, like bridge forcefield in Voidstar.
  • Improve tab targeting (e.g. increase range; trend towards center of screen; reset the tab targeting cycle after the camera has been moved > 50 degrees; do not cull targets that are out of character LOS, even though they're in the middle of the screen, like when you're above someone on The Pit)
  • Delayed tooltip fade
  • Include legacy character names on the mailing auto-fill list, prioritize over friends list, which prioritizes over guild list
  • Option to remove guild list from mailing auto-fill names
  • Auto select "To:" field when composing mail
  • Retain "Compose" tab focus after sending mail, with retained "To:" name highlighted
  • Auto select "Sell" tab on GTN after right-click adding an item
  • Auto select "Your Buyout Price" field on GTN "Sell" tab
  • Auto select "How Many?" field on stack splitting
  • In GTN "Buy" tab, auto add name to "Name" field when shift-left clicking an item (or some other hotkey)
  • While posting an item to GTN, replace your list of for sale items with GTN data about the item (# for sale, min max, perhaps even historical trends) or simply show all of the current postings of that item
  • Move the green check mark (appears when a party member is ready to start a group interaction) to the UI, perhaps to the right of the nameplate. It is currently overlapped by the class icon from most camera angles.
  • [Probably a bug] Do not lose Map window focus when clicking on the Legend/Map window when the chat window is behind the cursor
  • When a new target is selected, immediately blank the current target portrait or eliminate new target portrait latency completely.
  • When a hotkey is unbound, check to see if the unmodified version of that hotkey is bound, and perform that action. For example, "Mouse Wheel Up" is bound to "Zoom In" and "Shift + Mouse Wheel Up" is unbound. In this case, "Shift + Mouse Wheel Up" will initiate "Zoom In".
  • Add "PVP" or "WZ" or similar to possible Who terms, showing all players currently in a warzone.
  • Increase max camera zoom out by factor of ~2
  • Mission cred/xp/item rewards in mission log
  • Reduce deadspace on many UI elements such as player/target health. It should look more like an ops unit frame if we want it to.

[edit: adding a few big ones]

• A frame which shows a list of progress bars, which have the spell icon and name of your active HoTs/DoTs/etc, sorted by faction/target, option to show only current target
  • As above, for combat procs / upper hand / cleansable debuffs etc
  • Opposing team Ops frame
  • Add "Sort/stack" button to backpack and bank tabs, which does the SWTOR equivalent of this: BagSort
  • High memory usage option to keep map/character sheet/skills/etc window in primary memory, so that opening them does not induce hitching.

Edited by nakomaru

1) Please allow for us to set a layer value to each UI element. Even as simple as 1-3, where 1 is on top of 2, which is on top of 3. This way if I have 2 elements I want to overlap, I can set one to a higher layer than the other.

2) The ability to toggle on some grid lines and snap to them. I love having things centered, or centered around something and I have to wing it right now.

3) The ability to flip ALL UI elements on the X or Y axis. so that "d" now looks like "b" etc. Some can flip some ways but not others, etc.

Thanks!

Release the UI API to the modding community, and do it yesterday.

No matter what you guys do to the UI you will never touch the custumization imagination your entire community could bring.

1.2 was nice, but not close to what anyone coming from (the game that will not be named) will tolerate for long.

THIS!! creates communities offline for sustainability long term. IMO this is the major reason why the 'other' game is so successful. 3rd party websites for downloading and sharing that content keeps the game alive and fresh. Allowing a system for community created content would squash that competitive edge and give you resources to make game content not a GUI. Community content is the best you can ever dream for. "They" have the monopoly on it. I hope you are listening. This game has amazing potential.

Hi some suggestions...

- Enable a 'test' feature for raid frames - so you can adjust the size of individual player frames within the raid UI and their health bars etc, without having to be in a raid. Currently trying to do this on the fly in PVP will likely get you killed or flagged AFK.

- Enable a grid when in interface edit mode - This will make editing the layout easier to get everything lined up perfectly.

- Enable 'snap to' frames in interface edit mode - This will make lining up bars etc much easier.

- Allow us to remove portraits on Unitframes - just for a more minimalist look for those who prefer it.

An optional snap-to grid to allow those of us with OCD-like symptoms to not obsess over whether the bars are off a pixel.

Color schemes - choices make me happy!!

More info and places to put it - aggro %s, health pool, health percentage.

Ability to resize the health bars in the operations frame (and get rid of portraits if we want).

More hot bars.

And being able to have a set of keybinds that are across all our accounts so I don't start swearing at the computer when I start a new character and forget I haven't changed the keybinds.

Split the non-combat related long-term buffs out to somewhere else. This includes sprint, the class buffs, stims, the speeder indicator, etc. Split my debuffs on the enemies off so I can monitor them.

As other have mentioned, every single health bar should have numbers and percentages available. Preferably, we could size them all like the ops frame, too.

Add a sort direction to the ops frames, so we can choose whether we want groups to add in rows, or columns.

Also, explicitly label individual ops groups with numbers, colors, icons, or something.

Oh where do I begin. Here it goes.

- Auto-arrange inventory button.

- "Snap-to" toggle for customizing the UI.

- Choice of colors for the UI. Maybe even allow us to set colors for individual UI pieces.

- Either make the resource colors different by class by default or allow us to choose. Yellow is getting very old.

- Area markers for group and ops leaders. Excellent for helping to explain a strategy and visual queues for where to be during the fight.

- Separate UI piece where 'stances' automatically go. Would save on hotbar space.

- A right-click target portrait option to set them as the Focus. For those people who aren't buttoneers.

- A threat percentage indicator on target portrait.

- Ability to see who the most recent mail was sent from by hovering over the mail icon.

- Show potential completion rewards in the mission codex entry.

- A pop-out panel that shows basic information on the mission (including rewards) by clicking it on the mission tracker. This way we don't have to open the codex window when all we want to know about is that one mission.

Finally, for the love of GAWD please give us different mission icon colors! If I sit through another cinematic dialogue scene just to find out that it was a Heroic Mission that I have no intention of doing I will kill a kitten! I play this game a lot. That means genocide, Bioware. GENOCIDE! Make this change soon or the blood of an entire furry species will be on your hands. :jawa_evil:

I want to be able to store (on server, not bound locally!) all of my settings, everything, my saved UI layouts, my game settings, key bindings, sound and video settings, literally everything...

... in profiles that I can directly use on each and every of my characters. I do not want to have to set up certain options, all key bindings etc. separately for each of my characters, then if I decide to change something go through every single character and reproduce that change. I highly care about consistency within my UI, which means that I usually use exactly the same settings across all of my characters in any MMO (and even partially across different MMOs, for example my hotbar keybinding has been the same through half a dozen MMOs).

I also want to emphasize the server-side part. I don't want to have to set up everything again if I install SWTOR on a laptop or a different computer, if I log into my account, I want it all there just the way I have left it. At the moment the settings are rather arbitrarily strewn across places and files, some stuff is account-wide and server-side, other settings are character-specific but still server-side, some stuff is in character-specific local configuration files, UI layout now goes to another separate set of files etc.

Oh and those files are not conveniently stored in a sensible place inside SWTOR's game directory, either, but buried in whatever Microsoft has decided to be the program settings storage scheme for a particular Windows version. I don't care whether Microsoft considers using these best practice, the experience user wants to know where stuff is, where to put stuff in case of transferring something between machines, what needs to be backed up and what does not etc.

And since some people indeed want to share UI layouts, just add a button to export/import a given layout to a local file, but store the settings chiefly on your servers.

In Warzones I'd like to be able to set up a list of user defined messages that i can one-click and have appear in chat. For a one finger typist like myself by the time I've taken my hand off the mouse, pressed return, typed "inc left" pressed enter, they're no longer incoming they've arrived stunned me and shredded half my health bar.

I'd like to have the chat box more customizable, such as being able to move the input bar, or flip it so it fits on the right side of the screen, able to allign text right instead of left.

I'd also like to have the ability to move warzone head up display maps and resize them. It's very annoying where they pop up now and doesn't really fit with my UI scheme.

Currently when you increase your main toolbar to a 2nd row it uses another pane.

I would like to see a dual row toolbar at the bottom (or where someone wants to move it) with multiple panes. That way I could have say pane 1 setup for PVE and Pane 2 setup for PVP.

The most important things for me is:

- More hotbars (or better yet less abilities but... yeah)

- More separation of buffs and debuffs, especially debuffs and short time sensitive buffs

which is good your are working on, in addition:

- Less focus on the hotbar and more on the fight, I want to watch the nice animations not a boring timer. A way to notice buffs and timers without being forced to watch the bars would be very nice

- Stealth bar (pops up when in stealth)

- Social bar (pops up when not in combat)

- Heroic Moment bar (pops up when in a heroic moment)

- Stance bar could be nice too

Edited by Neloth

• Editor Grid and Snap Too ability to make it easier to center and align objects
  • Health bars and Text that scale seperate from the frame, like Ops frames work
  • Customizable Heads up Display to more easily track buffs/dots/hots/cooldowns so we don't have to stare at our bars
  • A way to dual bind abilities to a bar activating the secondary ability with a modifier key like shift, alt, ctrl. Holding the modifier key would show the icon of those abilities, this would allow more barspace without more bars to clutter the screen
  • A gear manager to allow us to easily switch between premade gear sets, with each set having pre-set color matching and helm toggles, allowing us to quickly switch between PvE and PvP sets, as an example
  • Mouseover click casting for healers
  • More uniformity in unit frames, Player/Target, compact companion, target of target, and focus target are all quite different
  • Allow us to re-order the companion toolbar so that we can show the two abilitys we want when the toolbatr isn't expanded
  • A way to lock windows in place once we move them

btw, companion bar is bugged, when you go in and out of raids and the companion bar "locks out". It will keep move the companion bar slightly to the right when it locks.

Also there is a bug with the ui for the new war zone. The window for that will reset every time you load into that war zone. I can not save a new location for the bar that shows how well my team is or isn't doing. It keeps moving that part of the UI to the right side of the screen for some reason?

I play the game on Eyefinity with three monitors (<3 you guys for making it possible). The only thing UI customization in 1.2 doesn't seem to solve (and if it does, I apologize) are windows like Inventory, Character, Guild ... basically anything that comes up with a hotkey does not seem to be impacted by UI customization. Can we get these windows unlocked and their position edit...able so I can not look back and forth from far left for my character screen and far right for my inventory? I know, /firstworldproblem, but you asked for suggestions! :D

Very respectfully,

Agent Geoff Awesome

The Gloom Walkers

Jedi Covenant

P.S. The operative healing changes in 1.2 are great!

If you open the Editor, there is a toggle (Enable Moveable Secondary Windows) to unlock the windows, and then you can move them around, however there is no way to lock them to the new position once you do so, so sometimes you can accidentally drag them a bit.

pros - xml export

-scaling

- view

cons

- don't like any of the default views that much

- lacks 4 bars along the bottom (2x2 columns)

- cool down status could be improved even further (eg make it even brighter or colored)

- lack square mini-map :)

- no option to keep Quest Tracer minimized through zoning and relogging

- Mastery Window isn't that quality of visual 'look' IMO

- lacks dual-targetting

- in Warzones the Score Window still doesn't seem to auto-place itself (like you might think if you minimized the quest tracker then it should move all the way to the right).

Edited by WLpride

I'd like some class specific UI tools added. For example: I play a scrapper and it'd be cool if it were easier to see how many upper hands I've got going. You could have a pair of lights near the character portait or something like that. Just some sort of way to see it out of the corner of my eye rather than having to find it in the buffs/debuffs area and checking the number there. I know other classes have similar mechanics they may want to keep track of more easily.

I think it was said previously, but some buff/debuff seperation and scaling would be cool. Particularly, I'd like some way to tell when my vital shot is going to tick off of the mob. If there are multiple smugglers in the group, this can get particularly tricky with the current UI.

I like the idea of players being able to make a waypoint on their map that party members can see. This would be good to find a place to meet for a quest or for talking about a boss strat in an operation. You could even make it a sort of beacon in game so it's visible that way, too.

Yeah!