Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

I'm hoping for transfers just because I have characters scattered on several servers thanks to friends rolling here and there (and then quitting).

For the population issue, I do hope they make transfers a priority or light servers will literally die. :/

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing ... if the problem with getting xfers working IS Legacy ...

Doesn't it make sense to get xfers working NOW before you make Legacy MATTER?

I'm about to be Legacy 8. I know people ending their Legacy 9. We ... don't ... care about it right now. But we're going to as of 1.2.

I'm actively leveling alts RIGHT NOW, which means fairly soon I won't be ... which means if we really do have to zero out Legacy, it should be -before- Legacy gets really active and does make a difference to us so we can get it back up without truly pointless grinding.

If this is about the toon name or Legacy last name possibly colliding on the new server, let me say it here: I don't care. I'll find a new name if it means I get to move to the server I -want- to be on.

I know I'm happy that the game is out and that BioWare continues to add more content and utilities to the game. Nice to use that time to level up a toon or two.

However... I agree with many posters. What's more important to me? Being able to move a character to a server where friends are or being able to unlock items that really don't make the game anymore enjoyable? Guess that depends on the friends... But I would be willing to pay a "small" fee (please don't make it free because folks would be moving all over all the time - it's just not practical for the devs or for a server community).

What I would like to see first and foremost right now added to the game (and hoping one per patch would be nice):

1.) Add Operation/FlashPoint Finder

2.) Dual Spec option

3.) Server Transfer

4.) Guild Bank

I believe 1, 3, and 4 would help the game feel more MMO than solo RPG as well, which would be a welcomed improvement. If I want real RPG, I'll play another game with better graphics and no lag.

Also, I actually like not having dps meters because I find myself and other players working better as a team and actually using CrowdControl (cc) and not having to worry about stats and just enjoying gameplay.

if they enable free transfers to low pop servers, i hope the paid transfers come at the same time...and that SOON

like many people on low pop servers, i have no reason to login anymore really. there is only so much daily and pvp you want to do.

because much more isn't happening on those servers.

i now joined a gaming community, who happens to be on another server.

server is fuller, nice guys, all just fine. ... if it weren't for my 3 50s rotting on some dead server.

i want them transferred of course, i'll pay,no problem but make it happen please.

because i have no intentions to let my chars just rot there; call me old school but i'm attached to them for different reasons; invested time and money being one of them.

and i wont do it again.

ok,rant is over,time for shopping :)

as referring to my prior post, i know the next sentence probably counts only for me, but right now i couldn't care less about legacy, aka no problems even if they adapt it to the target server...which would mean my legacy lvl of 30something becomes 2..again,i don't care.

just want to get off that dead rock to play with my friends.

TBH I'm skeptical of the 1.7 million statistic. I've rolled on 4-5 servers and population is about equal, fleet @50-75 prime, other planets roughly 20-40. Do the math, even if there were 100 servers (which I don't believe there is), that would mean in average 17000 players/server. Just for giggles, bump prime time #s by 20, it's still a far cry from 17000 people on that server. I understand that's not reflecting low times. Low times are like 20-40@fleet,10-20 per planet. Of course double those numbers for opposite faction. I just don't see it. Am I missing something? I mean I'm sure a company wouldn't fudge numbers to appease shareholders...

Love the game that doesn't mean I'm blind.

TBH I'm skeptical of the 1.7 million statistic. I've rolled on 4-5 servers and population is about equal, fleet @50-75 prime, other planets roughly 20-40. Do the math, even if there were 100 servers (which I don't believe there is), that would mean in average 17000 players/server. Just for giggles, bump prime time #s by 20, it's still a far cry from 17000 people on that server. I understand that's not reflecting low times. Low times are like 20-40@fleet,10-20 per planet. Of course double those numbers for opposite faction. I just don't see it. Am I missing something? I mean I'm sure a company wouldn't fudge numbers to appease shareholders...

Love the game that doesn't mean I'm blind.

Fleet is 150-200 on the Imp side on my server during peak times, Prophecy of the Five, it's a shady 40-60 on the Pub side though.

Edited by Kabaal

Fleet is 150-200 on the Imp side on my server during peak times, Prophecy of the Five, it's a shady 40-60 on the Pub side though.

That's what I'm saying. Make prime numbers 1000 on fleet, 200/planet, 300 in raids etc., double opposing faction and you're still a far cry from an average of 17000 players on that server. I can't say for a fact that a server out there exists, but I don't believe so. If there BW, tell me what one so I can stop trying to find a populated server.

I don't even care about FREE transfers. I would pay $10 per character to transfer my toons and another $10 to transfer my legacy. I would choose another name if mine was taken as long as my legacy level remained the same. Maybe even have a package deal to transfer my entire legacy with all toons from one server to another. I think that would be worth $50. It would be better than having to do what I am doing now. Starting from scratch on a high pop server. Running the same classes and professions that I already did once. That sucks way more than having to choose a new name for my legacy or toons cause they are already taken on the new server.

Think about it.

I feel Transfers should be free!

Why charge players for something that is beyond our (the players) control. Let's ask this question: "Why are Server Populations down?"

Server populations are down due to the way the game has been handled. This whole debacle comes from the way BW or EA (whichever one is responsible) has been handling it's CS and updates.

1) Customer Service... leaves a lot to be desired and is practically non-existent.

2) The updates, have not been addressing the issues that are top priority to the players.

So, in response players stop playing! Now, they're going to CHARGE us for transfers, in an attempt to bring the game up to where it should be? Think about this... Is your server pop low because of you?

No, I don't think so. So why pay for something that should be inherent in this type of game from the get go? You're willing to fork over more money (on top of your monthly $15 Sub) just to get more people to run with, when that is the entire purpose of an MMO in the first place? MMO's are meant to be "Social" games. BW is well aware of this, as they stated in one of their first interviews, that the social aspects of this game were going to make it one of the best games out there. Um... guys..... Where did this aspect go?

IMHO I feel Server mergers should be first and foremost on the list of priorities, in an attempt to fix this population issue. Then, FREE TRANSFERS, for those that still want them. People just don't want to continue paying good, hard-earned money for a product that doesn't live up to it's claims or expectations!

Another company did it right. Free transfers; but you have to stay on your new server for 7 days before you can transfer again. This gives the players time to find out how the server works for them and relieves the Dev team from the same character transfering every hour. It works well for them and their players.

As for Legacy... this is not even an issue at this point, as 1.2 has not even come out yet. This whole Population issue should be addressed and fixed before the release of Patch 1.2, because as of 1.2 release, there will be an entirely new set of issues that will arise and take precedence over any already existing issues.

Edited by mrgarybaldi

Not sure if this has been suggested, but wouldn't an easy fix for Legacy/transfers be to say:

If transferring 1 character to a server, all characters from the original server must move, then combine the Legacy "experience points"? If that puts total char count about 8 for the new server, then fine. Char creation would be locked until the owner makes room by deleting unwanted chars.

Just throwing that out there.

I feel Transfers should be free!

As for Legacy... this is not even an issue at this point, as 1.2 has not even come out yet. This whole Population issue should be addressed and fixed before the release of Patch 1.2, because as of 1.2 release, there will be an entirely new set of issues that will arise and take precedence over any already existing issues.

Here is my problem and it is very serious for me.

I am level 30 legacy.

I have 3 level 50 characters. (1 battlemaster)

I am on a dead server. (hence the 3 level 50s)

If I re-roll I lose SO MUCH TIME put into legacy. This is NOT a solution for me.

If there are transfers, and I hope to all things holy that BW will incorporate transfers, PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO TRANSFER FULL LEGACY!

I don't care about leveling up another 50 on a different server....its the level 30 LEGACY i care about losing.

i desperately hope they make this happen.

Edited by Volcan

Here is my problem and it is very serious for me.

I am level 30 legacy.

I have 3 level 50 characters. (1 battlemaster)

I am on a dead server. (hence the 3 level 50s)

If I re-roll I lose SO MUCH TIME put into legacy. This is NOT a solution for me.

If there are transfers, and I hope to all things holy that BW will incorporate transfers, PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO TRANSFER FULL LEGACY!

I don't care about leveling up another 50 on a different server....its the level 30 LEGACY i care about losing.

i desperately hope they take this into consideration.

Not to undermine your Legacy accomplishments Sir, but I don't understand why you'd be more concerned about losing it instead of your characters. Yes, I get it regarding its the sum of all your time etc, but!...Legacy isn't implemented yet. We don't know exactly how it's going to be. Yeah the theory of it is cool, but in the end it's the actual implementation of it that matters. SWTOR and all the theories before release was incredible, but I think BW dropped the ball in alot of areas. Not bashing the game, alot of things I like, but it doesn't dismiss the fact they got alot of things wrong.

How would you feel if BW took you up on your offer about ditching your toons and keeping the Legacy.....and the cool concept flopped. Just basically saying careful what you wish for brother.

I'll reiterate my opinion posted previously regarding this topic as I believe it's critically important to the success of future MMO's.

The one thing that IMO Rift did very well is that they permitted open server transfers weekly at will. The only thing that they (and it looks like SW) did was take to long to implement. Future releases would be wise to announce open server transfers free for 90 days beginning 30 days after release. this would permit them to stabilize on release and then as people start getting the "I can't play with my friends" syndrome that occurs as the friends you started playing with leave and other friends are farther along than you, you'd be able to fix this. Also, the intro server crush is alleviated post-release within a month usually.

Not to undermine your Legacy accomplishments Sir, but I don't understand why you'd be more concerned about losing it instead of your characters. Yes, I get it regarding its the sum of all your time etc, but!...Legacy isn't implemented yet. We don't know exactly how it's going to be. Yeah the theory of it is cool, but in the end it's the actual implementation of it that matters. SWTOR and all the theories before release was incredible, but I think BW dropped the ball in alot of areas. Not bashing the game, alot of things I like, but it doesn't dismiss the fact they got alot of things wrong.

How would you feel if BW took you up on your offer about ditching your toons and keeping the Legacy.....and the cool concept flopped. Just basically saying careful what you wish for brother.

I Never said I didn't care about losing my characters, I do. What I'm saying is I don't mind leveling up another character on a new server as long as I retain the legacy level I earned. That's it.

As far as legacy not being implemented yet and the potential of it being a flop: Oh well, but there will certainly be SOMETHING worth my time. If nothing more than looking at a level at the bottom of my screen.

I don't think its too much to ask that we don't lose time and effort invested into the game if there are transfers. Especially since MANY of us did not even get to choose our server, we were placed on a server due to the guild deployment. Our server happened to be one with tons of very small guilds which quickly died out.

Edited by Volcan

It's bad pub to announce server transfers or mergers this early in the game. Bioware is gonna hold back as long as they can and will do anything within their power to get the subs up.

Free weekend passes, recruit a friend is a start.....

It's bad pub to announce server transfers or mergers this early in the game. Bioware is gonna hold back as long as they can and will do anything within their power to get the subs up.

Free weekend passes, recruit a friend is a start.....

The start of the end !

I recently Canceled my account 3 days left.. Before you say I am QQ'ing read my post.

I generally lvl 3-4 toons at once its a nice way to balance profs and get a feel for several classes and they all work together so they all reap the rewards.

I have 4 toons at lvl 33 my server was great on launch day and about a month later fell to the floor I have earned my legacy title and many other things I am happy to have accomplised.

I have been on planets when I am the only sole there (try and find someone to quest with or instance lmao)

I invested alot of game time to lvl these toon's and to simply re-roll is not a viable option for me I dont want to waist my time going through 4 classes starting quest again..

Yes it was fun do I want to do it over no. I am very satisfied with the chars I have created I like them and would willing pay to move them as I have done in world of warcraft many many times.

Shoot up to today I have been paying for both my wow and swtor accounts but I have stopped playing swtor because there is no one to play with on my realm and if Im not playing Im not paying.

In Closing I think BW made a fantastic game. They did a great job of making coming here from there very simple and comfortable even. I think they over looked some of the mechanics that has kept Blizzard top in the MMO style until they realize that themselves pops will continue to drop and subscriptions will continue to wain.

I cant complain about the pvp as my server never had enough to even wanna try there was 20 people on my fleet at 10 am 3/17/12 this morning I have more guild members in wow on any tuesday morning at 6 am. I also found 0 pop on three different planets I went to. I did not experience game issues like so many did. Having character transfers would have meant my blizzard account closed today rather than swtors. Which I totally would have rather done, but no peoples = no fun Heck Id be happy on a realm of trolls for gods sakes to see general chat have a life.

I have given The Blizz $14.95 since November 23, 2004 (7 years) and totally was ready for this and to have something that more suites my Sci Fi side which wow has never done. I only play becasue there is nothing better imo.

it's $12,558 + expacs + mounts + pets + realm transfers + name changes + faction transfers for those wanting the math lotta dough right there, and given SWTOR the same since Dec 22nd 2011 yes blizz did wait until almost BC to give realm transfers but BW should have noticed that this is a Mainstay for a MMO in this day and age.

I would think they should address this before G2 or D3 or 1.2 launch as the pickings for gamers will become alot slimmer then and now is ripe while we all deciding where to spend our Game Dough.