UI Feature Feedback Request

AmberGreen

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use three of the toolbars at once. I use the two on the bottom and one on the left side of the screen. I don't use the one on the right side of the screen and can't remove it. If there is a way to remove that one on the right and keep the others, please let me know, I haven't figured it out yet.

Allow us the option to make certain toolbars visible on mouse over.

Allow us the option to make a toolbar visible only in combat or out of combat.

Buffbars with option to hide certain buffs (sprint, etc) for self and target(s).

Better proc indicators. Text is fine. Watching toolbars is unfun ;)

Snap to grid.

Transfer key binds across characters.

Release the UI API to the modding community, and do it yesterday.

No matter what you guys do to the UI you will never touch the custumization imagination your entire community could bring.

1.2 was nice, but not close to what anyone coming from (the game that will not be named) will tolerate for long.

Don't cave to this pressure BW. It's your game. Giving us options in game is great, but do not let the hordes have access to it.

Substantially better buff+debuff handling.

I don't really give a damn about my long term buffs, provided I can check they're up prior to a serious fight.

But mid-fight I need to be able to see whether proc abilities have triggered clearly & rapidly, and to be aware what CDs I have up (and how long they've got to run).

A customisable Power Auras (the wow addon) style approach would be strongly preferable, but just being able to move procs vs short duration vs long duration stuff around & change its visibility would be a very good start.

Edited by Lakhesis

Don't cave to this pressure BW. It's your game. Giving us options in game is great, but do not let the hordes have access to it.

Yeah.

After years of playing WoW, I finally decided that I really only needed my UI to be re-skinned. I didn't need all the bloated features of the AddOns I was using, so I just made my own UI that simply re-positioned the default UI components and changed the artwork.

I still used a few AddOns for features Blizzard had not implemented, but all in all they had done a very good job with the default UI by Cataclysm release.

Please let us save our keybinds to a local file. It is a major pain to recreate them everytime we create a new character.

Also, have the keybinds be saved and in-game selectable options just like the UI files are. So if all characters are set to have the key-binds of character X, then once you change X's keybinds, all your alts get the same change.

Also, companion abilities need to be able to go on any bar, especially the 2 abilities that are used constantly - companion attack and companion passive (we also desperately (!!!!) need "companion move to where I click and stay there").

Oh one more thing can we get a server time please.. and not a time to set what your computer clock says.... help a lot with people from different timezones TY!

Yes! And don't make it even consult your computer's clock either, even after translating for the server timezone, since people's computer's don't necessarily have the correct time. Use a time actually gotten directly from the server.

Thank you for this thread! I would like to be able to change the text color that appears over player and NPC characters' heads. Right now the text color for grouped and un-grouped players is very similar, and in a crowd they can be hard to pick out. In the chat window, group chat is a purple font by default, so I think it would be nice if grouped players' nameplates were purple too. I know colorblind people have trouble differentiating the colors as well.

Thank you!

CHAT + CHAT WINDOWS

• Click through option for windows, chat boxes, hotkey bars. This essentially makes the object a information supply only. Rather than interactive.
  • Only Chat here option: Would set 1 chat window as the only place where the chat line appears when pressing 'enter' or clicking the chat window. Available on detached tabs/new chat windows.
  • Removable borders/background/buttons from additional chat windows.
  • Chat window background alpha adjustable when focused. I would like to have a transparent/low opacity background for some chat windows even when it has focus.
  • Allow Tab/Shift-tab key to cycle through previous tells/whispers senders when chat entry has focus.
  • Allow full options of right click on names in all chat scenarios and guild windows.
    needs to be huge aswell.

HOTKEY BARS + COMPANION BARS
  • A reactives bar: A clickable popup hot bar based on current skill procs/reactives. Even a non-interactive popup bar would be great. This would be movable/scalable/alpha/click through optioned.
  • Unlock companion skill bar to allow customized placement of skills. Would like to put long CD companions skills in the first 4 slots to use the short view of their hotbar.
  • Allow double tap of a ground target skill to auto cast on mouse pointer. (probably not ui related)
  • Allow ground target reticules from skills during GCD. Just prevent the cast till expiration of GCD. (probably not UI related)

PORTRAIT + TARGET BARS + TARGETTING
  • Detachable buffs/debuffs from portrait.
  • Configurable display of which debuffs/buffs are shown. Including separating the two.
  • Configurable text size/format in target windows. Currently in order to increase the text size the entire window
  • Implement optional target forwarding. I.e target a hostile - offensive abilities hit hostile - heals hit target of hostile. A modifier key can be enabled for self targetting.

GENERAL WINDOWS/OBJECTS
  • Show current Credits amount on crew skill mission window.
  • Add options to tooltip window placement. ie expand from center, bottom, top, left, right. So large tooltips dont expand off screen when the window is detached and moved from default.
  • Readycheck
  • Compose mail auto fill "TO" field to include legacy characters aswell as friends/guild.

Edited by Spaj

Yes I know its bad to mention other games but....in Rift there was a Attack/Heal Tgts tgt.

To apply this to SWTOR:

If I have the boss targeted my heals would heal whoever the boss has targeted automatically.

If I have the tank targeted my damage would hit the tanks target automatically.

Right now in SWTOR you have to click each person you want to heal/attack.

This ability can solve people attacking mobs that the tank is not attacking and also helps with healing fights such as Bonethrasher who just randomly targets people.

With Bonethrasher for example as a healer I currently have a dps call out who the boss is targeting and we shield/heal that person. With the Heal Tgts Tgt function you would take out this need to call names out on voice communication thus allowing dps/tanks to focus more on doing their job.

I really like this idea too! Makes DPS SO much easier! Just target the tank and GO!

Targeting macros/mouseover tageting.

In WoW I used a targeting macro for healing that prioritized anyone under my mouse pointer, my active target if I weren't hovering over anyone and myself if there were no other target.

I'd very, very much like to get back to that as the targeting mechanics for healing are very clunky with the current system.

As a second request I'd like to see the following changes made to buffs/debuffs.

• Type (ie. Physical, Tech, Mental or Force) always prominently displayed.
  • No unremovable debuffs, with the possible exception for those related to Ops boss mechanics/staged fights.
  • An option to gray out/fade or otherwise render debuffs that my character can't actively remove less prominent. There's no point for me, especially as a healer, to see stuff I can't do anything about. I want to be able to easily tell when my cleansing skill is actually useful, especially in ops and PvP.

Chat bubbles and ready check are the obvious missing elements. Let me set key bindings by clicking on a hot-bar inside the UI editor instead of in preferences. Figuring out which bar is "bar 3" is a chore. Allow me to split an action bar into its individual slots and let me place the slots anywhere I want, for example in a circle around my character instead of as a bar. Allow me to add a bar (bar as in a bar-chart) that shows the cooldown on an ability. Also allow me to add bars that key in on things like a buff or a debuff and make the bar show how much time is left on the buff/debuff.

Add a way to add customized notifications. So I could add rules like "when X show Y". For example:

• when I get a second tactical advantage, flash the screen blue.
  • When there is 5m or less left on my class buff and I'm not in combat and not on the fleet, put a skull in the middle of the screen.
  • When the cooldown on full auto is done, play this MP3 file

Oh, and add a button to res at start point in ops so we don't have to all wait for the guy with the 10m loading time every single time. Waving your weak point (load times) in people's faces like that just isn't such a great move.

Please make a color wheel so i can change the color of my UI. I would like to be able to set different colors for different characters i play on.

Warrior

Inquisitor

Knight

Consular

Trooper

Smuggler

Agent

Bounty Hunter

Edited by Darththai

I lot of suggestions, but I have praise for allowing us to customize our UI. At first when presented with the customization I was happy then frustrated. Frustrated because there was so much I could tweak and fine tune to give myself the best UI experience for playing the game. I felt I was using so much time tweaking the UI that I could be using towards playing the game. But now that I have my UI set up for my 9 characters I am very happy and can get a lot on the screen by adjusting such things as size and transparency. The ability to move things for my preference for field of view is great too. Thank you for the tools to customize my UI game experience.

I only use three of the toolbars at once. I use the two on the bottom and one on the left side of the screen. I don't use the one on the right side of the screen and can't remove it. If there is a way to remove that one on the right and keep the others, please let me know, I haven't figured it out yet.

Open the interface editor, and you can select the right bar, (move it if you want), or uncheck the Enabled button and save the new UI.

These are the ones that jump to the top of my list:

When keybinding the number pad to a key, have it list as N1 instead of just 1. Like we get for control-1 (C1)

The ability to autohide a frame during combat.

The ability to save and load key bindings locally.

Be able to close each chat window individually.

Be able to set each chat window and Mission Tracker to click-through

Ability to customize buffs/debuffs, especially your own (increase their size and get numbers on them)

I'd like to be able to switch of displaying of sprint and class buffs or for that matter any buff, on myself or enemies as it creates clutter.

oh and EXTRA BARS!

Edited by Lovia

I occasionally play on my htpc, which means I'm sitting across the room. 1.2 allows you to scale the UI up in size, which is great. I went from having to squint to read anything, to being able to read it, but it's uncomfortably small. I'd like to see the addition to scale the text independently in the various UI elements, versus just scaling the UI elements in their entirety.

Also, an auto line up feature to make it easier to align the various UI elements would be great.

The ability to move and scale the buffs/debuffs bar, preferably separately. What would be even better is if you could separate out specific buffs so you can highlight when procs go off.

A snap to grid would be nice.

I'd also like to customize my chat a bit more, such as the option of chat scrolling down from the top instead of up from the bottom, being able to disable the chat entry line on extra chat windows (or perhaps being able to bind different keys to start chat in different windows) and being able to disable the PvP warning spam (at least in any extra windows/tabs).

The ability to save all of your preference settings to a file, not just the UI settings, including chat settings. I especially would like this because my GPU is flaky so I crash every so often, and about half the time I crash all my preference settings are wiped out and reset to default. >.<

This next one isn't a UI customization thing, but it is a UI issue. Tab targeting right now is terrible. It really needs a big improvement.

Edit: oh yeah, a couple of other things that are UI related: the ability to preview weapons in the preview window, and the ability to zoom in and out in the preview window.

Edited by Neamhan

If you have to make only one feature, please add a mouse look hoteyable toggle. Some people hands will thank you for that ;)

That being said

- Save load key bindings

- Choose the game font (SWTOR bold font is tiring for the eyes to read)

- Dock UI elements one to the other and to the edges of the screen.

- UI Align and grid system

- Hide avatar frames, character name and level options

Minimap

• Hide Minimap buttons
  • Differentiate the type of gathering nodes with different icons, and allow us to filter which ones we want to see
  • Farther zoom out on the minimap
  • Squared minimap option
  • Allow us to move/hide the zone name from the minimap UI
  • Option to either rotate the minimap or the directional icon
  • Option to show friendlies or enemies dots (An in game IFF system would be nice, ie gear?)
  • Show/hide type of terrain
  • Hotkey to toggle on/off the minimap
  • Click on the minimap to point at specific spots for the grouped players & create waypoints
  • Select targets on the minimap

World Map

• Unify the maps scale so players instinctively knows the size of an area
  • Make hide map border through moving be instant vs fade off.
  • Make world maps seamless, zoomable and browseable
  • Allow us to browse known maps even if we aren't in the area or planet
  • Players map notes & being able to email them to other players
  • Make the map frame rescaleable and movable.
  • Mark space ports and fleet shuttles on the map
  • Display all mailbox points (vs only those around us)
  • Right click a quest = open the associated map area and highlight it
  • Right click on the map opens the map area opened just before the one displayed

In game way point for easiest travel (cf SWG) + datapad storage and emailing them.

Space map

• Add planets names on top of the planets (optional toggle)
  • Right click on the map opens the map area opened just before the one displayed
  • Replace double click select with single click (it will make browsing feel more seamless)

Quest icons

• Identify repeatable quests
  • Identify already done repeatable quests
  • Identify class quests
  • Identify group quests (differentiate 2+ and 4+)
  • Identify low level quests
  • Identify PvP quests

Note: as an alt addict I'd love to see a legacy marker identifying either all the quest I never done on any of my alts or the one I did.

Multiscreen

• Being able to move UI frames away from the game window (cf photo editing software)
  • Being able to choose the camera position: ex shoulder view or lower/higher or at least choose where is the "center" of the screen

Quest tracker

• Only show quest entries with clickable quest items
  • Align left/right option

Nameplates

• Nameplates hotkey toggle
  • Nameplates scaling (especially HP bars)
  • Separate companions and pets names plates display in their own category
  • Ideally allow players to have 2 nameplates settings, both being hotkeyable (ex I'd like a different one for PvP and PvE/Exploring)
  • Have nameplates not being display in front of in game elements being between the character and the character/npc associated with the name plate
  • Allow players to client side, show/hide others guild names, legacy titles, titles (one check box for each, ideally associated with name plates toggle hotkey)

Key bindings / skills

• No more hard coded key bindings ;)
  • Mouse look toggle
  • Have key bindings for each entry on a single row ( 3 columns) and have the action name written on the left instead (yes we read from left to right... well at least in EU / NA)
  • Allow key binding to skills without being obliged to have them in hot bars
  • Graphic key binding mode: click on a hot bar slot then select hotkey to associate to the slot
  • Assign and recall targets to hot key on the fly

Hotbars

• Move Companion skills to any hot bar or at least let us remove/customize the companion skills in the hotbar
  • Much more hot bars
  • Event triggered hot bars
  • Reactive skills pops up "in a reactive area zone with bigger clickable buttons.

Character sheet / doll

• Preview weapons
  • Zoom in/out & pan character doll
  • Resize preview frame
  • Open 2 preview windows ex character and companion or 2 companions at once
  • Move unify color buttons next to the gear icons and remove them for the sub section
  • Move hide helmet option to the head slot icon and have a hot key associated to it
  • Check box to show hood and/or helmet|mask
  • Unify color feature for companions
  • Hide head slot for companions

Gear Management

• Open multiple edit orange gear windows and switch/replace them from one to the other
  • Ability to display all the items stats for the character and all the companions mouse hovering on a slot for comparison
  • [sift ?] + right click = equip item to companion
  • Right click on an item reward to equip it directly so we don't need to open the inventory ([sift ?] + right click = equip item to companion)
  • Identify a bound item on the gear icon so we don't need to mouse over
  • Identify Light/Medium/heavy gear on the icon
  • Separate inventory bags for crafting items
  • Mark items as non sellable
  • Separate inventory bags for crafting items
  • Separate inventory bags for grey items

Vendor

• Move the vendor tooltip at the end of the item or skill description. Now it hides all the entries above and below making browsing not convenient
  • Sell grey button items on vendor frame
  • More sorting filters, level main stat, slot, class.
  • Display vendor price on gear inventory

GTN

• Filter (unique) option to sort result with only the cheapest entry for each item type. Clicking on that entry will display all the items of the same name
  • For stacks display price per unit
  • Ability to only buy a chosen number of items in a stack

Other

• Make lifts with only one destination directly teleport the player without requesting a click
  • Have 2 hotkeyable graphic settings
  • Option to have a cross hair in the middle of the screen (Some players play in FPS like mode with select target in the middle of the screen)
  • Allow to buff characters when selecting companions
  • Option to hide weapons automatically in conversation
  • Separate subtitles in their own UI frame & option for a black background for better readability.

There's also great feedback in the following thread. Brace yourself wall of texts incoming: Constructive Ideas for Improving the Built-In User Interface

Edited by Deewe