Server population is dropping...

Miffy

I don't think anyone is against it. Occasionally a troll from a high pop server sticks his head in just to irritate you. The problem is, they can't do a merge till after they figure out how to do transfers.

They know the basics of transfering, if they didn't know that we would be in a lot deeper trouble. Oceania will get it in April and if they really wanted they would test any kinks in it for free and without issue on the PTR. Merging servers on the other hand is tricky but it isn't some insurmountable task they couldn't do in the next 2 weeks if they really deemed it a major issue. The fact is they don't and that's why it wont be available until May or June at this rate.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know the basics of transfering, if they didn't know that we would be in a lot deeper trouble. Oceania will get it in April and if they really wanted they would test any kinks in it for free and without issue on the PTR. Merging servers on the other hand is tricky but it isn't some insurmountable task they couldn't do in the next 2 weeks if they really deemed it a major issue. The fact is they don't and that's why it wont be available until May or June at this rate.

The fact is, they haven't figured out how to do transfers correctly just yet, which is why Australians are having to wait til late April for their transfers. That is a fact. And if they can't transfer them, then they can't do mergers yet.

The fact is, they haven't figured out how to do transfers correctly just yet, which is why Australians are having to wait til late April for their transfers. That is a fact. And if they can't transfer them, then they can't do mergers yet.

That is just speculation. Is 1.2 being put off because of the transfers or something else within 1.2 not working right. I haven't read anything saying 1.2 was delayed because of the server transfers. As you are stating "fact", mind posting a link that states that "Fact" as for it to be "Fact" you would have had to read an official post. I might have missed it.

It is sad, but I unsubbed last night and when asked for the reason, the low pop was the reason. I do want to play and will continue to monitor if they are going to do anything about it, but this plus the push back of 1.2 (whihc may or may not have helped me anyway) meant I saw little reason in hanging one

Exactly! How is 1.2 going to help people on low populated servers?

1.2 is not the game savior, its just got somethings that should have been in the game for starters. Its not going to help keeping unsatisfied people who want to play an mmo and not an online single player game.

On any WOW server, the auction houses alone have more people then all the planets put together on most SWTOR servers.

That's just plain false. I'm currently subscribed to WoW and nearly HALF of the US servers are ghost towns. The server I have 8 characters on is lucky to see 100 people on at any given time.

WoW needs server mergers much more than ToR does. That's not saying that ToR couldn't stand to lose about 50 servers or so, but let's not make stuff up either.

In my opinion, lack of people on servers isn't tied to the number of subscriptions. The same number of people are playing, but the newness has worn off and the same number of people are playing fewer hours. Also, most people play a new game many more hours then they should when it first comes out but soon have to play less hours due to demands of real life. This causes servers to be much lower populated except at peak periods. the game is NOT in trouble nor is it dieing.

Just my opinion.

Is 1.2 being put off because of the transfers or something else within 1.2 not working right. I haven't read anything saying 1.2 was delayed because of the server transfers.

Server transfers have been announced for Asia for late April, and for the rest of the world at an unspecified later date. This makes it almost certain that server transfers have nothing to do with 1.2: It is an independent feature.

You mean back in February? When they clearly said it was activated accounts, which include players in their "free" month? And lets not kid ourselves, having to actually enter CC information to access your free month is a new industry low.

It's industry standard. EQ, EQ2, DAoC, WoW, etc, etc. all this this. Welcome to MMO's!

That is just speculation. Is 1.2 being put off because of the transfers or something else within 1.2 not working right. I haven't read anything saying 1.2 was delayed because of the server transfers. As you are stating "fact", mind posting a link that states that "Fact" as for it to be "Fact" you would have had to read an official post. I might have missed it.

At the guild summit they explicitly stated they're having problems with transfers because of the complexity of the Legacy system. Legacy>Server Transfers I guess currently.

If you dont see people in fleet. They could be in a wz or a flashpoint or busy with a guild Op. Next time start /whoing classes and you'll see what your pop is like on your server. Also, the servers had there pop increased so they'll read smaller then when the game first launched. Its like putting a bigger gas tank on a car, still putting 16gal in its gonna read closer to empty then full thanks to the bigger tank.

In my opinion, lack of people on servers isn't tied to the number of subscriptions. The same number of people are playing, but the newness has worn off and the same number of people are playing fewer hours. Also, most people play a new game many more hours then they should when it first comes out but soon have to play less hours due to demands of real life. This causes servers to be much lower populated except at peak periods. the game is NOT in trouble nor is it dieing.

Just my opinion.

That's exactly what the numbers EA released today say. The number of subscribers is still the same as last month. 100% retention rate btw (although I presume some left and some started)

Well would be nice for BW to add in a tool to see full server pop no matter where they are. Just give a lightside and darkside numbers...im sure that will help a few people in here....maybe.

On another note with the release of Mass Effect 3, activity in the game and other MMO's most likely took a hit. Sense TORStatus.net shows nearly no activity on a lot of servers when Mass Effect 3 came out (890,000 sold in first day...3.5mil worldwide). Think severs might be lacking for the month, thanks to one game lol.

reroll,Yes i know it is a tough thing to do!(i had to do the same I was on rwookroro) you can roll an alt on a heavy pop server and wait for server transfer you can try the other side or try a new class i found it to be very worthwhile and a good experience.I think you should experience a high pop server with a new class on the other side so you get new quests!

I hope this helps you guys out because I think this is what BW wanted us to do,also reroll on tomb of freedon nadd EU pvp i am on that server on republic,it is usually heavy almost all day my sages name is muffin-fairy!

reroll,Yes i know it is a tough thing to do!(i had to do the same I was on rwookroro) you can roll an alt on a heavy pop server and wait for server transfer you can try the other side or try a new class i found it to be very worthwhile and a good experience.I think you should experience a high pop server with a new class on the other side so you get new quests!

I hope this helps you guys out because I think this is what BW wanted us to do,also reroll on tomb of freedon nadd EU pvp i am on that server on republic,it is usually heavy almost all day my sages name is muffin-fairy!

It does not get any more sad than this. You are still playing???

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3196835#edit3196835

Not speculation and I didn't say anything about patch 1.2 :rolleyes:

Edited by Kourage

It does not get any more sad than this. You are still playing???

Since you have made your opinion of the game known in more than one thread, please do the rest of us a big favor, and find a new game to play.

<force choke> "I find your lack of decorum... disturbing."

Well all I can say is this.I canceled my account because I couldn't find anyone to lvl with even after I posted many times on the forms looking.This is a great game but when you have to solo everything when lvling its not fun at all.I couldn't get any heroic 4 mans done and I couldn't get into any of the instances.TBH even the guilds i would join didnt do anything to help each other out.I hope that maybe after a few patches the games populations will improve. Maybe in a year or so I would come back after it is setteld and biowear has time to relase a good amount of patchs and such.

I started at launch (like many of you I'm sure) on Gardens of Talla, after the free month, I was off a month and a half (semester turn-around, exams etc) and I came back to find the server a ghost town. My guild of 60+ people had at most 3-4 people on at one time, and fleet (imp) had maybe 30-35 people on. What happened bioware? I still love the game and would love to see more people come and play, even if the game had to become free-to-play (It worked for DCUO and STO). Unless everyone is just taking a break to play ME3, something has to happen before everyone just gives up. I'd hate to see this game die :(