Server population is dropping...

Miffy

WoW has approx 10M subscribers and has 226 US servers

TOR has approx 1.7M subscribers and has 123 US servers

WoW has 5.9 times the subscribers and only 1.8 times the amount of US servers

To get the same average populations per server TOR needs to reduce to about 38 servers lol

Last night (Saturday night) at 8pm, my servers (Zaalbar) fleets had 40 people and 60 people for republic and empire respectively.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get the same average populations per server TOR needs to reduce to about 38 servers lol

Last night (Saturday night) at 8pm, my servers (Zaalbar) fleets had 40 people and 60 people for republic and empire respectively.

Math fail.

WoW has nowhere near 10M US subscribers. More like 2-3M.

You don't really think all 10 millions (or even a big part of them) are from US, do you?

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

Game is perfect, you suck. Low population is a FEATURE. Working as intended. You suck shut up, you suck

You can romance furries, what else do you want??!!

END OF RINE

Never said US subs...how does that have anything to do with math?

Because your math was based on worldwide subs divided by us servers. It's not an accurate comparison since a vast number of wow subs are from asia and you'd have to know the ratio of US subs in both games to compare

Edited by lineschmidt

Because your math was based on worldwide subs divided by us servers...

Even with that being the case, there is nothing wrong with the math

20 peaches for every 2 picture frames is 10 peaches per picture frame...

Math comprehension fail?

Edited by bhouse

Even with that being the case, there is nothing wrong with the math lol

20 peaches for every 2 picture frames is 10 peaches per picture frame...

Math comprehension fail?

You really dont see how invalid your math was?

Ok then, good luck with that

Edited by lineschmidt

Agreed. End game is dull and I'm taking off to. Also having nothing to do with Bioware any more after they **** Mass Effect 3's ending.... go ahead... venture over to the ME3 forums I dare you....

Both BiowareEA games and both poorly executed and lacking both the knowledge and the substance of the IPs exposed to people once they played the games. Kinda sensing a theme here...

They will not merge servers so stop asking for this.

To merge servers at this point in time would mean admitting failure and they won't do this.

Bioware, hiding from failure since March 2012...

Edited by Tenceriker

You really dont see how invalid your math was?

Ok then, good luck with that

I see how the comparison doesnt show US subs per US servers, but that is not information that is readily available. I was merely showing a comparison of TOTAL subs and US servers for each game.

I think that its because they made the game to demanding.....YOu need a pretty good computer just to play the game. I had to do several tweaks on mine to finally get it to play the game how i want it. We are living in a down encomny and no one has the money to go buy a brand new computer just to play their game. WOW ( WOrld of Warcraft) did it perfectly by not evolving the visual aspect of the game but extending the features of the game. WOW has so many people subscibed and the reason for that, is that the game can be played on almost any system.

I see how the comparison doesnt show US subs per US servers, but that is not information that is readily available. I was merely showing a comparison of TOTAL subs and US servers for each game.

Which is pointless because you don't have the numbers and ratio of US subs in both games

That's not mentioning the fact that those 2 games use very different software with different limitations

Edited by lineschmidt

You keep believing WoW has that many players.

WoW's population has been on decline for a while now. The only thing is Blizzard continues inflating their numbers so gullible people will think the game is doing well.

Why do you think they're now marketing their game towards the Asian and kiddie population?

Servers I played on were dead too at WoW. " WoW has 10 million subs."

/sarcasm- Yeah, right!

Edited by RikHar

I got few more days left and im off .. I won t play a game where i can t finde anyone to play FP and heroics whit ..

It's been pretty hard to find groups for Heroics. I've been trying for days now without successs.

But I'm hoping things change soon. Hopefully.

It's been pretty hard to find groups for Heroics. I've been trying for days now without successs.

But I'm hoping things change soon. Hopefully.

This.

One of the main things that annoyed me was not being able to get groups, even at the start of the game.

They will not merge servers so stop asking for this.

To merge servers at this point in time would mean admitting failure and they won't do this.

And seeing a bunch of light pop empty servers isnt?

They can just merge and say "we decided to merge some servers to bring people closer together" or something like "we merge some servers to cut down our expenses".

Fact is, not merging the servers will hurt them more.

The major problem is that Bioware just does not listen. They're probably going to wait too long or try to half-asz fix like what they did with "group server forums" what a complete fail.

I suspect that they're waiting for patch 1.2 to bring everybody back and then some.

Well.

Like someone mentioned. Merging servers is like saying ... " we have problems and we dont have enough subs "

So they will not do that..it is like pushing small rock from top off mountain . You all knows what can hapend at the end..... big pille of rocks going faster and faster down ( subs ? :) )

SImple as that .

Marketing target ------- Achieved ... sold many game copies ( beta game in my opinion )

No the tricky part ------- sqqqquize as much as posible and lunch other games ( achived )

Now look at the mirror an feel like squized lemon :)

No ofefnce folks .

You have 16 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

I suspect that they're waiting for patch 1.2 to bring everybody back and then some.

Maybe but what happens when they come back and realize 1.2 is just what was supposed to be in the game at release plus bugs and nerfs to Biochem, PvP gear, PvP valor becoming worthless after all the hard work.

sounds like less fun with and extra wz and op. Bad....

I got few more days left and im off .. I won t play a game where i can t finde anyone to play FP and heroics whit ..

This counts for me as well. It is simply too much of a pain to find groups.

I have played this game for 2 months and enjoyed much of the class questing content.

Friends of mine took me to the game.

Now they have stopped playing allready.

Imo, this game is Kotor3 and not viable to get a monthly fee as being a MMO.

Though the game stimulates to create more classes, you find yourself soon in a levelling proces that feels too linear and repetitive, at least it feels that way to me.

The well developed voiced dialogues get boring, while you have heared them over and over again.

Still, the dalogues are the strong part of the game, but in the shape of an MMO it fails in the longer time imo.

SWTOR was like a nice fireworks to me. Amazing at the first sight, but consumed very soon and leaving behind a silent darkness with only a memory to its former glory.

It is a good game, but certainly not good enough to keep me hanging on in the long term.

Is "The Ravager" dead?

I started during my early access and the server was always really full (I was Imperial). Had to stop playing in mid January and returned to the game last week. I decided I wanted to try the Knight out, of course made it on the same server. The server pop is always "light" all the time now and the fleet/planets seem more empty than before. I know it's something like 30/70 to Imps so their fleet/planets should have more people on them of course compared to Reps but this is bad.

I don't want to remake this character on a more full server as I've already been playing on the knight for several days now and don't want to redo it all again so soon. I wouldn't mind to carry on and just wait for server transfers but I feel like I'm putting time into an empty character.

I would gladly pay to transfer right now, but I know that won't happen :(

Edited by Preykousis