What is wrong with the new Warzone rewards? What can be done to fix the problem?

BigRedJedi

Wow? Seriously? Yeah... they're just going to stop listening to community forums. Um... no, they won't.

C'mon... I even get cynical at their lack of responses to certain issues sometimes, but your response is just silly.

It was meant to be silly, sorry i didnt throw enough smiley faces in their. I know people will never be happy, and will jump on everything they say. Just pointing out how their message could be misinterpreted.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! As an update to this topic, we wanted to point out that patch 1.2.0c this morning made changes to help with Warzone Reward issues:

PvP

• Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.
  • Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.

Thanks again for your feedback; we've been listening! o/''\o

Cool.

Have you considered re-instating the armament/wz daily/weekly? Although Ilum is deprecated, the daily gave you three armaments for every COMPLETED wz, so win or lose you got something. After 10 matches, you would complete the daily. After 50, you would complete the weekly.

This would be a good incentive for people to not drop and insures that you make SOME kind of progress, even when stuck in a miserable pug where some nub runs the wrong way with the huttball...lol

Statement: It will be interesting to see how the new update plays out.

Statement: But I've noticed a problem on my server. The Republic is always lacking a class in every single War Zone. The groups are either all Consulars and 2 Smugglers and 2 Commandos, or all Smugglers, Knights, and 2 Vanguards (usually I'm the only Vanguard but I'm not a tank). The problem is no diversity. When you lack proper DPS and tanking, you lose. When you have only one or no healer, you lose. I've won only 2 WZ all month because of this, and that was a very good day. Every Imperial group I've faced has had enough diversity to win every single time.

Irritated Query: Why is this happening?! Why does this continue? When will cross server be started?

It was meant to be silly, sorry i didnt throw enough smiley faces in their. I know people will never be happy, and will jump on everything they say. Just pointing out how their message could be misinterpreted.

That's what I call backpedaling

Hello everyone! As an update to this topic, we wanted to point out that patch 1.2.0c this morning made changes to help with Warzone Reward issues:

PvP

• Players will now receive rewards for Warzones if they have earned at least one medal.

I'm not seeing a difference sorry. I'm still getting the same 20-30 comms for a loss with 10+ medals.

That's what I call backpedaling

Why would I need to backpedal?I have never censored my general distaste for a number of the design decisions of the game, nor the atitude of the developers/community managers (as I percieve them) and I haven't even been subscribed for a couple months as my disatisfaction was hampering my enjoyment of the game so I took a break. I still browsed the forums, so it's not like I am blind to how overblown some of the reactions can be. When someone makes a statement that can be interpreted in the past-tense, it leaves them open for wild speculation and acusation.

Of course I don't assume that this hotfix was the last patch ever going to hit the servers, and the devs just "finished" the game. But at the same time, the statement also did not make any indication that they will continue to adjust things on this particular issue (hence why I said "stickler"). The fact that people are jumping on my post just emphasizes my point that messages in text can be misinterpreted. I was simply, while admitedly *****ishly, pointing out that Bioware as a whole need to choose their words more carefully, as there has been a lot of heat on these fourms that could be avoided or minimized if they were more clear.

[*]Increased rewards for players on the losing side of Warzone matches.

Thanks. It seems both winners and losers have been increased from about 100:50 max to about 150:100 max. This is much more reasonable. Please do not nerf it again. Thank you.

PvP

[ context == queue solo for WZ ]

I'm sorry, but players should not gain any sort of rewards for losing a WZ.

To many ppl just get the first 3 medals and then run around being free kills to the other team.

Removing any advancement for losing WZ will actually make those players participate fully.

PS: Unless it is a marketing scheme to retain customers while trying to appease those with a more harsh view of the MMO communities, like myself.

PvP

it doesnt seem that way, i dont recall anyone saying hey lower the stats on our gear so we have to upgrqade to be as good as we used to be, and i dont recall asking for the warzone shutdown to be taken away when it is 2vs8, i also dont recall anyone asking for the commendation system to change to something new making our old comms worthless, nor asking for champion armor to go away completely and giving us recruit armor...... if this is listening, your listening skills need work

To many ppl just get the first 3 medals and then run around being free kills to the other team.

Removing any advancement for losing WZ will actually make those players participate fully.

PS: Unless it is a marketing scheme to retain customers while trying to appease those with a more harsh view of the MMO communities, like myself.

Nope, that will just make them stop playing. For evidence, see WoW arenas.

Nope, that will just make them stop playing. For evidence, see WoW arenas.

Good. Why carry lazy peons.

Obviously being that you are surely one of them to take their defense... why bother explaining the fact that getting rewarded for being bad is... like I said... why bother.

So what you're saying is that if I solo queue, top the healing by 200k over the next guy, but still lose because I'm fighting a premade with four Warheros, that I should get zero commendations?

Ie... the rich get richer, and the poor stay right at the bottom.

Those who have better gear to start with would keep getting better gear, while those starting from scratch would have no chance of catching up.

Yeah.... that makes a LOT of sense.

I don't want the commendations on a silver platter, but if I put up a good fight despite being completely outgeared, then I do expect to be rewarded for it.

PvP

Thank you so much! This was really a great and much needed move, All the fun was taken out of PvP when you didnt get rewarded for anything you did actually do, regardless of winning or losing.

Impressively narrow minded elitest post!

Even though I win most of my solo que pvp matches this change has still motivated me into playing again.

PvP

Can you please leave them alone now !!! You have happy faces !!! :wea_03:

Impressively narrow minded elitest post!

Even though I win most of my solo que pvp matches this change has still motivated me into playing again.

Says the Communist leeching rewards from the work of others.

PvP

As of last night, the tooltip when you highlight the medal still says you need 3 medals to obtain rewards.

Just FYI.

PvP

It should have never been changed in the first place from pre 1.2 values/calculations, but ok.. Keep rewarding the people that are already strong and geared while the weak get weaker and will never be able to realistically catch up to close the gear cap and be competitive.