Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

It's bad pub to announce server transfers or mergers this early in the game. Bioware is gonna hold back as long as they can and will do anything within their power to get the subs up.

Free weekend passes, recruit a friend is a start.....

As a paying customer, I'm more likely to stick around if a product is improved sooner than later. And I can't imagine people trying it for free this weekend being greeted with lack of player base scrambling for their wallets to sub up.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merge, Merge & Merge. Opening up transfers will only complicate the issue. It will only make the problem worse on ghost servers plus what happens if you transfer to another server where others are transferring off. Once you stabilize the population then open up free transfers.

This issue should be paramount above all others. Even patch 1.2. The new stuff you are adding doesn't even matter if the population is so low that it causes people to stop logging in and eventually drop their subscription. New content isn't going to bring people roaring back if they know they are on a low population server. Neither is the send a friend a 7 day free pass. A 30 day free pass would have been a better choice.

I don't imagine anyone with any real executive power are reading these forums but they better be reading reports, spreadsheets, and graphs to see the population problem. Every day you wait the problem gets worse. A few execs need to swallow some of that release expectation pride, merge, take the PR hit and move on. The subscriptions you currently have will be the better and some may just stay because it opens up more content they can experience. Bioware has a good game so it is a shame that a lot of content is being un-played because you just can't find enough people to form a group.

For the love of the god I hope that BW will open free transfers soon just like Trion did with Rift so that existing players can move to the already decently populated servers and create healthy realms there.

There is no point of having so many realms , atm we got like to many servers open in EU for the actual number of the players on them and I'm tired to log on my server to see max 30 ppl at republic fleet during peak hours even on weekend days.

If BW will not do this a lot of guilds on low populated servers will extinct because some players will get bored and quit the game and on those servers will just not be enough of new players to recruit from to cover those which left or are inactive which will lead in the end to the situation where a lot of the current players which already invested significiant ammount of time into their chars will quit the game in desperation and move to the other incoming MMOS because not many players like to start from the scratch when they already have developed their main characters.

Edited by Lunablade

Amazing how all these people are claiming their server populations are so low. Probably all on the same sever I bet (sarcasm). After all, BW just reported 1.7 million subscriptions.

I hope the server populations get addressed and I hope the 1.7 million subs fib gets addresses. No way possible. With 100 servers that's an average of 17,000 people per server. I'll bet the farm there isnt a sever out there close to 17k on it. I know I know, PC gamer confirmed this. I mean...PC Gamer is a reputable audit company that I'm sure BW disclosed all their books to look at (more sarcasm). There were numerous sudits on Enron to if I remember correctly.

Someone's trying to squeeze shareholders for a little more.

Sorry BW, I actually like the game, but I hate when companies think people are stupid. There is a real problem here. I know I've rolled on many different servers just to see populations. They're all relatively the same. 65-120 fleet on average, 10-25 on planets, etc. There is no reason free transfers shouldn't be allowed...other to appease shareholders.

It is a shame that server transfers aren't available yet.

I am on the jekk jekk tarr server, and it was the unofficial oceanic server on launch. Well now that the oceanic servers are up it is a ghost town. My playtimes are that of aus times, but because I don't live in aus I am not eligible for a free server transfer. So that means I will be stuck on a server that will have no one on it during my peak playtimes. If this is so, there is no reason to keep my account active. The reason I play mmo's is to play with other people. But as of right now I can't do that. Transfers should be standard in games like these. This thread is evidence of that. People like me will cancel subs until this is sorted out, because this games sub is really a waste of money currently.

Edited by psYkeHoe

If there are transfers, and I hope to all things holy that BW will incorporate transfers, PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO TRANSFER FULL LEGACY!

I don't care about leveling up another 50 on a different server....its the level 30 LEGACY i care about losing.

I understand not wanting to lose 30 Legacy Levels. That is an incredible feet in itself!

This is what I got on the Legacy Transfers from watching "The Republic 81: Guild Summit" Podcast. If you go to this link:

http://blip.tv/the-republic-the-swtor-podcast-video-edition/the-republic-81-guild-summit-6004784

Go to 28:13 on the timeline, they start discussing the Legacy transfers as spoken about at the Guild Summit.

What they say is that if you have a Legacy on the server you're transferring another Legacy too, then the Higher Legacy will take over on that server. So if you are transferring a Legacy lvl 6 to a server where you have a legacy lvl 12 then you will lose all the Legacy Lvl 6 advancement and the Legacy Lvl 12 will be your Legacy on that server.

So the answer to this is: "Do not transfer a character with Legacy to a server where you already have another character with Legacy!"

BUT... I still don't see how the Legacy system takes Precedence over Server Transfers and/or Mergers to fix the current Population issue.

Legacy isn't the problem! SEVER POPULATION is the problem! Fix This First! Again as I said in a previous post and many others have as well, Legacy at this point is a Non-issue! It's not even implemented other than gaining legacy levels. So to this point it doesn't affect the game or game play at all! Whereas, Server Population DOES affect the game and game play VERY drastically, directly and Negatively!

Whether it be with Server Mergers or Character Transfers... Just get the Server pops up so we can again start playing the content as intended!

Greetings & Salutations,

I won't bore you with the details, simply this, our TSPG-guild grew stronger & stronger from day #1, but now we are not losing members, we're losing people who would actually rather start all over again from level 1 on a high/standard populated server then play their lvl 50 on The Kumumgah-server...

So...

As a member of the TSPG-guild on The Kumumgah EU server (150+ members strong), i would like to put in a formal request to Bioware/EA for either a free transfer off this dying server or maybe a server-merge with another low populated server...

I thank you for your consideration & i hope to thank you in the near future, for resolving our problem & for making the SWTOR-experience for the people on The Kumumgah a better one...

Regards,

Greyfoxx.

OK, this is a point that frustrates me to no end!

I don't even care about FREE transfers. I would pay $10 per character to transfer my toons and another $10 to transfer my legacy. I would choose another name if mine was taken as long as my legacy level remained the same. Maybe even have a package deal to transfer my entire legacy with all toons from one server to another. I think that would be worth $50. It would be better than having to do what I am doing now. Starting from scratch on a high pop server. Running the same classes and professions that I already did once. That sucks way more than having to choose a new name for my legacy or toons cause they are already taken on the new server.

Think about it.

Well, I for one do care about FREE transfers!

Transfers should be free!

Why pay for Character transfers and spend more of your hard earned money in order to get game play where it should be in the first place?

I'll quote my previous post:

I feel Transfers should be free!

Why charge players for something that is beyond our (the players) control. Let's ask this question: "Why are Server Populations down?"

Server populations are down due to the way the game has been handled. This whole debacle comes from the way BW or EA (whichever one is responsible) has been handling it's CS and updates.

1) Customer Service... leaves a lot to be desired and is practically non-existent.

2) The updates, have not been addressing the issues that are top priority to the players.

So, in response players stop playing! Now, they're going to CHARGE us for transfers, in an attempt to bring the game up to where it should be? Think about this... Is your server pop low because of you?

No, I don't think so. So why pay for something that should be inherent in this type of game from the get go? You're willing to fork over more money (on top of your monthly $15 Sub) just to get more people to run with, when that is the entire purpose of an MMO in the first place? MMO's are meant to be "Social" games. BW is well aware of this, as they stated in one of their first interviews, that the social aspects of this game were going to make it one of the best games out there. Um... guys..... Where did this aspect go?

IMHO I feel Server mergers should be first and foremost on the list of priorities, in an attempt to fix this population issue. Then, FREE TRANSFERS, for those that still want them. People just don't want to continue paying good, hard-earned money for a product that doesn't live up to it's claims or expectations!

Another company did it right. Free transfers; but you have to stay on your new server for 7 days before you can transfer again. This gives the players time to find out how the server works for them and relieves the Dev team from the same character transfering every hour. It works well for them and their players.

Come on people, I know we all want this fixed, but to just say "I'll pay you more money if you fix it so it works the way it should." is like asking a mugger "Can you shoot me again so I'll give you the rest of the money I have?".

Transfers should be free!

Let's not forget that company's like Bioware, Blizzard, etc are in it to make a buck... so they do get shivers when the word "free" is dropped, BUT...

So i'm thinkin' ALL transfers being free would be a serious NO-NO... (Gold... i mean Credit-sellers would love this btw) Under certain circumstances i do feel that "free" transfers are in order... Nobody enjoy's playing on a low-pop. server...

No-doubt the SWTOR-populations will grow inda near future & i do understand Bioware has an obligation to make the game as attractive as possible to attract those new subscribers... BUT, they also have an obligation to the ppl allready playing/paying...

^^

pay/free....i really dont mind.

I just want to get my char with all the hard earned stuff onto my new home server...when i first rolled, the server looked good, and i was still learning my way...got tired of stuggling to find groups and so on and moved to a high pop server, and not looked back since. playing six chars with a healthy legacy up and running.

but want my powertech back in play, and not gathering dust on old server...and no, i dont want to play him any further and risk potential legacy clash issues.

patches updates bug fixes... we dont care about those, what we do want, is to play on servers with other living people on. IMO CANCEL PATCH1.2, STOP UPDATING THE GAME,

AND GIVE US OUR TRANSFERS ASAP AND BEFORE EVRYTHING ELSE! PATCH1.2 DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING WHEN THERE IS NO1 to play it with thanks .

I've posted this like 100 times in the past few months. But I am unsubbed, my server is dead, and I want to re-sub but cant find the drive to do so on my dead server. Legacy system makes it even less appealing. Re-sub to play with all my nice legacy stuff on a dead server, or reroll to a new server and lose all my legacy and other work.

I want to play this game, I want to enjoy it. But when your server is so dead you can't pvp or raid even at lower levels its hard. I basically at this point am paying just to level alts and nothing more. GTN is virtually dead. I'll pay money to transfer my characters, I have some servers with names saved so I can do this. I don't want to pay a monthly fee to level all 8 slots to 50, just to have nothing to do or to become invested in them just to lose all my legacy points or names due to a server change a year down the line.

This is something that should be looked at soon. There are 4+ topics about it on general discussion alone not including suggestion and other places.

I've posted this like 100 times in the past few months. But I am unsubbed, my server is dead, and I want to re-sub but cant find the drive to do so on my dead server. Legacy system makes it even less appealing. Re-sub to play with all my nice legacy stuff on a dead server, or reroll to a new server and lose all my legacy and other work.

I want to play this game, I want to enjoy it. But when your server is so dead you can't pvp or raid even at lower levels its hard. I basically at this point am paying just to level alts and nothing more. GTN is virtually dead. I'll pay money to transfer my characters, I have some servers with names saved so I can do this. I don't want to pay a monthly fee to level all 8 slots to 50, just to have nothing to do or to become invested in them just to lose all my legacy points or names due to a server change a year down the line.

This is something that should be looked at soon. There are 4+ topics about it on general discussion alone not including suggestion and other places.

This. Same situation, i recently subbed back to the game to find my server completely dead. 20+m ques for pvp, impossible get any groups for FP's, whats the point honestly. This issue needs to be addressed NOW.

I need a server with more night time activity, i'm not paying (by Blizzards prices) 25 bucks x 4 = 100 dollars to enjoy the game. Fell for that once before in WoW and not doing it again with this much competition in the market. Not paying to play the game the way it's suppose to be played, screw that :D

Free or not in my opinion is really needed.

i have a 36 legacy on a dead server , already started a 24 legacy on a high pop server and would like to bring all my pref classes (the main .. i rerolled just that + alts i didnt really like in the first place) to the server where my new main is.

I dont care about the legacy discrepancy, whatever guys , just let me have all my 8 characters on the same server.. i dont know what to do.

I rerolled 1 month ago my main.. i 'm waiting just for an answer, even a clear "NOT UNTIL SEMPTEMBER" or whatever , to know if i should reroll also my remainin (but preferred) alt-characters or just reroll them too... like rerolling my main 2 times was very fun.

An answer different from "we are working on it stay tuned" would help a great deal.

I had to re-roll on a US server. The EU one I was on was a ghost town most of the time, finding anyone to quest with was a chore and got so bad, every heroic quest I was given I had to abandon right away as I knew I would never get a group.

If they allow transfers, charge for them. All the ************ about them being free, guess what? You will pay for it, because it's worked for Blizzard and it will work for Bioware. Don't want to pay? Goodbye.

People will pay for anything for convenience and for something unique. The WoW mounts at £15 a pop are awful, but I bought one. Transfers, race changes, name changes. It is a few keystrokes for Blizzard but they make a fortune so why stop Bioware making some money back?

I think about 10 to 15 servers should be merged or people given the option to transfer and all of those have a set Legacy if thats the problem,,say Legacy 15 i know some people will lose Legacy lvls and others may gain but it gives those who transfer or merge something rather than starting at zero..

FYI i am on a high pop server im just offering a reasonable solution for all involved.

EAWare has to add in Free Transfers like they have to Re-Write the ME3 ending.

All other things are useless. Without that re-write, ME will be remembered as nothing but a series with one of the worst endings in history.

And without Free Transfers, SWTOR will simply fail. To many servers struggling, to many people feeling trapped. Re-Rolling not an option, etc.

Now we wait and see if EAWare does what needs to be done.