Poll: Which Top Priority? - Content (from 1.2 Onwards) or Server Merges/Transfers?

Calenei

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do "we" have to pick one of those choices?

Why not Transfers/Merge coming with the 1.2 patch?

It would be amazing. New content won't work without population, but population wants and needs the patch.

IMO, both should be active at the same time.

Server merge is a must before june, i'm sorry to say that but this game will die soon if bw doesnt do something to fix the population problem. Tomb of zerg nadd is not swtor community, its a zerg server and doesnt show how things are. Its sad to see only 1 server alive, most others dead.

There are some anticipated mmo's and and rpg comming in may and june, we all kknow the big names that are comming, and if swtor isnt fixed by then - it will fail big time and be forgotten soon... and so be it, cause they really f***ed things up at launch, too many servers, letting tomb grow while other servers died...

bw seems not to care at all for EU...

Edited by mrktrb

Since I'm not even level 50 yet I'm still fine with the content but I really feel the crave for a server merge.

Furthermore, you should definitely overhaul the source codes since it's rather clumsily coded in my opinion. I got quite a gaming rig along with a SSD but it still takes me about 30 seconds to load a planet. This indicates bad coding.

*Bangs head against wall*

Why do you think these things are a "choice"?

Why do you think that the people who do game mechanics and art assests for new content are the same people who do server merges and transfers?

Why do people find it so hard to understand that there are multiple teams working on multiple things at once?

Why would you actively choose NOT to get new in-game content when clearly the implementation (or not) of things like server mergers or character transfers would so clearly, if you thought about it logically, have absolutely no bearing on the work that the content creators do?

Do you really think the character designer working on new boss models gets pulled off that to merge some servers instead if they prioritise that?

*Bangs head on desk*

*Bangs head against wall*

Why do you think these things are a "choice"?

Why do you think that the people who do game mechanics and art assests for new content are the same people who do server merges and transfers?

Why do people find it so hard to understand that there are multiple teams working on multiple things at once?

Why would you actively choose NOT to get new in-game content when clearly the implementation (or not) of things like server mergers or character transfers would so clearly, if you thought about it logically, have absolutely no bearing on the work that the content creators do?

Do you really think the character designer working on new boss models gets pulled off that to merge some servers instead if they prioritise that?

*Bangs head on desk*

if you would quit bangin your head against a wall maybe you would realize this is about priority not choosing one over the other

I wish I could actually PLAY in the first place, but nope, server's dead. Content, lol.

And guess what? I DID reroll, got to 50, BM, then realized there really was no point, I only wanted to play my original character back on the dead server. If that's not trying, then I don't know what is.

Edited by Sayrir

There's no reason to merge servers. Just give everyone 1 transfer per character per week. If they dumped server mergers on us, a lot of us would be forced to come up with new names if they already existed on the server we were being forced into.

I really wish they'd make transfers the main priority after 1.2 is released. I have about 8 characters that I refuse to play due to being on dead servers. I want to transfer them all to my main two servers before I play them more.

Transfers/Server merges.

Like many I've abandoned my first character on a terrible server and have rerolled.

The difference in experience is so massive, I guess server community/population matters in an mmo! Would would have thought? :p

Content and other main upgrades, of course.

Shifting everyone in BioWare's office over to server mergers will do nothing to reduce the amount of QQ on the forums, because the complaints will simply shift from "WHERE ARE SERVER MERGERS?" to "YOU FORCED ME TO CHANGE MY NAMES, YOU JERKS".

Shifting everyone in BioWare's office over to server transfers will do nothing to speed the delivery of said feature functionality, and will most likely end up simply injecting developers where they don't belong, outside their core competencies, and end up possibly screwing up the system and introducing more bugs into the transfer feature than would otherwise be present at the launch of that transfer function.

Let them do it the way they are doing it. There is no other way to proceed.