Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

I'm also having the dead server problem :( I can't enjoy the game at all just because there are no people to group with and I hate to have those two lvl 50 characters just sitting ducks there.

I made a new character in one active server but I seriously want my old characters moved there. I hope they will make character transfers possible as soon as possible and I'm even willing to pay for that service.

I don't really know what to do now, I feel so empty leveling a fresh char in a new server too. Once in a while I try to log on my old characters but then I see the fleet having 11 people on... And then I'm like logging off.

Edited by PalawaJoko

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've heard lots of whining and QQ'ing from people about stuff that is not really such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.....

this, however is not one of them.

BW...EA....I sincerely hope you are paying attention to this problem, because IT IS A GAME BREAKER!

you have a product with high potential here, but if you choose to ignore or procrastinate with an EXTREMELY important, basic, fundamental mechanic like server pop.... It will end up failing hard! And that would be a cryin shame.

your not the only game out there, you need to step it up with the elementry stuff if you're gonna compete.

dead servers is what happened to warhammer, another good but failed mmo that didnt address the server pop issue adequately.

I play mainly on Vornskr. According to statistics gathered in game, we used to be in the top 30% of servers for population. I've played here since pre-launch, and over the months, I've seen a fairly steep population drop, to the point that it takes longer and longer for warzone queues to start popping, and to the point people are complaining in fleet how hard it now is to get a hardmode started, let alone an ops.

BW may have 1.7 subs for this game now, but while these subs may be active, the people owning them apparently are NOT playing.

Continue to start threads about this problem. I know they delete them asap, but maybe after deleteing literally thousands of the same thread, they may get a clue.

BTW EA how is your one remaining NA server doing in Warhammer. What a shame, they are letting the same thing occur here.

should have saw all these problems coming with a game that has something to do with EA, they dont give a **** about there player base on any game. they may not want to merge servers because how it might look. yeah i guess just ignoring all the problems and letting the game die is such a better solution

should have saw all these problems coming with a game that has something to do with EA, they dont give a **** about there player base on any game. they may not want to merge servers because how it might look. yeah i guess just ignoring all the problems and letting the game die is such a better solution

Most gamers hate EA and it's for ths reason, they are too stupid to see the writing on the wall...

Submit in game tickets requesting them to ADD PLAYERS TO YOUR SERVER. I do.

And no I'm not rerolling, the quest are all the same...

I will pay £100 right now for my Sith Warrior to be moved to a different server.

The sheer amount of money BW and EA would get from enabling paid Trasnfers at this point would be monumental charge us £10-15 people WILL pay it to get onto a server that actually has a population you can get a group together on, I would also say that just before transfers are enabled publish a list of server populations so people can avoid moving to another dead server. Full, Heavy, Standard and Light are helpful but there seems to be quite a variation in population between just standard servers, we will need to know which standard servers have the highest and lowest poplutions.

Give us server transfers its your only hope.

(also if we all are playing on servers you can actually get a group together on we wont have time to sit on here complaining about all the other pointless crap we notice while running about doing bugger all because we cant get a group!)

Nothing more to add than have been written already but the more we ask the more seriously they'll take us so here's my 2 cents..

I joined a server, grinded my Bounty Hunter up to 37 now... everything was ok... or I thought it was... until I creat an alt on another server that my friend picked.

There's no point comparing... I did from 1 to 15 on the second server with so many people.. everyone was willing to help, heroics, FP... people are much nicer, active... I never saw more than 20 people on the same planet at the same time... but on the second server... was never less then 35. Made all the difference.... but now I miss my bounty hunter and I wish I could transfer it.

I'd suggest to offer the first switch free, so people can work out their on solution for having Bioware set so many servers and thin the community...

After that... a small fee to stop people to abuse the switch and put strain on the servers.

Please make this happen.

We want to know how much time after the Asia/Pacific thing will we be able to transfer (i still dont get why we need to be delayed in the first place... but i really hope we are not talking about months ... but days/weeks).

We want to know if it will be free and if it will have a cooldown, how long will it be indicatively so we can a bit start to plan what to damn do with all our characters.

The last 2 questions and an indicative answer on the first dont require a specific date or an explanation of "how difficult" for them is to code some character copy...

Is not that we hate the game or anything.. we have character/characters locked away waiting for somethin.

1-How much time will other players (not Asia) will have to wait? Months? Weeks? Why the delay ?

2- Will it be free?

3- Will it have a cooldown?

Just sit around a table , decide and let us know asap ?

Edited by Sbolla

IT REALLY SUCKS to have level'd 2 lvl 50 characters and geared them rakata through tons of raids to have to start over on another server cause my current is dead and a merge or transfers will probably take the time it would take me to lvl another 2 characters and gear them on a reasonably populated server......... specially now with the update coming those that picked the wrong server to start on suffer badly as they are forced to start on a better populated server and lose all the work they've done. i love the game to much to quite but feel like punching my screen every time i think of my other characters on the dead server while starting completely fresh on a better server. its pathetic to say the least, i'm paying to play a mmo and recieve updates and new content, cool the new content is on its way but im not playing an mmo on my current server so my paying every month is a complete waste and i'm forced to move so that i can play the "mmo" part as well as the update. i'd like to think i'll be playing this for a good long time so that brings me to another problem...... if i carry on with lvling a new character on a populated server and Bioware decide to go for server MERGES and not transfers..... and merge my old server with a different one to that which im starting FRESH on then i'm screwed again, who wants to switch between servers to play all there characters............ legacy system all screwed, taking different crafts screwed.... guild screwed.... cross faction auction screwd..... and then if bioware does chose to go with transfers and i cant transfer my character to the server im starting fresh on cause its to full (cause everyone's doing the same thing)............ is it not logical to notice that this is happening and do something about it. I CANNOT wait for a merge and WILL NOT carry on playing on a dead server!!!! come on guys... i'm pretty sure this is happening to thousands of players!

The dead server issue is really bothersome, I picked a standard pop server when I started and waited for a few weeks after launch, because I HATE queues I kept and eye on server populations and used Google to figure what what servers to pick from. My server has been dying a slow death less people on there then when I started people are jumping ship to more fun and populated servers. My old guild of 82 people all jumped to a different server. I don't know if I can make the wait for May/June at the earliest!

I don't have the patience to do this as I don't have 100's of free hours to play the game and look at this as an investment of my time. EA/Bioware need to get their act together and allow the server transfers, small fee or not, to allow those of us with characters on dead servers to actually have some fun and the ability to group. I have done one FP! I do almost all the 2 heroics myself at the end of a planet and some 4+. How does this fit the game description of the game? As others have said transfers first then Legacy, hard to have Legacy if we have characters on different servers! Is this what EA/Bioware wanted for its customers, I am talking to you EA/Bioware employee!

For those of us on the dead servers I like the idea posted above send in a ticket about dead server and population/grouping problems every day. Somebody at some point will take notice :mad:

I think I will have to re roll, my server population is too low, only 80 at the fleet, They are going to need to have less servers I think because there are so many that player are spread out severely, the game has amazing potential but bioware needs to get more out, and quick, and hopefully the players that left should start up again for it.

Most gamers hate EA and it's for ths reason, they are too stupid to see the writing on the wall...

So if most gamers hate EA, why did 2+ million gamers buy SWTOR? Seems odd to support your hatred with your hard-earned dollars.

Edited by Kthx

So if most gamers hate EA, why did 2+ million gamers buy SWTOR? Seems odd to support your hatred with your hard-earned dollars.

Because sometimes companies with repeated failures in the past, and questionable motivations, release games that people want to play - I really like bioware and what they did with this game, I don't like EA, but I had to give it a shot.

S'zindara here, GM of the largest Empire guild on the Rwookworro server, Mortalitatem Tuam Memento. I am requesting you please merge this server. Like it has been stated numerous times above their is rarely more than 25-50 people on the imperial fleet. As a GM I hear numerous complaints about players not being able to find groups for flashpoints, pvp, and even open world quests. I have seen numerous people on my server and my guild stop playing this game soley on the grounds that the server is dead. The GTN is always barren and like the repub said before me they are non existent.

PLEASE merge us with a standard size server. Legacy sounds great as well as the rest of 1.2 but if you don't have anyone to play with whats the point.

Thank You. Still think the game is great.