Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

Yep. Gardens of Talla here.

Free transfers/merges for the bottom 5 or 10 servers is really needed. I believe players are being lost every day on the lower pop servers. They deployed more servers for the Christmas rush very quickly, now they need to pivot just as fast in the opposite direction to maintain a consistent gaming environment.

I'm not re-rolling. It's taken me since Christmas to get one toon to 50 and one other is 29. Not starting from scratch again.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that Bioware/EA realise that a large number of SWTOR-subscribers are ex-WoW players...

You don't have to be a genious to realise if nothing is done about these low-pop.servers, come the new WoW-expansion release, SWTOR will lose a lot of subscribers...

Food for thought Bioware/EA...

:jawa_frown:

I just wish they would merge all low pop servers. I play on The Kumungah (or how u spell it) and its about 16-20 lvl 50s on primetime (if you are lucky) and the same on the fleet. Its no fun at all.

I work a lot and dont play that much so I dont want to spend 2 months to lvla a new character again.

BW would just gain popularity if they merged. I know a lot of ppl that quit because the server died and there is no merge or transfers.

If I could I would pay money to change server but I feel bad for those who will still be left and thus BW will lose them. I will probably quit too until they merge or you can transfer as I would rather just quit than lvl again tbh. Love the game but yeah, its sad it will have to end this way.

Edited by _Garog_

Im on Anturi Reach and an officer in the biggest guild on the Repub side (usually have anywhere from 8-12 people on a night on average, yeah we're the biggest) and unless server mergers or transfers happen really soon, we're calling it quits. The most people i've seen on the fleet is 20 and that was a saturday night and 12 of them was in my guild, 8 of us doing a HM operation.

Seriously BIOWARE/EA, you're going to kill alot subscriptions from the low pop servers if you dont do something FAST.

Edited by orangenkaiser

mayb its CHEAPER for BW to let all the people on low population servers to just QUIT/RESTART. i mean at most theyr gona loose like 1000people put together since on my server at any time its max 60people online inTOTAL.count all day and say some of those 60 stay on most of the day id say the total population of my server is about 140active players.5-10servers like this its not more than 2000players quitting (AND THEY HAVE 1,7MIL GUYS KMON)

for us 2000players,well too bad, they already made about 200000€from us, they could make another 200000€ but merging us (copy paste 1page data sheet to another server data base IS 2 EXPENSIVE

Edited by cheesebourger

It's bad pub to announce server transfers or mergers this early in the game. Bioware is gonna hold back as long as they can and will do anything within their power to get the subs up.

Free weekend passes, recruit a friend is a start.....

That would really entice me to pay to play, seeing majority of server having a light load despite saying standard. The new wave of players are already dissatisfied, go check out a 3rd party forum.

I am not playing at the moment because I want to switch back to an European server ( from US ) . Don't want to re-level the same class again, despite that it's the one I want to play. Now awaiting the transfer feature implementation. Willing to pay money for it.

If there is not server transfer's very soon. i am quitting for good. i am sick of playing on a dead server because bioware refuses to address this issue. sick of hearing about this 1.7mil subscriber bs. we can see that most server's are dead by actually playing the game.

Well said. Me too! I feel like I am playing a single player game on Elysium. I want to PvP mostly but it's always the same 10-15 geared-to-the-teeth republic players. Not QQing here. I am simply pointing out that PvP isn't fun when queue times are up to 2 hours some nights and when you finally get in one, one of two things happen:

1) it's the same geared out republic group which wipes the floor with you and your team resulting in a drawn out painful loss where half of your team leaves halfway through it cuz it's pointless and not fun to get blown up in 5 seconds

2) the match ends early because of a lack of players on one side right at the start. Seriously...why in the world did the match start in the first place if not enough players said they would join? If there aren't enough players at the start, the match should never begin IMO.

SWToR IS a great game, IF and ONLY IF there are more people to play with/against. It's a shame that Bioware hasn't implemented server transfers or mergers yet. You would think that would be their top priority considering most of their subscriptions will be canceled because of low population issues. WAKE UP BIOWARE!!!

I play Republic on Hex Droid (EU), last night there was only 3 people on our fleet, me and 2 friends. Our server is almost dead 90% of the time. We need the ability to transfer soon or, as much as I would like too, I just can not justify paying to play this game anymore.

Like most have said we need this. It is sad that BW/EA doesn't get it. It is an MMO Massive Mutli Player Online game, what we are currently playing is a LMO or if you prefer a LAME-O game what good is content if we cant group to partake of your hard work it seems Ignorant to let it continue this way.

I had a bunch of friends in my guild in the Blizz game that thought about trying the free trials last weekend and the next I advised all of my guild that it is a waist of time until there is a population base on the servers to try. My guild there is 800 strong thats a lot of subs that aren't coming this way any time soon. So my subscription being cancelled and my dissatisfaction stopped or warned at least 800 other people through our web site. I am not alone we are all doing this.

We are not just voicing our opinions here we are on face book we are gamers everywhere so the word is spreading like wild fire so keep throwing patches and content at nobody we will buy up Diablo3, Guild Wars 2 and Myst of Pandara and forget all about you and watch the game that could have over taken any of the 3 die becasue BW/EA refused to see the writing on the walls everywhere not just their own forums.

DO this your self google search population issues with swtor you get 22,400,000 results thats more post than Blizzard has people playing wow about this very subject just imagine if those were happy post saying come join us but alas they are not.

My server is dying. There was a point where everyone was hopefully getting bigger and we were getting a nice amount of players online. Then it ended. Right now we have 4 50s online in my guild, and our guild is largest guild for Imperial side for end game. The people who are online are all discussing rerolling servers, or just quitting because of how much of a hassle it would be. Transfers are something needed, especially for servers like ours (Colonel Tobin).

Clearly something needs to be done. Logging in during prime hours and watching the numbers in fleet dwindle day after day is disheartening. Our GTN is useless, our economy a shambles, finding groups is impossible and pvp queues are awful and when the queues do pop you have only 6 people on your team the whole game. Server merges or free transfers are the only thing that will fix this. 1.2 simply won't bring back enough people to solve the issues.

I'm playing on a dead server right now but I won't be for long. Paying a monthly subscription is fine by me but not when I'm effectively paying for a single-player game.

This fantastic, expansive game that Bioware have created is completely lifeless; 90% of the time I'm questing, I never see another player. I played for approximately 3 hours tonight on Hoth and I saw 1 other player, ffs. So forget grouping, even the chance to hook up with another random player in the same area (to take down a sub-boss, etc.) is practically impossible. I'm getting tired of accumulating a list of Heroic and Flashpoint missions that I just cannot get a group for. I've lost count of the number I've had to abandon due to them eventually "greying-out." I'm missing out on so much content (that I'm paying for) when my only option is to simply forge ahead with the solo quests. Tonight at 8.30pm there were 26 players on the Fleet. On Hoth, Taris and Quesh... under 20 in total. This is more or less typical whatever time or day I'm on.

As for the GTM, it's an absolute joke. Nothing worth buying and no one to sell to. Crafting is pointless.

Finally, (and I feel stupid for saying this,) I didn't know the other faction shared the same planets at the same time... Tonight I saw a jedi on Hoth. The first one I've seen. I'm level 39. It was such a rarity that I didn't even register him as an enemy; I saw his nametag when he was in a fight. I jumped in to help him and it was only when he challenged me to a duel after we'd killed the mob that I realised he was Republic. How bad is that? (I battered him, btw.)

However many subs Bioware say they have, (1.7 million?!?) this number is definitely not reflected in-game. Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game? You're having a laugh.

Bioware; merge servers/offer transfers soon or I will cancel my subscription and quit. Then you'll have only 1,699,999 subscribers left. (lol.)

If anyone wants a dose of reality to how bad the situation is for for some players , all they have to do is go a website that Bioware doesn't monitor to see the litany of complaints from people upset. Working a full time job and having a family and then being told by some college student that we have to spend 2-3 months of our time re-rolling to enjoy our gameplay is hilarious. MMORPGs have always been about end game activities, Bioware just made leveling less painful. Sorry I will not twittle my thumbs for months, I have better things to do with my time and so do many others. On the plus side when Bioware finally gets its act together they're be more content for me to enjoy :) Edited by Touchbass

Yeah I hear ya on that sentiment. I made a smuggler stupidly on a light EU server and finding groups to do ANY Heroics on is damn near impossible at any time or day\weekend etc....

Legacy makes it hard but I think Age of Conan ended up with this problem and they waited a year to do transfers and it bled the game to death. That bleeding also cost the old Lead Developer his job P.S Bioware. They ended up just adding a small invisible period to the end of dual names and was done with it. The new regime also ended up forcing server merges as well as it was 10x easier. First they locked the server for a week and merged the name databases, shut down for 2 days and bam suddenly a dead server had 6 times the people on it.

just make sure u all hit unsubscribe, they will ask you why: PUT THE TRANSFER ISSUE, leave it unsubbed for a week even if u have playtime they'll send you a mail asking you why, fill that also. then if you really have to , you can re-sub urself without loosing game time. (spam this on your server so that more people do it) if BW sees a mass load of unsubs in 1 week saying transfer they might react faster.

I don't understand why "legacy would be an issue" is even an issue. Its saved data on a computer. It does not exist in our space time continuum. Transfer it with everything else. My server population has dropped by 2/3 in the last month. Overall id say 75% of our server is gone. Seems like ostrich syndrome to me. Please pull your head out of the sand. 1.2 will be the total population pretty soon.

Being stuck on a server indefinitely will more likely make people leave their sub instead of starting off somewhere else. I know I am disappointed with some aspects of my server, I would rather be on a server that is more balanced, or playing with friends who are on other servers.

i feel the same way as lots of people here. this is a great game, i really enjoy my experiance, however i can never find people to do heroic group missions with, or flashpoints ect. at most theres like 14 people on a planet im lvling on at any given time, its rather sad =( ... its time to admit theres a problem, and merge some servers or something bioware, preeeeeze!

imo, server transfer is more important (to me) than fixing any of the current bugs. It really shouldn't be that hard, and since I'm in the same boat as many others (friends playing on many different servers at the start of the game, server I chose had the most friends stop playing) I'm tired of starting new characters.

I don't have the time to dedicate that much to leveling multiple characters. As it is, I already have 4 characters all on different servers at 30+ and on my latest one, my friends guild is just now falling off into playing sith instead of republic and I really don't see myself spending another 3 weeks to get yet another character just to the same point I'm already at.

My Server IS Really Really Dead. When i first started it was VERY POPULATED!, Now its just.. boring and empty. I honestly think they should merge some servers. Their expectations was to high, that's why they had all those servers made. Just merge them or make it so we can transfer to any one we want. At least give us 1 free transfer:D

Great thread. It's fairly obvious that server population decline is a global issue. Most servers are experiencing this which is common with most MMOs I've played in the past after a launch. I agree with many of the comments that it's virtually impossible to find groups for the Heroic and FP content (which in reality is some of the best gameplay experiences SWtoR has to offer). Simply making another character on another server and plowing through 50 levels is not an option with me.

This needs to be addressed very soon. With me personally, if I sense a decline in the fun factor of gameplay experience I'll go somewhere else. There's simply too many other products out there.