Server population is dropping...

Miffy

1.7 million subs in January.

March 1st is when Oceanic servers went up, we can assume many more players activated their accounts.

1.7 million subs in March.

Math is hard...

1.7 million at the end of February, Before the oceanic launch.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people so dam negative. I like the game, I will play till they shut it down. I guess all the negative people Troll the Forums. I will go back to my little place in the sun and continue to play.

the problem is people are giving up and creating new characters on different servers. 1st bioware totally overestimated how many subscribers they would have and second people are being way too impatient and switching. one of or both of two things need to happen 1 bioware needs to merge servers and create server that hold more subscribers and second people need to stay on the servers they are on. talk about decline in population. a couple of times i've been the only person on a planet.

Why are people so dam negative. I like the game, I will play till they shut it down. I guess all the negative people Troll the Forums. I will go back to my little place in the sun and continue to play.

that's true i would still play if it was an offline game

I logged in last week and there were 2 people in Ilum and like 15 in the fleet.

Standard server btw. Not good.

In other news, the sky is sometimes blue.

When my server is listed as standard there are 200 people in the fleet and I can get a wz any time of day. Ilum always has action. If you have to invent "truths" to justify your reasons for not liking the game or wanting it to fail then you've really got issues.

Edited by Parali
avoiding language filter

I'm honestly somewhat annoyed with the lack of players coming through the lower leveled planets. I don't know what the populations are in Corellia & Ilum, but I certainly hope they're higher than Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa, Tython, and Alderaan have been..

Well I know that I am totally loving SWTOR but the last 2 weeks my login time has been roughly half for 1 simple reason. Mass Effect. I had to finish my perfect save in 2 and now am happily running through 3. I will be back to logging into SWTOR 4 or 5 days a week instead of the 1 or 2 from the past couple of weeks in a short amount of time. :D

that's true i would still play if it was an offline game

It's def not worth paying $15 bucks for. It's Kotr with a chatbox, imo.

I'd pay double that amount a month for a good online mmo. Too bad the old Mythic never worked on DAOC 2. The new Mythic is bleh, we saw that with Warhammer, and can see that now in SWTOR with the pvp they shabbed up.

I hate to be the doom and gloom type, but I agree that there is a problem with declining populations. Not long ago, during prime time, the server I'm on regularly had just over 200 population on the fleet. Now it barely peaks over 100. Finding a group is rediculously hard.

I've put my account on hold for a bit and will come back in the future (more than likely) and will hopefully find the game in better health.

Edited by JohnScott

what are some good servers to reroll on that have good/expanding populations?

i prefer pvp servers but the inclusion of other types would be helpful to other readers

Fatman (PvP) or Harbinger (PvE) are the top two destination servers. These are the servers that anyone who is telling you that their fleet averages 100+ or 150+ and peaks over 200+, are playing on.

my server seems like its growing and growing... i joined it because it was the lowest pop west coast pvp server when i first started (i had a POS computer that needed that). and now its one of the most populated west coast pvp servers out..

I'm honestly somewhat annoyed with the lack of players coming through the lower leveled planets. I don't know what the populations are in Corellia & Ilum, but I certainly hope they're higher than Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa, Tython, and Alderaan have been..

It seems opposite when I've been leveling up. Tython and Ord are hammered with people while Hoth has like 5 people in it.

It seems opposite when I've been leveling up. Tython and Ord are hammered with people while Hoth has like 5 people in it.

Yeah, population goes big early on then shrinks dramatically, by the time you reach Hoth on Shadow Hand US it's impossible to find a group for anything. Well unless your patience is made out of iron

Yeah, population usually declines.

On my old server I ended up with 19 people tops on Hoth at prime time, which was when I decided to reroll...

On my new rerolled server which used to be heavy pop (but never is anymore) I started with 80-90 people on the starting planets, had about 25-30+ by the time I was on Tatooine and now I'm on Alderaan which hit 25 people on weekend prime time. Last night (wed.) there were 6-15 people... I can't wait to be back on Hoth on this server :/

I level 3 toons at the same time across factions so I level slower...

what are some good servers to reroll on that have good/expanding populations?

i prefer pvp servers but the inclusion of other types would be helpful to other readers

Ajunta Pall is a healthy RP/PvP server. Some strong guilds and a stable economy.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

You can check server populations there, on the bottom left of the server list you can sort by population. Any of the top 10 will be healthy.

This is not population; it's server activity. Those are two different things.

Numbers people are quoting do nothing to prove server populations are dropping significantly, (or growing for that matter either) merely that activity is down.

Considering the game launched over Christmas break, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why activity is down.

This is not population; it's server activity. Those are two different things.

Numbers people are quoting do nothing to prove server populations are dropping significantly, (or growing for that matter either) merely that activity is down.

Considering the game launched over Christmas break, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why activity is down.

I'm aware of that, but it really is the same thing, more activity equals healthier population, which is why it's labeled like that.

And I agree, once the xmas break and novelty were gone, there's wasn't much activity left on the servers part page 1 and perhaps 2... tho my server is on page 2 now and it's too empty already...

or let me rephrase that to appease some people obsessed with numbers and theories: My server is most likely full of subbed and paying players that rarely play and therefore has low activity!

This game has a great population, problem is it's fractured apart too much. The worse thing that is going to happen to this game is going to grow with the Asian launch and people are going to say that's evidence that the population problems are unjustified and trolls. I don't understand how people subbing in the Asian market are going to help me find a flashpoint while leveling my alt in NA, cause that is the core of the issue.

There are tons of viable options to fix the gameplay on these servers: Mergers/Cross server queues/free transfers. Only issue is the time frame, I don't want to have to wait indefinately. I know transfers are coming up soon but how much are they going to cost? I have 3-4 toons that I refuse to reroll since leveling the same class again is too linear and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I dropped $150 on transfers in WoW in TBC only to have my server die in WOTLK due to lag issues, I will never pay for a server again unless it's very reasonable.

Edited by Touchbass

125 on Imp. fleet 10pm EST. East coast server. A couple of weeks ago it was 175. Before that it was 200+. Like it or not, population is dwinding. Active accounts mean jack if they aren't playing. I'm holding out to see if a friend will come back to play. If he's out, then I'm out.

I was very excited about this game and I've played it a LOT. I've enjoyed it a LOT but one aspect of the online game is to play with others, preferably friends. They've all but abandoned the game. So, that's that. I log in and promptly log out, these past few days at least.

BW has a lot of work to get people to come back and I really hope they're listening to customer feedback. A great run but confidence is low right now. I hate it because I'm an uber SW geek. :( C'est la vie (or something like that...)