OK 17 FLEET INSTANCES??? Seriously ***?

Jaizo

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The non instancing at Imperial fleet was a bug wich caused fps drops and lag for some people. We have now fixed this issue and it is now working as intended.

There you go... no need to wait for Stephen ;)

So killing the social center of the game was intentional?? LOL im done

15 dollars a month means something to me. It means:

1. Bugs should be tested, and not released when they break the game servers.

2. I deserve an HONEST explaination in a TIMELY manner.

That wasn't timely enough for you?

Or do you need the Dev's phone numbers to be satisfied.

To those unaware, they are restarting the servers soon and are aware of the issue.

LOL! :)

I could easily imagine this sort of response...

"Hey everyone, thanks for bearing with us as we investigated the concerns raised here.

After investigation, it seems that the confusion here is a combination of a UI issue that's been resolved and a feature that's working as intended, but the reason why it's 'working as intended' needs explanation.

First, the UI issue. Characters on either the Republic or Imperial Fleet exist in the same instance. The map UI element incorrectly shows them split into multiple instances. Unfortunately this is the 'Low Limit' setting for "Map Player Count", which was enabled by default and replaces the original preference of 'High Limit'. In reality, there was never supposed to be a 'High Limit' choice - that was a bug.

Here's where we need to explain. As many of you have noted, your character in the fleet maps is counted using the 'Low Limit' option when there is a high server load. This was a deliberate decision by the development team. To understand why this was done, I have to briefly talk about MMOs and their databases.

In comparison to single player games and other genres, blah, blah, blah <snip>

In summary; yes, we had a small UI bug that unfortunately caused confusion over how players are counted on the fleet maps. The count you're seeing in the course of normal gameplay is optimized for server load. The count you're seeing during server loads are also optimized for that period of play. They are 'High Limit' counts, but that's because we're able to control the server loads to ensure good performance in a way we can't during normal gameplay.

We understand the passion and desire for people to see all of their friends and guild members in the same map. Because of the performance issues that would cause for the client, that's not an immediate and easy fix; we need to ensure we're making choices that the majority of our players will be able to benefit from. Having 'dynamic counting' helps performance overall, and that's a very important goal for us.

With that said, we've heard your feedback here loud and clear. The development team is exploring options to improve the fidelity of the game, particularly for those of you with high-spec PCs. It will be a significant piece of development work and it won't be an overnight change, but we're listening and we're committed to reacting to your feedback."

NO, there are only 4 ppl visible on the fleet at one time. while i agree the fleet should get instanced it should be at 50-75 or 75-100 ppl NOT 4 LOL

The BUG splits the entire fleet into groups of 4 no matter what the server population is. Imagine the fleet only ever having 4 ppl on it.

I'm imagining it and omg I wouldn't be able to....

wait I could still do everything as normal..

Carry on.

Do any of you have kids? This reminds me of " daddy are the cookies done, daddy aare the cookies done, daddy are the cookies done, daddy are the cookies done, daddy I'm going to end my life if the cookies arnt done". So I exaggerated the end a bit... But really kids, simmer down.

As everyone knows, bioware favors empire. So let's brainstorm about how this will benefit the imps. I can't think if any but I'm sure one of you can.

GO!

They plan to implement cross-faction fleet raids. Since Bioware knows the Imperials are better geared with more Hutball experience, it's an easy win of 4 imps against 4 pubs.

Do any of you have kids? This reminds me of " daddy are the cookies done, daddy aare the cookies done, daddy are the cookies done, daddy are the cookies done, daddy I'm going to end my life if the cookies arnt done". So I exaggerated the end a bit... But really kids, simmer down.

lol, so true.

Edited by cipher_nemo

Computer's broken.

Is it a PC or a Mac?

Yes!

Seriously though.... aight not gonna turn this in to a chatroom but lol @ the episode at the theatre where roy is in the wheelchair and Jen turns to the bar and see Moss lol. I swear to God... I laughed so hard I seriously almost pissed myself :D

OMG don't make me come out of my mom's basement! You won't like it I promise!

How can you do this to me, Georg after all we've been through? 15 Fleet instances? Come on man.

BTW I will return your Kylie Minogue CD as soon as I find it. I'm sure it's buried under one of these piles of unwashed cereal bowls and used kleenex.

Oh yeah, can you tell me all about the class changes coming in 1.2?

Thanks

I don't understand how they could have put fleet instances in and not even mentioned it in the notes.

Instancing has always been in. It's just the number of players required to trigger an additional instance of a specific zone that has changed.

I expect they intended to reduce the number for the fleets slightly, say from 100 players to 80, but typed 8 in the database by mistake.

I can only imagine what their server configuration file looks like...

//FLEETINSTANCE

//

//This sets the number of players needed before a new instance is generated

//NOTE: Do not set to 4 in the LIVE environment as NERD RAGE will ensue!

//

//1=100 PLAYERS

//2=200 PLAYERS

//3=300 PLAYERS

//4=4 PLAYERS

FLEETINSTANCE=4

Edited by KhaosRealm