Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Made up statistics is considered maths now I see.

I refer you to my observation of server popualation a few hours ago.

I don't need statistics. The lack of grouping and activity in general is enough proof for me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they have more than 700k players atm.
even if you right

cross-server

make it light years ahead of anything that tor can offer

in terms of massive multiplayer

Edited by navarh

even if you right

cross-server

make it light years ahead of anything that tor can offer

in terms of massive multiplayer

It also brought out the worst in MMO players. Due to no consequences:

1. People steal gear for their off spec, then bail the dungeon and suffer no consequences.

2. Deliberately aggroing a pack of mobs or the boss, then leaving the dungeon, causing the rest of the group to wipe. That's ok, you can always queue for another one.

3. Vote-kicks here and there. Oh those 4 players who are from the same guild? They just vote kicked you because a guildie of theirs wants in.

4. DPS still suffer 30+ mins queue when I last played. Then they added that loot bag to encourage tanks and healers to queue up, and what happens is a bunch of people who are not ready for tanking, causing wipes here and there.

There are actually more than enough tanks, but they don't want to tank because they cannot stand LFD people. That's how low people are willing to stoop in dungeons thanks to LFD.

LFD has brought about its share of cons.

1. People steal gear for their off spec, then bail the dungeon and suffer no consequences.
they roll gear for off-spec

they cleared dungeon just like you, and deserve loot just like you, deal with it

2. Deliberately aggroing a pack of mobs
…terrifying…

Oh those 4 players who are from the same guild? They just vote kicked you because a guildie of theirs wants in.
so?

4. DPS still suffer 30+ mins queue when I last played.
lie

Then they added that loot bag to encourage tanks and healers to queue up, and what happens is a bunch of people who are not ready for tanking, causing wipes here and there.
ohnoess wipe…

vote-kick. replace in 0-3min

There are actually more than enough tanks, but they don't want to tank because they cannot stand LFD people.
lie

yeah for you

they cleared dungeon just like you, and deserve loot just like you, deal with it

…terrifying…

so?

lie

ohnoess wipe…

lie

yeah for you

SO much hate you really make his case for him against cross server LFD

…terrifying…

so?

lie

ohnoess wipe…

lie

yeah for you

Quoted for truth

It also brought out the worst in MMO players. Due to no consequences:

2. Deliberately aggroing a pack of mobs or the boss, then leaving the dungeon, causing the rest of the group to wipe. That's ok, you can always queue for another one.

3. Vote-kicks here and there. Oh those 4 players who are from the same guild? They just vote kicked you because a guildie of theirs wants in.

4. DPS still suffer 30+ mins queue when I last played. Then they added that loot bag to encourage tanks and healers to queue up, and what happens is a bunch of people who are not ready for tanking, causing wipes here and there.

There are actually more than enough tanks, but they don't want to tank because they cannot stand LFD people. That's how low people are willing to stoop in dungeons thanks to LFD.

Amen

Cross server LFG systems only create issues. It gives power to those who have no sense of community. Every issue you stated happens daily in WoW due to the crappy LFD system they have.

BW keep systems like this where they belong. In crappy WoW and not in TOR.

Server merge yes. cross server no

…terrifying…

so?

lie

ohnoess wipe…

lie

yeah for you

Someones bitter lol

Its attitudes like this which sell the fact cross server is not needed as it spawns attitudes like this.

Someones bitter lol

Its attitudes like this which sell the fact cross server is not needed as it spawns attitudes like this.

There are very valid arguments for and against a cross realm LFD, however the benefits both for the game and the players far outweigh the small amount of drama you might face. Remember, drama and trolling requires reactions, ignoring it takes the audience from the actor, and what is an actor without his audience?

I started playing on the highest population EU, English, PVP server during head-start, now during the day there is nobody else online in my guild of over 100+ people, when I join a battleground it ends shortly after starting because of not enough players, there are less than 20 people on fleet and 2-3 people on each planet.

An MMO this is not. it's an RPG with online functionality, and if you're happy to pay monthy for such a service, so be it.

Case in point. On my 'Full' population WoW server, there are currently 311 people in Stormwind. This is on one of the highest populated oceanic servers @ 6pm.

On my 'Heavy' oceanic TOR PvP server, there are currently 192 people online on the fleet.

Going by these numbers, TOR obviously has 2/3rds of the population of WoW.

RIGHT?!

Here's an idea - judging a servers population by the population in any one area at any one point of time is a fool's errand.

I'm not judging one way or another what TOR's server populations are across the board - or how TOR's subscriptions are going. But I do judge peoples methods of determining server population.

I wouldn't put Stormwind's population on Frostmourne (Oceanic) above 200 during primetime.

Currently, the Swiftsure (US) and Master Dar'Nala still receive nearly 200 during Oceanic primetime.

The Oceanic community had the brains when it came to getting a Daisy Chain together to select a single server for the community, what is stopping you American and Euro deadbeats from doing it too??? Re-rolling is a piss poor excuse, we are all doing it right now on Master Dar'Nala.

WoW has what? 240 odd US servers? and 10million subs?

Don't compare the two games, it is projected between 4-6million subs are Chinese and they use a different client/servers etc. Not to mention there are also Euro Gamers as well.

Don't be a common fool and think every WoW server is populated.

Edited by Paralassa
content

One thing that I just shake my head at in the whole LFG tool is:

If you don't want it then don't use it!!!!

I don't understand why people think that because they don't agree with something that doesn't have to be used by them is such a big deal. It's the same with combat logs. Some people want them, some don't. Both sides of the fence have stated their reasons. But just like the LFG tool, if you don't want combat logs then don't use them and get a towel to catch your tears.

It's a little bit sad that people are so scared of a video game being ruined because of some rude stranger they'll never encounter in real life.

You don't like the Cross-Server LFD tool, don't use it. Run a FP with your guild or ask in general. People still do that quite easily in WoW you know.

Stop penalising the majority whose gaming experience would be enhanced by a quality of life tool just because a stranger on the internet made you angry in a computer game.

I support cross server LFG tool. People keep talking about this imaginary community which will be destroyed. Where is this community? 80 to 100 people standing in fleets?

The real community exists in guild and if you are already in a good guild why you care if LFG tool is cross server or not? complaining just for the sake of it :confused:

I support cross server LFG tool. People keep talking about this imaginary community which will be destroyed. Where is this community? 80 to 100 people standing in fleets?

The real community exists in guild and if you are already in a good guild why you care if LFG tool is cross server or not? complaining just for the sake of it :confused:

So you need a LFG tool because you cant get any guilds to accept you?

No wonder it promotes ninjas and trolling.

as it spawns attitudes like this.
statistic of my that_game warrior say that i run 4.6 dungeon per 24 hour of playtime, 1245 in total and none of them was "ruined game experience"

yea bad attitude

ofc it's better be like you ppl, cry about "ohnoesss game ruined" over what?

wipe?

someone rude to you?

someone need-roll "your" loot?

someone (tank) is new player or noob?

statistic of my that_game warrior say that i run 4.6 dungeon per 24 hour of playtime, 1245 in total and none of them was "ruined game experience"

yea bad attitude

ofc it's better be like you ppl, cry about "ohnoesss game ruined" over what?

wipe?

someone rude to you?

someone need-roll "your" loot?

someone (tank) is new player or noob?

Cross server LFD sucks because people enter the queue, run flashpoints, and never get to know each other.

Impatience is what is ruining mmos today. No one wants to or is willing to make friends.