UI Feature Feedback Request

AmberGreen

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like some features, don't know if someone mentioned it (58page is a bit too much to read) :

-proc visibility. I want to see them near my character, not on my buff bar. Some are easy to miss (project buff for shadow tank), while some are more easy (FA proc for commando).

-color change for the UI. I'm tired of the light blue. I wish it was black, like it was during old beta-alpha.

-a grid, or something to help when I try to align my skillbar.

-remove the green stuff around the UI part you want to move, so I can see where are the other part of my UI. It's currently quite a pain to align skillbar.

-more skillbar. Already mentioned. And a legacy skillbar.

So many requests, many of which I'd like as well, so I'll list the ones I'd like to see the most.

• Proc Art - An attractive alert or overlay for buttons and on screen whenever certain abilities proc.
  • Hovercasts/Click Casting - Within reason.
  • Ability Morphing - I don't know what else to call this, but it'd probably be better handled by macros. Certain abilities kinda clutter up space due to their limited use, like Pommel Strike. It would be nice if a slot could follow certain if/then statements and do something like... if the target is not vulnerable then the ability is Assault, but if stunned it becomes Pommel Strike, unless on cooldown.
  • Class colors - It kinda helps me in group situations knowing who can take a hit better than someone else.
  • Extra bars/paging - Pretty straightforward, however I notice currently if all bars are active then the paging button doesn't have any other bars to page to.
  • Improved Nameplates - I'd like to click 'em. I'd like to shorten them. Sometimes I don't wanna read "Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Grand Poobah of the Fantabulous Race."

I do not know if this has been suggested already and I really do not wish to wade through 50+ posts but I would really like to see a way to increase the size of the target marker or at least change the colour of it (BOTH would be nice) as it being the same colour as all enemy targets makes it incredibly hard to see on high resolution/large screens especially in pvp.

I use a 30 inch monitor and 2560x1600 resolution so the target marker is very very small.

Oh and a way to increase the size of the cursor would also be useful, for similar reasons.

Edited by EarthboundMisfit
additional ideas

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone. Now that you’ve been able to use the UI Customization features implemented with Game Update 1.2, the developers would like to request your feedback. In this thread, please post to let us know what UI features or functions you would like to see implemented in the future.

We are already working on a few areas based on your feedback, such as additional hotbars and more customizable buff bars. While we do not have an estimate for when these features will be implemented, we are hoping that more great ideas will come from you!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. We’re looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

05.02.2012 , 09:13

I wonder, when will any results be available? For example - hotbar #5? :rak_02:

Edited by Glower

My requests here

- Let me move things around by selecting them and using the ARROW KEYS to nudge them about rather than having to click and drag

- Let me do the same frame customisations on the Focus Target as on the other target frames (e.g. Percentages and flipping)

- Let me remove the picture of my character from the Player Frame and maybe even my character name to allow greater reduction of wasted space

- Let me have more quick bars and make the current ones longer than they are - possibly do this but limit the overall number of buttons to what there currently are. This is just so I have more freedom of position and am not fixed to 4 groups of buttons

- Add chat panel customizations to UI customization saves rather than a separate interface thing and give me more customization of the chat panel layout such as vertical flipping

- Let me extend the XP bar without changing the vertical space

- Provide other such scaling options that don't all rely on vertical and horizontal constant proportionality e.g. horizontal extension of health bars

- Possibly allow me to change the shape of the mini map (far fetched one there but some more freedom would be nice with that)

- Allow me to preview my UI more easily like showing fake group frames and operation frames so I can test my user interface more easily

- Let me change how much darker the backdrop is made in the interface editor and show/hide the outlines on the editor to make element positioning less guesswork and more natural meaning less switching on/off the editor all the time to see how things look

- Allow separate scaling of buffs/debuffs, and health/energy

- Put quest objectives on the quick travel map

- Always show quest objective location on the map even if its a taxi away rather than just saying that the quest objective is at the taxi - this is a planet-specific problem

- Improve planetary map on Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa (and others with the same rubbish map)

Edited by omNOMNOMinator

• 3 years later...

Can you please make an option for tooltips to be in front always?

Right now tooltips are always cut in half because of my right side action bars.

>inb4 just disable action bars

>inb4 other stupid suggestions that won't solve my problem

It should be pretty simple to have the tool tip "box" take precedence over all other UI parts.

Why.... why is this not a thing?

Can you please make an option for tooltips to be in front always?

Right now tooltips are always cut in half because of my right side action bars.

>inb4 just disable action bars

>inb4 other stupid suggestions that won't solve my problem

It should be pretty simple to have the tool tip "box" take precedence over all other UI parts.

Why.... why is this not a thing?

inb4 nice necro comment:p

1. Quick Bar Slots - Lock ability in preferences instead of or in addition to option to lock quick bar slots.

2. Mail - Move the delete button to far right of mail. The batch retrieval of mail messages is still bugged with crafting mats so instead of bulk retrieving them all, you have to click each mail and when you have a lot the delete button is too close to the retrieve button.

3. Friends List - Last time player was online option for friends' list.

Edited by pooks

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone. Now that you’ve been able to use the UI Customization features implemented with Game Update 1.2, the developers would like to request your feedback. In this thread, please post to let us know what UI features or functions you would like to see implemented in the future.

We are already working on a few areas based on your feedback, such as additional hotbars and more customizable buff bars. While we do not have an estimate for when these features will be implemented, we are hoping that more great ideas will come from you!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. We’re looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

I WANT EITHER ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS or MAGNIFICATION TOOLS

OF and FOR: ALL TEXT AND FONTS IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!

(Not just most text or some text but ALL text)

ADD IT EITHER VIA INTERFACE EDITOR or some other way - i dont care!!!!

Some of us LOVE THIS GAME but CANNOT PLAY "good enough" BECAUSE we CANNOT READ ITEM DESCRIPTIONS (that TINY TEXT you IDIOT DEVS put in the game IS NOT ADJUSTABLE via Interface Editor, NOR can Windows Magnifier Accessibility Tool work with SWTOR since it causes the MOUSE CURSOR to DISAPPEAR on MY system!!!). THERE IS NO REAL SOLUTION except to play in a smaller resolution and i am just NOT WILLING to do that being that i should NOT HAVE TO, since all you DEVS need to do is GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR and ADD OPTIONS TO ADJUST THE TINY TEXT in Item descriptions OR add a MAGNIFIER TOOL (for "out of combat at the very least) for those of us with PRESBYOPIA or other visual disabilities or difficulties!!!!

and i know i am not alone in this area. SO MANY PEOPLE post this in SUGGESTION BOX under General but it does not seem that devs even care to look that over anymore. They just ignore it all. So now i am posting it here :(

DOES ANYONE CARE about us PAID SUBSCRIBERS who CANNOT READ ANY Item Description text, IN-GAME??? :(

I would LOVE to see numbers and percentages on Focus Targets. This would be incredibly helpful for some fights where mechanics trigger at certain percentages.

SAD this was posted 5 years ago and ALL DEVS IGNORED THE **** out of it!

Because we still DO NOT HAVE this and it is a GREAT IDEA (since before v1.2!!!!!!!)

***?!?!

EDIT: ugggh in fact this entire thread is DEAD since 2015 (before my 2 comments, the last reply was dated 2015) :(

EA/BW ... JUST BE HONEST!

ADMIT: YOU NEVER READ FORUMS AND YOU NEVER EVER EVER LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS!!!!!!!!

:(

Edited by lightningseven

You have to admitt they did make a lot of changes to improve the UI since launch and its way better than having to use stupi addons.

I'm not sure if you've ever played WoW, but they still make you use addons to even get close to a swtor set up. I went back to WoW recently to see if I could get into it again. I had to download multiple addons just to get a similar UI to swtor. Then I had to set up the screen the way I wanted. It took me nine hours and I still could get it exactly the same as my swtor setup. Then because I had to use multiple addons, they had conflicts and didn't mesh properly and I had to disable some. Ontop of that, when WoW does a patch those addons might not work if the addons makers don't update them.

After all of that I found I didn't enjoy WoW like I used to. I can also say that while addon thing was a major turn off too.

While Bio could still make some changes and I think the idea of being able to increase text size is a good one, the UI is still better than most other games out there.