OK 17 FLEET INSTANCES??? Seriously ***?

Jaizo

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yes, how dare players want Bioware to fix a mess they created and not have to post in forums for Bioware to look at an issue they created. Instead of logging in themselves, have the players do all the legwork they get paid to do it right? Right? Right?

Are you perfect? Because i think not, and you cant expect a perfect game, even WoW when started had worst issues (like lagging as hell on Ahn Qiraj Gates, servers which went down and had a nice "rollback" of 10 minutes).

SWTOR has issues yes, its Bioware first MMO. It IS a success (i belive if we follow those numbers posted on some webs, we can see the game got profit yet, so it will have even if it last only a year, so they will continue feeding it for more time). And they got bugs, yes, some of them are hard to understand (SOA ones for example), but they fix them, have you seen a game which started with one patch per week? A game that started with almost 10 dungeons which 5-6 can be played even at top level? Two operations at the begining? Three Warzones at the begining? Thats a lot of content, you should be thankfull there were only a FEW bugs (seeing all the content you should expect even more issues).

This is truely the most epic failsauce I've seen in any MMO I've ever played.

Really? This is the worst bug you have ever seen?

Hyperbole much?

Oh, sorry.. Hyperbole- it means to overly exaggerate to the point of ridiculous.

Hello everyone! We appreciate your reports about this issue. The problem is currently being actively investigated, and we will seek resolution as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Aka we are Waiting for Stephen Reid to think of a clever excuse.

Why have a test server if minor issues like that are not caught or was this patch not put on test? If not what genius decided not to put it on test.

It is great to allow the players to waste their time on test finding bugs but ultimately it is BW's responsibility.

Way to go. Chase off more people BW!

I can only image what kind of mess the game will be in when or if 1.2 makes it live.

15 dollars a month means something to me. It means:

1. Bugs should be tested, and not released when they break the game servers.

2. I deserve an HONEST explaination in a TIMELY manner.

It's called"oops"

*** do you expect?

I don't understand how they could have put fleet instances in and not even mentioned it in the notes.

Well instances for Fleet have actually been in the game for a while.. IMO. As for not making a reference in patch notes about this sudden development who knows BW's reasoning? I can see maybe a max of 2 to 3 instances but not the volume that folks are posting. Just hit 30 in Fleet and still a single instance. It's probably a bug when it comes to the large number of instances but I think Fleet has been intentionally split right now.

The non instancing at Imperial fleet was a bug wich caused fps drops and lag for some people. We have now fixed this issue and it is now working as intended.

There you go... no need to wait for Stephen ;)

This.

Stephen Reid will be on soon to tell us all how this is our faults for having low end computer parts.

LOL! :)

I could easily imagine this sort of response...

"Hey everyone, thanks for bearing with us as we investigated the concerns raised here.

After investigation, it seems that the confusion here is a combination of a UI issue that's been resolved and a feature that's working as intended, but the reason why it's 'working as intended' needs explanation.

First, the UI issue. Characters on either the Republic or Imperial Fleet exist in the same instance. The map UI element incorrectly shows them split into multiple instances. Unfortunately this is the 'Low Limit' setting for "Map Player Count", which was enabled by default and replaces the original preference of 'High Limit'. In reality, there was never supposed to be a 'High Limit' choice - that was a bug.

Here's where we need to explain. As many of you have noted, your character in the fleet maps is counted using the 'Low Limit' option when there is a high server load. This was a deliberate decision by the development team. To understand why this was done, I have to briefly talk about MMOs and their databases.

In comparison to single player games and other genres, blah, blah, blah <snip>

In summary; yes, we had a small UI bug that unfortunately caused confusion over how players are counted on the fleet maps. The count you're seeing in the course of normal gameplay is optimized for server load. The count you're seeing during server loads are also optimized for that period of play. They are 'High Limit' counts, but that's because we're able to control the server loads to ensure good performance in a way we can't during normal gameplay.

We understand the passion and desire for people to see all of their friends and guild members in the same map. Because of the performance issues that would cause for the client, that's not an immediate and easy fix; we need to ensure we're making choices that the majority of our players will be able to benefit from. Having 'dynamic counting' helps performance overall, and that's a very important goal for us.

With that said, we've heard your feedback here loud and clear. The development team is exploring options to improve the fidelity of the game, particularly for those of you with high-spec PCs. It will be a significant piece of development work and it won't be an overnight change, but we're listening and we're committed to reacting to your feedback."

Well instances for Fleet have actually been in the game for a while.. IMO. As for not making a reference in patch notes about this sudden development who knows BW's reasoning? I can see maybe a max of 2 to 3 instances but not the volume that folks are posting. Just hit 30 in Fleet and still a single instance. It's probably a bug when it comes to the large number of instances but I think Fleet has been intentionally split right now.

You, dont understand the problem as it dosnt apply to republic fleets apparently. Let me explain it to you...

The BUG splits the entire fleet into groups of 4 no matter what the server population is. Imagine the fleet only ever having 4 ppl on it.