Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

There is a mixture of issues here. Firstly, being stuck on an empty server is absolutely miserable. As mentioned, trying to get a group together for a heroic is impossible. I've spent 2 hours on the fleet with me as tank and a healer with me, begging people to join our flashpoint for maelstrom and not a single response. Which brings me to my next issue. Ease the pain by implementing a grouping system.

At the moment, I picked a busy US server to live on for a while and although the fleet can peak at 130 people, lets me honest, most people are idiots. You have people spamming chat with drivel, quoting memes etc and of course you have others doing crew skills and such. Meaning that out of the 130 people, 2 are interested in joining your group.

Far short of offering credits as a bribe, I can't get people to join a group.

Which now brings me on to my final issue of the day. You know what guys? Its not worth it either. During a 2 hour Taral V session, with a stupid tank, I was rewarded with 4k xp. Which as you can imagine is NOTHING. When I can make 20k doing my space dailies and take a fraction of the time.

Bioware, if your going to make us wait for hours to get a group, then play through a long flashpoint, can the rewards at least be worth it? I've had better rewards doing single quests on Hoth.

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just been recently thinking that if they managed to handle transfers for australian players that they are than able to do it for EU and US players to.

Legacy shouldnt be obstacle for transfers.

Edited by Lunablade

Too little, too late.

More and more I'm falling into this boat. I enjoy the game and I like my guild, but my server is dead. Even the Empire side is dying. Finding groups is impossible. The GTN is empty, there is no in game economy (no idea how they could fail to implement a decent in game economy). PvP is pointless. If you're not Battlemaster already all you run into are Empire War Hero groups farming the lesser geared Republic players who leveled to 50 more slowly and couldn't farm Ilum all day long.

BW's failure to even address population or server transfers/consolidation is pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. I won't play a game where the Developers are so out of touch with what is happening in game.

I just been recently thinking that if they managed to handle transfers for australian players that they are than able to do it for EU and US players to.

Legacy shouldnt be obstacle for transfers.

The big Aussie transfer coming IS the beta test for the methodology. Once they have it working for that, it can be rolled out to everyone. <insert light bulb here>

Yeah something needs to happen sooner rather than later.

IMO Besides a tired theme being tired, Rift was a little late on this and it hurt them badly. I really think the developers need to get out in front of this.

Like if 1.2 wasnt already on the PTR I'd say totaly shelf it to fix this server population issue. What good is server specific legacy stuff we earned if we need to reroll to a different server if we want to see the flashpoints before level cap?

And this is all from a SWTOR "Kool-Aid drinker" or "Care Bear" or whatevs so I'm def not just hating.

Hell. I'm inviting people to try the game and telling them to not roll on my server which is kind of ridiculous. Maybe instead of replacing players with potential subscribers from free trials we should be retaining current subscribers.

As far as how to merge or funnel people is beyond me. But if the servers can physically handle it, IMO with all the instancing in this game any potental negative impact from an "over-population" problem due to merging would be minimal at best. And the "Benefits" may significantly outweigh the potential "Costs".

At this point I'll volunteer to be moved anywhere if it helps...

JUST so the game people know.. I JUST quit the game, SERVER IS DEAD just logged off from the republic fleet at 5:30PM and there is 9 people online. Its dead, I cant talk to anyone, find groups, or even get in a guild at all. This game will not succeed if you do not make server transfers available. I don't want to re-roll, or make a different class or level up the same exact char. MAKE IT HAPPEN or more like me will un sub and you will lose money rapidly. Servers like mine are dead... not in the process of dying but dead, FIX IT or your done. This pissed me off, I pay money, its not hard, do it. Cho-Mai is my server if you want to see for yourself, it used to be heavy in the beg and now look, this blows and im done.. im out, Tera online beta alone blows this way the heck outta the water anyways, SWTOR is dead to me now because of no transfers. And i dont even care if transfers are free or not I will pay. Edited by Kushmachine

JUST so the game people know.. I JUST quit the game, SERVER IS DEAD just logged off from the republic fleet at 5:30PM and there is 9 people online. Its dead, I cant talk to anyone, find groups, or even get in a guild at all. This game will not succeed if you do not make server transfers available. I don't want to re-roll, or make a different class or level up the same exact char. MAKE IT HAPPEN or more like me will un sub and you will lose money rapidly. Servers like mine are dead... not in the process of dying but dead, FIX IT or your done. This pissed me off, I pay money, its not hard, do it. Cho-Mai is my server if you want to see for yourself, it used to be heavy in the beg and now look, this blows and im done.. im out, Tera online beta alone blows this way the heck outta the water anyways, SWTOR is dead to me now because of no transfers. And i dont even care if transfers are free or not I will pay.

I'm sure we will all sleep better tonight knowing this. :p

Seems they haven't got enough people to quit because of lack of transfers. When people get fed up enough to start unsubscribing then they will allow it. They aren't losing enough money yet to make it a priority. Seems they haven't even considered it yet. Would be nice to at least hear from the developers on this issue. Throwing glitter on the game is not going to solve the problem that there aren't enough people playing to enjoy the glam and glitter. I personally would rather have a wait time to log in then wait all day to find a group or people to play with. I'm sure no one here would have purchased a MMO if they wanted to play a game by themselves.

they dont care ,u bought this game so they say ****, they only care about new idiots that buy the game and subscribe, thats why so many patches for free weekend, ea idiots are only good in making trailers from they ****** games that looks cool, swtor beta was cool retail sux, bf3 beta was cool retail sux and now after patches bf is biggest unbalanced ****, they make the same with swtor, they need 8 years old subs that love graphic not ppl that like sw and want to play this. swtor =apb

they dont care ,u bought this game so they say ****, they only care about new idiots that buy the game and subscribe, thats why so many patches for free weekend, ea idiots are only good in making trailers from they ****** games that looks cool, swtor beta was cool retail sux, bf3 beta was cool retail sux and now after patches bf is biggest unbalanced ****, they make the same with swtor, they need 8 years old subs that love graphic not ppl that like sw and want to play this. swtor =apb

this, you are so right imo

Yes. Yes. Yes.

When I got into early access, I'd imagined more players would eventually be coming, so I chose a basic west coast PVE server, with standard population. But I think they opened more servers than necessary, by anticipating a greater playerbase.

Unfortunately, my server rarely leaves light status now. Fleet caps at like, 30-50 people at peak hours, and I never, ever had a group for heroics, FPs (Aside from Black Talon/Esseles) and warzone queues were ridiculously long -- so I missed out on a lot of content. As a former raid member and instance enthusiast, this isn't good.

I have a level 50 and level 40 (in addition to a few 20-30s), both of whom were often the only ones on the planets beyond Alderaan. Which makes looking for groups obviously impossible. I finally quit playing for a month out of boredom, and the fact that I'm not interested in single player gaming, until I worked up the desire to re-roll all over again.

It's an MMO. Where is the Massive? Bioware makes such a fuss over community, yet I don't have one.

I rerolled on two other servers to find the same problem. So I finally hit a HEAVY/FULL server, and while I am enjoying my new character, not to mention able to experience all of the CONTENT, in addition to finally having a proper community of players I always seem to bump into -- I want my old ones here too. I won't reroll them either, it'd be painful to have to go through the Imperial (first 5) planets for the 6th time. As well as the republic planets for the third.

The fact that they're transferring AUS/Oceanic characters in the next month or so means that transfers are, indeed, going to be functional code-wise; and after the guild summit and the dev commentary on how legacy will transfer, etc... I know it's coming. I just really hope they don't delay on opening this to everyone. I want to play my game.

I've heard it's possible for April/May. I don't care about paying for it - god knows how many times I've transferred in "The game that must not be named"; considering the manpower going into making this happen, I wouldn't expect it to be free. Moreover, the benefit of discouraging frequent/frivolous transfers, and frequently unstable populations. Not to mention with EA's backing, I find it hard for anything to be free.

I imagine, much like in other major mmos, a free transfer will be offered to full servers, to their choice of languishing servers. However to go where you want, you'd likely have to pay.

Here's the thing ... if the problem with getting xfers working IS Legacy ...

Doesn't it make sense to get xfers working NOW before you make Legacy MATTER?

I'm about to be Legacy 8. I know people ending their Legacy 9. We ... don't ... care about it right now. But we're going to as of 1.2.

I'm actively leveling alts RIGHT NOW, which means fairly soon I won't be ... which means if we really do have to zero out Legacy, it should be -before- Legacy gets really active and does make a difference to us so we can get it back up without truly pointless grinding.

If this is about the toon name or Legacy last name possibly colliding on the new server, let me say it here: I don't care. I'll find a new name if it means I get to move to the server I -want- to be on.

They've addressed this issue, notedly at the guild summit - especially with the aussie server transfers coming up - the higher of your two legacies, if you have one started on your chosen server, will be accepted. I.E. when server transfers open, I'm moving my 50 inq and smuggler to my new, bustling server. They have a legacy level of 12. I've created a new character on my desired server who has reached 50, with some alts - and my legacy level is at 8. When I transfer, if I don't gain any additional levels, my old legacy levels will supercede the lower legacy. If the legacy name is taken, I'll be prompted to choose another, much like with my player names. (I've reserved the names in advance with placeholder characters...)

Edited by Nicolettexiv

Anyway, I have asked this on twitter as well but I am curious if anyone knows if they plan to allow some free server transfers from some of the full servers to the newer, lower pop ones. I for one (and I am sure others have this issue) ran into the problem of making a character on one of the "Unofficial Oceanic Servers" and have over an hour que last night. I am not QQing, I have launched many MMO's and ques are to be expected. My concern isnt ques right now, but post launch. I think it would be a great thing to allow these transfers from full servers to low/standard pop to allow less ques and more evenly distributed players.

I never will understand people like you. I am sure you were one of the many that screamed "OPEN MORE SERVERS," because you did not want to wait patiently in a queue like the rest of us. Well Bioware caved into your whines and opened more servers. Now you are crying "MERGE MORE SERVERS," or "GIVE ME A FREE TRANSFER!"

Ridiculous. Do the community and the hard working individuals over at Bioware/EA a favor and simply re-roll. Its not like it takes more than 2 weeks to level to 50 with casual play.

I for one did not beg plead or whine about servers at launch,

I with my freinds switched server... Twice, to find a reasonable queue time and population.

My server is Uther Wynn it is "Dead" no ifs no buts .. dead

I love the game, I've been away from WoW for well over a year and have no intention of returning.

But also I will not be able to continue logging on to a server day after day when it is completley bereft of players,

I dont intend to and will not re-roll after 50 lvls and achieving 60 valor.

Just allow server transfers, or merge us its all we ask, people are not going to flood back after an update, the dead servers are dead for good,

We supported you Bioware please do the same for us.

Edited by ionstar

I play on the server "the Kumungah". This server is as death as a rat... :(

No fun being with 2 people or alone on a planet and have like 10 - 15 people on the Imperial fleet. (during the weekend)

I do love this game, i still realy want to play it in the future if transfers will be possible. But as the way it goes now, it is way to boring. I will not rebuild all the characters i have, that would be even more boring and imo a bit silly...

So i friendly ask: when does a server transfer will be available?

Greetz

Sus

Edited by SusAntigoon

Greetings, all!

The last version of this thread went past the 1,000 post mark and was restarted. You can find the original discussion here. Please keep the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Rules of Conduct in mind when sharing your thoughts.

Thank you, and enjoy your discussion!

How about an answer... rather than continuing on the speculation???

Considering how it is literally impossible, regardless of what spec you are (i have a 50 tank, healer, and dps), to find a group for even heroic modes on my server.. Server transfers are the only thing that would keep me from unsubscribing..

30 people on the imperial fleet and 15 people on the republic fleet at peak hours, even on the weekends, is not a community.. I'd reroll on a different server, but im not going to waste even more of my life getting what I already have again.. server transfers aren't that big of a request and it can only have positive effects

Really hope Bioware picks up their rears soon..

Free transfer, paid transfer. I dont care, just give me the option to get out of the crappy dead server.

Wouldnt want to unsub since i really like the game when i can play it but there isnt much point paying money so one can idle at fleet and pray for a wz que once every 2 hours.

Free transfer, paid transfer. I dont care, just give me the option to get out of the crappy dead server.

Wouldnt want to unsub since i really like the game when i can play it but there isnt much point paying money so one can idle at fleet and pray for a wz que once every 2 hours.

This must happen let us have tranfers Bioware , lets players choose servers where they want to play considering server populations and dont keep us locked on the dead servers.

All modern day MMOS have transfer option so I dont see why TOR still doesent have that.

Edited by Lunablade

My sentiments exactly.

I've heard it's going to happen in May/June.. but I'd like a definitive answer on an ETA.. even if they give themselves an estimate of twice the amount of time they think it might take.. just to know how long I'm waiting.

Frankly, this is a major game issue, those of us with 50s on dead server... it makes the game less enjoyable, reduces the amount of content one is able to experience and lacks community - something they're adamant on protecting. Then you have to abandon all of your effort and time and work to re-roll, just to experience a large part of the game.

I quit playing for a month and a half, because I literally had nothing to do other than level alts, and never saw heroics, FPs or Ops.. and Warzone queues were ridiculously long. It wasn't until I had been away from the game, A game that I WANT to play - with other people, that I worked up the interest in re-rolling.

And now I'm having a fantastic time; I've run nearly every heroic, every Flashpoint multiple times, I can do my Dailies, AND I'm running Ops. I can PuG for Ops. That's unheard of on my old server. Not to mention, for the first time, I have a sense of community on my new server.

Edited by Nicolettexiv

With the amount of people complaining about the Dead server problem, you would think that BW would take note and take this problem seriously, but no, they just ignore bad comments, and they still sit there and think that problem will solve them self, hahahaha...

I have posted on almost all Server merge topics, and i still don't see anything changed.

BW please do something about this issue, this is listed as a MMORPG, so please deliver on your promise.