UI Feature Feedback Request

AmberGreen

As the sort of player who LOVES custom UIs I have been very impressed with what you have done so far. A few limiting things that I have found so far:

- I would love to be able to customise the chat window in a similar manor to the rest of the UI.

- I'd like for the operation frames to be further customisable. For example: Be able to have them fill up from the bottom. So I'm in a group of two people and instead of it putting person A at the top and then person B underneath them, have person A sit at the bottom and person B above them.

- I play this game with a mate (just the two of us), on every run through, I't would be nice to be able to see companions in the operation frames (I am playing a healer at the moment).

- I'd like to be able to flip horizontally and vertically for all the elements, esp the companion bar and the mini map.

- I'd like to have the option to turn off buff/de-buff icons on focus targets, targets of targets etc if I chose to.

- Snap too while customising

- Some way to track important buffs/de-buffs on your player as well as target with out having to sort through all the other buffs and de-buffs. And being able to chose what is important to you. To be clear this needs to be a seperate element in the UI not tied to something else (like its currently tied to player frame and target frame)

- More uniformity with the different "portrait" elements (companion, target, target of target portraits)

- And please please please make it so we can move skills on our companion bars.

Some cool features that I think would be great (but are less important to me than the above changes) are stuff like:

- Being able to change the colour of the UI

- Have a number of different overall, sort of, themes to choose from that alter the...hmm unsure how to articulate it. Sort of different flourishes on the edges of the mini map and hot bars while still keeping the core architecture of the UI.

Edited by Shadaii

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to be able to move certain buffs/debuffs individually. For instance Barrage on Mercenery I'd like to move to the center and make bigger.

I'd also like to be able to bring forward/send back/bring to top/send to bottom certain windows.

Could you either add a Grade Level search for materials to the GTN or change the level of the item to the grade level.

Release the UI API to the modding community, and do it yesterday.

No matter what you guys do to the UI you will never touch the custumization imagination your entire community could bring.

1.2 was nice, but not close to what anyone coming from (the game that will not be named) will tolerate for long.

This!!!!!

Yes I know its bad to mention other games but....in Rift there was a Attack/Heal Tgts tgt.

To apply this to SWTOR:

If I have the boss targeted my heals would heal whoever the boss has targeted automatically.

If I have the tank targeted my damage would hit the tanks target automatically.

Right now in SWTOR you have to click each person you want to heal/attack.

This ability can solve people attacking mobs that the tank is not attacking and also helps with healing fights such as Bonethrasher who just randomly targets people.

With Bonethrasher for example as a healer I currently have a dps call out who the boss is targeting and we shield/heal that person. With the Heal Tgts Tgt function you would take out this need to call names out on voice communication thus allowing dps/tanks to focus more on doing their job.

I got two bigs about this, I also tried to get in the suggestion box (see my sig);

I really miss an option to show a 24hr clock instead of the default am/pm we have here as english client users living in europe but not even actually use am/pm much.

Second as a healer I really miss a "target of focus frame", so I could focus the boss and see what he is targeting so I can save my targeting for heals instead of checking now and then the boss its target.

Edit; just tought of a third one, give an option to integrade the castbar in the normal frames, will smooth out my UI by allot actually, it is kinda ugly how it is separated (in my case).

Edit2; I have opsframes as party frames but please show companions in those frames so when duo-questing it will allow me to actually see a companions health to take action if needed.

Edit3; I don'r know if it is me, but text is blurry or sharp. This happens on tooltip information on items and even in lines on the chat. Sometimes they look crisp and sharp and then other time I get some blurry text which is annoying me a bit.

Edited by Ocmer_

I'm generally satidfied with the options, great job.

But now that it was asked:

- Size for the secondary windows. Now they only affected by the global scale, so wether I have all gui elemens scaled down, or have to set the size of almost all elements one by one.

- Resizeable windows. Mostly the vendor windows, where the lists can be too small sometime.

- More compare and tooltip info. I'm thinking about already known crafting schematics, or orange weapons from loot. Or a compare window when inspecting another player...

- Making the buff/debuff area customizable. Only show relevant/own debuffs, or style. Would be easier to follow how procs and buffs going in combat.

- Color options. The ideal would be an rgb slider, but if there was a red, green, yellow, option beside the blue, it would be great.

and a very personal one:

- An option/shift-button/spec-mode for casting the target circle AoE abilities right to the target without manually setting the circle itself.

I got two bigs about this, I also tried to get in the suggestion box (see my sig);

I really miss an option to show a 24hr clock instead of the default am/pm we have here as english client users living in europe but not even actually use am/pm much.

Second as a healer I really miss a "target of focus frame", so I could focus the boss and see what he is targeting so I can save my targeting for heals instead of checking now and then the boss its target.

Read my post above yours...cause your problem can also be solved by Heal Tgts Tgt function :)

Read my post above yours...cause your problem can also be solved by Heal Tgts Tgt function :)

I know I've read it but somehow I still prefer to heal by targeting than just idling a boss's target. Well I know people who will love the tru tank dps or tru boss heal, I'll stick with the active targeting heal. For this it would be great to have hoveroverheal again but it is kinda much to ask and I am totally used again healing by click-click ;)

As the sort of player who LOVES custom UIs I have been very impressed with what you have done so far. A few limiting things that I have found so far:

- I would love to be able to customise the chat window in a similar manor to the rest of the UI.

- I'd like for the operation frames to be further customisable. For example: Be able to have them fill up from the bottom. So I'm in a group of two people and instead of it putting person A at the top and then person B underneath them, have person A sit at the bottom and person B above them.

- I play this game with a mate (just the two of us), on every run through, I't would be nice to be able to see companions in the operation frames (I am playing a healer at the moment).

- I'd like to be able to flip horizontally and vertically for all the elements, esp the companion bar and the mini map.

- I'd like to have the option to turn off buff/de-buff icons on focus targets, targets of targets etc if I chose to.

- Snap too while customising

- Some way to track important buffs/de-buffs on your player as well as target with out having to sort through all the other buffs and de-buffs. And being able to chose what is important to you. To be clear this needs to be a seperate element in the UI not tied to something else (like its currently tied to player frame and target frame)

- More uniformity with the different "portrait" elements (companion, target, target of target portraits)

-- "sticky" bars that can attach to each other so I don't have to guess with how close or level they are to one another

- And please please please make it so we can move skills on our companion bars.

Some cool features that I think would be great (but are less important to me than the above changes) are stuff like:

- Being able to change the colour of the UI

- Have a number of different overall, sort of, themes to choose from that alter the...hmm unsure how to articulate it. Sort of different flourishes on the edges of the mini map and hot bars while still keeping the core architecture of the UI.

What this guy said and...

-- different color patters... maybe give us a palate or a color slider and have the current theme just adjust to the color we pick. Can be dark/light versions of red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, etc?

-- the ability to set text size DIFFERENTLY from the actual scale of the boxes. It's really really bad sometimes. I have to make my operations frames literally as big as they can get to read the names,

-- selection from nameplate

-- being able to get a right-click menu from ops frames

And this is going to sound like a stretch and it's going to kill the ui dpt to get done but....

**** I'd KILL for a warning on buffs. Maybe something like Alert? I'd love at least a moveable icon like that so I can watch my GIANT procs (and their stacks) or keep an eye out specifically for when some longer-than-normal-but-not-that-long cooldowns are available for use.

Edited by Sivenom

Please dear god let me resize buffs and debuffs.

Fix the Denova scoreboard. It seems like it is the only ui element that will not stay where I put it.

Allow companions in in party frames.

Allow all elements to be flipped horozonally and vertically.

Better single targetting systems including a much smoother way to target characters not in your ops group when in large scale fights.

Stacking or staggered health bars or name plates ability to toggle the nameplate on a person to only show when they are in casting range.

1) Please allow to scale buffs & debuffs everywhere (on player, target, target-of-target, group and raid frames)

Please........

2) Add new empty quickslot bar.

3) Fix blurry icons on 2/3/4 quickslot bars! Screen with blurry icons: http://i47.tinypic.com/21ju9u0.png and old topic http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403044

4) Allow to change number of buffs & debuffs for one line

Edited by Glower

I'd like the ability to cast a spell on a unit I don't have targeted by means of a "targeting cursor" if my current target is illegal. This way, I can keep a mob targeted (for ease of interrupting and that) but still heal the group.

Also, it would be great if companions in a group setting had their own unit frames instead of the tiny frame underneath party members. They'd be much easier to monitor and heal that way, especially in debuff-intensive fights.

- Chat windows that auto underlay the map. Currently I have two chat windows, one bottom left and one bottom right. I sort different chat streams into these windows. If I have the map open and try to click on an exit point (a quest has a particular exit from an area lit up in green) and it happens to be over top of any of my chat windows, that brings the chat window to the foreground and I am unable to click the exit to have the map show me the next area. The only way for me to fix this is to drag my map around so that the exit isn't over top of a chat window.

- Chat windows that are lockable.

- Chat windows option to enable click-through.

- Chat windows that can be merged. By this I mean take a secondary chat window and re-dock it with the primary chat window.

- Chat windows that can be set as the primary (and thus removing any text input in the secondary chat windows). This is a big one because half the time I try to respond to a tell I'll hit enter and it will open the wrong chat window.

- An option to redirect all red error messages to a chat window instead of spamming the center of the screen. Personally I'd rather not see it at all but this option will allow me to disable it entirely while allowing other people who want to see it to see it. Also, the UI is buggy as hell and I can fill up the buffer resulting in locking the hotbars (no buttons are clickable) until the buffer empties the red text spam in the center of the screen. I can easily reproduce this. Dumping it to a chat window instead *might* alleviate this issue.

- I'm not certain if this falls in the category of UI or not. Fix the errors where button mashing results in a global cooldown happening but no ability firing. I presume this is not an issue of how the UI handles key input but just in case I'll throw it on the list.

- Add a filter to the target frames so I can disable seeing every other persons debuff that way I can actually track my own.

Edited by Niil

1. ability to move the lock and the + button away from upper left of the tool bar; I manually click in the abilitie boxes on the toolbar and always unlock the UI and wind up dragging abilities off the tool bar and somehow resetting the whole saved UI to the retro.

2. ability to resize the overhead map and close the left and right panels on it

3. enemy targets shown on mini map

4. materials/resources stack to 999 versus 99

5. Nesting of materials into mat packs

Edited by pooks
more

my votes:

1. Snap-to-grid
  2. removable portraits
  3. scaleable buffs in operations frame
  4. skin / color options
  5. fix the Novare Coast Objective bug
  6. more hotbars (which I understand is in the works - just reiterating)

if you do allow user addon scripting, please still develop your own -- I don't like needing to download & update an external addon simply because the standard UI is deficient. I like the provided customize UI feature a lot.

Edit3; I don'r know if it is me, but text is blurry or sharp. This happens on tooltip information on items and even in lines on the chat. Sometimes they look crisp and sharp and then other time I get some blurry text which is annoying me a bit.

^This! :eek:

Fix resource tooltip - currently are where you have to keep tip of your mouse to see it is about 1 point high.

Ability to set default depth of any window, always on top, etc. 4 or 10 levels that players can assign to any element of ui, and hidden depth based on last active element.

Ability tooltips suck when they hide under inventory.

Some way to let us make target indicator much more visible. Small arrow and circle that is obscured by everything don't help here. Bigger nameplates(ability to scale them) and ability to click them to take target.

Keeping track of targets is kind of hard(messy tab-targeting dooesn't help) and better UI wiuld help.

Movable/scalable buffs/debuffs could also help, maybe ability to divide them in two sets of buffs/debuffs - one you don't really have to track constantly(stance, sprint, class buffs) and those you do(procs, slows, cleansable debuffs), and let players decide(by name/ability id) what goes where.

1) Ability to set the levels of the individual UI frames, to determine which frames appear in front or behind others.

2) Ability to re-skin the UI art or remove it entirely.

3) Ability to save keybindings in XML file to import for other characters!

4) Snap-to features to allow us to link frames to each other.

5) Hitpoint text for companion frames.

6) Manual X/Y coordinate entry for frame placement.

7) Multiple forms for base frames, such as character frame and target frame (with/without portrait, minimalist, rectangular, etc.)

8) Easy toggle to hide all UI elements EXCEPT for subtitles and the conversation wheel during conversations

9) Hide companion head slot option.

10) Zoom for the item preview window.

11) Ability to sort character selection screen by level and/or by last-played. (most rarely played characters get shuffled to the bottom)

12) Mailbox feature to export message text to a text file, stored in folders named with Server-Character like #13 below.

13) Screenshots automatically stored in folders named with Server-Character under Screenshots folder.

14) Action-bar conditionals that change the ability based on whether target is hostile/friendly. (Neutral can have a default selected)

15) Map markers, like in Mass Effect 1. Right-click on world map, and get a waypoint arrow in minimap.

16) Minimap pings that party can see and hear (with ability to disable the ping sound)

Edited by EJedi

On warzones:

Buttons below warzone-minimap for quick motivation of players:

Left door / Right door

Left panel / Right panel

+

Left Turret / Central / Right Turret

+

East Turret / South Turret / West Turret

Not necessarily to write text in the chat if the player presses the button - just flashing icon on the minimap would be nice! :)

Hi Bioware, I agree with most if not all of the a fore mentioned ideas most them sound pretty cool infact there is really not any that i disagree with but some others that i would really like to see that i have not read are.

1. DPS meters built into the game with an easy on/off toggle function also heal meters etc other options

2. An ability to "PIng" by Ctrl + click. something both on a target and on the map to help with new players that dont wear to stand dont know who to target ect.. this should be available to the group leader and the select box becomes bigger with a unique target above their head.

3. I think a separate function that The group leader should be able to is like Open up a Boss Debrief Map page for instance.. and this would allow the group leader or others while explaining a boss fight that they can mark locations on a Map with a little red dot For instance "tank, thank the boss there" marked by red T symbol "when the boss uses defensive tactics shields come there" Two green dots... "dps stand / stay out of this area " Marked by White pencil lines. Kind of like a word art overlay for the map on Boss fights and harder encounters etc..

4. A reset OPS/FP option so if one PUG makes a mistake on an OPS group it does not force the entire party to commit suicide/party wipe.. those repair bills are not cheap.

Thanks im sure there are many others

The whole customization thing looks cheap, And I mean cheap, no matter what effort you put into it, it always looks like it was designed by someone half arsed. So give us the ability to fully customize this to our liking, or rather, so that some people can make some awesome looking and working Uis that the lazy people like myself can use.